GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought I was in the clear on both the drift and the dirt trial, but @BenMillard and @Vic Reign93 both show me up hardcore.

Needless to say, I ended this week feeling a little humbled. I bought a bunch of drift cars to try and top them on the drift trial, which I'm used to performing really well on, but nope. And there's no way I could've done better on the dirt trial either, especially with three different whacks at it.

The Honda Life Step Van still gets my vote. :D

The Honda Life Step Van still gets my vote. :D

Umm... No.

Last week saw the usage of many popular drift cars available throughout the GT6 disc. We found many interesting and unique takes on the formula this week, from the classic AE86 made popular by Initial D to the fictional race cars based on Mazda and Nissan's real world vehicles. Let's see who won the time trials in our leaderboard...

1: @BenMillard / RX-7 Touring Car / 1:05.832
2: @BenMillard / Dunlop ER34 Skyline '07 / 1:07.714
3: @Vic Reign93 / ER34 D1 Spec '04 / 1:08.258
4: @BenMillard / ER34 D1 Spec '04 / 1:09.425
5: @McToasty13 / OPTION Stream Z / 1:10.363
6: @Draggon / Silvia Touring Car / 1:10.601
7: @ThrasherDBS / AE86 / 1:16.183

Next we had the drift trial at the classic drift track Tsukuba. The rubber hath burned and thy vehicles did slide. But who came out on top in this trial? Could it have possibly been the AE86? Probably not considering the amount of race cars out last week, but at least you tried.

1: @Vic Reign93 / ER34 D1 Spec '04 / 20,641

2: @BenMillard / ER34 D1 Spec '04 / 17,323
3: @BenMillard / Genki Hyper Sylvia RS2 / 16,139
4: @ThrasherDBS / RX-7 Touring Car / 15,238
5: @ThrasherDBS / AE86 / 12,526
6: @Draggon / Sylvia Touring Car / 9,412

Also our bonus stage existed too. Corvettes turning into rally cars. The winner of the Corvettes Do Toscana trial was @Vic Reign93 in a Corvette C5 Z06 with a best time of 1:49.430!

As for the winner of this week... I don't really think there was one. Too many cars too choose from to accurately pick a winner. Drifting is a sport that requires a personal touch with the vehicle, so people will inevitably choose different cars to suit their own driving style. The point of drifting is to make an art out of what would otherwise be wasting rubber, so the brush to your canvas is yours to decide.

Last edited:
GT6 Duel of the Week #111: Option Stream Z vs Amuse Carbon R34

Here's an interesting idea I concocted in my mind's eye with two of the previous week's entries. Surprisingly neither of these cars got used. Probably for the better considering they both now star in their own week. This duel features two Japanese tunes that boarder on full-blown race cars. Are you ready to experience the speed of two fearsome tuned beasts? Let's find out in the next week's challenge...

Welcome for the first time the...

Nissan-OPTION-Stream-Z-04-edit-1-small.jpg

... Nissan Option Stream Z! (option wasn't allowed their own dealership for some reason lol)

And the dangerous almost-GT1 worthy time attack monster without headlights...

dsc00061.jpg

The Amuse Carbon R34!!!

It's time to see what they can do. The time trial will take place at midnight (just kidding).

The actual trial will be fought at Brands Hatch GP, everyone's favourite repetitive track from GT Sport. Let's see what these two beasts can do. Also be on the lookout for our special event this week too. You'll just have to come by the club on GT6 to see the unique conditions of the event!​

Mid-Field Raceway_5.jpg

-1-

Syracuse - Night_1.jpg

-2-

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_2.jpg

-3-

GT6 Duel of the Week Bonus Stage #4... What will you decide?

It's been too long since our last bonus stage was raced. With the days of GT6 waning and GT Sport looming over the horizon, it's time to take things up a notch... The next few bonus stages will be decided through a vote. I'll post three different pictures of scenarios and the most popular image will be the theme of the next Bonus Stage. this week features three themes to choose from...

1: Mixed Race Cars at Midfield...
2: Any Ferrari vs Any McLaren Showdown...
3: Mixed Supercars at Monza...

The most popular scenario will be chosen. Following the decision, the entry list and regs will be posted on the separate Bonus Stage thread. Any bonus stage is always Saturday night at 10:00 EST, so be sure to set your alarm for all you Europeans.

This is MrWaflz55 and I'll see you on the track! (for real)​

The only problem with both of these cars is turbo lag. Lots of it! Though I feel like the Z suffers more than the Carbon R. We'll see!

Any interest in joining a parallel club that has a drift version of these duels? I've created a club for drift trials on these. I've sent invites out to everyone on my PSN friends list. If anyone else wants to join, please let me know!

Last edited:
Happy Septebuary,
Quick little review,

Right on paper the Nissan should win... The Z. A lot more Powah more Torque... PD seems to agree with a heft 29 points more on their infallible performance scale.

***Round 1 *** The Price is Right... ***

Both in that kind of middle ground expensive but not exactly cheapy cheap cheap either.
The Option hits you for 200,000 kazulas
The Amuse has a laugh with 250,000 kazulas

Amuse 8 ... Option 10

*** Round 2 *** Looks only a mother could love ***

This is really based on how the shape looks compared to the original and maybe a comparison between the two.

Both are steroided out with lashings of carbon-fibre, polycarbonate and on first view they look very much like the cars they are based on. The Z is stretched out and slightly bloated wider but it maintains the shape of the Z car.

The Carbon R is simple with far less fuss over the shape, a big deep splitter at the front and a comedy Rear wing the Mad Hatter could have a tea party around and still have some room spare for when Alice rocks up.

For some reason the basic chunky shape of the Carbon R is better to me than the Stretched out Nissan Z.

Amuse 10 (18) ... Option 9 (19)​

*** Round 3 *** Shivery Livery Delivery ***

How do you prefer your cars - Like a "Jack the Dripper" painting (*Jackson Pollock - American Artist) - Or Black with a white roof? Colourful or Monochromatic? Looking like a Clown or looking like a Pirate?

The Carbon R is so restrained, lashings of naked Carbon fibre I fully expected the Japanese to pixelate it. (Phwoar - filthy exposed Kevlar weave, what a strumpet!)

Amuse 10 (28) ... Option 7 (26)​

*** Round 4 *** Horns and Lights ***

The Option has fully functional headlamps - not that you need them to blind any fool who looks at it. The Amuse needs no lights! This is a stealth vessel for slipping in and out of harbour without alerting the local governor or the Royal Navy ships at anchor.

Beep beep - The Option however has no horn. The Amuse fits its filthy Pirate car with a Horn which censors the buffoonery it spouts. "BEEEP"

Hmmm wonder what it said? Well I have C3PO - and he knows several million forms of communication, "Yes yes, oh this vehicle speaks very much like an Astromech droid... and let's translate that..."

"Death be a Hooker from Campeche, and her weapon of choice, be Crabs of the Caribbean!"

Oh dear, is this car a Carbon R2-D2 unit?

Drawn Round

Amuse 10(38) ... Option 10(36)
optionmotegi.jpg

*** Round 5 *** Fear my Powah ***

Pretty easy to work out that the Z gets the meat of the engine area and it is focused for a peak power output, The Carbon R has nice amount of engine power but it has a much thicker power curve, which although commendable doesn't help it in this round where peak power is all that counts...

Option - 759bhp
Amuse - 512bhp

savage display of power 247bhp more... that is redonkulous! How can this car lose?

Amuse 7(45) ... Option 10(46)
arrghmotegi.jpg

*** Round 6 *** Pieces of Weight ***

This was harder to score as the Option has Hidden Figures, anyhow I managed to find out just how heavy the car was and you'll be amazed at the result. (Click here for more!) The Carbon R was much more obvious... so let's see who is Skinny Pete and who is Minnesota Fats.

Option - 1440kg
Amuse - 1123kg

Ouch, 317kg more... that is virtually 700 Imperial English pounds... That's astounding! I feel a bit sorry for the Option as 1440 isn't that bad really, but the Amuse makes the Option look like it ate the normal meal and the vegetarian option, turning it into Fatty Mac Fat Fat.

Amuse 10(55) ... Option 6(52)​

*** Round 7 *** Motegi Twin Ringu ***

Did a 4 lap race here. Both cars were stock but the driver aids ripped out. The Option was first up and wasn't too bad, got the win easy enough but I had trouble with the brake area. I overshot a few corners like I actually enjoy being dragged backwards out of the gravel by a tractor.

The Amuse was much easier for me to drive. the Power curve from the engine may lack the height of the Option, but it is thick and has some guts low down. It was also a bit more supple in the corners and the "predictable" power curve let me get up to speed right off the bat.

Amuse - 1m58.8
Option - 2m00.2

Amuse 10(65) ... Option 9(61)
optiontokyo.jpg

*** Round 8 *** Tokyo R246 ***
This power circuit should suit the Z, but who knows? Captain stopwatch knows!

Amuse - 1m45.4
Option - 1m46.1

And to rub it in I had a hoot in the Amuse can you spell P-O-W-E-R-S-L-I-D-E.
(I should have taken a picture of the rubber I left on the track and said it means "Opposite lock" in Japanese Kanji. カウンターステアリング )

The Option was, hard work, you have to get the corner entry just right - and you have to get it right very early - if you are taking in too much speed you understeer to the outside of the track. The Amuse was a marauder on the Asphalt, and that thick powerband lets you muck about like you are swinging on a rope with a knife in your teeth about to attack a Spanish treasure ship.
arrghtokyo.jpg

With added lightness, the Amuse Carbon R rewards the brave with a broadside of smoky oversteer. Yesterday.

Final Score ... Amuse 10(75) ... Option 9(70)

Wow - the "Zee" was very eager out of corners, but the big weak point was brakes twice I skittered off into the gravel and a few more times I was not ready for the lack of retardation in the braking area. (So maybe Ryk's fault...)

The "Arrgh!" was a proper pirate Caaaargh, black and white Jolly Roger livery. It has a far more civilized power curve with much more "guts" to the revs than the ever so peaky "Zee"

Hmm both are fun to drive but the Carbon R just felt more wild and fun, the Option needed alot of codling into corners.

Last word goes to the Carbon R "Beep!"
"That Option Z, be dressed like a floppy haired Frenchman, Yar."

For me the winner was the Amuse Carbon Yaaargh!

Since our fearless leader is indisposed at the moment evidently, I've set up a regular Time Trial at Brands Hatch GP on my club.

Here's the link to the club and here's the link to the event.

EDIT 9/3/17: Where on earth is everybody?

Last edited:
EDIT 9/3/17: Where on earth is everybody?

Well, as I comented on the club page, I was unable to create a room. I tried all weekend, and again today. Did things I thought might help, like rebooting my router, doing the internet connection from scratch on the PS3, trying at different times of the day, and nada, no luck. I tried creating a room in the COTW club and was unable to do that either. I can get into lobbies however. Strange. Never happened before. Sorry, @ThrasherDBS, thanks anyway for setting up the events 👍

Well I guess with that said, I should probably write my piece.

In Gran Turismo 4, there were a few races that I remember using the Option Z for, primarily because it was super powerful and I just randomly won it at some event. I remember it getting me through a good handful of different races, but which ones, I'm not entirely sure. It's been about seven or more years since I've touched Gran Turismo 4's career mode.

With that said, the Carbon R was another car that caught my eye, but because I didn't win it, and didn't feel inclined to save up and buy it, I never really got around to driving it. But with this duel, we've got the opportunity to tackle both of these turbocharged Nissans.

Brands Hatch Trial:
OPTION Z: 1:31.096
Carbon R: 1:30.141

What the Z has in power, it suffers in maneuverability. This was a car that was built for a top speed event, rather than an actual circuit or time attack setting like the Carbon R. With the Z came frustrating understeer coupled with snap oversteer on application of the gas pedal. Both problems were highly downplayed on the Carbon R. The GT-R dressed in carbon fiber proved easier to drive and faster by consequence.

That's why it wins the battle for me.

Since I was never able to get into the club room, I ran these two in arcade mode. The times aren't valid, of course, due to the physics differences online vs. offline. I wanted to participate and be able to give a comparison. The Option hasn't changed much over the years since PD first introduced it. Gobs of power and speed, poor brakes, and understeer. It feels like it's fighting itself, which end is going to brake loose and how badly. At least it's got headlights.

The Carbon is much better overall. It has a nice balance of downforce, plenty enough power, good brakes, and after running the Option for a handful of laps and jumping into this one, I was surprised at how eagerly it turns in. It understeers too, but its easily managed, and it is sooooo much easier ( and fun ) to drive. Too bad so sad that it's blind. :ouch:

Arcade TT
Option Z: 1:30.113
Carbon R: 1:29.775

Verdict: Carbon R!

And a picture :dopey:

tdJIKi-yqctIAdyvL25uuqFmZjFqJcIwSz--EP7h_T6OtwV4QRzTYdEyYHkMKKFCQsxovUBXVJ5soxlqfbKPL0bjVeQk1Xj3mGqtWqjOii6XyfmZ_JCWv41jpwIL2746pqAzbT2a7JDW6IcCShLjtv3zD0G_9zcqNVUXFn6utlDZYgKV4HWULG4ySloYoRzKwL2I2F8klt6NLX4Coi2XraIfMjZoKYRs9cytwZMkXrred8b1mD--4aGCsTS8mWabo-pYB_J79btH5bNsCKXXSVlxxDBdJngojr8KUrC7ua0JFaP2Qc4dYgo0xGoUu88uGEzA1F0j6OIinN633tNarhvwF5pXHbFkE2rGzNA1jsOmxbBCe5AEwmKW2QpNgoOyeS_IcE5U-2xeVkH22nP6LqadJT_YXeMYiebL0v3kejiqQbU_hFsezfxgRBMJ0jSrpjiBPoYfJnC9VVs8a6lkqdmQ8cAvik4PaKi9yY38fm0MhV6PNqqWmgfFZsTF1zeRiSKeQX46F_FLl4rHEqCT5o7QbA7APtGKemMyqcDobCJ8HfbmVeEXvFrDsKq6fi8Gy22E1QiReiKC5Z33zrSmpVlcBJyXx5AaT0L0_xQe9D9BRy1PrirQ=w640-h480-no

Let's summarize last week real quick here: The Carbon R34 was easily the faster of the two cars. Easier to drive as well! The Option Z is my personal favourite between the two because of my history with it, but my one vote isn't enough to sway the overall consensus of last week (speaking of which, not many people even bothered to post).

431830.jpg

The winner Is easily the Amuse Carbon R34!

The winner of last week's time trial was @Vic Reign93 in the Carbon R34, and since @ThrasherDBS was the only person in the Z, he wins that one I guess.

Now, let's get onto next week's duel. Coming to us from the mind of @Nismonath5!

What does he have in store for us this week(end)?

Two racecars from the Volkswagen stable. Not known for excitement traditionally, this week seeks to prove us wrong!

Welcome the...

volkswagen_golf_gti_touring_car__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo-d7xk0ou.jpg

...Volkswagen Golf Touring Car!

and the

3d48b23e541d6167aeb7fa79f9708429-d7i6zdp.jpg

...Volkswagen Scirocco GT24!

These two hot-hatch masters of the Nurburgring will take the fight there this week on the ever-so-popular GP/D layout. This means a shorter course than usual! Let's see how the older Golf gets on against the newest of it's younger in-game siblings.

- The Waflzburg Address -

Just one comment about the state of the thread real quick. It doesn't seem like there's much demand for the Duel of the Week thread anymore. It's true GT6 is almost dead, so maybe that plays a part. The fact is that nobody's really voting for anything anymore. I'm sure the regulars will be quick to defend my comments against this, but I find that duels are going beyond the weekly limit all the time because there aren't any votes up on this page. Maybe it's because I'm too slow at getting time trials up, but I'm mostly on the PS4 now, so going back to an older console just to put an event or two up for only two people is getting tiring. This can be solved by either having someone else do the time trials, or I could stop being lazy. Either way, I just want to know if there's still demand for the thread.

I mean, besides me we got three votes for last week. Two of those were from Wednesday of THIS week. Come on, guys. That's not how the thread is supposed to work.

The only thing keeping me from moving on to Project Cars 2, GT Sport and the like is just this one thread. It's already almost ended once before, and it feels like this thread's been on life support ever since. If only we could get a slice of the COTW community, we'd be golden. I know everyone has lives outside of this thread, but every time I look around in my inbox at the end of the week, I only have one or two posts with actual votes with them. Oh, looks like this car wins because it only has one vote and the other has none.

I'd like nothing more than for this thread to survive forever, but if things are slowing down to almost a crawl and nobody seems to be posting with the passion they used to, I won't keep beating the dead horse if you know what I mean. I'll make the best effort to improve my constancy running this thread, all I ask for in return is a little bit of gusto when getting your votes in on-time.

Even with posts getting likes, the like count seems to be going down quite considerably for other people's write-ups.

As for the future of this thread. Who knows, the bonus stages seems completely dead as of now. GT Sport is only a few weeks off and Project Cars 2 will be a pretty time-consuming game. If you guys want the Bonus Stage to continue, then I need full commitment. Not just from one or two people, but all the regulars. Of course, if not I'll see some of you on GT Sport's thread of the very same name.

So as part of my commitment, Time Trials and new weeks will be posted when they SHOULD be, but this is only going to work if I get a good enough voting pool to justify it.

This isn't meant to be an angry rant directed towards my regulars, it's supposed to be a motivational speech to get things going again. Let's have this thread go out in fireworks, not fade into obscurity. If you're with me, then let's do this.

-MrWaflz55

Last edited:
Let's summarize last week real quick here: The Carbon R34 was easily the faster of the two cars. Easier to drive as well! The Option Z is my personal favourite between the two because of my history with it, but my one vote isn't enough to sway the overall consensus of last week (speaking of which, not many people even bothered to post).

View attachment 671539

The winner Is easily the Amuse Carbon R34!

The winner of last week's time trial was @Vic Reign93 in the Carbon R34, and since @ThrasherDBS was the only person in the Z, he wins that one I guess.

Now, let's get onto next week's duel. Coming to us from the mind of @Nismonath5!

What does he have in store for us this week(end)?

Two racecars from the Volkswagen stable. Not known for excitement traditionally, this week seeks to prove us wrong!

Welcome the...

View attachment 671542

and the

View attachment 671541

...Volkswagen Scirocco GT24!

These two hot-hatch masters of the Nurburgring will take the fight there this week on the ever-so-popular GP/D layout. This means a shorter course than usual! Let's see how the older Golf gets on against the newest of it's younger in-game siblings.

- The Waflzburg Address -

Just one comment about the state of the thread real quick. It doesn't seem like there's much demand for the Duel of the Week thread anymore. It's true GT6 is almost dead, so maybe that plays a part. The fact is that nobody's really voting for anything anymore. I'm sure the regulars will be quick to defend my comments against this, but I find that duels are going beyond the weekly limit all the time because there aren't any votes up on this page. Maybe it's because I'm too slow at getting time trials up, but I'm mostly on the PS4 now, so going back to an older console just to put an event or two up for only two people is getting tiring. This can be solved by either having someone else do the time trials, or I could stop being lazy. Either way, I just want to know if there's still demand for the thread.

I mean, besides me we got three votes for last week. Two of those were from Wednesday of THIS week. Come on, guys. That's not how the thread is supposed to work.

The only thing keeping me from moving on to Project Cars 2, GT Sport and the like is just this one thread. It's already almost ended once before, and it feels like this thread's been on life support ever since. If only we could get a slice of the COTW community, we'd be golden. I know everyone has lives outside of this thread, but every time I look around in my inbox at the end of the week, I only have one or two posts with actual votes with them. Oh, looks like this car wins because it only has one vote and the other has none.

I'd like nothing more than for this thread to survive forever, but if things are slowing down to almost a crawl and nobody seems to be posting with the passion they used to, I won't keep beating the dead horse if you know what I mean. I'll make the best effort to improve my constancy running this thread, all I ask for in return is a little bit of gusto when getting your votes in on-time.

Even with posts getting likes, the like count seems to be going down quite considerably for other people's write-ups.

As for the future of this thread. Who knows, the bonus stages seems completely dead as of now. GT Sport is only a few weeks off and Project Cars 2 will be a pretty time-consuming game. If you guys want the Bonus Stage to continue, then I need full commitment. Not just from one or two people, but all the regulars. Of course, if not I'll see some of you on GT Sport's thread of the very same name.

Let's have this thread go out in fireworks, not fade into obscurity. If you're with me, then let's do this.

-MrWaflz55

Edit: Yes. the time trials are going up right now on the MAIN club, (shocking right?) All I ask is for a sizable showing of votes this week (before Sunday!!!) to show we're still in this! I know this thread can do it.
I feel ya @MrWaflz55, I really do. :(

Car Of The week's also been quieting down as of late, and it's true that it's partly due to the age of the game. We still have a consistent turnout of about 4-6 regulars which keeps the action alive, but we're far from the 11-14 car grids we used to enjoy. I know I haven't been contributing as far as this thread, (although I did send through a bunch of suggestions including what MW picked for this week), but my schedule has been particularly squished lately, with a 24hr endurance race next week (In the real world!!), a trip to Fiji after that and exams after that. :scared:

But I agree, it shouldn't be too hard to pick one car over the other. Therefore, if it's too hard to write up a big, long review like some people do, then simply do the TT's with each car, then tell MrWaflz which one you prefer. There's no prizes for quality of write-up here, so just share your thoughts! Get some discussion going. Push for the top time! (Or just try to get as close to @Vic Reign93 as you can...) :lol:

That said, right off the bat I don't like the GT24 as much, due to understeer issues I haven't been able to find a setup to fix. Will the Golf have a similar problem? I shall find out and let you know! :D

I'd not like to see this die because its only one of two clubs I participate in. I do understand your reasoning. It's pretty much 3 or 4 of us now. When I did the temporary club it was a lot more work than I expected, so thanks for your dedication @MrWaflz55. My late posting/voting this week was for a few reasons, but the main one was that I couldn't make a room. Running offline in arcade mode wasn't as much fun, and of course negated my times.

I like the choices you gave us this week @Nismonath5 👍 I don't think you had the good fortune to be part of COTW when we needed 2 rooms Tuesday nights because we had 20+ folks wanting to race. I think that's some of why we added the Saturday races.

Speaking of rooms, I can't even make one in the open lobby nor my back up DOTW club. Everything else online works OK. Does anyone have any ideas why, or how to fix it?

Speaking of rooms, I can't even make one in the open lobby nor my back up DOTW club. Everything else online works OK. Does anyone have any ideas why, or how to fix it?

I haven't been experiencing this. I was able to connect just fine tonight. Maybe it's something with your netcode or game in particular?

But on a side note, this is my favourite thing about GT6. We've been together for years now. Some of you since GT5! I'm going to miss this thread when it's gone. That's why I'm planning a big freakin' send off to it once the GT6 servers are shut. Of course, that'll only work with participation too. I may actually need your help in planning that, so I'll create a pm group to discuss.

I agree, this has been the main thing keeping GT6 alive for me, and thank you for keeping this alive since Cowboy stepped down. I've already cleaned this game out years ago, yet this offered a lot of replayability for me. I tried offering up the drift trial as an extra thing to entice people to participate to obviously limited success. We're a month away from GT Sport taking over, so is there any chance of us moving to that?

I'd love to help plan a send-off to GT6 as well.

Also, on this week's drift trial, since we have FF cars on the regular trial, this week shall be an open-swim trial! If you've got any nice tune you've been wanting to try out, this is the time to use it!

Last edited:
I'll admit, The reason I haven't been posting writes up here is simple.

Partly down to laziness, but mostly because I don't like doing reviews half assed, Its something of a curse to me.

Heck i'm 3 weeks behind on the COTW write ups and some of you guys can vouch for the fact they can take some time reading in some cases (The Delorean review is a prime example of that. :P).

But I'll be dammed if I just sit by and let this thread stop like that so i'm gonna try and make time for a decent'ish review here more often. ;)

So the VDub Touring cars, one from reality and the other in the world of fantasy.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of the 4th gen Golf GTI, its not terrible as a car, but as a GTI Golf it's a sorta rock bottom deal.

Just comparing it to the first Golf GTI there's only 3PP difference and for just 1,250crs more you can get the much better 5th gen Golf GTI. :ouch:

The Touring Car is also in a tough spot as well, The Honda Civic Type R Touring Car is 46.5k cheaper and is nearly 30pp on the Golf and it's not the only touring car that can beat it.

Clio V6 Trophy '00 115K, 465PP
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 100K, 464PP
Integra Type R TC 117.5K, 477PP
Spoon S2000 Race Car 125K, 483PP
S2000 LM(:eek:!) Race Car 125K, 485PP
Elise Race Car '96 137.5K, 497PP
Silvia spec-R TC 125.5K, 507PP

And here's a wildcard, GT-R Nismo'14 is just over 2K cheaper than the Golf TC and has a PP rating of 574. :drool:

The point is that both of these cars this weeks duel are kinda outclassed either in performance, price or both compared to the listed cars and numerous ones I haven't listed.

Now as spec series cars, they are brilliant as they both can be personalised (the Base Model Scirocco anyway.) and if you want a European FF Touring Car then VW has you covered, but outside of that there is better choices out there for you.

But out of these two, which gets my Vote?

The Golf wins on value and the Scirocco wins on performance, But i'll give my vote to the Scirocco. 👍

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08
2.0L
319 hp / 6,500 rpm
260 ft-lb / 2,500 rpm
1,120 kg (2,469 lbs)
477 pp

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01
1.8L
216 hp / 6,500 rpm
200 ft-lb / 2,800 rpm
980 kg (2,161 lbs)
427 pp

Scirocco has 103 more hp and 60 more ft-lbs of torque, but suffers a 140 kg (308 lb) weight disadvantage against Golf.

134 mph and 122 mph entering Turn 1. Golf was 1 mph slower through the turn, showing 68 mph.

I prefer the character of the Golf, and it's a full second faster than the Golf R32.

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08
2.0L
319 hp / 6,500 rpm
260 ft-lb / 2,500 rpm
1,120 kg (2,469 lbs)
477 pp

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01
1.8L
216 hp / 6,500 rpm
200 ft-lb / 2,800 rpm
980 kg (2,161 lbs)
427 pp

Scirocco has 103 more hp and 60 more ft-lbs of torque, but suffers a 140 kg (308 lb) weight disadvantage against Golf.

134 mph and 122 mph entering Turn 1. Golf was 1 mph slower through the turn, showing 68 mph.

I prefer the character of the Golf, and it's a full second faster than the Golf R32.

Just wanting to clarify if you're voting for the Golf or not.

The Scirrocco is more powerful, but the Golf's way lighter. So depending on the track, you have various pluses and minuses for each car. The Scirrocco also has a funky digital race display, while the Golf is stuck with its regular gauges. The Scirrocco can't be painted (Unless you own a base model, which I don't :P), while the Golf can take on any shade of colour I throw upon it. The Scirrocco sounds more racecar-y, while the Golf sounds like a lazy Honda Integra. That being said, I feel the understeer more in the Scirrocco, so despite all the random comparisons I just waffled on about, my vote this week goes to the Golf :sly:

Since I still can't create a room, I ran once again in arcade mode. These two are so different, even taking into consideration the pp difference. Strangely, the Golf has comfort tires out of the box. Oh well, because PD I guess. Anyway, the Golf is what is to be expected from a FF car. Lots of understeer, and a modest amount of torque steer. It scoots along OK, but I found myself braking earlier than I'd like in order to avoid going off course. It's not all that peppy at only 420-something pp and 220 ish hp. At 980kg ( that means it's pushing 2200lbs for us standard measure folks ) it's one of the lighter cars in the game, but it doesn't act like it. I think my main beef is that you can't upgrade it enough to be competitive in the game.

On the other side is the Scirocco. I love this car. At 477pp it's got enough room to upgrade to the point of being able to win the 550pp Touring Car series. It's fast, doesn't have a lot of torque steer as I remember, good brakes, good aero, and it rotates like crazy. I mean, I can't recall a car that turns as eagerly as this that isn't MR. And it's fast. The COTW gang was running the Miata TC a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to do a comparison against the Scirocco, detuned to match the Miata's pp. At Panorama, it left the start like a bullet and charged up the hill, leaving the Miata's in its dust. @JackRyanWMU chose to run the Lancia Rally car, and the Scirocco kept right up. I ended up in the pits because humble little VW wasn't so humble, and in fact, fast enough for me to feel like I was cheating.

Not hard to tell my vote is for the Scirocco GT24! 5.042 seconds faster than the Golf. Sheesh!

Arcadish times are not a reflection of real life.

upload_2017-9-11_0-0-31.png

Last week featured two pretty fun and pretty blue touring cars from Volkswagen. One was significantly more powerful, but provided much more understeer. The Scirocco is one heavy beast compared to the Golf, but it's just powerful enough to pull off a much more impressive show on the straights. Overall, I found the Golf much more fun to drive, so it gets my vote today. Not because it's faster.

Congratulations to @Vic Reign93 for the best Scirocco time, and @ThrasherDBS for the best Golf TC time.

Let's tally up the votes:

Golf: 3
Scirocco: 2

Surprisingly, I counted one more vote for the Golf this week, so it looks like character beat out performance this time. This is a pretty refreshing result for our thread!

Looks like the unlikely winner is the...

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like my statement from last week has picked up the thread a tad, let's try and keep it like that until at least GT Sport comes out! Now coming with the next duel...

Last edited:
Back