GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello, do you race the cars on free run or? I ask because you say while the servers are still up, but Madrid is not any online race.

We do time trials. Our community has a club on GT6 where you can post times, but that's all.

Uh Waflz, last I checked, the S13 isn't a front-wheel drive car but okay.

So with that in mind, I'll get the trials up. In addition to the normal time trial, I'll have a drift trial for the Silvia up at Eiger Nordwand. And of course the aforementioned Ferrari/Monza thing for Waflz. Plus that Eiger Dirt Trial Battle Royale between any and all Lancer Evolutions and Imprezas. I'm setting all of these to expire on the 10th, so get your times in while you can!

You guys have 4 things to try out. This ought to be exciting. Have fun!

Gonna get my write-up out of the way before I forget about it like I did that one week with the dueling Volkswagens.

The only new car in this duel is the '88 Silvia Q's. We've tested the Fiat Barchetta before, and it was part of a three-way duel back on week 66. It was tacked on to a fight between the MR2 '99 and the NB Roadster. It was slow, it was dumpy, and it didn't factor. Both cars weigh exactly 1090 kilos, but the Silvia has five more PP, five more horsepower, and happens to be a more responsive FR car than the FF Fiat. There was only one way this was going to go, honestly.

Madrid Trial:
Barchetta - 1:54.544
Silvia Q's - 1:53.087

The Barchetta brought with it the usual pitfalls of an FF car, being numb and unresponsive. If it had significantly more horsepower, it would significantly amplify the understeer problems as well. The Silvia on the other hand feels just fine and responsive. I actually enjoyed driving the "one-step-down" model of Silvia. It's not often that I drive 300PP class cars though, so.

Anyways, the Silvia wins it for me.

All four trials are finally up folks! The Madrid trial, the Eiger drift trial, the 600PP Ferrari Time Trial at Monza, and the Evo/Impreza Battle Royal at Eiger are all up for you to take a swing at. All four trials conclude January 10th, 1600 Pacific Standard Time.

How do you enter the race, Im in the club page but can't find were to go.

Do I have to create a room?

How do you enter the race, Im in the club page but can't find were to go.

Do I have to create a room?

Go to "Club Events". As of this posting, there should be 4 events currently open. Find them and you should be able to sign up when you're on the respective event's page.

Alternatively, you can friend me on PSN (same as my username here), and I can send you a direct invite to the events you want to sign up for.

I've signed up already.

I've sent a friend request

I'm in:)

Drove the Fiat first and it was what I expected from a FF car, understeer. But once I drove the Silvia I realised it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Once I got the line around the corners right the car was OK. (for a stock Fiat)

I was a little disappointed with the Silvia thought it was going to smash the Fiat but the fact is it didn't. Being FR I thought it was going to corner better then the Fiat, how ever it's much easier to master

Fiat 1:54.159
Didn't get a chance to finish the trail with the Silvia, kept kicking me offline. Think I was doing mid 1:53s.

I'm going to go the Barchetta just.

FYI a Silvia in Australia is called a 200SX.

Last edited:
So guys, we've got a grand total of 24 hours left on the Lancer Evolution vs Impreza Battle Royale at Eiger, the Ferrari Fanservice GP at Monza, the Silvia Q's drift event at the road variant of Eiger, and the main event between the Barchetta and the Silvia at Madrid. As of now, I'm the only one who has participated in the drift trial and the Evo vs. Impreza battle, don't make me the winner by default!

You guys have until 12:00AM GMT, January 11th to get your times in. Let's get it going!

Admittedly it slipped my mind to do a review on these two cars, but thanks to a fully tuned car cheat sheet on my phone, I CAN give you guys a rough idea of what these two can make. ;)

The Silvia Q makes 253hp and weighs 911kg fully tuned, But the Fiat however can have a turbo bolted to it which takes its max power to 319hp while weighing exactly the same as the Silvia at 911kg. :P

In stock form, the Silvia has the edge on the track and is nearly 10k cheaper at 15.5k, but the odds of it having better fully tuned all round performance than the Fiat are pretty slim.

So if value for money is your game, the Silvia has this one sorted.

But if you plan on going all out with these two, the Fiat will have the power advantage.

My vote goes to the Fiat. 👍

Three for the Fiat.

You would have thought a nice platform like the Silvia could make mince meat out of the upside down bathtub, but no. The Fiat is far far away from a really good FF car (as it is in GT6 anyway) but the Silvia is just not "right". Perhaps on a course that isn't a run around the town it could shine. I did get a faster lap in the Silvia but it was a lot of work. The Fiat was about 7/10ths slower, but I got my fastest time on lap 2 and it wasn't all that hard.

Maybe it's because the Silvia was the 88 model. :dunce: Who knows. I tried to find a funny pic of a Barchetta to spice up my post, but the thing's so darn ugly I had to stop looking and get the eye bleach. I ended up at wiki to find out what they were thinking. Turns out the kindly chap that designed it also designed the wonderful "spread wings" look of the hideous three piece Subaru grille. Ugh. I also discovered that the name Barchetta means "little boat". OK I was wrong, it's not an upside down bathtub. Oy vai.

Onto the Rush vs. Dr. Hook trials. You guys really put in some good laps. I couldn't touch the lap times @Rinsky set.

"Silvia's Mother" 1:52.656
"Red Barchetta" 1:53.132

Verdict: Red Barchetta! 👍

If you're too young to know who Dr. Hook was, google it. You should know who Rush is.

My vote goes to the Silvia Q
Keeping both cars completely stock the Silvia is the better performer and was more fun for me to drive because I'm a big fan of FR cars as they suit my driving Style.
The Fiat was no slouch and was surprisingly a fun car to drive too but because it's a FF I couldn't beat the better lap time I set with the Silvia.

Fiat: 1:52.775
Silvia: 1:51.253

Silvia is the winner for me. 👍
Or the 240sx as its known in the states.

Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
1.8L
132 hp / 6,400 rpm
117 ft-lb / 5,200 rpm
1,090 kg (2,403 lbs)
359 pp

Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00

1.8L
127 hp / 6,500 rpm
121 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,090 kg (2,403 lbs)
354 pp

Silvia has 5 more ponies while Barchetta has 4 more ft-lbs of torque. Both have equal weight and engine displacement. It's a case of FR vs. FF.

On the straight, the Fiat edges out the Nissan by just 1 mph, for a total of 111 mph. Nissan wins mid-corner with a minimum speed 2 mph higher than that of the Fiat, 69 mph vs. 67.

Nissan all the way.

Allow me to throw my hat into the ring. The Fiat was a pretty boring car. The handling was quite bad and the acceleration was pretty dull too. The low weight is the only real saving grace for that car. Unfortunately for the Fiat though, the Nissan has the exact same weight but much better characteristics. Due to the Nissan being a rear-wheel drive car, it's much more fun to throw around the corner. Throttle response was also better than the Fiat, it felt better going in a straight line. Both are standard so no quality advantages either. The winner for this duel in my opinion is the Nissan Silvia. Let's count up the votes now after the rush we had last night.

Nissan: 4
Fiat: 3

So, I think the winner is the...

IMG0064.JPG

...Nissan Silvia Q's S13!

The next duel will take us to the other end of the automotive spectrum!

Week 122: It's Over LMP9000!

After sitting through some boring economy cars, your reward is a week featuring some of the nastiest racing machines on the planet. This week takes us back to the famous endurance race in France. The 24 Hours of Le Mans. The cars featured this week are slightly older than the newer LMP1 cars we have at our disposal. They're also much faster than newer LMP machines with higher PP caps too. Both cars featured this week also have a power-to-weight ratio of exactly 1.5kg per horsepower. Let's see what other characteristics separate these two.

It's the

r8.jpg

Audi R8 Race Car!

against the

04.jpg

Toyota GT-One TS020!

The time trial this week will be at the Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 with chicanes, so watch your braking points coming down the Mulsanne straight! The drift trial this week will also be D1-spec cars at Rome circuit (@ThrasherDBS) So let's get out there. I'll try to get my DS3 charged for this week's events.

Sorry guys. I've been at work all weekend. It's a little tough to do things if I'm out being a productive member of society. Anyway, here's the breakdown of last week's excitement.

Week #121 Results

Time Trial at Madrid

Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00
1st. @Rinsky - 1:52.775
2nd. @Draggon - 1:53.132
3rd. @chillmazta - 1:53.905
4th. @bjl23 - 1:54.159
5th. Me - 1:54.544

Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) '88
1st. @Rinsky - 1:51.253
2nd. @chillmazta - 1:52.351
3rd. @Draggon - 1:52.656
4th. Me - 1:53.087

Drift Trial at Eiger

....no takers, only me

Evo Vs. WRX Battle Royale

Again... only me. I hate winning by default.

Ferrari Monza @MrWaflz55 Fangasm GT
1st. @chillmazta - 1:44.068 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
2nd. @Draggon - 1:45.009 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
3rd. Me - 1:47.491 - Ferrari GTO '84

So looks like Rinsky was our Vic Reign for the week putting in a good showing for all the events he showed up to, and chillmazta being not far behind. I'm a little gutted that the drift trial and the rally trial brought in a big crowd of one.

But anyway, congrats to everyone, and especially to our newcomer @bjl23

As for this week, well you heard our fearless leader, LeMans racers dueling at Circuit de la Sarthe 2009, and a D1 dorifuto trial at Roma Reverse.

Have at it! Both trials wrap up January 25th at midnight (GMT).

I'm definitely no Vic because that man is silly fast on GT6. Sorry I don't do the drifting events I'm just not even close to being competitive on them.

Would like to take part in this again. Would you mind linking to the club event any time you create an event in this topic, please? That way I can go straight through to enter it using my computer and it will show up in Community > My Page > Events in-game. Navigating around the Community system with DS3 is a drag. And we don't like drag in motorsports!

Fiat Barchetta is one of my favourite tuned low-PP cars on Comfort Soft tyres in all of Gran Turismo. Premium version of the Silvia is also an excellent choice around 400pp.

Here's the time trial, and here's the drift trial.

Probably good a time as any to do my write up.

The Audi R8 marked the first of a long decade of domination at LeMans. From a straight gas-engined racer, to the diesel powered R10 and R15, to eventually being a hybrid diesel-electric vehicle in the R18, this was the beginning of quite the dynasty for the brand.

The first ever Japanese car to win the 24 hours of LeMans was the Mazda 787B in 1991, and to this day remains the only Japanese car to do so. The TS020 from 1998 and 1999 certainly had the performance to be contenders, but luck wasn't on their side, with two cars getting taken out during both years and a lone finisher taking 9th in 1998 and 2nd in 1999. It was about twelve years before the successor made its debut at Circuit de la Sarthe again. It never had a chance to take on the Audi, but what would happen if it they did face off?

Well, one started a dynasty of LeMans winners, and the other one fizzled out after two years. What do you think?

LeMans 2009 Trial:
R8 - 3:29.988
TS020 - 3:34.551

In this duel, it all came down to numbers. Sure the Toyota felt a lot more stable than the Audi, but that doesn't really make up for the amount of ground the Audi could make up on that long Mulsanne straight, even with the chicanes slowing them down.

The Audi is faster, so it gets my vote.

I'll see if I can get some times in tomorrow, but my PSN hasn't been connecting for the past little while. Seems lots of other people are having this issue too.

My times on already locked in, but I’ll hopefully have to put a drift score in too. 👍

So the LMP racers, one from Germany and one from Japan, one had a road going version and the other had its name go on a road going car. :P

One set the tone for future heartbreak, the other set the tone for future dominance, they are of course the Toyota GT-One racer and the open top Audi R8 LM race car. :)

Both pack twin turbo V8’s, but don’t believe the dealership quotes of 600hp, the GT-One is making 802hp after an oil change and the Audi R8 is at 822hp after an oil change. :eek:

In stock form, the R8 has the edge in power and because they both weigh 900kgs, power to weight, but the scales go the other way when tuned as it can ‘only’ make 1020hp fully tuned compared to the GT-One’s 1118hp. :drool:

No surprise the GT-One was one of the fastest non RBX cars on GT5 with 300mph attainable with a good tune.:bowdown:

At Le Mans, it’s no surprise the more modern of the two was faster, but both were tricky to drive at low speeds due to the extra power they have.

So looking at them from a performance standpoint, The Audi gets the win, But there’s 2 things the Audi will never beat the GT-One on...

Nostalgia and well... this. :lol:

Back