GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BBut there’s 2 things the Audi will never beat the GT-One on...

Nostalgia and well... this. :lol:

Well, that for sure brings back some great memories! I could only imagine the hissy fits the folks on GT Sport would have if there was a glitch like that in the game :lol:

Maybe Elon Musk should study this, perhaps he could get us to Mars in 15 minutes.

I'm going for the GT-ONE, love that car.
It was the only car I could beat the Formula Gran Turismo cars in GT5.

Sorry didn't get a chance to race the TT's.

I had trouble getting control of both cars in stock condition as their power is insane. I've always struggled with cars like this in GT because they are just to powerful and Twitchy for me to be smooth as a pad user.

With that being said I was able to drive the R8 better and faster than the Toyota. So the R8 gets my vote.

Alright, I think since it's been two weeks and it's Monday, it's time for a new duel. Last week featured two LMP900 machines from the turn of the century at Le Mans. The R8 Race Car and Toyota TS020 were both around the same spec due to running in the same class. They both had the exact same power to weight ratio of 1.5. However, the stock gearing on the Toyota was inferior to the Audi's default gearing, so the R8 was clocking much higher speeds on the Mulsanne straight, where a lot of time is gained or lost depending on your car's setup. Overall I'll vote for the Audi because of the better speed and better exhaust note. Also being open-top gets points in my book.

Let's tally up the votes:

Audi: 4
Toyota: 1 (rip)

The winner of last week's duel is the...

38_LMP1_Audi3.jpg

...Audi R8 Race Car!

@ThrasherDBS Should be one the scene soon with the scoreboard from the recent trials, and I'll get to work writing the initial post for this week's duel...

The Toyota couldn't shake their legendary luck at Le Mans this time, maybe one day...​

Week 123: Everyday Sports

This week features two somewhat different cars on the lower end of the PP spectrum. We're running under 450pp cars this week. These two cars may have similar performance but are pretty different in execution. One of them is a souped-up rally hatch and the other is a facelifted Lotus Elise with a leafblower. Let's see how differences in drivetrain and layout can affect performance around the track.

This week features the...

lancia-delta-integrale-01.jpg

...Lancia Delta Integrale...

...and the...

Vauxhall-VX220_Turbo_mp88_pic_1371.jpg

...Vauxhall VX220 Turbo!

To compare the two, we're going to take them to Suzuka's East layout, the small one used for lower-spec rides. This week can also use Suzuka East for a potential drift trial. So let's see if the hatchback is mightier than the coupe this week!

Have I missed something? For once I have time to do the TT's, and I can't find the club. I can find Theater's drift club but not the main time trial one.

Where did this group come from? All of a sudden I get this notification in my alerts. What's my job here again?

OH RIGHT!

Week #122 Results

Time Trial at Circuit de la Sarthe '09

Audi R8 Race Car '01
1st. @Vic Reign93 - 3:20.077
2nd. @Rinsky - 3:32.926
3rd. Me - 3:29.988

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99
1st. @Vic Reign93 - 3:24.746
2nd. Me - 3:34.551
3rd. @Rinsky - 3:36.347

D1 Drift Trial at Rome Reverse

1st. @Vic Reign93 - 19,467 - BLITZ DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07

2nd. Me - 10,795 - HKS CT230R '08

Vic taking a clean sweep of everything per usual. Congrats to him.

So what does this week lead us? Well, off we go to Suzuka East for some time trialing, and because I don't like holding the drift trial at the same place as the time trial, our drifting adventures take us to the inside variant of the Cape Ring.

Let's see some good turnouts and some good drifts! These expire February 15th at midnight GMT, so don't leave these trials lonely this Valentine's Day!

If my hand is getting forced now, I'm voting VX220 because it really is faster than the Delta. I'm not a fan of double-posting which is why I didn't do a write-up when I did the trials. I want to say more for this, but my hands are tied at the moment.

Wow, nothing since the 12th. Let's give the thread another kickstart before the doomsday.

GT Sport duel of the week.png

I hung onto this banner, and yes, I am preparing for GT Sport duel of the week. That wasn't vapourware. We're going to have a lot of content coming our way over the course of the year, and I already have a bunch of matchups in mind. You'll see it probably a few weeks after the end of online service for GT6. Time to get back to relevancy!

Anyways, from what I gathered in week 123, it was unanimous for the VX220. That little speedster (haha) is a much more nimble and fun car to drive than the Delta, it may have more history, but it's outclassed by the Lotus on the track. History means nothing when you're getting your butt whooped around the track.

The winner of last week is the...

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo!

vx220_turbo_01b.jpg

Let's get started on 124 then!​

Week 124: That One DLC Car From GT5...

Who's ready to GT3? I sure am! Since we're about to head into a game filled with GT3, let's stretch our legs a bit before we end off with a bunch of classic duels. This week features the SLS AMG as our test subject, but the SLS has two racing versions, one you may not know about right off the bat...

...Back in GT5, there were stealth model versions of certain cars only available through the signature edition of GT5, similar to the pre-order 15th anniversary cars I'm sure you're all familiar with. Out of these stealth models, two cars in particular were picked to receive race-converting tunes. These two cars in question are the F1 Stealth Model and SLS AMG Stealth Model. Sure, they may look like a street car, but these are fully stable track-capable machines in reality. The SLS made a good stand-in for race car events in GT6, but let's see how well it does against an actual race car.

This week we have the...

Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-28698.jpg

...SLS AMG GT3!...

and the

gt5sea.jpg

...SLS AMG Stealth Model!

I'll let @ThrasherDBS make the trial's location this week a surprise. Let's see how well these two versions of the same car go against each other. I'm personally placing my bets on the underdog stealth version, it's a less proven race car but I'm sure it can handle itself. Let's see if my theory holds any water in the time trials!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe we've been dormant for that long. I wanted to go in-depth on the cars, but jesus, pretty much an entire month made me forget a lot of the things I was going to say. But I guess the biggest point on that was that the homologation history with the Delta didn't make up for what a stiff it was. Meanwhile with the VX220, I was driving that and thinking "HOW ON EARTH DID I GO THIS LONG IN GRAN TURISMO WITHOUT REALIZING HOW FUN THIS DRIVES?!" It was amazing! Super fun to throw around, and I'm glad it took the crown.

Oh and, I always consider Suzuka East one of the most boring tracks to hold trials on, especially when you're trying to get a handle on how a car... well... handles. I feel like this duel was clear cut enough that it was obvious which one was dominant, but maybe a more varied track will be better.

That said, time to clean up our last duel.

Week #123 Results
Suzuka East Time Trial:

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
1st. @Rinsky - 1:04.593
2nd. Moi - 1:05.157

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00
1st. Moi - 0:59.461
2nd. @Rinsky - 0:59.910

Cape Ring Inside Drift Trial:

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
1st. @Nismonath5 - 6,207
2nd. Moi - 5,573

Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00
1st. Moi - 9,158
2nd. @Nismonath5 - 8,131

Whoa... this time it really was a "duel" in both events, it was pretty much me versus one of our TT all-stars and one of our Dorifuto all-stars. I guess the VX220 and I really resonate with one another, seeing as how I took the gold in both VX220 runnings. That's a pretty awesome gem in the rough.

Big shoutout to Nismonath and Rinsky for keeping me and my times/scores company this past Valentine's Day and for their respective wins in the Delta too!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SLS versus SLS match this week, huh? Well, given that I get to go free-reign with the track choices, I say that holding a Time Trial on the Nurburgring would be so old hat, so we're going into "enemy territory" shall we say. This week, the hills are alive with the sound of VRRRRRRRRRMMMM VRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM EEEERRRRRRRRRTTTTT!!! We're going to the Red Bull Ring for this week's racing trial, and the drift trial shall be at the Silverstone International Circuit (one of the smaller layouts, not the full GP circuit).

Work fast! These trials expire March 8th at midnight GMT. Hope to see you guys there! @Vic Reign93 @Rinsky @Nismonath5 @Draggon @MrWaflz55

If you want a small Silverstone layout and we're exploring lesser used parts of GT6, how about the Stowe driving school ring inside of Silverstone?

Wow, so I was thinking there would be no replacement for the actual racecar, but I gotta say, the SLS Stealth Model surprised me. The GT3 variant is my favorite GT3 car in this game, and it's very straight and firm, whereas the Stealth model is essentially a more carefree car. Which one was better?

Red Bull Ring Trial:
SLS GT3 - 1:33.510
SLS Stealth - 1:33.271

I thought the GT3 car was going to be faster, but the Stealth model actually wound up giving more learning potential and I wound up going faster with that car.

As if the reversal thing wasn't enough, the GT3 car was apparently a better drifter too. It's a topsy turvy world, innit?

SLS Stealth wins.

Let's see some times and drift scores, guys!

That event didn't interest me, to be honest. It fell down my priority list and didn't happen in the end.

How about a rally event next? You can drift off-road, too. As this is a solo run format, the kick-up is not a problem.

That event didn't interest me, to be honest. It fell down my priority list and didn't happen in the end.

How about a rally event next? You can drift off-road, too. As this is a solo run format, the kick-up is not a problem.

The event itself is actually closed now, I was more wondering which car you guys would rather vote for at the end of the week. Which version of the same car do you prefer?

Due to the TT's being closed I made my own TT using the current expert seasonal race.

RLUES:
TC 1, ASM OFF, SRF ON, ACTIVE STEERING MILD. (my standard settings)

Both cars stock settings - except the pp.

1 Race each

IMAG0201.jpg

GT3.

600pp - de tuned.
526hp.
1350kg.

STEALTH

591pp - oil change
628hp
1465kg

RACE RESULTS

GT3 - P5, F/L 1:32.097

STEALTH - P3, F/L 1:32.227

COMMENTS

The GT3 had bad under steer problems - had to go easy on the entry of corners.

The stealth had braking problems - had to brake a lot earlier.

AND THE WINNER IS:

STEALTH

Last edited:
It’s a toss up really, But I’m gonna give my vote to the Stealth model. :)

More powerful, cheaper by nearly 200k and I remember it being less understeery in stock form than the GT3.

And using @ThrasherDBS as the example, there’s not much difference in the times either.

SLS Stealth gets the vote. 👍

I had read elsewhere on the forum that the stealth model was a weapon. I bought one and was sorta disappointed. I found a couple tunes over at GT World and plugged them in. I was still disappointed. There was something about the Stealth's handling I couldn't get a grip on.

And for the GT3, that was my go-to car for quite a few of the higher ranked races early on in the game. As time progressed, I didn't like it as much. It seems to me to have too much rear grip, or pushes to much, or perhaps a bit of both. As @Vic Reign93 said, understeer. The GT3 has a lot.

All that being said, I cast my vote for the GT3. I can tune out the understeer. 👍

I just don't spend much time in these types of cars and still don't over on GTS so I can't really give you a strong opinion on what one is better but if I had to choose one it would be the stealth model. Why? Because I'm a carbon fiber nut. I buy everything in real life for my Ducati's and my last performance car in carbon fiber. I simply think it's one of the best looking light weight racing materials you can buy. The Stealth Model is full carbon fiber and I would buy it every time over the other one. Might not be the answer you were looking for but it gets my vote.

Would you guys like to keep this going after the servers go down, because I was thinking we could do something like I did in my GT3 vs STEALTH review?

Last edited:
Back