Wales
Dolgellau
rhyfelwr79
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
PTRA Presents
9573633022_6713ddfb9f_o.png

Welcome to the 4th PTRA Formula Gran Turismo Championship

New driver interested in joining?

Our race room opens at 1930 on Sunday evening for free practice. Qualifying takes place at 2000 and the race will start straight after. If you miss quali you miss the race. Main races last roughly 1 hour.

Still interested? Please post to let us know.

1st 30pts. 2nd 22pts.3rd 17pts. 4th 12pts. 5th 10pts. 6th 8pts. 7th 7pts. 8th 6pts, 9th 5pts. 10th 4pts. 11th 3pts, 12th 2 pts, 13th 1 pt, 14th 0pts

Constructor teams receive the sum of the both drivers points.

After every race the drivers and constructors championship tables will be updated and posted here.

Prizes
1st. Choose extra track for next championship and ditch an old one plus a car from new dealership worth up to MAX ALLOWED. The knowledge that you are the best!!!
2nd Any car up to TBA from new car dealership
3rd Any car up to TBA from new car dealership

aiyu.jpg]

11916044544_ab76a87f2d_o.png

11916477936_de4fde2295_o.png

RULES AND SETTINGS

Settings FGTC
Max hp- 936 bhp
Weight-550 KG
Penalties - OFF
Grid order- Fastest first
Boost - OFF
Finish Delay- Max allowed
Grip reduction - REAL
Mechanical Damage - OFF
Tyre Fuel depletion - ON
Tyres- 2 Compounds must be used during a dry race.
Active Steering- YES
ASM- NO
TCS- MAX 1
ABS- ON
Driving Line- YES
SRF- YES
Slipstream- Light

Rules and penalties (read GTP online racing rules for a general idea)
1. All drivers must use the same coloured car for the entire season
2. Read and follow GTP racing rules.
3. 2 tyre compounds must be used a dry race (failure will result in disqualification)
4. All efforts must be made to avoid contact
5. Blocking is illegal in the FGTC.
6. The lead driver has the right to choose his line into a corner
7. The lead driver has the right to choose his braking zone but not to brakecheck
8. The lead driver must keep a steady bearing while being overtaken by a faster car
9. Chasing drivers may attempt to outbrake lead cars but must avoid contact
10. If you cause someone to leave the track you can reduce possible penalties by waiting for them to rejoin in front of you.
11. Lapped cars may not attempt re-overtake +1 lap cars until the lap after the current lap is over, all lapped cars must yield as soon as possible in a safe way. Pull off the racing line and apply the brakes momentarily.
12. After a pit stop you must stay within the white pit lines if there is traffic near you and re join the race in a safe manner
13. After an off you must not re-join the track until it is clear and safe to do so
14. Bump drafting is illegal in the FGTC
15. During the race all mic's must be off and no messages allowed in any circumstances.
16. If you miss qualifying you can still start from the back with host's permission.
17. Do not give up, if you leave the race for any reason except disconnection you will be penalised. (it is easy to tell who has been disconnected).
18. You can be penalised for publicly disputing penalties/incidents this includes posting videos of the event (only the perpetrator can instigate a public discussion or ask for video evidence and this will be considered an appeal), they are to be dicussed in private with the race manager. If you dispute a penalty and it is upheld a further penalty WILL be issued so think carefully and check the replay before you appeal. Also you have 24 hours after the stewards report is published to lodge your appeal, if you appeal outside this timeframe it will not be considered.

Current rankings graphic

t2h4.jpg

FGTC History

11916684096_7b06842156_o.png

Last edited:
05: Rules Governing Car Contact:

A:
Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

B:
Pushing other cars in turns or pushing them off the track is strictly prohibited.

C:
Leaning on other cars is strictly prohibited in any situation.

06: Running into the car ahead of you:

A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

B:
In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, but can prevent an accident by steering into the dirt, grass or a wall, you are expected to do so.

C:
The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later.

07: Contact Concessions:

A:
If there's contact between drivers that results in the guilty driver making up places on the innocent driver, the guilty driver should immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish their position. This rule should be observed, even if it means the guilty driver has to allow drivers not involved in the incident to pass while waiting for the driver they contacted.

B:
If the appropriate contact concession is carried out by the guilty driver then they may avoid or reduce the severity of any penalties that might otherwise apply.

C:
If the appropriate contact concession is not carried out by the guilty party then the usual penalties would apply.

D:
If you have to slow down to let the other player through, move out of the racing line first before you slow down. Coming to a full stop is not allowed, just continue at a lower pace until the other driver passes you again.

08: Corner Rights:

A:
When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must refrain from endangering him by his actions.

B:
You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner's turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver's position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

C:
If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must also leave sufficient side room for the behind driver. This means that each driver has a right to their respective "line", or side of the track, right up to the exit point. Neither driver should squeeze the other toward the inside or outside of the corner during the apex or exit.

D:
If an ahead driver has clearly made an error to warrant a passing move, a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. However, the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn't give you an automatic right to pass. You still have to judge if their error allows for a safe pass to take place.

E:
Drivers who are using PS3 controllers MUST make additional effort in driving due to the fact they can't use side-view, and their perception of the other cars is thereby limited - extreme caution while maneuvering is required. If you are using a controller, you are required to set buttons up for side views as "I didn't see you." is not an excuse if you collide with another driver when racing.

09: Standing Start Guidelines:

A:
Additional caution and care must be taken when beginning a race with a standing start. All of the above rules in regard to contact apply during the start and first corner of the race.

B:
Be Patient. Begin the race at a normal pace that will not cause you to run into cars in front of you. Don't begin by steering to one side and attempting to barge through the pack. Conversely, don't begin at a slow pace that will make you an obstruction or barrier to cars behind you.

C:
Your goal on turn 1 should not be to get to the front, but rather to convert a double wide start field to a single file running order. Look ahead more than one car. Due to field compression, a compact field will run slower through the first few turns than a spread out one. Leave some extra space, but not too much. Drivers behind you won't be expecting sudden braking.

D:
When approaching the first corner, keep in mind that on a public server, there will be times that you are punted off, especially when racing unknown or untrustworthy drivers. In a crowded field, pinball is quite possible. A racer who runs into you may have been punted. Don't automatically assume malicious intent.

E:
All of the rules in regard to contact concession apply if you knock a racer off track during the start of the race. If you cause a wreck, you are required to wait for all players who go off track as a result, regardless of whether you contacted them directly or not. If you are involved in a wreck which you did not cause, you are not required to wait

10: Defensive Driving:

A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice However, they're not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you're responsible.

B:
Leading cars have the right to take their line of choice through corners. I.e. they may drive a defensive line around the inside of a corner to protect their position, thereby forcing an attacking driver to try to pass around the outside. This is not blocking and is part of normal racing etiquette. In fact, apart from the restrictions of rule 10:A, a leading driver can drive any line which they feel is the most inconvenient for any following car to try to pass them.

C:
Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. Slow down on the straights on either side of the track or maintain the outside line during cornering. If for whatever reason you happen to be on the inside line when being overtaken, stay on the inside line until all drivers that were about to lap you have passed. You are not allowed to deliberately block the lapping cars.

11: Group Battle:

A:
When approaching a battle with 2 or more cars, be extra careful since those cars can change driving lines quickly when trying to defend/overtake. The cars in front will already be driving close, so finding a good overtaking spot is much harder. The same rules apply as when overtaking a single car.

B:
If you cause a crash in a group battle wait for all the effected drivers who were in front or/and driving next to you and let them get past. This doesn't include affected drivers who were driving behind you.

C:
When a crash occurs in a group battle, it's vital to minimize risks for additional crashes. Slow down if needed, and try to drive on the clear side of the track. Overtaking is still allowed, but only under 1 or more of these conditions:

• The risk of hitting other cars is minimal.
  • You overtake to avoid crashing into cars in front of you.
  • Slowing down would make you a mobile obstruction for other cars.

D:
When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so.

12: Initial Fault:

A:
If you make a significant driving error and another driver or drivers attempts to capitalize on it, they have the right to do so. Do not try to collide or retaliate because of your error.

For Example: If you go wide at a corner and a close behind car tries to take advantage of this by moving up the inside, you should leave room for them, whether or not they had overlap going into the corner. They must also leave you room. This rule doesn't apply to small errors that don't affect the speed, direction and outcome. This is a bit of a grey area and requires good judgment on both parts.

B:
You can always protest after the race if you think you've been wronged by notifying the Race Steward via Private Message ONLY. Do not flood the forum with he said, she said business.

13: Ghost Cars:

A:
A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.

B:
If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state.

C:
If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, do your best to avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while you car slows due to the penalty.

D:
If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.

14: Recovering from an incident:

A:
It is the responsibility of the driver recovering from any incident to take all necessary care to not interfere with any cars still on the track and not part of the incident. A relevant incident may include, but not limited to -

• Being spun out
  • Facing the wrong way,
  • Perpendicular to the track
  • Going abnormally slow for where you are on the track.
  • Getting penalized for any amount of time by the penalty system

If you are off the track then the rules on "Re-entering to the track after running off" apply.

B:
In the event that your car turns to a 'ghost car' you assume the responsibility of avoiding hazards at all costs, refer
to 13-B.

15: Re-entering to the track after running off:

A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

B:
An off track incident includes:

• Being stuck or pinned to a wall or railing.
  • More than two tires leaving the track at any one time
  • Any situation where the car may lose control and create cross traffic

C:
Do not reverse back onto the track unless it is necessary. If you are backing up away from a wall first look around you to avoid a collision and as the collision would be your fault.

D:
Re-enter the track parallel to the road, slowly and gently, and always with great care. This gives you the best opportunity to see what's coming up the track behind you, and it also gives drivers coming up on you the best chance to orientate themselves to your situation.

Last edited:
Yeah, no problem, I'll move it. Supposed to post in the Interest Checks & Competition Discussions sub.

Lotus, Force India, Red Bull, and Brett I think we should do a night race or a sunset to night race like like Singapore and Abu Dhabi :D

The Teams are not final, we have taken a look at them and are coming up with a final list (i have to do the graphics ect), it should all be ready sometime tomorrow, but atm it looks like it will be...

McLaren - Chrome /Red FGT
Mercedes - Silver/Black FGT
Ferrari - Red FGT
Force India - White/Green FGT
Williams BMW - White/Blue FGT
Caterham - Dark Green FGT
Red Bull - Full blue/purple FGT

Last edited:
People should probably refrain from buying FGTs yet until the teams have been confirmed and you know which one you will be driving.

It will save wasting 2 000 000 credits on a force india to then find out your in ferrari :lol:

I'd prefer: Force India, Mercedes, Jordan Honda.

I will also add that there is a green/white FGT for the Force India that looks much better than the orange.

Agreed the green/white would look better for Force India. People have FGT's already but although we can meet and race before then the championship will not be starting until the new year.

People have FGT's already but although we can meet and race before then the championship will not be starting until the new year.

New year sounds like a good place to start the season, it gives me some time to get the FGT.

What's the easiest way to get it? Save up? Or win it from a race?

Indy- Yes we should, is there a fully lit track that would be good at night?
Etid- Speak to Pagey/Sandman. Did you get any free credits with your pre order?

I'm getting the game for Xmas so won't may miss the first few races while I save up!

You will make it mate, just farm good races and save up like mad.
Can we gift or swap cars? Or is there still a limit?

Yeah will do, I wonder if you'll be able to dupe cars.

Copy the data on USB then buy the car, send to another account, load the old data and send back (if there's not a limit).

Sounds good Brett, has your game come yet?

It's a Sunday so it may come for you tomorrow morning!

What's the easiest way to get it? Save up? Or win it from a race?

I'm not sure you can win it, at least I haven't heard anything. And it doesn't take tooo long to save up credits, I'm up to about 800,000 I think. Although I still haven't bought a car :lol:

Just found this

Last edited:
I should have it in tomorrows post, its not easy while everyone else plays.
Pagey that video is a bit confusing but if it works its cool. Im gonna need to get my licenses and FGT ASAP!

There's a couple of tracks I forgot to mention in the other thread, Twin Ring Motegi (if we can fit it in) would be a good addition. I took an FGT around there in GT5 and it was good fun.

Plus Ascari, I'm undecided on this one. I would have to try it in an FGT to see if it works.

I think Ascari is a great track! Such a variation in corners! Plus the weather abilities it had adds an extra dimension to it!

Guys today I've bought the White/Green/Red "force India" colored FGT in GT6. I drove it offline in TT mode at Suzuka with no aids to try it out. The handling was very predictable with none of the driver aids (no TCS, ABS, SRF, AS, etc).

Online I dont know yet, later I'm going to give it a whirl online in lobby to see. Oh and car's chassis deteriorates faster now so keep that in mind when putting miles on your cars!!

Pagey- Twin Ring must go on, I am only now loading the game for the first time. We have lots of time to test so lets try Ascari soon :)

Flood- Excellent news

Rich- Thanks for the info!

Question- What do people think to having 3 man teams? Limit the lobby to 12 or 15 so 4 or 5 teams. Maybe we could have 2 experienced racers with a noob. Thoughts?

All new and improved graphics up soon on OP, inc. updated calendar.

I don't mind about teams of 3 as long as we have 15 racers on the grid so 5 teams of 3, but it's your call Brett!

The more the merrier, I wonder if they have sorted lag troubles at all.
Ill gather more answers then we will decide.

Back