GT6 Framerate depends on which console you have.

• Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 263 comments
We have a early slim late slim and the latest super slim in our home and GT6 plays the same on all of them.

That has not been proven one way or the other. Your post, however, is pointless, as well as mis-spelled.

Ask Sony . It's common sense a ps3 is a ps3 nothing accept for power consumption has changed. Its a electronic revision , the architecture is exactly the same , boards may change shape size etc but they all follow the rules set out by the design .... The physical properties can change billions of times but the core of the design as in CPU/memory and the way they work together is exactly the same.... Hd can change and case can but that's it .... Fact

And stop being so perdantic about my spelling I suffer from dyslexia and changing the subject to point out my bad spelling ?.... Shame on you vagabond and shame on your mod status.

I try very hard to make sure my posts have no mistakes but due to the dyslexia I cannot see the mistakes ..

If I had cerebral palsy and walked funny would you point it out and belittle me in front of everyone again? I doubt it .... Easy targets and all

Last edited:
That would not be proof of anything either. Manufacturers often make claims about their products that cannot be substantiated in reality. The only way to be sure would be to perform a standardized test on all PS3 models fresh out of the box, employing some method for measuring the framerate during identical tests of GT6 gameplay.

One thing is for sure though - the OP attempts to be helpful and courteous. You might want to try that.

And stop being so pedantic about my spelling I suffer from dyslexia and changing the subject to point out my bad spelling ?.... Shame on you vagabond and shame on your mod status.

I try very hard to make sure my posts have no mistakes but due to the dyslexia I cannot see the mistakes ..

If I had cerebral palsy and walked funny would you point it out and belittle me in front of everyone again? I doubt it .... Easy targets and all
My apologies... without my glasses on, I failed to notice your dyslexia badge. :sly:

Reminding anyone of the AUP we all agreed to when signing up here is not belittlement, nor is it personal. Browsers and mobile devices have built in spell checkers and auto-correct these days - not too hard to implement if you have difficulty with spelling.

And retro-active editing to try and call me out is bad form. You have a problem with me personally or the way I'm dealing with things, feel free to PM me or take it up with an admin. Post editing and deleted posts are all visible to the rest of the staff. 👍

It really makes difference what console you have, I was running 3rd gen fatty and having constant problems with it, now "upgraded" it to cech25 series 320gb slim and it's running way much smoother, no sound clicks on Bathurst and even slightly different ffb, sharper on curbs, smoother on steering.
G27 as on wheel.

Bathurst tearing on skyline/dipper is way much better 1080p, almost smooth as 720p was on fatty, 720p now on slim is totally smooth as silk.

It really makes difference what console you have, I was running 3rd gen fatty and having constant problems with it, now "upgraded" it to cech25 series 320gb slim and it's running way much smoother, no sound clicks on Bathurst and even slightly different ffb, sharper on curbs, smoother on steering.
G27 as on wheel.

Bathurst tearing on skyline/dipper is way much better 1080p, almost smooth as 720p was on fatty, 720p now on slim is totally smooth as silk.
Because it has nothing to do with the age and condition of the console, right?
My launch model was silk til the day it died.

Because it has nothing to do with the age and condition of the console, right?
At this point, yes.
Fatty was used only on gt5, this slim is 3 year old bought as used second hand deal, condition should be worse than fatty.

Difference is so huge between these two at had to give props to OP for finding out something really useful.

Even calibration of G27 is different on slim.

The game runs fine for me on a fat 80gb. I am very curious about the differences in FFB as a wheel owner. Could someone please go in to more detail ? I can not fathom how the FFB could be any different across these different versions as they all should use the same communication protocol no matter the model.

The game runs fine for me on a fat 80gb. I am very curious about the differences in FFB as a wheel owner. Could someone please go in to more detail ? I can not fathom how the FFB could be any different across these different versions as they all should use the same communication protocol no matter the model.
It runs badly @1080p on ps3 slim 120gb but perfect at 720p

All variants of the console are the same when it comes to how the game and peripherals run.

Has anyone else noticed that over time as game data installs the frame rate drops improve? My game data is at 10 GB now and I can tell there is a significant difference now compared to what it was.

Now that we have multi-monitor support, wouldn't that be the best way to test it? Run one old console linked up with a new one.

I dont have any problems with 120gb slim. Playing gt6 with no errors. Very smooth, not a single freezing. But i dont play hd. I play standard wich is enough for me

My install size is around 10 gb as well. The game does run better than it used to. Even Brands Hatch is acceptable and not near as jerky as it was on day one. Patches could have helped too.

It also has to do with the tv.

I recently moved with a friend and I plugged in my PS3 to his TV. Back at home I had a SONY HD tv which I thought it was okay enough to enjoy my games how they are supposed to be enjoyed. How wrong I was...

With my friend's tv, almost every game I play now runs at a smooth 60fps, and even the games with the worst framerate (Skyrim) now run sometimes at 60fps momentarily under certain conditions.

As for GT6, whether it was my tv or my friend's tv, it has always run at 60fps. The only difference is that replays run mostly at 60fps, where in my tv they ran at around 30. Sometimes this is good, but in some other games, the smoother framerate kind of makes everything look really stale, especially when watching movies.

That has not been proven one way or the other. Your post, however, is pointless, as well as mis-spelled.

It does not need to be. The default hypothesis is that they are all identical performance wise. The burden of proof is on those trying to argue that some models of PS3 are more capable than others.

No... I really have to hold back the attacks when I read posts like yours, it blows my mind how people can make such comments when they must know they don't really understand what they are talking about on a technical level. Think about it this way, could your TV effect something happening at a TV station? Say you changed the gamma setting on your TV, would it effect the outcome of the plot of a movie you were watching? That sounds completely idiotic right? Well that is how many 'theories' posted here sound to me. Your TV brand, size, make or model has nothing to do with the framerate of the game. Maybe it can effect your perception of it, but as for what the PS3 is doing nothing changes.

I recently moved with a friend and I plugged in my PS3 to his TV. Back at home I had a SONY HD tv which I thought it was okay enough to enjoy my games how they are supposed to be enjoyed. How wrong I was...

With my friend's tv, almost every game I play now runs at a smooth 60fps, and even the games with the worst framerate (Skyrim) now run sometimes at 60fps momentarily under certain conditions.

As for GT6, whether it was my tv or my friend's tv, it has always run at 60fps. The only difference is that replays run mostly at 60fps, where in my tv they ran at around 30. Sometimes this is good, but in some other games, the smoother framerate kind of makes everything look really stale, especially when watching movies.

This is a feature that exists in most TVs with different naming choices , in Sony Bravia it's called MotionFlow .

AFAIK , it basically duplicates every frame , and blends them together to remove stutter in motion , mainly for movie viewing . Using a high value setting gives movies the "Soap opera" effect which might ruin the experience for some.

In gaming , it introduces additional input lag , so I never used it when playing GT5 in actual gameplay , because it wasn't needed , but I used to activate it during replays which enhanced them a lot , and made them almost as good as GT3-4 , or TOCA replays . The only downside is that it makes framerate drops more pronounced , and maybe a few artifacts in the picture .

Mine is a CECHAxx (Yes, the 60GB museum piece with PS2 hardware emulation)

CameraZOOM-20131207230212303_zpse0ed5a16.jpg

So far GT6 runs quite smoothly on it, the only time the FPS seems to drop is when i load a ghost in, but it's not

Last edited:
Your TV brand, size, make or model has nothing to do with the framerate of the game. Maybe it can effect your perception of it, but as for what the PS3 is doing nothing changes.
This is a feature that exists in most TVs with different naming choices , in Sony Bravia it's called MotionFlow .

In gaming , it introduces additional input lag , so I never used it when playing GT5 in actual gameplay , because it wasn't needed , but I used to activate it during replays which enhanced them a lot , and made them almost as good as GT3-4 , or TOCA replays . The only downside is that it makes framerate drops more pronounced , and maybe a few artifacts in the picture .

I have those artificial screen corrections/smoothers disabled from my Sony Bravia(2?/3?) jada jada 40" 3D tv, and using picture mode called "fastdraw"(or similar), just makes input stream/picture fly thru TV "engine" quickest as possible, so it won't make any delay on picture.

MotionFlow can help on many places on screen smoothness, in cost of speed of draw, during intensive gaming (as GT driving) that delay will be noticeable. Not as watcher, but person who gives commands behind wheel will notice that delay what comes between inputs and picture.

Point of my message was at @xSNAKEx is hunting something real, people might think whatever they want but I turned to believer when seen in person differences. Age and condition of PS3 might play one big role there, but that can't explain all differences between models.

Back