GT6 @ gamecom 2013

• Thread starter gNNY
  • 306 comments
If you're going to choose to race with Manual at least remember to change gear! :grumpy:
I did, didn't I? At least a bit. It was the first time I tried the Goodwood track, so I had to pay attention to a lot of things. I'm glad I didn't crash the Audi into the first wall and that the run turned out as it did. Ok, I might not have been the fastest, but then again, I've never claimed to be ;)

I think, it is difficult to drive with manual gear without hearing the engine of the car. You have more to look onto the road at a new track, than onto the rev meter.

BTW, how was the feeling to drive the Audi Andreas?

Last edited:
I did, didn't I? At least a bit. It was the first time I tried the Goodwood track, so I had to pay attention to a lot of things. I'm glad I didn't crash the Audi into the first wall and that the run turned out as it did. Ok, I might not have been the fastest, but then again, I've never claimed to be ;)

Ah sorry, didn't realise it was your video.

I thought it was another video of someone who's never played GT before and chosen manual because it sounded better or something.

@SVT Cobra GT: no worries ;)

@GT-Roadie: agreed. Driving manual without sound is not easy. And since I'm not a good racer, for me it's difficult even with sound. Hehe.

As for the Audi, I can't really comment on it. What you see on the video is all the time I had with it. I was more concerned with not making too much of a fool of myself then really try out the Audi. I'm afraid you have to wait till December to find out for yourself. But I'm excited that it's included.

Well lets say you have a perfect 10,000 sq km, 100 km long and 100 km wide.

You make a straight going from 1 end to the other, say...50 meters wide(or .05 KM wide) and make a quick, 180 degree turn and a straight that goes allll the way back, does another 180 degree turn... over and over and over.......

2000 times.

That track would be 200,000 KM long for just 1 lap.

BUUUUUTTT Nobody is ever ever ever ever going to make a track that boring and utilize literally every square inch of land.

edit- if you used every square centimeter of a 100 sq km track, using the same porportions above...
10 km straight, quick 180 turn at .05 km wide, repeatedly, you could have a 2,000 KM long lap.

OK, some say that it will actually be around 50kmX50km, or 2,500 SQ KM. Using the same proportions as above, 50km straight, .05 km wide, super-banked 180 degree turn over and over would make a lap 50,000 KM long.

Lap times @ 200 MPH/320 KPH

200,000 KM track- 626 hours(26.03 days)
50,000 KM track-156.25 hours(6.5 days)
2,000 KM track- 6.25 hours

A request: please try filming a couple laps of Matterhorn in reverse (even if the game doesn't explicitly allow this) so we can better understand the track scenery and how other layouts (there has to be at least another one than what we already know) might be made.

finally, the footage of Matterhorn Reverse is online:

:)

Back