GT6 @ gamecom 2013

• Thread starter gNNY
  • 306 comments
ok, I'm pretty excited. This evening, I sat down with ISR to talk about the press session and about the 100 x 100 km claim/mistake/news/exaggeration/whatever. They are editing the show right now and will put it online asap so that we can all enjoy the clarification given by Kazunori-San himself.

So stay tuned :)

Oh boy, I'm totally hyped for it! :D Thank you gNNy. :)👍

I really hope it's not simply a clarification about the size of a/some particular "Course Maker" track/s. Unless it's something we don't know at all already about the "Course Maker"/Course Maker 2, it's not going to be anything great. If anyone has seen the last "review" about GT6 from those two guys, you'll know what to expect. GT5 Part 2? Maybe, maybe not. GT5 Spec 3, maybe yes. GT6 is going to revolutionize console racing games? It's possible, but I doubt it.

By now, I've thought about it enough and only expect a review that unfortunately only clarifies the Course Maker 2 speculation about the size of at least one of the maps. I will be surprised if this video goes longer than 10 minutes, and will be happy to see some new information in that time frame. A fifteen minute review that's well-conducted will do fine even if there's no new information. I would like to be optimistic about this one, but it's just so annoyingly difficult when it's those two guys from ISR that are doing the review.

since GT6 is not available, yet, it's not going to be a review because there's nothing to review, yet.

since GT6 is not available, yet, it's not going to be a review because there's nothing to review, yet.
I meant a review of the event(s) so an overview of the game. Excuse me for being a grouchy ass before. I was venting unnecessarily.

This just popped up on my YouTube feed. I'm undecided whether I should laugh or cringe.

In before ''placeholder sounds''.

Edit: Wicken beat me to it in another thread.

Anyone wanna pick up on the GPS function/course maker again? It has got my attention the most about GT6! I'm just wondering if anyone knows - or if the information has been given out yet - if we'll be able to adjust the undulation of the road ourselves? The roads round my town that I want to recreate are bumpy, but it's the bumps that make the road - going too fast over one on an approach to a corner and the steering goes light.... Lots of fun.

Also, will it be default surroundings either side of the track or will we be able to adjust that as well? It would be nice to have a signpost here, or a side road there..... Just as a reference point to know exactly where you are.

Am I asking too much? Is the PS3 not capable of something like this? Is there any PC software out there that I could do this on?

This just popped up on my YouTube feed. I'm undecided whether I should laugh or cringe.

You all dont understand. The sounds are just too real. They are perfect, so please stop these negative comments. :dopey:

Stop saying that those are placeholder sounds, if it's the case than 90% of GT5 sounds where placeholders! Until we don't get real sound that's the sound of GT6...

Coiler
Stop saying that those are placeholder sounds, if it's the case than 90% of GT5 sounds where placeholders! Until we don't get real sound that's the sound of GT6...

Ah yea, true. These videos are from the final version, right?

Good god that sounds awful. :yuck:
Learned to keep my expectations at bay though, I'm not even expecting them to change.

Good thing there will be other games to cater my driving needs. :)

Does Kaz always tell the "truth"?
With this standard, all developers are liars, if you don't like them making retractions and pointing out the line on EVERY bit of pre-release info, "The final game may have features and content which differ from examples shown" or something like that.

Of course around here, I expect the smattering of "Kaz is a liar," "PD are lazy," yadda yadda. This is after all the intranets, where speaking your mind is a contact sport, and almost anything is allowed as long as you're beating up on Gran Turismo. ;)

One would think someone at InsideSimRacing would know how to drive...

God, that made me want to vomit.

Mate are you new to GT series to blieve just in words?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to "believe" in these words you just wrote. :rolleyes:

People are acting like the game is out already. It's not. Until it is, I think I'll take Kaz's word over your hysteria, frankly.

Does Kaz always tell the "truth"?

Probably not. Does that means he's consciously lying? Probably not.

Again, it's all we've got to go on when the sounds being demonstrated so far are the exact same as GT5 (with some mixing tweaks that indicate something is happening in the background) and what we've been told is that they're "placeholder" - at least as far as the new generation system is concerned.

It might well be that these "placeholder" sounds actually end up in GT6. But that hasn't happened yet.

With this standard, all developers are liars, if you don't like them making retractions and pointing out the line on EVERY bit of pre-release info, "The final game may have features and content which differ from examples shown" or something like that.

Of course around here, I expect the smattering of "Kaz is a liar," "PD are lazy," yadda yadda. This is after all the intranets, where speaking your mind is a contact sport, and almost anything is allowed as long as you're beating up on Gran Turismo. ;)

Of course, all developers are liars (they're humans too, right?).

My point (and many others) is that if the promises can't be believed (totally fair, things change, Sony wants something done differently etc) then why can't we use actual gameplay ie. the various demos we have seen, as a basis for our opinions so far?

I doesn't matter at all what I or you personally thing of Kaz. People trying to sell you something can't be trusted (for a variety of reasons, not all their fault), but regardless of that, what a developer says stills falls into the category of secondary evidence.

Me playing the GT Academy demo is a source of primary evidence, thus of far more use to any discussion that wishes to remain fact based.

Of course, all developers are liars (they're humans too, right?).

My point (and many others) is that if the promises can't be believed (totally fair, things change, Sony wants something done differently etc) then why can't we use actual gameplay ie. the various demos we have seen, as a basis for our opinions so far?

I doesn't matter at all what I or you personally thing of Kaz. People trying to sell you something can't be trusted (for a variety of reasons, not all their fault), but regardless of that, what a developer says stills falls into the category of secondary evidence.

Me playing the GT Academy demo is a source of primary evidence, thus of far more use to any discussion that wishes to remain fact based.

No, it is not. The issue is whether the new sounds make it into GT6. Primary evidence would be evidence of the finished article. There is no such evidence anywhere, and so no conclusion can be drawn. You can have an opinion, sure, but you can do so fallaciously, too. (That would of course make you wrong.)

No, it is not. The issue is whether the new sounds make it into GT6. Primary evidence would be evidence of the finished article. There is no such evidence anywhere, and so no conclusion can be drawn. You can have an opinion, sure, but you can do so fallaciously, too. (That would of course make you wrong.)

Wrong? How so?

The only primary evidence we have of Polyphony's progress so far is the various demo builds. Why can't I have an opinion on Polyphony's work so far? I'm not passing judgement on the full game, merely on the demo I've actually played.

If you'd like to stymie all conversation that isn't based of the holy primary source that is a finished GT6, this forum wouldn't exist until sometime in December.

Did that have the sounds "generated" in a "completely different way", too?

That sounds an awful lot like an implication that the sounds will be in GT6. Not jumping to any conclusions early I hope, especially with no primary evidence (ie. GT6). Tut, tut.

Wrong? How so?

The only primary evidence we have of Polyphony's progress so far is the various demo builds. Why can't I have an opinion on Polyphony's work so far? I'm not passing judgement on the full game, merely on the demo I've actually played.

If you'd like to stymie all conversation that isn't based of the holy primary source that is a finished GT6, this forum wouldn't exist until sometime in December.

That's still not primary evidence. At all.

You can discuss all you like, nobody's stopping you. The fact is, we've been told that what you're considering "primary evidence" is nothing like ("completely different" from) what they're trying to achieve.

Whether they do achieve that for PS3 is still up in the air. I think people are just making excuses to have a good rant, then claiming it's all they can do given the "evidence". In fact, all you can do, given the actual lack of evidence, is wait.

Any discussion of "opinions" should be held firmly in the realms of hypotheticals. Like "is it a dealbreaker if ...?".

As for your addendum, no, it's not what you're assuming it is at all. Tut tut indeed. For clarity, I don't think the new sounds will make it in at launch. I don't think it'll be easy to patch in, either (so that's unlikely, too.) Is it a dealbreaker? Not for me, I play lots of games (sometimes).

Any "opinion" formed on incorrect data is itself incorrect, by the way. Being "right" for the wrong reasons doesn't count, either.

*I play GT Academy demo.

*I form an opinion of it, based on my time playing it.

GT Academy demo is not primary evidence (source Griffith500)

Primary evidence would be evidence of the finished article

*I play GT6.

GT6 is primary evidence (source Griffith500)

I don't see the differnece.

As for your addendum, no, it's not what you're assuming it is at all. Tut tut indeed. For clarity, I don't think the new sounds will make it in at launch.

And yet you used quotes from Kaz almost as a defense that GT6 will have new sounds. For clarity, why is that?

Any "opinion" formed on incorrect data is itself incorrect, by the way. Being "right" for the wrong reasons doesn't count, either.

So my opinion of GT Academy demo (it's sounds, physics etc.) is incorrect. Tell me, what would be the correct data to form an opinion of the GT Academy demo if not the GT Academy demo?

Griffith500
*I play GT Academy demo.

GT Academy demo is not primary evidence (source Griffith500)

Griffith500
Primary evidence would be evidence of the finished article
*I play GT6.

GT6 is primary evidence (source Griffith500)

I don't see the difference.

Griffith500
As for your addendum, no, it's not what you're assuming it is at all. Tut tut indeed. For clarity, I don't think the new sounds will make it in at launch.
And yet you used quotes from Kaz almost as a defense that GT6 will have new sounds. For clarity, why is that?

Griffith500
So my opinion of GT Academy demo (it's sounds, physics etc.) is incorrect. Tell me, what would be the correct data to form an opinion of the GT Academy demo if not the GT Academy demo?

Griffith500
The fact is, we've been told that what you're considering "primary evidence" is nothing like ("completely different" from) what they're trying to achieve.

Griffith500 has said before that he doesn't believe, or isn't sure, if PD's new way of generating sounds will make it into GT6. Do you think he's saying that it's going to be the case? Or does he feel that he knows that's going to be the case? I'm not exactly answering this for him, but my guess is that he's speculating and having an opinion that shows his impartiality. The "new way of generating sounds" that Kaz mentioned was never said to be something that WILL make it into GT6 nor was it ever explained in detail what it is and what it entails.

You're forming an opinion based on a demo from a build that we're totally unsure of why it performs worse (visually and graphically, at least in terms of the frame-rate and aliasing) than the Silverstone and Gamescom demos, but strangely performs similar to the E3 demo in those regards. With the Goodwood FoS demo, I remember it being E3-like and I don't believe we heard anything about the one in Scotland that was more recent than the FoS's demo so we can only assume. The rest of us have only the GT Academy demo to judge what the final version of GT6 will be like, so all we can do now after knowing that the GTA demo isn't up to par with the most recent demo that the public tested at Gamescom is to speculate on how much greater can the sounds and physics get.

Seeing as how when we first got the GT5 GT Academy time trial 10 months before the release of the game and PD weren't working or collaborating with tire and suspension companies at the time, we can "rule out" any speculation on just how much greater or not the physics can get. This is the 8th year that PD has been working with the PS3 and were able to restructure and break ground in GT6 using the system in the last two and a half years since the release of GT5, all the while smoothing out the rough edges GT5 had for two years from the graphics to the physics and to the sounds. It should be safe to say they're finding it more efficient to tweak and improve all of GT6's features directly instead of through online updates. With that said, are these demos going to tell you everything we should expect of the sounds when GT6 gets packaged and shipped?

Yes, the Z4 GT3 sounds a bit...atrocious. No, I don't think that's what we'll be hearing when the time comes to play the final version of the game. Will it sound like what we hoped? Maybe it will. Is there a chance it'll stay the same? Maybe, yes. Is there a chance it'll get worse?.......... :| Just no. Logically, there will be improvements and no one is saying that they'll be "major" or "substantial". Logically, a demo isn't something to substantiate "opinions" and speculations, considering that demos simply aren't the final version of the game. We can only wisely compare a past game with the demo. Could you have seriously looked at GT5 at the time of its release and said, "In three years, GT6 will be released and there will have been updates to this final version of GT5 that changes every aspect from one end of the Spectrum to the other." GT5 Prologue had it's updates, but did they do the same as all of the current game's, GT5 updates?

Based on GT5 Prologue, we should have gotten a Spec III update (with tracks and cars :D). Based on GT4 Prologue, GT5 Prologue shouldn't have lasted more than two years the way that it (sort of) did. Based on the transition from GT2 to GT3 and GT4 on the PS2, GT5 on the PS3 should have had...more events and less cars (it technically did have less cars, IF you want to go there, but thank Kaz that there wasn't; and this is coming from someone who stays away from the Standard cars for the most part) :D :lol:. There can be a lot more said with a lot less words if Griffith500 cares to reply.

Last edited:
Back