GT6 has no instruction manual?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prenihility
  • 49 comments
  • 9,853 views
Messages
96
Canada
Ontario
Messages
Prenihility
As the title says. I just want to confirm whether or not the game comes with a manual. I JUST opened my 15th anniversary edition. No manual inside. Only a paper with a digital code.

They seriously that cheap?

Could someone please confirm this? I'll be in agonizing paranoia until i get an answer. :banghead:
 
There is no manual. its online. same in my box the codes thats it.
 
I have noticed game manuals have gotten thinner and thinner. Maybe there just taking them all out all together now.
 
Yes, in a perfect world. And they're considering making the game cases black and white as to not waste colours.
That's pretty ignorant. I rather paper be saved.
 
Do you realize that the manual is available in-game?? When you're in the main menu, just press start and bam, there's an option to view the manual!
 
@Bluntified With 4 pages, the page telling you what it is, 2nd has the default control settings for a DS3 (no longer necessary for me), 3rd has staff credits, and the last one has licensing stuff.
 
@Bluntified With 4 pages, the page telling you what it is, 2nd has the default control settings for a DS3 (no longer necessary for me), 3rd has staff credits, and the last one has licensing stuff.

Either way, everything is explained in entirety throughout the game, from tuning to racing and everything in between. There is absolutely no need for a manual.
 
LOL @ Hipster responses.

Caring about the environment makes one a hipster now? Personally, I thought it just meant said person wasn't a selfish, ignorant fool.

I'm actually a fan of manuals BTW, it's just that I'm more of a fan of being able to breathe. :p
 
As the title says. I just want to confirm whether or not the game comes with a manual. I JUST opened my 15th anniversary edition. No manual inside. Only a paper with a digital code.

They seriously that cheap?

Could someone please confirm this? I'll be in agonizing paranoia until i get an answer. :banghead:

Hi bud I have the 15th anniversary edition my came with sexy sleeve the card with the digital code the disc and a booklet which explains Setting up The Game Screen and downloading extra Content, that's all maybe the manual is in the game? Just a thought.
 
As the title says. I just want to confirm whether or not the game comes with a manual. I JUST opened my 15th anniversary edition. No manual inside. Only a paper with a digital code.

They seriously that cheap?

Could someone please confirm this? I'll be in agonizing paranoia until i get an answer. :banghead:

Manual insertion should feel natural
 
Yes, if the other side of the argument were not saying it's purely to save money. How much do people think it costs to print the manuals? :lol:
 
Oh God are we really going to go down the road of environmental pc here?

The manuals are not in the case because it's cheaper and you can rather easily update the online version as changes are made to the game. PD isn't worried about "saving the trees".
 
Yes, if the other side of the argument were not saying it's purely to save money. How much do people think it costs to print the manuals? :lol:

About as much as it costs them to press the discs and mold the case they both go in. Multiplied by millions and millions of copies.
 
I just looked online, it'd be covered if they sold a couple of dozen extra copies of the game because of it. I'm still inclined to believe they probably wouldn't be that cheap, although it's hard to tell sometimes.

(This part is more of a joke, honest) Isn't it also a hipster affectation to believe 'the corporations are all evil, man'? :sly:

Edit: I only just realised I haven't actually said why I think it has nothing to do with the tiny amount of money they save, which is that it makes them (Sony, most likely) look good to say they care about the planet. Whether it's true or not doesn't bother me at all.
 
Last edited:
Hi bud I have the 15th anniversary edition my came with sexy sleeve the card with the digital code the disc and a booklet which explains Setting up The Game Screen and downloading extra Content, that's all maybe the manual is in the game? Just a thought.

Yeah, i figured the manual is in the game. But... i'm still trying to figure out how you access the Beyond the Apex II App that's supposed to be there as well.


And you got the INSTRUCTION MANUAL which usually comes with a video game?

Then what's @justin credible talking about?
 
My Anniversary Edition does have a printed manual, although it really isn't anything special.


EDIT: And it's extremely short and doesn't really explain much.
EDIT2: It's actually useless, you better use the online manual.
 
Yeah, i figured the manual is in the game. But... i'm still trying to figure out how you access the Beyond the Apex II App that's supposed to be there as well.



And you got the INSTRUCTION MANUAL which usually comes with a video game?

Then what's @justin credible talking about?
He got unlucky i'm guessing? i have everything in my Anniversary edition, including the manual, which is quite short but it's better than nothing.
 
From my experience with friends, NO ONE ever reads the manual (or pay attention to the tutorial). That's one reason why they didn't bother adding one. Another reason is to save trees. Practically everything in life is available online. I remember the manual in Need for Speed the Run has a part saying they're trying to go green so the manual can be found in game.
 
Back