GT6 Is Too Short?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 39 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
After playing for 20-30hrs i have 100% completion, it would take me around 40-60hrs to get 100% in GT4, plus there is no race in GT Mode that allows you to use X2011 or Formula GT.

GT6 Lacks Rally racing series, Long endurance races and championships like Formula GT or they should make Red Bull X Championship, does anyone else agree that GT6 lacks these races?

I really hope they don't do a Red Bull X Championship, I hate driving that car. I'd like to see some more championships though, especially ones with 10 races instead of just 5. Endurance races will turn up with B-Spec I'd assume so whenever that gets released then it'll add a ton of gameplay.

Main thing I'd like to see would be an option to have double race lengths (not for enduros) as doing a championship of 5 lap races is a bit stupid. I miss events like the Polyphony Digital Cup from GT3 where each race took like 30-40 mins and there were 10 of them.

I also just got 100%. This is actually the first GT game that I've completed all the races in. I spent about a year on and off getting platinum in GT5, and I still haven't done the final Nürburgring race. GT6 is definitely way too short, and it's also too anti-climatic. You get 100% and nothing happens. Would've been nice to at least have some proper endurance races :/

As avid a PD-supporter as I am, GT6 really does lack things to do.

I was hoping that after the emptiness of GT5 It'd be more GT4-like, but I think they've got even fewer events.

I hope we get more races in GT Mode and not just Seasonal Races..those races feel lifeless for some reason. there is still space for 2 more squares in the GT Mode section, Rally and Long Enduraces + Championships with cars.

I'm really impressed with the X2011 sound and wanted to drive that car while completing a race, PD really needs to release DLC or an update to make the GT Mode bigger.

Last edited:
The career is far longer and more varied than GT5, it only lacks endurance races. I completed the events on A-Spec in GT5 very quickly but this game is taking longer and has more variety in event races.

I think the reason GT5 felt longer was because everyone was in a stupor over the graphics because of the platform change. GT6 doesn't have that huge graphical upjump so they really need to flesh it out like GT4.

GT6 is longer than GT5 but GT5 was harder with the X2010 challenge and the endurance races which required preparation and practice, platinium in GT5 took me around 600hrs-700hrs while im at 86% on GT6 already with like 30hrs played.

___
Seems like the game is not finished... I hope it's because they were rushed to release it and plan on releasing endurance races and such via patch(es).

What's interesting is that events like the Freshman Cup were added in the 1.01 update. So PD can obviously make the offline career mode bigger.

As for the game being short, I'm not concerned about getting to the end. I'm content with taking my favorite cars and just doing any events they can enter. I still hope they plan on adding more races though.

Considering how utterly pathetic the AI is, how terrible the car selection in the events usually are, and the fact that the career mode doesn't have track grip set to real, then no. There should not be any more events. Adding more atrocious races won't make the game better. Had PD spend more than 5 minutes putting the career mode and AI together, perhaps we could have just a tiny bit fun with it. Thus far, I've golded half of the career events, and I haven't enjoyed a single second of it. Just useless tedious grinding for Money, so that I can buy cars to use online.

The career mode is pathetic! As per usual when PD is responsible.

I also just got 100%. This is actually the first GT game that I've completed all the races in. I spent about a year on and off getting platinum in GT5, and I still haven't done the final Nürburgring race. GT6 is definitely way too short, and it's also too anti-climatic. You get 100% and nothing happens. Would've been nice to at least have some proper endurance races :/
Watch the upcoming upgrade. Some good additions to game.

Yes, maybe the upgrades will make the game lengthier.

Atleast, they can add 2 seasonals if possible in a week to keep the interest going.

I think the only difference is the lack of long endurance races - we've lost 48 hours of game time with the absence of Le Mans and Nurburgring events alone.

I still think the endurance events will be put back into the game alongside b-spec. Makes sense. I also think we'll get another rally event at somepoint.

It's already confirmed the the new Red Bull Special event will be added in the near future (on the official GT6 website).

I think the only difference is the lack of long endurance races - we've lost 48 hours of game time with the absence of Le Mans and Nurburgring events alone.

I still think the endurance events will be put back into the game alongside b-spec. Makes sense. I also think we'll get another rally event at somepoint.

It's already confirmed the the new Red Bull Special event will be added in the near future (on the official GT6 website).
Yes. Red Bull X2014 and B Spec coming up. I hear lot's of rumours on new endurances, but up to now I rather take that as just being a rumour. I'm at 99.9% with all Gold and only Coffee break in S class to go. Got stuck now real bad. I'm a real bad drifter and just can't get the car to drift properly. If I listen to you guys maybe I should stay at 99.9% cause at least something to look forward to until new upgrade come.

Considering how utterly pathetic the AI is, how terrible the car selection in the events usually are, and the fact that the career mode doesn't have track grip set to real, then no. There should not be any more events. Adding more atrocious races won't make the game better. Had PD spend more than 5 minutes putting the career mode and AI together, perhaps we could have just a tiny bit fun with it. Thus far, I've golded half of the career events, and I haven't enjoyed a single second of it. Just useless tedious grinding for Money, so that I can buy cars to use online.

The career mode is pathetic! As per usual when PD is responsible.

Why did you gold half of them if you didn't enjoy a second...

Yes, the upcoming X2014 and B Spec confirmed. Lots of rumours on new endurances, but will only jump up and down when I see them. I'm 99.9% done with only coffee break in S class to go. But boy, now got stuck. I'm real bad drifter and can't get that auto to drift. Maybe just as well cause [listening to your experience] at least now I've got something to look forward to until upgrade arrives.

The career events in GT4 were far more extensive and challenging.
Huge threads arose to see who could get the best A-Spec score in each and every one of them. That doesn't happen any more, and the offline game is diminished. Seasonals do not make up for lack of base content. For some, playing online compensates for this, but not for me, at least not yet.

On the other hand, the look and feel, the physics, the AI and all that is greatly or marginally improved. So GT6 still has great potential should the developers choose to expand the content side. And while they're at it, maybe add adjustable AI difficulty levels. Raising prize money, Experience points or A-Spec points based on winning at lowered PP levels would be a substitute for adjustable AI pace.

Eventually, when the PS4 price drops by half and the bugs are worked out, we'll get an even better GT7, but it will need to have much better value in the length and challenge of the career to justify the purchase of the new console and game.

Why did you gold half of them if you didn't enjoy a second...

Take a wild guess...

I need money to buy the ridiculesly priced cars in the game. Also, I have OCD with these types of things. I just have to gold them.

Take a wild guess...

I need money to buy the ridiculesly priced cars in the game. Also, I have OCD with these types of things. I just have to gold them.

Well, if you don't like a game, fair enough. There are many games that people like, that I hate.

But, if your autism or whatever meant you had to play it, despite not enjoying it... well, that's kinda your own fault.

Just find a game you'll have more fun on ;)

Well, if you don't like a game, fair enough. There are many games that people like, that I hate.

But, if your autism or whatever meant you had to play it, despite not enjoying it... well, that's kinda your own fault.

Just find a game you'll have more fun on ;)

As I said. I need the money to buy cars. I love organising and partaking in online races with people here on GTP. Lots of fine like minded folks around. But I obviously can't do that without cars. You are somewhat correct that the OCD thing is my own problem, but surely, it shouldn't be too much to expect an exciting career mode? One with proper AI, on par with games that were released more than 6 years ago. Because as of now, the career is utter crap.

As I said. I need the money to buy cars. I love organising and partaking in online races with people here on GTP. Lots of fine like minded folks around. But I obviously can't do that without cars. You are somewhat correct that the OCD thing is my own problem, but surely, it shouldn't be too much to expect an exciting career mode? One with proper AI, on par with games that were released more than 6 years ago. Because as of now, the career is utter crap.

But, that's kind of your opinion... because I mean, a lot of people are enjoying it too :s

Sure there are problems with sound, AI... whatever else... but it doesn't make it utter crap.

I wouldn't call it crap, it's frustrating at times.. but hey. It's just a game, on the other hand we do need more credits especially at the higher end of the career we need to be winning 500,000 per event.

The career mode is factual crap. When you can take a car rated 100PP lower than the opposition and run it 3 tire compounds lower than the AI, and still win, then it's crap. When the AI literally slows down to let you win, it's crap. When the AI pit maneouvres you, it's crap. When there is literally no challenge to be had, it's crap.

So yeah. It's not about opinion. The career mode is in fact, utter crap. There's literally nothing positive about it.

I know the game seems short and lacking certain races we would like to see but I think this game is modular in design if you look at the menu layout. I bet they're going to add new races and events as time passes. There will also be new Vision GT projects as well. I'm quite excited that the game is designed this way. It's too soon to be trashing the game. I bet it could grow to be quite robust in the months to come.

All it needs is a difficulty selector. It feels like it's on Easy at the moment. Medium would crank the AI up a bit, and Hard would crank the AI even further and prohibit driving aids. Give more credits/stars for using harder settings.

The career mode is factual crap. When you can take a car rated 100PP lower than the opposition and run it 3 tire compounds lower than the AI, and still win, then it's crap. When the AI literally slows down to let you win, it's crap. When the AI pit maneouvres you, it's crap. When there is literally no challenge to be had, it's crap.

So yeah. It's not about opinion. The career mode is in fact, utter crap. There's literally nothing positive about it.

Thanks for informing me that it's objectively crap, now I'll know not to enjoy it. What a fool I was, enjoying the career mode of Gran Turismo 6.

Hear hear! :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back