GT6 Master Car List [NOT A WISHLIST]

Hmmm, I think the one in GT5 was a 2006 Ford GT. That's why we didn't add the Premium tag IIRC.
GT5 had the 2005 as standard and 2006 as premium, 2005 definitely got the upgrade. Sadly, the 2002 prototype is still standard, though improved standard...

That's right actually, there's now 2 premium Ford GTs in GT6.
Of course, I don't know why PD even bothered with the '05 GT, it's basically the same car anyway.

It has to do with car list clean up. Remeber, NOT ONLY was '05 standard, but there was TWO of them: Regular and No Stripe. TWO UNNECESSARY CAR CHOICES SEPERATED BY PAINT SCHEMES!!!

Yes, I'm very aware that PD had 2 '05 Ford GTs in GT5, but I mean why did PD bother with improving the '05 GT at all when they could've simply got rid of both of them? Noone is going to care if 2 standard cars are gone from the list when a premium version of those cars already existed.

Most probably due to what may be available to them to work on, it's possible that they might have scattered resources when it comes to getting the models necessary to render after. Agiven if so, for they've been getting enough flak for what they HAVE been using in the early days to model their cars after...

In conclusion: Because Ford GT, that's why.

I tried so hard to find differences between them yesterday in Syracuse. They're identical in every way except PP.

From the Reddit AMA (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/298n04/i_am_kazunori_yamauchi_the_video_game_designer/):

[–]racsman_R an hour ago

This year we saw more of the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge styling exercise at Goodwood . Hopefully there will be a production model, but, even if there isn't be a production model, can you please bring it to GT ? 6 or 7 , doesn't matter :)
  • [–]KazunoriAMA[S] 33 minutes ago

Shiro: Sure. Why not? We like the design and we like the performance. We'll start working with Yamauchi-san immediately.

This is a classic example of fans asking for something, us listening, and we're both here together, and we'll make it happen.
    • [–]KazunoriAMA[S] 33 minutes ago

I'll add it to the huge chopping list of Gran Turismo cars.

I wouldn't bother putting the Maserati in there until we have proof that we'll get it. The M4 was the last 'real' car that we got via DLC and even that was already coded into the game at release and just needed to be unlocked. All we've really received so far are those fantasy VGTs. Very disappointing.

You do realise it's just 5 cars right now.
And they all have a color code which is detailed in the OP.
They may or may not appear in GT6 but they will appear in a GT game at some point.
What's the harm in putting them as "maybe" ?

Lexus CCSR, Toyota TS030, The Senna cars, Hudson...

Sorry, you're right. I guess they were so memorable that they slipped my mind. The Hudson was the same as the M4- already in the game but just needed to be unlocked. The Senna cars I could have done without to be honest. Ok, the Lexus and Toyota were decent but in 8 months, it's still disappointing to see what they've come up with.

Sorry, you're right. I guess they were so memorable that they slipped my mind. The Hudson was the same as the M4- already in the game but just needed to be unlocked. The Senna cars I could have done without to be honest. Ok, the Lexus and Toyota were decent but in 8 months, it's still disappointing to see what they've come up with.
That's still way more than for GT5, and everything was free. I would love to see more, but it's decent.

You do realise it's just 5 cars right now.
And they all have a color code which is detailed in the OP.
They may or may not appear in GT6 but they will appear in a GT game at some point.
What's the harm in putting them as "maybe" ?
Because this isn't a Maybe Car List.

Of course it's not a 'Maybe' list. It would be completely orange if it was.
The fact is, we know these cars in orange will be in Gran Turismo at some point. We just don't know if it will be GT6 or GT7.
I think it's a necessary information to have them in the list, while differentiating them from the cars that really are in the game. Hence the orange coloring and the detailed explanation at the top of the first post.

Or you could just remove them since they're not in the game and add them if they get added.

If I was running a shipping company, I wouldn't put items on the list that weren't on the transport vehicle.
If I was running a car dealer, I wouldn't put cars on the list that might show up on the dealer lot.
If I was running a sports team, I wouldn't put athletes on the roster that weren't actually on the team, but might show up in a few years.

So, why on Earth, does any car not currently in the game, need to be on a "master car list"?

Of course it's not a 'Maybe' list. It would be completely orange if it was.
The fact is, we know these cars in orange will be in Gran Turismo at some point. We just don't know if it will be GT6 or GT7.
I think it's a necessary information to have them in the list, while differentiating them from the cars that really are in the game. Hence the orange coloring and the detailed explanation at the top of the first post.
By now, we should all realize that if it's a Gran Turismo Award winner of any kind, it'll be in the next game, not an update. Whether it be SEMA, Concours d'Elegance or Tokyo Auto Salon, a GT Award winner (going by pattern and previous interviews/announcements) is going to appear in the next iteration or two due to special attention given.

Last edited:
Back