Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Maybe

• No

Votes: 230 89.5%
  • Undecided

• Total voters
I could go either way, once you reach a point in the game, spending slows down and you'll have all this money/credits building up for nothing (except bigger save files).

On the other hand, a limit shouldn't be the same as the most expensive car. I hate when I spend 20mill on a car and be left with nothing!

Depends on if there is actually an in game global economy or not.

If there is yes but it should be much, much higher.

If there isn't then f you PD I'm not buying your 1990's piece of crap.

A big issue with the game, for me, is the lack of difficulty once you get going. I love the early days experience of saving every credit and weighing up different tuning options. On the other hand, I hate never having the millions required to buy a certain car when it magically appears in the UCD.

As such, there should be a separation of gameplay modes. One mode should do away with the need for cash (and with the current seasonals, you could argue it's largely a formality anyway) - this would tie into the requests for the removal of progression altogether in the game, to make it more of a sandbox. The other mode should be a more stringent career option, with tighter cashflow, tighter racing and so on, with the option for multiple such careers and selectable entry point. Best of both.

You could call them Sandbox and Career. :dopey:

There's also the option of a GTPSP- / TT-like "collector mode" where you earn each car by beating a challenge, perhaps.

Not at all. I miss the old style... As many as you could earn.

Why GT5 ever had a limit is beyond me, literary every other game in the series did not.

No, 20M limit was annoying, when I found out I couldn't get over 20M I was like
The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Maybe - perhaps if the limit is higher than the price of a single high end car. Say the limit now is Moved from 20,000,000 to 50,000,000. I'd be fine with that.

Money limit is the same as a limit on the price of a trade car - it punishes everyone in order to prevent the unscrupulous from exploiting the game. It's bad, m'kay?

If you *must* have a money limit it should be at least 100mil if we continue with the same rewards we have for Seasonals now (the Nurburgring round of the Ferrari F1 event can get you 4.8 million for 14 minutes if you lower the pp enough, and that can be done repeatedly... even a more comfortable pp will get 4.5 million which adds up to 20 quite quickly). The arbitrarily low limit really ain't cool once it's combined with the rare cars that seem to appear when you just spent it on something to avoid throwing away your winnings to the money cap. Then again, watch the UCD like a hawk, always keep enough in that you can get the rest back in 3-4 rounds of Ferrari action :)

I think there should be a money limit, but only because of cheaters.
For example, I actually had infinite money in GT3, but in GT6 I think there should be a money cap of say 20,000,000,000.

I don't think the question should be do we need a money limit. It should be more aimed towards the reward payouts that add up much quicker than it did in older GT games.

In GT3 it wasn't until the amateur bracket of races I got a real good car, and that was a prize car.

In GT5 excluding content from XL like the X1 I got a nice car by before I was done with the beginner series. Thanks to the seasonals.

1. I've never reached GT5s limit, so:

2. It really doesn't bother me; I voted "no" though, because:

3. There really isn't a point to it, seeing as how:

4. There are no decent glitches which give you quick-money.

Ok, I'm done. :lol:

1. I've never reached GT5s limit, so:

2. It really doesn't bother me; I voted "no" though, because:

3. There really isn't a point to it, seeing as how:

4. There are no decent glitches which give you quick-money.

Ok, I'm done. :lol:

I have been at the cap for a month now, and it gets annoying. I voted no for that reason; I can't get a Ferrari P4 without bleeding myself DRY.

I'm guessing the cap was put in place to encourage trading cars, since it was the first time they had trading in the series.
Which isn't to say I'm for it, I'd rather not have a limit this low.

Like others have said it needs to be scaled to the rewards.

The money limit is one of a few inexplicable limits imposed in the game. You really have to wonder why somebody actually took extra time to put that in place.

Another limit which I find quite bizarre is the fastest lap leaderboard, where you can only have 10 or 12 (I forget) entries, and furthermore, no way of deleting individual entries, so you can end up with 10 times from 10 sessions in the same car.

It would be so utterly easy to have no limit on the number of times and you can just scroll down through them. The ability to delete entries must be so so easy to implement too, GT4 had it but it was removed for GT5? Things like that, along with the menus, loading times, UI etc. are just so limited, slow, irritating and unintuitive, it beggers belief.

Hello, my name is PD. I am very intelligent.

Let me show you why.

I set the credit limit to 20,000,000 and I also set the most expensive cars at 20,000,000 credits.

It's a great idea so that when you purchase that expensive car, you're left with 0 credits!

PD loves living in another dimension while simultaneously developing games in a funky and outdated 1998 mindset.

I Voted No. Tire of hitting the limit and subsequently having to purchase another premium in order to have breathing room in the credits.

No, but if there is a limit, it should be a googolplex :dopey:. Also, If people are worried about another Penniless trophy, just take care of that at the beginning of the game.

Voted NO for sure! What's the point of limiting our hard earned credits!?
As some has already pointed out, there's no point in buying a Cr.20,000,000 car and have nothing left for even a car wash - Cr.50! I guess the reason why they've set the Cr.20,000,000 credit limit was because it's an easier way to get that stupid trophy - Penniless! :lol:

EDIT: and yes, I'm sick of grinding some races over and over ever again! They should offer us a wider variety of races instead of forcing us to grind, grind and grind. 👎

Back