GT6 - more arcade or real simulator?

• Thread starter FCWC
  • 71 comments
United States
HSV AL
GT5's downfall moistly lies in the single player.
First you have the License Test along with the Special Events. Both of which teach people bad driving habits. To hit, bad tuning practices, and to cheat.
Then you have the B Spec.
Really WTF was the thought process behind this?

Then we go to online game play.
WHY we dont have real physics is a mystery. I can flip a car in ASpec but not online...
Draft in the game is a super sucker on steroids... How hard is to give us the option to turn this off completely?

Together these things make GT5 an arcade game. Not a simulator.

So the question is will GT6 correct these fupa's or will they simply give what the masses want? More glitter and glam to hide the stench?

A simulation, with a game inside it, that's what I'd call GT5, and to be honest, as much as there's this little bit here, and that little bit there that we'd all like improved, I've put 150-200 hours into this game easily, something like 30,000kms, mostly single player, which doesn't count my time playing it at friends places, ect. I love this game even if there are huge parts that I'd like changed almost completely.

I would be pleased if they either ignored or copied the entire b-spec as it is now, I'm greatful that it appears mostly a copy of a-spec in gt5, because I really don't use it.

Ultimately, if it has to be moved in either direction, they should always attempt to move it further to the ultimate simulator, every game should be making a large step closer, and I think they've achieved that ever since gt3 til gt5, every game seemed (imo) to be a good deal improved in terms of the simulation.

FCWC
First you have the License Test along with the Special Events. Both of which teach people bad driving habits. To hit, bad tuning practices, and to cheat.

If there is a fault with GT5, I'm the first person who will jump all over it. Having established my honest lack of bias....

I'm not sure how you figure stuff like the license tests teach bad driving habits, hitting, and cheating, and I don't recall the game teaching anything about tuning anywhere.

If there is a fault with GT5, I'm the first person who will jump all over it. Having established my honest lack of bias....

I'm not sure how you figure stuff like the license tests teach bad driving habits, hitting, and cheating, and I don't recall the game teaching anything about tuning anywhere.

Those tests that have you pass loads of cars in a lap or two are pretty terrible. Races shouldn't be two laps long, and you shouldn't always bulldoze your way through a field of cars.

This thread should have been created by and for one self. Definitely the homework been completed in favour by a miracle and mysterious long await to seek and to begin what many may know... the :mischievous:

Future of Gran Turismo aiming to target arcade rather than simulation. Let's go back to the basics, video games don't need to focus on realism and highly detailed graphics. Why, what's the point it's only a video game. :sly:

ak101
Future of Gran Turismo aiming to target arcade rather than simulation. Let's go back to the basics, video games don't need to focus on realism and highly detailed graphics. Why, what's the point it's only a video game. :sly:

I don't agree with this they will more than likely try and find a balance between the two your making it sound like it's heading towards nfs.

This thread should have been created by and for one self. Definitely the homework been completed in favour by a miracle and mysterious long await to seek and to begin what many may know... the :mischievous:

Your posts rarely make any sense.

"Simulator" is an unfortunate choice of adjective in my opinion. An excellent attempt at engine power and handling physics will always be part of any good driving game (of which GT 5 tops all others). But, a "real" "simulator" at the level some hardcore fans seem to desire with regards to car detail, engine noise, shadows, etc... would require collisions at 200+ mph to go to produce outcomes no game ever will. Nor should it.

I find it comical when gtp'ers cite "simulator" as a reason to better details in area X Y or Z, but blatantly ignore the fact that damage will always be "arcade" or "game-ish".

"Your Bob died on lap 20 in a crash near the chicane. Please create a new Bob. The vehicle is completely destroyed. "

"Your Bob died on lap 20 in a crash near the chicane. Please create a new Bob. The vehicle is completely destroyed. "

Death isn't required for something to be a simulator. Not even damage is.

GT1 was a simulator, it could have been more realistic, but it was a simulator. Same goes for GT5.

Diffenatly more sim but why should we have to choose? We all know how short the last game was but, let's just hope improvements will be made to both.

More sim, and more accessibility options. Somehow, they need to make that work otherwise it's going to be compromising too much, in my opinion. It's probably much harder that way than, say, going fully casual or full sim, but I think it's worth it.

Death isn't required for something to be a simulator. Not even damage is.

GT1 was a simulator, it could have been more realistic, but it was a simulator. Same goes for GT5.

I think you've missed the point of my post.

I don't want dead Bobs, or 100% accurate damage physics... And stated that the contact/damage portion of the game - all driving games - has been and will always be "game" style. Those who cite "simulator" in the game's title as reason for...

A wheel should be used - controllers aren't used by real racers!
ABS on cars where it should be is blasphemous beyond belief!
The shadows model is horrible! This is supposed to be "real"! Get with it PD!
No game only fantasy cars should be included - this is a "real" simulator!!!

Those who fly off the handle about the above topics yet keep their had in the sand re: damage are hilarious in my book.

I don't see how the licence tests teach you bad driving habits. And most of the people who are able play GT5 are old enough to know not to cheat.

Arcade? I don't what to have to put a Quarter into my PS3 every time I play GT6, keep it a Simulation.

I hope they keep the 'simulation' aspects of it, it would be disappointing if this was toned down. Given Kaz's interest in racing cars in real in life, you’d think (hope?) he’d have to keep the faith here.

As many have commented elsewhere, it would be great if they did some development work on tire modelling and suspension to make it more true to life if that's possible. I hope they give some further attention to the ‘Simulation’ setting in the one of sub menus. If I choose to run that setting, I want the best possible real life reflection of the physics model in terms of the cars handling, responses, tuning and so on. Keep the Arcade setting to ensure the game continues to be accessible to casual gamers.

With the simulation setting, the host of a race room should be able to set this as a requirement (not sure if there is much difference here at the moment) to ensure a level playing field. In addition the host should be able to review key settings of a player’s vehicle like ballast, power, engine options, and aerodynamics to ensure conformance to specific race rules that many organised leagues have.

Then you have the B Spec.
Really WTF was the thought process behind this?

Then we go to online game play.
WHY we dont have real physics is a mystery. I can flip a car in ASpec but not online...
Draft in the game is a super sucker on steroids... How hard is to give us the option to turn this off completely?

So the question is will GT6 correct these fupa's or will they simply give what the masses want? More glitter and glam to hide the stench?

Oh my...

License tests are awesome.
Special Events are challenging.
Bad tuning, what?

GT is right down the middle, where it belongs.

To the OP,
heel toe braking involves your right foot, not left.

@simonK

Every time your constant and persistent nagging, pestering and attention seeking is getting worse. It's understandable because your a little girl. You can't refuse to admit the truth, the evidence is given by yourself every time.

You show no respect to other users and purposely you use these forums mainly for distributing and influencing hate, conflict and personal clash among others. In order to satisfy and ease the fear, weakness and insecurity within yourself.

Last edited:
I wish they go and take more of a sim approach.

I like GT5 as it is but I think many things need to be changed like the way the cars take off off the line

.......xrantx.......

No, no, we definitely want more stench. The stench of burning rubber. The stench of gasoline fumes. Sometimes the stench of cheap aftershave. And when I drive a convertible through the countryside, the sunshine must give me a tan, and I need to smell new-mown hay.

Get on it, Kaz! Enough with the drama.

;)

Solid online head-to-head racing using a properly built physics engine with all the dramas of real racing. Arcade would be mighty silly. Yes, I vote for simulation.

Hopefully the Sim aspect will be much more refined. Difficulty settings, Event Generator etc... Keep the experienced players challenged.

But GT games have always had a begineer friendly approach and that needs to continue. GT6 could be someone's first GT game.

Latest Posts

Back