GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
@smoothbore12 - you are an absolute riot. :lol:

Apart from that, permit me some awe at your use of the controller. Like wow. The only other player I know in here who had such awesome mastery of the DS3 was nowayback - and he would do the most outrageous things in the game - impossible to beat even with a wheel. You are in good company. ;)

Start blushing already. :cool: :cool:

Apart from that , when i grow up i wanna be like Boogeyman or the Gladiator.
@lfm58 ........... first try !!!
@RMan72......... first go !!!

@smoothbore12 ..........:banghead:
@bjl23 ...........:banghead:

At least we are in a good company

PS
Gladiator put the " knife" little deeper ,he put a ciao in the end :lol::lol:

This noon was beyond expectations :eek:
Except dino rider the other ones comes with less effort than ever and i am suprized by my self.

Racing bullrider

IMG_20180531_193341.jpg

Stratos 73 Goodwood

IMG_20180531_200141.jpg

I deserve a little rap for this one.

65400a9f57d2ae1904b6437164605723.gif

I'm sure we will still be here when you are further into the game.
What Event do I have to get to unlock the Goodwood events.

Edit: I have just found out, you need 25 stars from Career Mode, I have only 15 stars.

Last edited:
@fordlaser .......always there is an option to B spec it , especially in champioships that you have to unlock a track. Did that few times ,but for me everything was new anyway .

@photonrider you ask to many :lol: ,still i catch him and overtake him in druids bend , after the Stratos training in goodwood was easier here. Just need more time to unlock the speed in all corners.
Usualy cause of the fails and the repeats you became better in the start than the rest of the track.
Apart from this am in Boogeymans territory with the Stratos in goodwood , which feels great.

tenor.gif

Did someone knows how many miles you have to run a car to bring it back in stock hp and pp after changing the oils ? I try the VGT Alpine mostly to " learn " the track but its on change oil effect .
In the very first trys .......... i collect aaaaaallllllll the plastic columns looking for a recycle bin to put them in.
And of course .......ill never gonna win this ( but damn this car sounds so good)

Dam it I thought PRANCE INSTRUCTOR was fastest finish, it's biggest MOV P1 - P2:banghead:
IMAG0379.jpg

DINO RIDER update
IMAG0381.jpg

TRUE SUPERHERO update
IMAG0383.jpg

LEADER BOARD update

NASCAR HOT LAPPER

@smoothbore12: 0:43.953
@RMan72: 0:44.002

THE DOPPELGANGER

@RMan72: +1:12.556
@bjl23: +1:00.494
@smoothbore12 +59.201

GOODWOOD HILLCLIMB TROPHY - STRATOS '73

@lfm58: 56.188
@smoothbore12: 56.795
@RMan72: 56.928

GT DRAFTMASTER - 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Pikes

@RMan72: 4:20.350

TRUE SUPERHERO

@RMan72: 6:56.940
@bjl23: 7:00.456

DINO RIDER

@RMan72: 1:41.268
@lfm58: 1:41.676
@smoothbore12: 1:43.886
@bjl23: 1:44.995

STEER STAMPEDER

WHEEL KILLER

@Racin510s: + 30.969

PEAK SPEEDVISIONARY

ALPINE VGT TROPHY

@lfm58: 5 points - 11:33.274

SNOWSTALLION

@RMan72: +55.237
@smoothbore12: +30.255
@bjl23: +28.310

DREAM CHAMPION

@lfm58: P1 - 4:46.931
@RMan72: P1 - 4:47.312
@smoothbore12 : P2

RAGING BULLRIDER

@lfm58: 1:42.464
@RMan72: 1:43.122
@smoothbore12: 1:44.845

PRANCE INSTRUCTOR

@lfm58: 50.055
@RMan72: 47.708

Last edited:
Did someone knows how many miles you have to run a car to bring it back in stock hp and pp after changing the oils ? I try the VGT Alpine mostly to " learn " the track but its on change oil effect .
In the very first trys .......... i collect aaaaaallllllll the plastic columns looking for a recycle bin to put them in.
And of course .......ill never gonna win this ( but damn this car sounds so good)
Can you just lower the power limiter to get the original PP/HP

Remember this is a 'Restricted' event - special rules - and exclusive to a special group of people.
The car must be a 'stock' Alpine VGT - no oil change, no touching of any of the car settings. As with most restricted events it is also to truly investigate the car's stock potential.
You may need to buy a new car to seriously stick to the regulations - a point of honour of course, since we cannot verify anything a player is doing in these restricted events.
Honour doesn't come cheap - but is an invaluable commodity. Go for it. :)

ALPINE VGT TROPHY
Whoosier Rule Off. Event designed by photonrider. Eligible entries from Licenced GTHunters only (player has 3 or more trophies.)

Venue: CAREER MODE/International A/Dream Car Championship/Race 4 - Circuit de la Sarthe
Objective: Highest points. If tied then faster finish by player. POINTS: Win = 3 Points. For each of the following AI in the field =1 Point ; Faulkner, Molinari, Carpentier. Maximum : 6 Points
Vehicle: Stock ALPINE VGT Race Mode (599 PP/443 HP - RH tires)
Regulations: No Car Settings allowed. SRF off, all other Driver Settings as desired.

:eek:

How is it I have only just discovered this thread :confused:

I haven't played GT6 in well over a year - probably closer to 2 years but, these little challenges are very tempting 💡

My thumbs are twitching for some reason 👍👍 :mischievous:
Now, just to find the time :rolleyes:

Time is my bugbear too - mostly reserved to actually hosting the events now without having the time to get at the PS3 myself.
Not surprised you haven't seen this thread before - one of the oldest active threads at GTP - since many players have told me that before. GTPlanet is a pretty big place really, and quite often members are stuck in a particular niche - The Opinions Forum, for instance, or the Rumble Strip or Infield. Then again - there are those in the gaming sub forums that have never heard of the Infield, either. :lol:
Welcome to the project - feel free to compete anytime you want, whether in one event or several. 👍

I am a bit rusty at the moment, so it might be a while before I hit my straps.

Lots of time left - we still have a whole week to go before the round ends, so maybe still a chance to pick up a trophy.
There's no doubt any leader board from you will cause a stir. :sly:

both of us are suffering serious health issues. If I win the race I posted my time for does mean my 3rd title?

Yes, if there are no more entries for that event (or if there are but they don't beat you) you will win the title.
Again, there is still time before the events close, so it is also possible for a new player (unlicenced GTHunter) to come along and challenge you. There are also 2 more unlicensed Titles up for grabs without a single leader board so a great chance for at least two new players to grab titles without being overly challenged by aliens for it.

Good luck, all! Will swing back later today to update the OP officially with the latest standings as we go into the final week of these quite exciting and hectic battles taking place.

You guys rock. :cheers:
H.

Remember this is a 'Restricted' event - special rules - and exclusive to a special group of people.
The car must be a 'stock' Alpine VGT - no oil change, no touching of any of the car settings. As with most restricted events it is also to truly investigate the car's stock potential.
You may need to buy a new car to seriously stick to the regulations - a point of honour of course, since we cannot verify anything a player is doing in these restricted events.
Honour doesn't come cheap - but is an invaluable commodity. Go for it. :)

ALPINE VGT TROPHY
Whoosier Rule Off. Event designed by photonrider. Eligible entries from Licenced GTHunters only (player has 3 or more trophies.)

Venue: CAREER MODE/International A/Dream Car Championship/Race 4 - Circuit de la Sarthe
Objective: Highest points. If tied then faster finish by player. POINTS: Win = 3 Points. For each of the following AI in the field =1 Point ; Faulkner, Molinari, Carpentier. Maximum : 6 Points
Vehicle: Stock ALPINE VGT Race Mode (599 PP/443 HP - RH tires)
Regulations: No Car Settings allowed. SRF off, all other Driver Settings as desired.

Time is my bugbear too - mostly reserved to actually hosting the events now without having the time to get at the PS3 myself.
Not surprised you haven't seen this thread before - one of the oldest active threads at GTP - since many players have told me that before. GTPlanet is a pretty big place really, and quite often members are stuck in a particular niche - The Opinions Forum, for instance, or the Rumble Strip or Infield. Then again - there are those in the gaming sub forums that have never heard of the Infield, either. :lol:
Welcome to the project - feel free to compete anytime you want, whether in one event or several. 👍

Lots of time left - we still have a whole week to go before the round ends, so maybe still a chance to pick up a trophy.

Yes, if there are no more entries for that event (or if there are but they don't beat you) you will win the title.
Again, there is still time before the events close, so it is also possible for a new player (unlicenced GTHunter) to come along and challenge you. There are also 2 more unlicensed Titles up for grabs without a single leader board so a great chance for at least two new players to grab titles without being overly challenged by aliens for it.

Good luck, all! Will swing back later today to update the OP officially with the latest standings as we go into the final week of these quite exciting and hectic battles taking place.

You guys rock. :cheers:
H.
I used to spend my GT6 related time in the Tuning section & made some good friends there.

These past few years, I find myself telling people that if they have any spare time, I'm buying.

I think it will be next week before I start doing some of your challenges photonrider 👍. For some reason GTS has change the way I drive in GT6 now, and I need to do all the races in Career Mode to get better :).

@photonrider , don't worry " boss" , am aware of the rules in the VGT .
I try yesterday @bjl23 advice but things don't much , i get lower hp in 599 pp and 600pp for the stock hp.
Just training and probably i' ll by a new one when am ready for some serious action on this one.
From what i see till now if you don' t follow someone in the straights.........you are a dead meat.
As for me , maybe i had a chance only with Carpentier inside but will see at the end.

Ps
I give up with the vette C7 race......noway to be first and the times of the Big Boys here shows how hard it is

Last edited:
No molinary .....no Carpentier or faulkner ...... at least i did it

ALPINE VGT first decent try after many attempts

IMG_20180604_205050.jpg

How the _$#%\$# you guys can deal molinary or faulkner ? :confused:

I made one try only with AMG inside .......it was on my tail on the 3 lap ......try to pause the race to rest my thump and press the ps button :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Try later to find him alone but nooooo....... @bjl23 you infected my gt6 with the doppelganger virus.:ouch:

PEAK SPEEDVISIONARY Fastest AI was the '99 V12 BMW. I love that Alpine GT, almost had a 4 wheel drift trying to catch the V12 on the last lap. It was all I could do. My blood pressure is way bad. I have had 11 extreme cardiac events in the last 2 weeks. 248/178 is heart attack stroke territory. Going to the cardiologist. May not be back for a while. @skeagracing is having 2 back surgeries. We are just OLD. I'm 62 and he's 73.

Attachments

• 20180605_194124[1].jpg
    20180605_194124[1].jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 14
PEAK SPEEDVISIONARY Fastest AI was the '99 V12 BMW. I love that Alpine GT, almost had a 4 wheel drift trying to catch the V12 on the last lap. It was all I could do. My blood pressure is way bad. I have had 11 extreme cardiac events in the last 2 weeks. 248/178 is heart attack stroke territory. Going to the cardiologist. May not be back for a while. @skeagracing is having 2 back surgeries. We are just OLD. I'm 62 and he's 73.
I hope everything goes well my friend.

Last edited:
Sad to hear, I hope you and @skeagracing a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys, I am just hoping that no one else challenges my 2 runs since I don't know when i'll be able to come back. I go to the cardiologist first then to a neurologist. I have been going through morphine withdrawals since May 1st. Finally I convinced my VA doctors to get me off all these drugs I have been on for so long. I was on 150mg of morphine everyday for 6 years and a half year at 87.5 mg. Morphine is the worst opiate to withdraw from, even worse than heroin. It completely rewires your brain and your entire body. So I am in extreme pain because of my back injury and the pain as well as the morphine being out of my system has attacked my heart. I also found out that I have COPD, 40% of my right lung is not functional. Years of chemicals like carb cleaner, brakleen, auto exhaust, jet exhaust from the Navy, and smoking. I have almost completely stopped smoking, even though I have 2 people in the house that still smoke. The physical withdrawal was terrible, but the reformatting of my brain is even worse. I just happened to be calm tonight and I looked to see what the other unlicensed races were. Since I love the Alpine I went for it. I had a good drive had to bump 3 wide down the straight at 207 mph then slid into the sand, but was going fast enough I only lost 1 position. The last lap was a blast. I passed the Jag at the 2nd chicane and was I think 12 sec. behind the V12 , I had a great run through the last curves on the way to the finish. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll at least get my 3rd title. until later Shalom.

Thanks guys, I am just hoping that no one else challenges my 2 runs since I don't know when i'll be able to come back. I go to the cardiologist first then to a neurologist. I have been going through morphine withdrawals since May 1st. Finally I convinced my VA doctors to get me off all these drugs I have been on for so long. I was on 150mg of morphine everyday for 6 years and a half year at 87.5 mg. Morphine is the worst opiate to withdraw from, even worse than heroin. It completely rewires your brain and your entire body. So I am in extreme pain because of my back injury and the pain as well as the morphine being out of my system has attacked my heart. I also found out that I have COPD, 40% of my right lung is not functional. Years of chemicals like carb cleaner, brakleen, auto exhaust, jet exhaust from the Navy, and smoking. I have almost completely stopped smoking, even though I have 2 people in the house that still smoke. The physical withdrawal was terrible, but the reformatting of my brain is even worse. I just happened to be calm tonight and I looked to see what the other unlicensed races were. Since I love the Alpine I went for it. I had a good drive had to bump 3 wide down the straight at 207 mph then slid into the sand, but was going fast enough I only lost 1 position. The last lap was a blast. I passed the Jag at the 2nd chicane and was I think 12 sec. behind the V12 , I had a great run through the last curves on the way to the finish. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll at least get my 3rd title. until later Shalom.
That's pretty friggin heavy mate but, I wish you a full & speedy recovery.

Hope to see you back here soon & in full health. All the best.

Latest Posts

Back