GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying in game credits doesn't affect me. And honestly this is the way every game will go, I hate it but it's called capitalism for a reason. I don't know why you'd buy a game just to turn around and buy the prizes... Why buy the game in the 1st place?

@Thom Lee and @TokoTurismo

I respect you guys. But I'm not ok with that. PD isn't a indie developer who needs squeeze every single cent. They are ridiculously well funded and this kind of policy alienates me as a consumer. Sorry, but all those fine words about "vision", "passion", "GT way", "Kaz is an artist" dies when the game is going to be released unfinished and will sell credits for extra money.

Keep in mind - 7 million CR is not a lot... I know with certain games, you could only purchase 'in game credits' once, and that was it. So imagine you get a one-time 7mil. CR boost... that's not even enough to buy some of the really expensive cars. What's the total net worth of every single car combined in GT5? Something on the order of several hundred of million.

I don't think grinding for cash will be going anywhere.

I respect you guys. But I'm not ok with that. PD isn't a indie developer who needs squeeze every single cent. They are ridiculously well funded and this kind of policy alienates me as a consumer. Sorry, but all those fine words about "vision", "passion", "GT way", "Kaz is an artist" dies when the game is going to be released unfinished and will sell credits for extra money.
It's not like they are a forcing you to buy them dude, Jeeze get a grip!
I know I won't be buying them, doesn't mean I don't want the game!

The game will release unfinished, BUT will be finished via free DLC packages. That isn't including cars and tracks, but the gps course maker and things like that. Only people that might benefit is your Internet provider.

Honestly I don't care for the buying credits thing, it's not a feature I would want or use but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be there as there are others who would want and use it. As previously mentioned, it's about consumer choice - you can choose to make use of it or not. If not then it doesn't affect you in any way so there's really no point in getting upset about it's inclusion and I'm sure it's not a feature that would have come at the expense of any other feature.

Indeed, since I won't buy the game anymore.

And don't be fooled. This is just the beginning.
Man of strong principles which is respectable 👍, but let's be honest; as soon as you step out of your door, you are surrounded by corporations and multinationals that want to suck every last penny out of you, whilst they give you the bare minimum in return... :boggled:

General trend sadly.

Man of strong principles which is respectable 👍, but let's be honest; as soon as you step out of your door, you are surrounded by corporations and multinationals that want to suck every last penny out of you, whilst they give you the bare minimum in return... :boggled:

General trend sadly.

True, but I tend to buy finished stuff. And only go paying along for services, not products.

That's it. With this nonsense of in-game credits GT is dead to me. Moving on to pCARS, I guess.

Oh no, c'mon... just be away from it and that's cool.

Plus, pCars will never be like GT... it's just another PC sim, with all PC sim boring stuff... little car selection, etc, etc

And well, that's gaming in 2013... they are companies after all.

And remember, it's not Kaz... it's Sony.

It's optional.

They aren't forcing it down your throat. This is the first time I've seen something like this get such a negative reaction.

I said before I don't mind it, but meant it as if hypothetically that's their solution for grinding which it's probably isn't.

edit: let me rephrase, If they're improving the A-spec events so it would involve less grinding as well as introduce the new buy credits method then sure why not, however if their only solution to making money faster is by buying credits then that's appaling.

Last edited:
True, but I tend to buy finished stuff. And only go paying along for services, not products.
How does this affect how finished the game will be at launch? Not sure what you mean that you only pay for services not products, I'm sure the compute/tablet/smartphone your using to access the internet is a product as are most things you will use on a day to day basis.

So do you plan on buying the game after all the "core dlc"has surfaced? By then you could probably get the game around $40.

Sounds like a plan.

Oh no, c'mon... just be away from it and that's cool.

Plus, pCars will never be like GT... it's just another PC sim, with all PC sim boring stuff... little car selection, etc, etc

And well, that's gaming in 2013... they are companies after all.

And remember, it's not Kaz... it's Sony.

Sorry, but this logic don't sound right. Everything that is good, is Kaz. Everything that is bad, is Sony.

And, to be fair, their selection of racing cars looks more interesting than GT6's.

How does this affect how finished the game will be at launch? Not sure what you mean that you only pay for services not products, I'm sure the compute/tablet/smartphone your using to access the internet is a product as are most things you will use on a day to day basis.

I'm not sure that I understand.

To be clear: GT6 will be unfinished at launch, something that I could accept. But the idea of sell in-game credits for real money insults me. It is something that I could take from a indie and small developer, but never from a triple AAA title.

That "OK, don't spend your money on credits then", isn't enough. Games with this kind of feature are develop to get more money from the players and this compromises my experience, so GT6 won't be an option for me.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to people. Of all the games you could buy credits in I think gt would be near the bottom of how much it affects the rest of us. In GTA online I don't see this much complaining about buying money but in that game bullets cost over $3 each and you lose $2000 (did they lower it?) each time you die. The only way I could see a legitimate reason to give up on a game just for that would be if say, call of duty decided to make a minigun with dual automatic noob-toobs and cost a million dollars when the rest of the weapons cost only thousands. That would ruin online and definitely be pay to win. In gt6, we might get some bad drivers in lambos right out of the gate. Not a big deal.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to people. Of all the games you could buy credits in I think gt would be near the bottom of how much it affects the rest of us. In GTA online I don't see this much complaining about buying money but in that game bullets cost over $3 each and you lose $2000 (did they lower it?) each time you die. The only way I could see a legitimate reason to give up on a game just for that would be if say, call of duty decided to make a minigun with dual automatic noob-toobs and cost a million dollars when the rest of the weapons cost only thousands. That would ruin online and definitely be pay to win. In gt6, we might get some bad drivers in lambos right out of the gate. Not a big deal.

As I said, as far as GT goes, It is just the beginning.

Dying costs $500 in freemode now, and guns/tanks etc. are only available when you reach a certain level, like 120 for the minigun and 70 for the tank, so that people can't just have everything in the game at level 5.

I'm not sure that I understand.

To be clear: GT6 will be unfinished at launch, something that I could accept. But the idea of sell in-game credits for real money insults me. It is something that I could take from a indie and small developer, but never from a triple AAA title.

That "OK, don't spend your money on credits then", isn't enough. Games with this kind of feature are develop to get more money from the players and this compromises my experience, so GT6 won't be an option for me.
That's fine, your point didn't come across in your other post though. I agree that this direction being taken by game developers isn't a great direction, while it allows players to play games more in their own way its taking a lot more money for them to do so. That said, PD are not the only or first game developer to do this, EA have been doing this for ages and Turn 10 always hold completed content back to release as DLC, look at Forza Horizon, it featured the same model cars as Forza 4 but a lot of cars from Forza 4 were released as pad for DLC in Forza Horizon. This won't stop me buying GT6 though, I just won't buy Credits from the PS Store.

More money, less time. What's the issue?
Exactly, you're paying more to spend less time using the product. I don't like the direction the industry is going but the bottom line is that this is direction it's going in and am fine with that even if I don't like it.

I am pretty much against modern gaming, it really is disgusting the way it is going. But, until we see another video games industry crash, companies will continue to try and milk fools as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back