GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we'll hear about it soon. Although I really don't understand that if they can put it on the store why won't it be available on PS4.. really the only reason I'm not buying a PS4 at this point. I understand that they have optimized it for PS3 and want to start fresh on PS4 but money is money to be honest.
They wouldn't do that at release because they want the PS4 and the games on it to look drastically improved over the PS3 iterations.
If, at release, ported GT6 PS4 videos started showing up on youtube and folks compared them to FM5 on XB1, Sony wouldn't look very good.

2 remarks; not really a fan of them letting you buy ingame credits with real money... where are the days you spend 60 bucks on a game and that was it? All big business nowadays and MS setting the trend.

The other one is the article mentions that you will be able to take pics of your fine machine on Puente Nueva in Ronda (the bridge), now that i think of it when i was there 2 weeks ago i saw a brand new black dodge challenger driving over that very same bridge, so it was a bit of a GT photomode moment for real! :dopey: (Never saw that car before in real life).

2 remarks; not really a fan of them letting you buy ingame credits with real money... where are the days you spend 60 bucks on a game and that was it? All big business nowadays and MS setting the trend.

Um, it's every consumer's choice whether or not to purchase in-game credits with real money (in any game), the same goes for DLC. It's not shoved down your throat, if you don't like it, that's fine, it's just the way the games industry is going now. Micro-transactions are in.

Um, it's every consumer's choice whether or not to purchase in-game credits with real money (in any game), the same goes for DLC. It's not shoved down your throat, if you don't like it, that's fine, it's just the way the games industry is going now. Micro-transactions are in.
True; but the downside of this is that i bet more and more developers will release 70% of the game at first, and let you shelve out extra to acquire the other 30%, whereas they used to give you the full experience from the get go.

Not saying PD does this, and in good fate i do believe they are still developing the cars and tracks they will put up for DLC later on, but surely some of them will and take advantage of it...

I'm feeling pretty damn negative about buying credits. As long as they don't shove it in your face like SHIFT II we are all good.

True; but the downside of this is that i bet more and more developers will release 70% of the game at first, and let you shelve out extra to acquire the other 30%, whereas they used to give you the full experience from the get go.

Not saying PD does this, and in good fate i do believe they are still developing the cars and tracks they will put up for DLC later on, but surely some of them will and take advantage of it...

Well would you rather pay a subscription for an incomplete game?

I don't see the problem with having the option to buy ingame money. Not everyone feels like/has the time to grind hours on end to get the money to buy one of the more expensive cars.

I'm feeling pretty damn negative about buying credits. As long as they don't shove it in your face like SHIFT II we are all good.

GTA does it (although it's online) I get very picky about such stuff but if someone sees himself so hopeless in a game that he decides to spend real cash to improve himself then it's his money.

I see the purchasable credits from PSN as a bonus for anyone who're struggling to gain certain cars they want, but free to buy it whenever they think is necessary (or not). I mean sure there's the seasonal events too, where you may gain lot's of credits from as well. ;)

GTA is also providing it's actual DLC for free for the packs they have planned.

You won't have to buy credits in GT6, but I imagine it would take the grinding out of the game, and also throw a bit back at supporting PD (which might also go towards (some) DLC being free... possibly).

GTA is also providing it's actual DLC for free for the packs they have planned.

You won't have to buy credits in GT6, but I imagine it would take the grinding out of the game, and also throw a bit back at supporting PD (which might also go towards (some) DLC being free... possibly).

It's a rather lazy and "Sneaky" solution to grinding. If that's their solution to grinding then that's disgusting.

I've heard some rumours that GT6 may be out on November 29th-30th. Makes sense when the presentation is on December 2nd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back