GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site founder here, Jordan, is going to the announcement and said he for sure was gonna get some game time on something. But what console it would be on is the big question.

Excellent news, hopefully he'll be able to update the site as news starts to filter through. Only 30 more minutes to wait!

BKT4UuYCMAAev8x.jpg:large

Gran turismo 6 on the way.

Any conformation on this?

Some of the cars at the event are:
Ford GT
Ford Focus ST Mk. III
KTM X-Bow RR 2013
KTM X-Bow GT 2013
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG (W176) 2013
Mercedes Benz Black Falcon Racing SLS AMG GT3 (C197) 2011 (VLN SP8/FIA GT3)

BKT2-tSCIAAb9P_.jpg:large

ItsAllAboutWins
Shouldn't matter to you. You said if its on ps3, you're sitting out. Guess you'll have to wait for gt7 to find out.

I'm buying it for sure, I can't remember of saying that ;)

Rollcage!

770496399.jpg

Question is though, is that a road car or a race car? It looks like a road car with extensive aero, but it also has that tow ring in front, and the text on the tyres looks suspicious too.

Rollcage!

770496399.jpg

Question is though, is that a road car or a race car? It looks like a road car with extensive aero, but it also has that tow ring in front, and the text on the tyres looks suspicious too.

The roll cage kind of gives it away. It's definitely a racing car. Looks exactly like this SLS GT3 render from 2011 (Which Isn't related to GT):

Large%20Image.jpg

Last edited:
whoaa so its true then ? GT6 on PS3 ? is that a RM'ed SLS or the GT3 one ?

Last edited:
The roll cage kind of gives it away. It's definitely a racing car. Looks exactly like this SLS GT3 render from 2011 (Which Isn't related to GT):

Looks pretty much spot on. Thanks for clarifying 👍

not to be a dick but, how can you guys be so sure ? the graphics is beautiful ! or maybe i just underestimated the PS3 :lol:

No, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing and have maintained this for months. It's just makes sense at this point, BUT, who knows. 50/50 chance.

No, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing and have maintained this for months. It's just makes sense at this point, BUT, who knows. 50/50 chance.

yeah, actually i'm thinking the same, i probably going to get flamed for saying this but i hope it's on PS3

Apparently we will be able to use the GPS feature to create our own tracks. Would be a cool way to make a rough replica of your local track or country roads for rally stages. Who knows how deep this will be but it is pretty groundbreaking if it turns out to be true.

Also, it's going to be released on PS3, PS4 and Vita ;)

EDIT:
8879f6c8ac35e98a68adc8c9ae76f69e.jpg

Alternatively the GPS feature will just be used for Data Acquisition as we saw in demo a few years ago. Less excited but still pretty cool.

Last edited:
yeah, actually i'm thinking the same, i probably going to get flamed for saying this but i hope it's on PS3

It really doesn't make commercial sense to be a PS3 title if it's the same window as PS4 launch. Also if it's PS3 then it will only really be GT5.5 for obvious reasons.

Apparently we will be able to use the GPS feature to create our own tracks. Would be a cool way to make a rough replica of your local track or country roads for rally stages. Who knows how deep this will be but it is pretty groundbreaking if it turns out to be true.

Also, it's going to be released on PS3, PS4 and Vita ;)

EDIT:
BKUAqofCYAArBj5.jpg

Alternatively the GPS feature will just be used for Data Acquisition as we saw in demo a few years ago. Less excited but still pretty cool.

man, its gonna be a big difference between the PS3 and the PS4

It really doesn't make commercial sense to be a PS3 title if it's the same window as PS4 launch. Also if it's PS3 then it will only really be GT5.5 for obvious reasons.

I have provided tons of rational in the past, but this one sticks out the most: Why announce GT6 on a PS4 which is not available for months (approx. 7+-) If that's the case, the wind will be knocked out of the sails pretty quick. Just means another long wait ahead. It's putting the cart before the horse. But either way, I'm in.

Wait, was there supposed to be a live video feed or am I imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back