GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, PD have got teams of staff all working on and completing tracks month on month? I doubt it.

Yes.. is this something new to you? There are staff designated to work on specifics. What isnt known, is how many there are.

Not just working on those tracks but they already knew last month that they wouldn't be finished on time for the release but they are confident enough one will be finished every month for a few months?

Yeah right. Very convenient.

DLC is here to stay so we'd better get used to it. DLC tracks ready to go in the first month aren't necessarily ready on launch day. You can get a lot of work done in a month if you focus on it, so while I'm sure some actually are ready to go on launch day, others are in various stages of completion. As long as we get them and the DLC is not priced outrageously I'm happy to be getting more and more content. I expect the DLC will be $15 or less.

DLC is here to stay?

Nonsense, customer is king, it's only "here to stay" if we follow your advice and "get used to it".

Yes.. is this something new to you? There are staff designated to work on specifics. What isnt known, is how many there are.

What isn't known is that there are teams finishing tracks each month.

Highly doubt that.[/QUOTE

Well I seem to remember reading or hearing something from the launch that PD were considering releasing downloadable course creator tracks made by themselves. I think it's unlikely they'd charge for those.

Well I seem to remember reading or hearing something from the launch that PD were considering releasing downloadable course creator tracks made by themselves. I think it's unlikely they'd charge for those.
Actually, there were a couple Course Maker layouts that were left of out the launch version of GT5 like with the point-to-point feature and I think a reverse feature for any layout. No one's sure why this had to happen.

Getting free tracks seems unlikely; getting free Course Maker layouts seems possible. We did get free cars as DLC, but that seems it was from having partnerships with certain manufacturers.

I hope that's true. There were some great seasonal course creator tracks from PD in GT5.

Given the cryptic nature of practically all PD statements, I doubt we'll actually be seeing a DLC track each month, rather a DLC each month which may be comprised of a track, cars, photo travel location, course creator environment or any combination of these.

Given the cryptic nature of practically all PD statements, I doubt we'll actually be seeing a DLC track each month, rather a DLC each month which may be comprised of a track, cars, photo travel location, course creator environment or any combination of these.

I would normally agree with this, however, the statement which specifically claims that there will be a "New track" each month has been stated multiple times by multiple different official PD/Sony representatives, including the North American representative, whose native language appears to be english. So I'm still quite optimistic.

No, they were quite clear about that one. Track DLC every month.

The only way I realistically see it lasting longer than about 3 months is recycling some of the GT4 tracks we missed out on in GT5. Which will be terrible, and I really hope they have a better plan.

You're kidding aren't you?

I kid you not.

So, PD have got teams of staff all working on and completing tracks month on month? I doubt it.

The tracks aren't created by magic so one would assume that people are working on creating tracks yes.

DLC is here to stay?

Nonsense, customer is king, it's only "here to stay" if we follow your advice and "get used to it".

I believe you are missing the point. This can only go two ways.

1. They make regular DLC and make enough money to make it worthwhile. This is pretty easy. They don't have to make scads of money to make it worthwhile but any income flowing in between releases helps to pay the overhead, wages etc. So yes, the DLC will keep coming.

2. They sell very little DLC or at least not enough to be worth bothering. In which case content development on GT6 ceases as it did on GT5 and you get no new, or very little DLC.

Personally I hope enough people buy the DLC to keep it flowing and I'd bet on it as well, so long as the quality is there. I'd much rather have more content for GT6 than wait for it in GT7.

So yes, it's here to stay. When it stops, the next DLC you get of any significance is GT7.

Last edited:
Not just working on those tracks but they already knew last month that they wouldn't be finished on time for the release but they are confident enough one will be finished every month for a few months?

Yeah right. Very convenient.
Samus, I know you love to complain, but I also know you know how this system works. Within several weeks some-odd of release, all work is buttoned down and finalized, which means no new stuff gets added into the game, and they give this "gold" build to testers to break every way they can, and performance test it on the console. This means a car or track that's not going to make the schedule is off the docket, and is put off for DLC, even if it does manage to only slip by a day or so. These devs build their games on what they know is going to be done in time, and if crucial content isn't, you get a delay.

Jeepers...

GT5 launched what 2 years ago,shouldn't this mean we will get 24 different new tracks? either that or like you said they could be intentionally holding back content .
Don't forget that there are a ton of cars to deal with, especially with some people complaining endlessly about the Standards. These will take time to remodel too, not to mention the Premiumizing they will probably be doing with track building all along.

I just want lots of tracks. Dlc or not. Spa was worth my money. Route X was also. And Motegi. If you don't think the same thats fine, everyone sees things in their own light. I doubt we will get a new track every month. I think they might be remakes of classic tracks along with real world tracks and possible creator track themes.

Samus, I know you love to complain, but I also know you know how this system works. Within several weeks some-odd of release, all work is buttoned down and finalized, which means no new stuff gets added into the game, and they give this "gold" build to testers to break every way they can, and performance test it on the console. This means a car or track that's not going to make the schedule is off the docket, and is put off for DLC, even if it does manage to only slip by a day or so. These devs build their games on what they know is going to be done in time, and if crucial content isn't, you get a delay.

Jeepers...

Don't forget that there are a ton of cars to deal with, especially with some people complaining endlessly about the Standards. These will take time to remodel too, not to mention the Premiumizing they will probably be doing with track building all along.

A few weeks? The game is still months away, it won't be going gold until a month before release, likely September at the earliest. Plenty of time left yet already PD know they'll have enough tracks to knock out one a month after release but not for release.

It stinks and you know it.

It stinks and you know it.
No, I don't, especially since, as I said, there has been such a grumpfest with a bunch of people wanting every car to be Premium. Those cars won't model themselves. (And since some hypersensitive drama queens around here would probably take offense at me even mentioning a certain game company, no matter how innocuously, I'll just leave it at that.)

Just a few hours to go. Why don't you try and cheer up a bit and get in the spirit of anticipation or something? I'm lucky I'm sick and have an excuse to be home from work tomorrow, Cough. ;)

Last edited:
I don't care if there all the cars a premium, I just want them to stop lying and get rid of all the little special edition Japanese cars they have that make the game have "over 1100 cars". In all honesty, GT3 cars and what I just said, that would make me a GT6 fan of life.

Looking forward to seeing GT6 today, hahaha. Not sure what the grumps are on about as usual, but I don't care. :sly: I'm just dying to hear some info already, finally E3 is today. 👍

Looking forward to seeing GT6 today, hahaha. Not sure what the grumps are on about as usual, but I don't care. :sly: I'm just dying to hear some info already, finally E3 is today. 👍

Same here... I'm so hyped that I think I won't be able to study today!

I would normally agree with this, however, the statement which specifically claims that there will be a "New track" each month has been stated multiple times by multiple different official PD/Sony representatives, including the North American representative, whose native language appears to be english. So I'm still quite optimistic.

No, they were quite clear about that one. Track DLC every month.

The only way I realistically see it lasting longer than about 3 months is recycling some of the GT4 tracks we missed out on in GT5. Which will be terrible, and I really hope they have a better plan.

Yeah I realize this, but unfortunately I still doubt we'll actually see a track a month - even with bringing back the 'old' tracks from previous GT's (which I'd be very happy with) - maybe we will for the first couple of months though. I'm normally quite optimistic about these things but for some reason I'm not much this time.
However I would be stoked to be proved wrong. :D

I'm still not too sold on this either,I'll happily be proven wrong but I really doubt the standard cars will be much different,but anyway they will still be modeling new cars come release as DLC also

No, I don't, especially since, as I said, there has been such a grumpfest with a bunch of people wanting every car to be Premium. Those cars won't model themselves. (And since some hypersensitive drama queens around here would probably take offense at me even mentioning a certain game company, no matter how innocuously, I'll just leave it at that.)

Just a few hours to go. Why don't you try and cheer up a bit and get in the spirit of anticipation or something? I'm lucky I'm sick and have an excuse to be home from work tomorrow, Cough. ;)

Way to completely avoid the points I made and talk about something else.👍

I know there is a demo at E3 but does anyone know when we will be able to download it?

And Samus why always so negative and inflamatory? you remind me of Simonk

Last edited:
Way to completely avoid the points I made and talk about something else.👍
Dude, look, I think we speak the same language pretty well. Polyphony only has so many modelers, meaning they can only model so many things in any given time period. And with more than 700 Standard cars to spruce up, I bet that's not a small workload. I will go ahead and ask if you've been as miffy over a certain competitor which had more than 400 people working on it, but had very few new tracks and not all that many new cars, and had a whole pile of new cars show up as DLC.

I've never really cared what either team has been doing with their time. I just buy the games and complain about things of actual substance. Unlike a number of people here who make a career out of complaining about every aspect of Gran Turismo as if it was the only game series with issues.

Dude, look, I think we speak the same language pretty well. Polyphony only has so many modelers, meaning they can only model so many things in any given time period. And with more than 700 Standard cars to spruce up, I bet that's not a small workload. I will go ahead and ask if you've been as miffy over a certain competitor which had more than 400 people working on it, but had very few new tracks and not all that many new cars, and had a whole pile of new cars show up as DLC.

It's very rare that vehicle modellers and environment modellers cross over, FYI. Vehicle modellers are skilled in what they do, environment modellers do what they do. Anyway all of that is not really relevent to the main point which is that the game is at least five months away from having to be finished, six before they announced they game and yet they already know they'll have several tracks ready to go as DLC.

For arguments sake let's say the game is coming out in October. They need the game to be finished in around September. So there we were in May, PD were preparing an announcement for the game. One of the things they decide to announced is monthly track DLC. So somehow in April or whenever they put the presentation ideas together they knew that several tracks would not be finished in time for September but somehow they know that conveniently they'll all become finished in the few months after. You really don't see the issue there?

They'll have had nearly 3 years since GT5 released, 5 years before that for modelling or updating tracks. You're telling me they couldn't get these tracks finished in those eight years but no, by sheer coincidence and bad timing they're all going to suddenly be complete within 6 months of the disc going gold. Yeah right.

..and yes, the other company do annoy me with some of their similar practices, of course. That's sorta the point here though, if they or any other company came out and announced a DLC schedule 6 months before the game even released people would be up in arms, and rightly so. However PD do it and somehow yet again they get a free pass because of their size. Which by the way is still a heck of a lot more than Slightly Mad who in the same time frame of three years will have more tracks in their game than PD have produced in eight. So what's your excuse now? Either the track modellers at PD are very inefficient or they're holding back finished tracks for DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back