GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how much harder it is to accrue in-game credits in GT6 i.e. does it take considerably more effort in GT6 to acquire 1 million credits that it does in GT5? If not, then it would be not only the height of laziness to buy in-game credits, but also somewhat frivolous too, especially if B-Spec Bob can be put to work to earn credits for you.

Incidentally, I pre-ordered GT6 today. So much for all those useful things I was planning to do with my life.

Who ever buys those needs his head checked.

Some people might not care to play the game as intented.

Some might prefer to have all the cats available for them to take photos right awayinstead of wasting time in griding when they could spend that time photoshoppin.

Some others might just be interested in tuning the cars early on because the are already good enought at the game and dont feel they need to go through those licences for the 6th time in 15 years.. ( come to think of it, this is more than we do in real life !)

Some others might just want to drift at their leisure with any cars, and they are just not interested with the "baby" stuff.

As for me, i will be griding the disk, its box and the booklet because i am not skill enought even after playing the game since GT2, and becaue i am too cheap and sheep enought to follow PD yellow brick road... (altho i will not have the guideline turn on, nor any aids except for ABS @1, i still have some pride you know!)

If i didnt have those principles or priorities, believe me i would buy thise credits like no tomorrow.

Edit: sorry for all the typos, i am using my phone to type... am correcting my post now.

Just been looking through the last 4 or 5 pages of news and haven't seen it so thought I'd post...

Someone's doing a GT6 career walkthrough on YouTube. There's already over 30 parts...

Much of GT6's soundtrack is also up on YT courtesy of
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shirrako/videos

Nothing as yet ref online - as expected, this is going to be a day 1 patch.

Purely on the discussion side and I don't want to whine (I've done so for years), it'd be great to know if the online lobby time trial leaderboards can be saved and can carry over between lobby sessions. I personally got a kick out of time trialling and competing against friends only through the leaderboards in GT5P and GTHD, so I really want the new car clubs functionality to feature some kind of online leaderboard persistence. Anyway, just saying...

On a purely graphical / technical perspective... Looks like there's a fair bit more pop-in than GT5 - some of it (like the buildings on Brands Hatch) is a bit ugly. Frame tearing and flickery shadows persist - the latter again, a bit ugly in places. Otherwise, the smoke / dirt effects are very much improved in GT6 which is great. "Standard" cars are also so much better looking now... Hope you all enjoy the new game, I'm sure I will.

Some people might not care to play the game as intented.

Some might prefer to have all the cats available for them to take photos right awayinstead of wasting time in griding when they could spend that time photoshoppin.

Some others might just be interested in tuning the cars early on because the are already good enought at the game and dont feel they need to go through those licences for the 6th time in 15 years.. ( come to think of it, this is more than we do in real life !)

Some others might just want to drift at their leisure with any cars, and they are just not interested with the "baby" stuff.

As for me, i will be griding the disk, its box and the booklet because i am not skill enought even after playing the game since GT2, and becaue i am too cheap and sheep enought to follow PD yellow brick road... (altho i will not have the guideline turn on, nor any aids except for ABS @1, i still have some pride you know!)

If i didnt have those principles or priorities, believe me i would buy thise credits like no tomorrow.

Edit: sorry for all the typos, i am using my phone to type... am correcting my post now.

Not buying that, no matter how rich you are buying in game credits at these prices is frankly idiotic.

Awwww yeah.

Attachments

• IMG_20131204_164322.jpg
    IMG_20131204_164322.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 9
Not buying that, no matter how rich you are buying in game credits at these prices is frankly idiotic.
Sounds like what you're not buying is that to some people $50-100 is the same as $1-2 to other people. The "cost" of something is an absolute number, the value of that same cost to each individual is relative to their wealth and to the opportunity cost of not spending that money ie. time. Its all relative.

I never intended to buy credits anyways but I seriously hope no one considers buying credits. That's even worse than the Forza deal if IIRC and that's a horrible deal also. Shame on whoever thought that was a good idea.

Yeah the prices are really steep and yeah I will never ever buy it. But it's the way games are shifting towards, with the whole microtransaction model. If it's another way for them to make money, it's a good idea.

But yeah they definitely need to look at those prices, it's hilarious :lol:.

Yeah the prices are really steep and yeah I will never ever buy it. But it's the way games are shifting towards, with the whole microtransaction model. If it's another way for them to make money, it's a good idea.

The funny thing is I'm sure Sony would make more money off these microtransactions if they charged something reasonable like $1.00 per million $4/5mill $7/10 million. Still ridiculous IMO but I think people would pay it. At they rate they are charging I see very few people buying in.

Sounds like what you're not buying is that to some people $50-100 is the same as $1-2 to other people. The "cost" of something is an absolute number, the value of that same cost to each individual is relative to their wealth and to the opportunity cost of not spending that money ie. time. Its all relative.

True but you have to ask here what exactly are you 'buying'?

Are you buying a semi cheat or help that will get you money that might even be easily attainable through seasonal events

Are you buying an excuse for PD not to have a better Career structure?

Are you spending and equivilant(price) of a whole game to purchase an in game car?

This Micro transactions are there for PD to make easy money, who ever buys it is falling for a pretty daft plan.
these prices are terrible, I was Supporting PD for having free cars in a day one update unlike other games with Day one DLC but I condemn this.

At those prices they are macro transactions not micro transactions. 👎
That now makes me concerned about DLC pricing, if they are priced accordingly I seriously doubt I will be buying in. :grumpy:

True but you have to ask here what exactly are you 'buying'?

Are you buying a semi cheat or help that will get you money that might even be easily attainable through seasonal events

Are you buying an excuse for PD not to have a better Career structure?

Are you spending and equivilant(price) of a whole game to purchase an in game car?

This Micro transactions are there for PD to make easy money, who ever buys it is falling for a pretty daft plan.
these prices are terrible, I was Supporting PD for having free cars in a day one update unlike other games with Day one DLC but I condemn this.
You can argue PD's philosophy all you want, that wasnt your point though. Your point was I or anyone who buys credits is an idiot. I disagree. What you are buying is time, and for some people buying time by avoiding a horrifically simple and unchallenging career mode is worth it. Not for you. Others are different, doesn't make them idiots.

Anybody else just get the message: 'The server is under maintenance?' hmmm...patch incoming?

Yeah people just don´t support the "micro-transactions" in a 60/70 dollar/euro game. We have enough with DLC´s and half finished games.

If they make it free to play I can get it...but when you pay for a full game...you want the full deal, right? (even though we never get the full deal)

Just play the game as it is intended (where is the fun of it if you can get "everything" by paying after all?), have fun and then save money for those paid DLC´s.

If we keep paying for everything, then they will keep adding these kind of things in the future...so it will be our fault not theirs at the end of the day.
In a paid game this is not right.

If it will be a good idea to make money, we will see later...

I'm neither here nor there with regards to the buying of credits with real money. People should be free to play the game exactly how they wish, no matter how strange it may seem. But surely, eventually there'll be another GT editor released on the net, for all those who love to hybrid ( not for me you understand, but again, it's up to the person themselves how they want to play the game ). I agree on banning hybrids online tho, however it can be done, due to the unfair advantages that people who abuse that patching will have. If offline grinding becomes too much for me, instead of me paying (IMO way too much) GPB£ for in imaginary game credits, i'll stick 200,000,000 for free, in an instant with the PC tool. Assuming there will be one, of course. If not, then i'll grind.

Yea, it's cheating somewhat and not in the spirit of fair play, but i virtually NEVER play online. I just love getting cars and testing them out, during my A-Spec career, until i grow too bored or am not good enough to progress any further. They want me to pay for credits, when i can "patch" them for nothing ? No thanks. But if people want to go ahead and pay real money for them, that's none of my business.

Edit: I need to point out that i am happy to pay for DLC, in terms of cars and tracks, because that took people time and artistic effort and probably a lot of hard work to create. I am paying for (hopefully) worthwhile pieces of extra content. That is completely fair enough in my eyes. Is it content that should have already been on the disc originally? Maybe, but it's still man hours and effort. But i personally am not interested in paying out for what will constitute, someone pressing two clicks on a mouse to add a set of numbers to the PS Store. No actual work that deserves paying was involved there. But that's just me.

Last edited:
I cant see anyone paying $30 for in game Cr. IF majority of users dont have internet, how is that going to work? Is it a usb? Can it be topped up at a game store? Post office? Hey, they are experimenting. So, we'll if PD make adjustments based on user feed back.

Just had a wonderful thought , because I am getting the LE edition with the 1 Million credits I won't have to drive the Honda Fit , buy it yup , but not drive it .

So technically I can still buy the first Car I wan't to actually Drive :P

Just had a wonderful thought , because I am getting the LE edition with the 1 Million credits I won't have to drive the Honda Fit , buy it yup , but not drive it .

So technically I can still buy the first Car I wan't to actually Drive :P

You'll have to drive it, trust.

I cant see anyone paying $30 for in game Cr. IF majority of users dont have internet, how is that going to work? Is it a usb? Can it be topped up at a game store? Post office? Hey, they are experimenting. So, we'll if PD make adjustments based on user feed back.

Majority? This ain't 1995 bro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back