GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vgt cars seem like a bitter sweet news, they are ficticious cars(pd can still skate by with phisics, just crank everything up and say its amazing) and there are plenty showroom stock cars i would rather drive.... La ferrari got liscenced even by asseto(or pcars) mclaren p1, lambo cabrera, r8 dual clutch, 458 speciale.... Just from the top of mind.
Speaking of the devil, a couple fresh videos from vw's design vision gti
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g-high-u&v=Dj2W3vX-Fpk

3.0 vr6 turbo, 500hp, 400lbft torq

Last edited:
I think this is the base of it, it has the same r8 blade/golf c pillar thing going, but there seems something on top of it, cant decide if its a roadster version or air intake...

How can anyone assume that car will be Volkwagon's VGT car is beyond me. Clearly that's not it...
To be fair, most of the VGT car images are very early drawings or renders. Things could have changed.
Don't think that's the case with the VW though.

To be fair, most of the VGT car images are very early drawings or renders. Things could have changed.
Don't think that's the case with the VW though.
Oh yes, that's true I forgotten about that. :) Example being the Alfa Romeo one with drawings of the VGT car, but could change at some point.

Reminds me of this thing that was in PGR4

volkswagen-golf_gti_w12_650_concept_2007_1600x1200_wallpaper_03.jpg

Its called the W12 GTI. 12 for V12 engine with 600hp from the W12.

I agree with you and hope we're right but I've been having doubts.
I still think the vision GT car will be scirocco based.

But that car IS supposed to be Scirocco based. The VGTI is intended to be the vision for the Scirocco and GTI brands. Plus, the VGT pic has the GTI red grill lining. So, that VGT car IS a GTI. Whether that VWDVGTI car is what the VGT car will be, we'll find out. The MIGHT do a more Scirocco-esque version of it. Like a Scirocco GTI.

EDIT: Sketch of the VGTI:

Design-Vision-GT-5.jpg

starting to look a familiar.

Better Comparison shot:
Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side.jpg

2me4752.jpg

Of importance, the VGTI Concept was unveiled back in May of 2013. And while I wouldn't doubt PD had asked manufacturers about Vision GT prior to that date, it DOES beg to reason that the VGTI that was shown ISN'T the VGT car. However, that being said, it will probably be an updated version of it, as I said, more of a Scirocco GTI concept would be more likely.

Last edited:
It's W12 because of the "W12" engine; if a V12 is two straight sixes on the same crank, a W12, in Volkswagen's world at least, is two VR6s on a common crank:

w12-bloc-audi.jpg

It's a cool car, though; just crazy!

Exactly and it was the same engine as the VW Nardo and the Audi S8 from that generation.

They use the same drivetrain as mk6 gti, but its not called gti
Also magazines tested roccos last year, gauging usa public reactions. Maybe a joint effor from vw pd to reintroduce the scirocco in the usa... (Detroit show and all)

Exactly and it was the same engine as the VW Nardo and the Audi S8 from that generation.
The W12 S8 and Nardo predate the w12 GTI by half a decade of more. I'm sure the w12 has gone through some changes before it made it into the Continental GT and the GTI650.

The W12-650 used and shoehorn'd the 6L Bentley Continental GT bi-turbo motor that was hooked to a VW Phaeton transmission... then everything else is a parts bin dig. Lamborghini Gallardo rear axle & brakes... Audi RS4 front brakes. Goes on from there.

;)

But that car IS supposed to be Scirocco based. The VGTI is intended to be the vision for the Scirocco and GTI brands. Plus, the VGT pic has the GTI red grill lining. So, that VGT car IS a GTI. Whether that VWDVGTI car is what the VGT car will be, we'll find out. The MIGHT do a more Scirocco-esque version of it. Like a Scirocco GTI.

EDIT: Sketch of the VGTI:

Design-Vision-GT-5.jpg

starting to look a familiar.

Better Comparison shot:
Volkswagen-Design-Vision-GT-Concept-side.jpg

2me4752.jpg

Of importance, the VGTI Concept was unveiled back in May of 2013. And while I wouldn't doubt PD had asked manufacturers about Vision GT prior to that date, it DOES beg to reason that the VGTI that was shown ISN'T the VGT car. However, that being said, it will probably be an updated version of it, as I said, more of a Scirocco GTI concept would be more likely.

I agree with this. The sketch looks like a chop top version with different (scirocco esque) lights. Even the shapes of the holes in the rims are the same!

Talking about big vw engines got me searching to find a somewhat disturbing fact, the veyron was stopped producing in 11, then they made the convertible, ss, and vitesse, in 13 only convertible most with ss spec engines, and several improvements, including aero, gearbox and ss parts.
Therefore, unless its a "pd exclusive version", they "owe" us -1 roof, some hp and tweaks...

Nope- 4.2 v8, 5,2 v10 and back to 8 4.0tt
Only a8 long wheelbase versions got the w12 from the first gen on.
I thing I'm getting confused with regular A8. I know I've seen my favorite gen A8 with a w12 badge somewhere.
My bad.

I could've sworn there was a special edition A8 with a W12. Research time!

There is. The 6.3L if I recall, and a diesel version as well. I'd rather get a used C63 AMG Black, as the newer ones are going down to a 4L output, the older ones are the massive 6.3 L engines at M3 pricing as compared to a 100,000$ A8.

There is. The 6.3L if I recall, and a diesel version as well. I'd rather get a used C63 AMG Black, as the newer ones are going down to a 4L output, the older ones are the massive 6.3 L engines at M3 pricing as compared to a 100,000$ A8.
I remember reading it on the Motor Authority app recently. It might be that one.

The W12 S8 and Nardo predate the w12 GTI by half a decade of more. I'm sure the w12 has gone through some changes before it made it into the Continental GT and the GTI650.

Yes, but it's essentially the same design and concept. I read that Audi have been looking at MR-ing a GTi chassis with it in, that would be something :D

But Jeremy Clarckson complained about the Ford GT's economy :lol:

The Top Gear hosts attempt to relate to their audience by complaining about things like petrol and fuel economy, but I mean come on, they make millions of pounds a year haha. But Jeremy Clarkson was the guy who also said, "speed doesn't kill you, becoming stationary, thats what gets you." Not sure if he's the right minded guy to take worries over fuel economy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back