GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so this isn't gt6 related but Honda brought back the NSX that they had cancelled a couple years ago, I remember reading about that car alot, or is it a different car?

Yep, NSX Concept, but they are planning to produce and make it as the successor to the original NSX. Better up the HP though, the original was paltry at that price.

I want to see what the Bimmer is, and the Volkswagen one, which I hope is turbodiesel AWD Hatchyback W12 engined and comes in brown. Please VAG, this is what we need in GT.

Yep, NSX Concept, but they are planning to produce and make it as the successor to the original NSX. Better up the HP though, the original was paltry at that price.
I thought the NSXs problem was that they didn't change it for 10 years. It was fast when it first came out but never got much faster in the 10 years(ish) that it was in production.

I thought the NSXs problem was that they didn't change it for 10 years. It was fast when it first came out but never got much faster in the 10 years(ish) that it was in production.

It had Honda reliability and it still does (seen so many NSX's with 200,000 miles on it, works fine) but for 60-70,000$ it was considered a bit lacking in the HP department. Although what they lacked in HP it could easily outperform and outmaneuver any car on the track. No surprise they are still used today in racing.

I take it that you haven't been introduced to this chap.

honda-nsx-type-r.jpg

Honda determined that the universe wasn't ready for more power from this thing.

Yup. We only got the first generation Acura. There was one across the street from my neighborhood on sale, the other day.

Resale value is still not that bad for a sports car. That and you don't need to replace parts much, although if you do they do run expensive because even if its a Honda, its a Honda sports car.

Yup. We only got the first generation Acura. There was one across the street from my neighborhood on sale, the other day.
Actually, we did get the 2nd Gen NSX as well. I've seen a couple of them before. We just didn't get the higher-spec NSXs that everyone else in the world got, which makes me livid.

If McLaren goes get on, they could finally demand PD and Sony to include some of their great cars in the game for advertising purposes.

Simulated conversation between McLaren CEO and Kazunori about future updates.

Kazunori: So I was thinking Niss-
McLaren CEO: No, P1.
Kazunori: I had an idea for a new car. The Schulze GTR 201-
McLaren CEO: No, MP4/2 or MP4/4
Kazunori: I don't know, I am really liking this limited edition Skyline...
McLaren CEO: Nope, by the way I want a MP4-12C GT3 version as well.
Kazunori: Fine, send them over to our sound studi-
McLaren CEO: Heck no, we will supervise the sound recording. I played GT5, I remember.

And the world rejoiced...

YES ! => iracing MP4-12C GT3

:)

So, the premium Minis are apparently JCWs. At least according to their interiors. The Standard Mini isn't, I don't think, but the Countryman, '05, '07 and '11 Minis are all John Cooper Works versions.

The only problem with that NSX is that Honda didn't let us Americans have it.

Honda and other Japanese car manufacturers don't let North Americans have a lot a cars.
I know, I lived in Japan for many years, many cars and bikes sold there never make it here.

The Europeans do manage to get some of the high-end spec'd cars, but under different names.
For example, the JDM EF Civic/CRX SiR was sold as the 1.6i-VT in Europe, but it never made it to N.A.

Its a complicated issue, one reason is USA/CA car-regs that don't conform to world standard...
...another reason (for Hondas) is that they want to keep Acura as the "premium" brand in N.A.

Jalonik has featured a few articles on this topic recently.
Take the time to browse back through their posts and you will find lots of info on this topic.

Last edited:
Honda and other Japanese car manufacturers don't let North Americans have a lot a cars.
I know, I lived in Japan for many years, many cars and bikes sold there never make it here.

The Europeans do manage to get some of the high-end spec'd cars, but under different names.
For example, the JDM EF Civic/CRX SiR was sold as the 1.6i-VT in Europe, but it never made it to N.A.

Its a complicated issue, one reason is USA/CA car-regs that don't conform to world standard...
...another reason (for Hondas) is that they want to keep Acura as the "premium brand in N.A.

Jalonik has featured a few articles on this topic recently.
Take the time to browse back through their posts and you will find lots of info on this topic.

I'm aware of all the things you said already, but thanks anyway. I'm just annoyed at the car regs my country has which keeps us Americans from having some of the goodies that the rest of the world gets to have.

Anyway, to get back on topic; I honestly hope we get the BWM concept soon.

Last edited:
I'm aware of all the things you said already, but thanks anyway. I'm just annoyed at the car regs my country has which keeps us Americans from having some of the goodies that the rest of the worlds gets to have.

Anyway, to get back on topic; I honestly hope we get the BWM concept soon.

Excuse the OT all, just wanted to point something out that some fellow citizens may not know.

Latest news: a console gaming insider said that P.D, the company that makes the legendary Gran Turismo series, has been infiltrated by an mole to sabotage the Redbull event by scheduling the date to the 1st of January. The event was originally scheduled for the end of January. P.D officials stated in an in-game news update that it was "incorrect" . We don't know how P.D just found this out. Kaz, the CEO, couldn't be reached for comments. The in-game news section on top of that states that the info in the event will be corrected with the next update that is as of this houre is unannounced. And now lets take a look at the weather with Laura ... lol

In all seriousness, it's ridiculous and shameful that a company with a game series as big as GT handles itself in such manner. A grocery store does a better job. Sony, its time to step in and help Kaz with H.R. A guy/girl that might have worked on GT2, 3, 4 or 5 might have gave it all they got and they don't have anything more to give. Let some new blood in and increase staff numbers. 1 day your going to be out-paced by a BETTER franchise and lose customers. Real gamers are loyal to quality. If you lack it and other games wizz past you then your done. I -and i'm sure many others- don't care about the title, we care about the game.

Last edited:
I'm really beginning to wonder if Sony/PD has decreased support due to lower than expected sales. If the game had sold up to or exceeding what they were expecting I'm sure we'd be getting tired of updating our consoles by now. But here we are, with under performing sales and land of barren updates. I think the most telling is that the x2014 standard event specifically said to release on Jan 1st and here we are Jan 9th with no update and not a word from PD.

I'm really beginning to wonder if Sony/PD has decreased support due to lower than expected sales. If the game had sold up to or exceeding what they were expecting I'm sure we'd be getting tired of updating our consoles by now. But here we are, with under performing sales and land of barren updates. I think the most telling is that the x2014 standard event was supposed to release on Jan 1st and here we are Jan 9th with no update and not a word from PD.
We have a update in game in the news. Apparently it was a error and it goes live end of Jan.

Except now there is word from PD - apparently the 1st of Jan schedule was an error and the 2nd half of the Red Bull event will be up at the end of January. There is an update coming and the event will be fixed to say that instead of Jan 1st.

Edit: tree'd :)

Except now there is word from PD - apparently the 1st of Jan schedule was an error and the 2nd half of the Red Bull event will be up at the end of January. There is an update coming and the event will be fixed to say that instead of Jan 1st.

Edit: tree'd :)

Sure...an "error". Lets go with that ;). We all know PD has the utmost respect for release times and impeccable planning.

I'm really beginning to wonder if Sony/PD has decreased support due to lower than expected sales. If the game had sold up to or exceeding what they were expecting I'm sure we'd be getting tired of updating our consoles by now.
I'm sure updates grow on trees or fall like money from the sky. ;)

Even if they add many many good features to GT6, who will know about it? Us GT nerds who come on GTPlanet daily have already got the game....
Perhaps Sony should put some adverts on tv when the game has been updated with stuff....

@Rob-F1-Fan that sounds fun...I can imagine it now.
"Go buy Gran Turismo 6, avaliable now! We updated the game so it has everything GT5 had in a convenient, 7gb, 3-part download!"

I agree though, there was slap-in-the-face advertising for your companies biggest selling game.

@Rob-F1-Fan that sounds fun...I can imagine it now.
"Go buy Gran Turismo 6, avaliable now! We updated the game so it has everything GT5 had in a convenient, 7gb, 3-part download!"

I agree though, there was slap-in-the-face advertising for your companies biggest selling game.

You guys keep forgetting that this is a PS3 game, there's no point in doing so when the Next gen games are out there right now. Also, GT is not Sony's biggest selling game.

Also, GT is not Sony's biggest selling game.
What other SONY series sold anywhere close to GT?
GT6 will probably be the best selling game of 2014 for them as well which just makes me want to stop playing game all together.

What other SONY series sold anywhere close to GT?
GT6 will probably be the best selling game of 2014 for them as well which just makes me want to stop playing game all together.

While I can exact recall off the top of my head, I don't recall GT being the overall best selling franchise on the Playstation consoles. I could be wrong, but the point is some people here making a huge deal about how GT is being marketed here when its not even a next gen Title so it makes little to no sense to do so. It worked for God Of War Ascension and the Last Of Us because they came out well before the next gen console. Doing some massive PR for the game won't work with so much of the attention focused on Next gen. How many people outside this forum would even notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back