GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I began my Gran Turismo 6 legacy last night. Here are some random notes I want to share...

* Gran Turismo 6 really does come off as an upgrade from Gran Turismo 5. The look and feel is so much better in GT6 than in GT5. I completed all of the Novice level races somewhat easily. I kind of imagined the best line around the Coffee Break Challenge in the Novice deal.

* For only the second time in my career of Gran Turismo and Tourist Trophy, I accomplished All-Gold when I golded all the National B License tests. One thing I noticed about when you do certain tests and races, I saw the various lines and routes taken by PlayStation Network friends of mine. It is pretty cool to see how other PSN people tackled a certain course. You can learn from your friends how to take on a course. Then... you can beat them all (all in good fun, of course!).

* "Looking for You" and "All My Life" were two of my favorite songs in GT6 even as I was just looking around on GT6 videos. I was like "YES!" when I heard "Pearl's Girl" from Underworld. That song was one of my personal favorite '90s electronic dance music songs as well as one of my two personal favorite songs from Underworld ("Born Slippy" is the other). I'll be hearing the various songs until I eventually decide to cut off all music in general.

* The menu music is MUCH better in GT6 than in GT5. There were people who didn't like the GT Auto theme for example. Hell- I LOVED that song! Anyhow, the songs for GT Auto and for your Home were more bearable than some of the looped garbage in GT5. A lot of the pre-race songs kind of got me going. Some of the post-race songs were pretty cool as well. I even heard a few past GT songs re-done for GT6. If you're a GT veteran, you may recall a few songs from GT4; one of GT4's songs was a remake of "From the East" (GT2's East City theme). Nice collection of songs nonetheless.

* It was very interesting to be able to change time and/or weather conditions for certain races. One of those situations was in the Novice Championship at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Course at about 19:30 (I am NOT good at 24-hour time). This is a good bit of evolution of the GT series to have races held at some different times of day. I even sampled a run around the Matterhorn short course with a certain car. Which brings me to this next point...

* Easily, the most powerful car in my collection so far is the Mercedes-Benz Vision Gran Turismo concept car. I sure want to see what else other companies are creating as part of the Vision Gran Turismo deal. I haven't yet bought a car- except for the first car I was SUPPOSED to buy, of course. All I've done was mostly earn cars. Lord knows I want to start that garage full of cars! Most of all, I'm glad I am not challenged to purchase 1K cars to get a Trophy. That was crazy to get 1K cars in my Garage in GT5! I would surely want to get those beautiful blue GT Anniversary cars. Unfortunately, that's only if I had bought the Anniversary package.

I will continue my GT6 career by doing a number of Seasonal events as well as work on my National A License. I even will be taking down multiple notes from my GT6 experience to work on a review and to blog about multiple aspects of GT6. I'm enjoying just about everything about GT6 so far.

Random fact:

* If you put a car in the stockyard, aliens will appear, rob it, and you'll never see it again...

If the ft1 is a preview of the new supra, does this mean we'll get a BMW version as well? Toyota and BMW were working together to build a sports car..
/speculation over
They were working together to build a hybrid powered car, as someone has already mentioned.

Calling me an poophole now?
Still sore?
No. I was calling you by your name. It's not my fault you took it as an insult. And I'm not sore. I was never sore. Annoyed by constantly being birrated for every tiny tiny little thing I say maybe. But, sore? Don't flatter yourself. Some people just chose to be not nice people and obviously, me asking them to be nicer isn't doing anything, even giving examples of how to respond in a nicer manner hasn't done anything, why bother getting "sore" over something you can't change.

EDIT: Can I just give a bit of advice from all my years on this planet. If you are incapable of providing constructive criticism and the only idea in your brain is to provide destructive criticism, then...just...shut up. Don't say anything if you're not going to be tactful about it. It doesn't help anything at all. All you're doing is instigating a random off topic argument like this. If someone get their information wrong, it's better for you to shut up then to call them an idiot. That's not going to prevent them from posting wrong information in the future, is it. You're REALLY not helping the situation. This goes for the MODS, too. I know some of them have an issue with providing constructive criticism, which, to me, is stupid. I mean, it's like a cop that speeds everywhere and steals and whatever and when people say "hey, man, perhaps you shouldn't do that 'cause you're a cop, and you're not setting a good example" the cop just says "Yeah, but I'm a cop." So? You're not above the rules. Mods should be setting a better example then they are.

Having Mods provide destructive criticism also makes the mods rather useless 'cause no one is going to bother going to them for help with anything 'cause they're perceived as bullies. No one goes to the school bully for help. So, by NOT setting a good example, you're giving the mods that DO set good examples and Jordon more work. And really, I think being a mod means you should have to follow a much stricter code, but that's just me, apparently.

Seriously though, if you don't have anything constructive to say, keep it to yourself. Let's at least pretend to be grown ups.

Last edited:
On the previous episode of eSzzole show.
No. I was calling you by your name. It's not my fault you took it as an insult.
That isn't supposed to sound like asshole? If not, I apologize but that is exactly what it sounds like to me.
Let's at least pretend to be grown ups.
You 1rd.

And I'm not sore. I was never sore. Annoyed by constantly being birrated for every tiny tiny little thing I say maybe. But, sore? Don't flatter yourself. Some people just chose to be not nice people and obviously, me asking them to be nicer isn't doing anything, even giving examples of how to respond in a nicer manner hasn't done anything, why bother getting "sore" over something you can't change.

EDIT: Can I just give a bit of advice from all my years on this planet. If you are incapable of providing constructive criticism and the only idea in your brain is to provide destructive criticism, then...just...shut up. Don't say anything if you're not going to be tactful about it. It doesn't help anything at all. All you're doing is instigating a random off topic argument like this. If someone get their information wrong, it's better for you to shut up then to call them an idiot. That's not going to prevent them from posting wrong information in the future, is it. You're REALLY not helping the situation.

Mind showing where I called anyone an idiot?

At an actual loss for words at this moment. Never ending circle of mind explosions.
Deja vu..

That isn't supposed to sound like asshole? If not, I apologize but that is exactly what it sounds like to me.

You 1rd.

Really? :rolleyes:

Mind showing where I called anyone an idiot?
It's better for me to keep quiet than to point out your constant spreading of misinformation?

The issue here is that for as long as I've been here you've always stuck out as sore thumb. Someone who can't take advice no matter how many times people tried being nice to you and help you, you just blew it off a week later as if nothing happened and carried on. You can't tell people to shut up if you refuse to do it year after year after year. You can't ask people to take your advice if you're incapable of taking it yourself.

As for being "birrated", let's not be silly.

Here's one bit of advice I'll give you, when someone points out you're wrong. Don;t argue like you always do, don't twist your previous statement into something almost completely different to make it seem as though it never happened. Just admit you were wrong, and thank them for pointing it out.
If someone as bad, mean, and immature as I can do it, why can't you?

1. I never said directly you called me an idiot. Not everything I say is about you.
2. I wouldn't mind so much and probably would respond better to you "pointing out" my "constant spreading of misinformation" if you stopped pretty much saying that I constantly do it, which I don't and you know...CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be nice.

3. I actually have taken people's advice. I REALLY have been at least TRYING to not post things unless I'm sure of them. But, tis be the internet and not everything I find is accurate. (Nor does the search function work sometimes. I've searched for stuff and have had it give me random pages despite the fact the page I'm looking for is right on the main page.) I also assume you're talking about the joke I made regarding the VGT cars. Yeah, that was still a joke. I also cannot be held responsible for people taking what I post in a way I never intended.

4. I don't argue about being wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I'll even apologize and correct my information when I feel the need. If, however, there's 80 people just flaming what I say, I don't really feel it's necessary to correct the information, or even respond to the flaming. Again, constructive criticism is rare around these parts...and, sadly amongst the gaming community as a whole.

5. If all I'm getting is destructive criticism, it doesn't make me want to admit anything. You know, never admit weakness your enemies and all that. Why would I thank the mugger for mugging me? Or the robber for robbing me? I've been trying to be sarcastic and nonchalant when people start giving me a hard time. It helps me not get mad, and, usually, we all have a good laugh and move on.

Seriously, though, I did the whole "eSzzole" pun 'cause you interjected yourself into a conversation that had nothing to do with you and made a stupid comment that you didn't have to make. So, I'd say you deserved it.

On the previous episode of eSzzole show.
Enough, Super:censored:head.

What? You took that as an insult? I was just calling you by your name...

Seriously though, if you don't have anything constructive to say, keep it to yourself. Let's at least pretend to be grown ups.
You really should take your own advice. 💡

Since they closed 1.03 update thread are there any improvements that actually try to improve the game? Yes, I'm aware about the new content, a lame Transformer Toyota FT-1 and BMW new interiors.
Didnt the 1.03 thread get locked for the same bickering? I was looking for some unknown updates... :(
I second that.

They were working together to build a hybrid powered car, as someone has already mentioned.

Sorry for the off-topic but, since people keep mentioning it.

According to BMW's development bosses comments, which ignore the supercar rumours, they're working together to develop a hybrid drive train possibly utilising Lithium-Air batteries, and also a light weight sports car platform, engine options rumoured so far are 2.5 I4T, or 3.5 V6. For BMW this is logically expected to be for the Z4 replacement, as such a small seller for BMW developing its own platform is a massive money pit... and typically expected to be the New Supra for Toyota.

Enough, Super:censored:head.

What? You took that as an insult? I was just calling you by your name...

You really should take your own advice. 💡

Very funny. It's nice to see the mods acting so mature, right? I mean, he could have said, "hey, Super, that's not cool, dude. I'm giving you a warning." Nope. And then the mods wonder why I dislike them SOOOOO much. I mean, this is what I was talking about in that page of discussion. If the mods act like this, what's stopping everyone else from acting like it?

I'm done. It's not worth getting banned from this site, so, I'm done with it. If the mods can't find it in themselves to NOT be jerks and abusive, then there's no point in trying to have a civilized discussion 'cause the mods are just going to get involved and it'll turn into an argument, and it'll end, apparently, with the mods using abusive comments to point out abusive comments.

Last edited:
Very funny. It's nice to see the mods acting so mature, right? I mean, he could have said, "hey, Super, that's not cool, dude. I'm giving you a warning." Nope.
They stopped doing that in 2010 when they realized what they're up against.

I managed to get Mario Andretti's Hudson Hornet, the BMW M4, and the Toyota FT1 doing Seasonals. I couldn't find too much speed to get Gold for the Hudson Hornet or the M4, but I did manage to get Gold with the Toyota FT1 at Laguna Seca. I STILL haven't yet bought a car in GT6!

While I did eventually find out that the Gallery has all of the game's music, I was actually surprisedGT6 had the full version of Underworld's "Pearl's Girl.". I have this song already as an MP3 from "The Saint" soundtrack. It was just an interesting observation.

Speaking of interesting observations, I noticed a nice detail of the flag carrier waving flags at the Start/Finish line. Gran Turismo seems to slowly mature more towards a more racing-oriented game than just a bunch of casual races. I like that.

That's all. I bid you good day.

I managed to get Mario Andretti's Hudson Hornet, the BMW M4, and the Toyota FT1 doing Seasonals. I couldn't find too much speed to get Gold for the Hudson Hornet or the M4, but I did manage to get Gold with the Toyota FT1 at Laguna Seca. I STILL haven't yet bought a car in GT6!

While I did eventually find out that the Gallery has all of the game's music, I was actually surprisedGT6 had the full version of Underworld's "Pearl's Girl.". I have this song already as an MP3 from "The Saint" soundtrack. It was just an interesting observation.

Speaking of interesting observations, I noticed a nice detail of the flag carrier waving flags at the Start/Finish line. Gran Turismo seems to slowly mature more towards a more racing-oriented game than just a bunch of casual races. I like that.

That's all. I bid you good day.

Try downloading a ghost replay from the top 10, and watching their run. It won't get you the number 1 spot in the leaderboard, but by following them and being motivated to keep up, you'll still be seconds behind, but be ahead enough to get gold.

Updated the game and everything fine, already got both cars (BMW M4 again but changed colour). Surprised by the just 99MB download though...at least PD said that it will include 2 cars and that was all it came with it.

(gonna make some pics and update this post)

pUzbuFG.jpg

tPC9wXD.jpg

JbPDzAP.jpg

TL6zDyF.jpg

dlIDL16.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back