GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the game and everything fine, already got both cars (BMW M4 again but changed colour). Surprised by the just 99MB download though...at least PD said that it will include 2 cars and that was all it came with it.

(gonna make some pics and update this post)

pUzbuFG.jpg

tPC9wXD.jpg

JbPDzAP.jpg

TL6zDyF.jpg

dlIDL16.jpg

I might be crazy, but I see some Alfa Romeo lines in there. Not a bad thing, its an amazing thing! :)

Part of my struggles at the two Willow Springs courses for (respectively) the Hudson Hornet and BMW M4 seasonals is that I am fairly new to Willow Springs in games. I've played the "Need for Speed: Shift" games, which is where I've gotten some experience with the track. Of course, Willow Springs looks like eye candy in the SHIFT games rather than the true desolate and empty nature of the real Willow Springs track. Part of my struggles are just mostly about getting adjusted to new courses. It's like my adjustment to tracks like Matterhorn, Ascari, and others.

I am a Gran Turismo veteran. So it isn't like I'm some new kid on the block. I've logged thousands of miles playing Gran Turismo games. I'll find the speed and drive properly to log the best times.

Very funny. It's nice to see the mods acting so mature, right? I mean, he could have said, "hey, Super, that's not cool, dude. I'm giving you a warning." Nope. And then the mods wonder why I dislike them SOOOOO much. I mean, this is what I was talking about in that page of discussion. If the mods act like this, what's stopping everyone else from acting like it?

I'm done. It's not worth getting banned from this site, so, I'm done with it. If the mods can't find it in themselves to NOT be jerks and abusive, then there's no point in trying to have a civilized discussion 'cause the mods are just going to get involved and it'll turn into an argument, and it'll end, apparently, with the mods using abusive comments to point out abusive comments.

I've tried doing that, SlipZtrEm has tried doing so, so has Scaff and I'm sure TB has as well (If I've forgotten anyone consider yourself lucky), but the funny thing is you continue to ignore it and spout your ridiculous paranoia every opportunity you get whenever you're the one that's done something wrong, and yet somehow we're the ones being immature.

I'd direct you to the several posts where you either accuse me of abusing power, stealing an idea from you, or some other ridiculous nonsense but in the end you'll just brush it off as a joke.

If you want to throw yet another hissy fit over the milk you've spoiled, go right ahead.

Part of my struggles at the two Willow Springs courses for (respectively) the Hudson Hornet and BMW M4 seasonals is that I am fairly new to Willow Springs in games. I've played the "Need for Speed: Shift" games, which is where I've gotten some experience with the track. Of course, Willow Springs looks like eye candy in the SHIFT games rather than the true desolate and empty nature of the real Willow Springs track. Part of my struggles are just mostly about getting adjusted to new courses. It's like my adjustment to tracks like Matterhorn, Ascari, and others.

I am a Gran Turismo veteran. So it isn't like I'm some new kid on the block. I've logged thousands of miles playing Gran Turismo games. I'll find the speed and drive properly to log the best times.

The hudson one was a bitch, then I realised power curve drops a heap at the end, started shifting much earlier, and amazingly got about 1.5-2 s out of it. Just in case you hadn't already picked up on that one. For me the M4 is just far too big, heavy, badly balanced and powerful for it's own good so handles like ass. It's good that these seasonals are actually harder than gt5, I hope when they start drift seasonals it's the same story.

Funny story about the Hudson seasonal- the best time I got with a DS3 was 1:35.6, and I knew about the power drop, too. I followed my friend's line (1:31.2), and that was actually when my G27 arrived. Hooked it up and practiced that with the wheel for 15 minutes to get used to it, at the end of that time I was at 1:32 and didn't even notice it. Came back to it a few days later and got 1:31.1.
And then I started driving faster cars on different tracks... and...yea. It didn't go too well at the time :lol:

I got back into GT6 by doing a few extra races. Here's the latest crop of musings from me...

* I took on the challenge of Ascari in Arcade Mode. I used the Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 against Beginner-level opposition. I ended up losing control of my car late in the two-lap race... and had to settle for second place.

* To my absolute surprise, I ended up getting that "Three of a Kind" trophy as I was doing the Freshman Cup event at Silverstone Stowe Circuit. I had three 6's in my seconds. I was completely oblivious of this. But of course, it's nice to know I picked up this Trophy.

* The Goodwood Festival of Speed came calling after I got up to 25 Stars. I kind of learned the course rather easily. I in fact got Silver in my first try at Goodwood with one of my all-time favorite cars- the Renault Alpine A110. I later went on to Gold that event.

* Today is my birthday. So what did I do in GT6 for my first race since turning a year older? I challenged myself and tried to get one of the PSN Trophies for GT6. I used Mario Andretti's Hudson Hornet for the Clubman Stage Route 5 event of the Freshman Cup. NOT a good idea because this car doesn't have lights or any serious top speed. I slipped up a bit on the second lap. But regardless, I won the race afterwards! Already old me winning with an old car to get the "Old Dog, New Tricks" trophy. First race since turning a year older, and I win my first race that I wasn't confident enough in winning. Epic win.

I just completed the Freshman Cup and about to progress to the 400pp Clubman Cup.

Have to say this update was super easy... As a psn+ user i woke up and for the first time the update just installed without me having to do anything! Was great.

Only thing I don't like is that new Toyota. Hiddious car that's pretty uninteresting to drive... I really wish the seasonal events were more interesting (excluding some of the new ones). The three they put out over NY I've only just been able to play and bar the R18 one; they were super super dull... Maybe it's just me... But I've finished the single player stuff and have all these crazy cars and it would be cool to use them, rather than an s2000 with terrible tires...

Hahahaha. Looks like one of my posts was used as a source to a JALOPNIK FT-1 article.

http://jalopnik.com/the-toyota-ft-1-would-have-485-horsepower-if-it-were-re-1502590788

it has actual specs in the virtual world: a curb weight of 2,910 pounds (1,320 kilograms) and 485 horsepower, which apparently gets bumped to 518 horsepower after an oil change. These stats were uncovered by a few users over at the GT Planet forums.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...he-ft-1-and-nsx-concepts.297161/#post-9211907
485hp/1320kg.
Arrange your garage by power/weight. Look where the car is placed. Adjust cars around it and you'll have your numbers...

Is it finally my turn to make the GTP news page? @Terronium-12 pleece makes it happens. Thanks.

I'm guessing that dubai is going to be a dlc track or something.
Yeah, that's the home for the Middle East GT academy? It would be cool to have all the "home tracks" of all the GT academy territories. Then to have a unique series based on those tracks that earn you a different subset of licenses.

It just makes sence for us to experience GT academy in game as it's such a big program now of the GT series.

But if I had a choice, I'd like AMG academy from GT 5 in GT 6. That was such a great fun way to teach anyone the ring, and never got old as you could practice sections at a time with an aggressive time limit.

They said computer game originally, and computer screen, then PS3 and GT6. And 300+ hours on 1 track? Did he mean just playing the game as a whole?

Well, I just suffered my first Career Mode loss recently- at Autumn Ring Mini with the Racing Junior Karts. I knew I had to lose at some point. Autumn Ring Mini is quite tough for a go-kart. Even my karting experiences in GT5 at Autumn Ring were less than pleasant. I finished 2nd- my worst finish in a Career Mode event. The second attempt was also a second-place finish. But on my third attempt, I FINALLY won that race!

Nobody ever wants to lose, but at least you can get a loss out of the way and work towards winning again. Got to stay in it, folks.

Well, I just suffered my first Career Mode loss recently- at Autumn Ring Mini with the Racing Junior Karts. I knew I had to lose at some point. Autumn Ring Mini is quite tough for a go-kart. Even my karting experiences in GT5 at Autumn Ring were less than pleasant. I finished 2nd- my worst finish in a Career Mode event. The second attempt was also a second-place finish. But on my third attempt, I FINALLY won that race!

Nobody ever wants to lose, but at least you can get a loss out of the way and work towards winning again. Got to stay in it, folks.

How is this News ? or Discussion of news ? or the two posts b4 ... why don't you make a thread about your progression/game review/thoughts ?

If he was some sort of famous racing driver then I can buy that he has some sort of unreleased content, so doubt it is true.

How is this News ? or Discussion of news ? or the two posts b4 ... why don't you make a thread about your progression/game review/thoughts ?

He's discussing GT6 therefore its actually compliant to the thread topic. It doesn't mean discussing only the news.

I do love this idea of Base Model cars in GT6. It isn't proper livery editing, but I could really see this concept taking off if PD is creative enough. Heck... I even could have envisioned making my own Toyota GT-One back in Gran Turismo 2. Same goes for most past Racing Modification cars from GT1 and GT2. The most recent of the Base Model race cars I got was the McLaren F1 GT Race Car.

I'd like to see more Base Model cars for GT6, but the selection now is quite good.

:D ok my bad then JohnBM01, I thought it's discussion of news only, peace. Thanx GTPorsche and RACECAR for clarifying. But why are there other threads discussing GT6 ? ... weird. You guys think they should be closed, and leave this thread only ?

Last edited:
You know what I don't get, how come PD never put the Deltawing back in the "Future" section of the GT6 car overview page on their website? It was there before, but got taken down due to legal issues with the car, but now the Deltawing is back. So, wouldn't it make sense to put the car back there?

Two musings of my latest GT experiences...

* The Ferrari 246 Dino is a beautiful car. It's one of my all-time favorite cars and one of my all-time favorite Ferraris. It is a beautiful machine... as long as it isn't on its roof! That's what happened to me when I did the Classic Sports Car Series round at Circuito de Madrid - Mini. I noticed my Ferrari got into a balancing act after trying to clear a corner. What ended up happening was my beautiful Ferrari being on its roof. I ended up winning the race afterwards, but I could only last remember my car being on its roof once [intentionally] failing a NASCAR School event in GT5.

* "Start the mission." What can I say- those Lunar Missions were crazy! I got Gold on the second one because I thought that was the easiest one. I had previously gotten Silver in my first attempt on the second mission. I tried again thinking I could win that one. And... I did. The learning curve for the Lunar Missions isn't as steep as the Vettel X Challenge thing in GT5. Regardless, it was still fun doing those missions while also getting a little education out of the whole thing.

I'm now moving on to the National A races. It's all about moving on up for me.

Should be taken with a graaaaaaaaaaaain of salt. Millen/Red Bull also said Pikes Peak was in GT. Everyone thought it was DLC for GT5.
Well yeah, of course I'm going to do that. Just like a lot of the other crazy rumors we hear on the internet.

Well, since were discussing GT6 in general (because there's no news).
What do you think were some of the best cars that PD choose to add to GT6 whether at launch or dlc? I personally think the premium Stratos and Mclaren F1 GTR were of the best cars they choose to add. The BMW M4 Coupe is my favorite dlc car so far.

You know what I don't get, how come PD never put the Deltawing back in the "Future" section of the GT6 car overview page on their website? It was there before, but got taken down due to legal issues with the car, but now the Deltawing is back. So, wouldn't it make sense to put the car back there?

It took them two and a half years after GT5 was released to remove mention of the GT5: Prologue garage transfer from the site. Outside of updating the various news tabs, I don't think anyone in charge of running it even looks at the GT website.

Well yeah, of course I'm going to do that. Just like a lot of the other crazy rumors we hear on the internet.

Well, since were discussing GT6 in general (because there's no news).
What do you think were some of the best cars that PD choose to add to GT6 whether at launch or dlc? I personally think the premium Stratos and Mclaren F1 GTR were of the best cars they choose to add. The BMW M4 Coupe is my favorite dlc car so far.

For me the inclusion of a lot of Old Ferraris like 288 GTO and 250 GTO makes me really happy, for the DLC one the M4 and the FT-1 are really amazing cars for the game, especially the Toyota, it's a fantastic car with a shape like a Italian Granturismo car ;)

i look foward to see other add-on in future... maybe we get something at the end of this month ;)

It took them two and a half years after GT5 was released to remove mention of the GT5: Prologue garage transfer from the site. Outside of updating the various news tabs, I don't think anyone in charge of running it even looks at the GT website.
That could be it and probably is the reason. It also kinda convinces me that PD is a silly company that doeasn't exactly take a look at everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back