GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I'm excited for GT7 is because since the PS4 is powerful, its Course maker should be great! Although, I hope it's there at day one, unlike GT6... I'll be taking a backseat if it doesn't.
so you are only excited for course maker ? not the possibilities of completely reworked engine sounds, physics, graphics, all premium cars, new AI, much improved online and better car list ?

The reason why I'm excited for GT7 is because since the PS4 is powerful, its Course maker should be great! Although, I hope it's there at day one, unlike GT6... I'll be taking a backseat if it doesn't.
Course Maker? What's that? I don't see that on my copy of GT6 must be a new feature for GT7:sly::bowdown:
You would be a great moderator.
You realize his head won't fit into his helmet after this eh? :lol::D

so you are only excited for course maker ? not the possibilities of completely reworked engine sounds, physics, graphics, all premium cars, new AI, much improved online and better car list ?
I like to see those improvements as well, but those are seen in every racing game nowadays. They won't be new to me. The Course maker is the only thing I like and want, something that every racing game doesn't have. Although, knowing PD, I bet graphics will be their full attention, like every other dev...
Course Maker? What's that? I don't see that on my copy of GT6 must be a new feature for GT7:sly::bowdown:
If it is than I'll have to wait for GT7, unless its in the game first, I won't buying it day one. :l

I've created a GT7 news and discussion thread for all wild release date theories (of course news will become more concrete as time goes on). Maybe that could be used to avoid derailing this thread? The link is below.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-news-discussion.302568/

Edit:

I see that's been closed. I set it up to try and avoid the GT7 tittle tattle that's derailed this thread from GT6.

This GT6 thread was started a year and a half before the game came out so I don't see what was wrong with a GT7 thread seeing as we have confirmation from Kaz that development is well under way and release might reasonably be expected for 2015.

Anyway GT6 is where it's at currently. I love it and am looking forward to the feature updates hopefully coming our way soon. I personally think there is no chance of a GTAcademy on PS4 this Summer as there aren't even drivers for steering wheels on it yet. There is also little in the way of other upcoming driving games to require wheel compatibility.

Last edited:
Same games have full expansions and DLC by now... GT 6 retention must be dismal...

I think I've now spent more time here looking for anything news worthy than playing GT 6...
Well, I'd rather have 10 cars for free over 2 months than spending $10 for cars that were in the previous iteration of a game on release day

Well, I'd rather have 10 cars for free over 2 months than spending $10 for cars that were in the previous iteration of a game on release day
I'd rather have a complete game than 100 more cars, let alone the cars we have got since are little more than marketing perks...

Not sure (actually I'm very certain) a COD game can be sold on weapons and number of levels alone... It all needs to be tied together... We call this gameplay.

I prefer a bit more meat on the bone... To be fair though, all other developers of racing games subscribe to; "the car is the star" BS and go light on the meaningful things you can do with the assets, but with GT, I'm just shocked that I can't actually do any... Racing! ... Outside of MP... So let's get those MP features if that's to compensate for what SP won't do...

If I see a new track before an already promised feature (of many btw) I'll be... Well, honestly, still waiting... :(

Many of us paid 60 bucks for a game that is now widely available for under 40... And no real updates... So that like a 20 preview tax... And that assuming updates will come... And also assuming they will be great...

Crap, wrong thread... I don't mean to flare up the locals...

I'd rather have a complete game than 100 more cars, let alone the cars we have got since are little more than marketing perks...

Not sure (actually I'm very certain) a COD game can be sold on weapons and number of levels alone... It all needs to be tied together... We call this gameplay.

I prefer a bit more meat on the bone... To be fair though, all other developers of racing games subscribe to; "the car is the star" BS and go light on the meaningful things you can do with the assets, but with GT, I'm just shocked that I can't actually do any... Racing! ... Outside of MP... So let's get those MP features if that's to compensate for what SP won't do...

If I see a new track before an already promised feature (of many btw) I'll be... Well, honestly, still waiting... :(
As would I, especially since there's already 900 cars. But I know that PD is improving the Course Maker vastly, so I'm willing to wait for that. B-Spec should have a major overhaul if it's still not ready... I don't care too much for it, but I do like using it sometimes.

I previously stated that I thought the new sounds and the course maker were intrinsically linked, because the scenery would require a different way of scaling LoD (at least for Ronda), and the balance of SPU usage would be upset by any changes in that regard. Especially because it's all hand-tweaked by the programmers rather than automatically scaled by the chip (the biggest gripe about developing for PS3, complicated by the split memory).

So, what I'm getting at is, if the course maker does indeed need this new LoD scaling system, and the Zahara track / location is indeed intended for course maker functionality, would that mean the new sounds will come with Zahara?

If the scenery is the same "type" as previous course maker locations, it'd be unlikely, but Ronda is definitely a new challenge, so if Zahara is more like that, then maybe. On the other hand, all official commentary about the course maker seems to suggest the actual "creator" interface is what we're waiting for, and they literally could just brute-force their current LoD method for all possible viewpoints.

Anyway, I'll switch off the mass speculatron now...

It's been 2 months and 2 days.
That's nearly four months!*

* to an accuracy of +/- four months. :sly:

Many of us paid 60 bucks for a game that is now widely available for under 40... And no real updates... So that like a 20 preview tax... And that assuming updates will come... And also assuming they will be great...

Crap, wrong thread... I don't mean to flare up the locals...

Thank you, sir. Posts like this are crucial. GT7? Are you guys serious? Where, exactly, is the evidence supporting the notion that GT7 will be worthwhile? 5 and 6 make strong cases that PD has nearly lost it.. When/how/why is that going to change anytime soon?

Thank you, sir. Posts like this are crucial. GT7? Are you guys serious? Where, exactly, is the evidence supporting the notion that GT7 will be worthwhile? 5 and 6 make strong cases that PD has nearly lost it.. When/how/why is that going to change anytime soon?
Interesting... If you merge GT 5 and 6, that's nearly 8 years of development, more than half the legacy, of demonstrable results examples...

It's quite remarkable how impressive the first 7 years were, to those here who are too young to remember, it nearly forgives the last 8...

But you're right, after 8 years... The trend and forecast is not confidence inspiring.

I'd rather PD abandoned GT6 and focused solely on GT7.
If I hear a single excuse from Kaz about the PS4's hardware being a limiting factor in GT7's development, I'm done.
Finally getting a taste of the upcoming PC driving games, I can say that with most confidence.

Interesting... If you merge GT 5 and 6, that's nearly 8 years of development, more than half the legacy, of demonstrable results examples...

It's quite remarkable how impressive the first 7 years were, to those here who are too young to remember, it nearly forgives the last 8...

But you're right, after 8 years... The trend and forecast is not confidence inspiring.

Whilst this is true, why exactly is that "confidence" so critical? We're not investing in some large project that might determine the fates of entire communities, not to mention one's own "portfolio"...

Games are tools that fill voids in the mind, and those experiential voids are only temporary / ever-shifting - however, no one person's "voids" (lol) are likely to be exactly the same as another's, probably. That makes games as tools vastly different from, say, smartphones as tools. What people seem to fear is no longer liking Gran Turismo. Sometimes getting a divorce is healthier than sticking with it (says he who has done neither).

People change, not everything else does. Or is it that everything changes, but people don't? Either way, this is why I am so adamant that the video game "marketplace" needs to diversify, to stop being so inward looking and incestuous. And the customers need to stop demanding homogeneity in the tangible functionality (i.e. not the exact mechanics of "void filling", only the mechanics of interaction, because there is no correlation between the two) among "products" - where the only differences are the brand, the appearance; the image they project. That's assuming there's a difference at all.

The day Gran Turismo stops appealing to me, I will stop buying it. I don't need Gran Turismo; it is a luxury, at least of my own construction, as something that amuses me, if not technically in itself. Until then, I will look forward to the next instalment - if only to see which additions match up with any nascent emptiness in my existence. I do the same with other games, constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back