GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT6 is surprisingly wonderfully supported. It's sad to see most of the community is spoiled. 1 thing releases, they expect something in 2 days time after that.

How is it the community's fault? When you make promises of big DLC plans and monthly tracks, is it wrong for the people to actually expect them? Not to mention we still don't have things advertised on the box. They made such a huge deal of the new online features and we still have less options than in GT5.

all our fault of course,

i expected a better multiplayer than the game before (gt5) ... oh well

remember they announced all this missing crap, only four days before release!!!

How is it the community's fault? When you make promises of big DLC plans and monthly tracks, is it wrong for the people to actually expect them?
It's the communities fault for being spoiled, it's simple. If something releases. It's wrong and everyone hates it. If it doesn't release, you want it dreadfully bad and you're excited.

I haven't seen anything of "big DLC plans or monthly DLC tracks", as i've seen because i'm not micro analyzing details and expecting it to work out in the end. The online part of the game is rubbish to me. I'd rather it not exist much like visual damage.

any news regarding the community update?
what is the official word about it? have they given an eta or did they just say that it will come sometime?
im eaqgerly awaiting this more than anything for gt6

No, not really. For example, NFS Rivals has only received 1 car since it's release. No DLC. Only 1 very small update.

GT6 is surprisingly wonderfully supported. It's sad to see most of the community is spoiled. 1 thing releases, they expect something in 2 days time after that.
You are my favorite kind of customer...

But unfortunately in this business there is much less of you than me.
It's the communities fault for being spoiled, it's simple. If something releases. It's wrong and everyone hates it. If it doesn't release, you want it dreadfully bad and you're excited.

I haven't seen anything of "big DLC plans or monthly DLC tracks", as i've seen because i'm not micro analyzing details and expecting it to work out in the end. The online part of the game is rubbish to me. I'd rather it not exist much like visual damage.
not at all, a communities tone is set by the expectation of the product supported by the marketing messaging.

Communities for based on like minded interests and when those interests aren't served, or worse, based on grossly miss leading PR, communities tend to complain.

And when a group of very different people complain about the same thing, throw in some false advertising, and you have a mob...

The majority always rules, even if they aren't in control. To say the majority is wrong? Well, you would fit into the US senate quite well...

Consumers, as groups, decide with their wallets. Those wallets open from advertising. I think most here just want what was promised... Not just random requests...

And to really hammer my point? I've been a game developer for longer than Kaz, with massive successes that all gamers have experienced through my products... And with as much as I know, I sound exactly like a typical customer...

GT 6 is simply unacceptable in its current form.

So let's please bring on those updates promised, at least the ones due last month...

Last edited:
You are my favorite kind of customer...

But unfortunately in this business there is much less of you than me.

not at all, a communities tone is set by the expectation of the product supported by the marketing messaging.

Communities for based on like minded interests and when those interests aren't served, or worse, based on grossly miss leading PR, communities tend to complain.

And when a group of very different people complain about the same thing, throw in some false advertising, and you have a mob...

The majority always rules, even if they aren't in control. To say the majority is wrong? Well, you would fit into the US senate quite well...

Consumers, as groups, decide with their wallets. Those wallets open from advertising. I think most here just want what was promised... Not just random requests...

And to really hammer my point? I've been a game developer for longer than Kaz, with massive successes that all gamers have experienced through my products... And with as much as I know, I sound exactly like a typical customer...

So let's please bring on those updates promised, at least the ones due last month...

BIG UP !!!!! So true

whut?
lol.
Me and a group of regular racers have a :censored:load of fun with the game.
Why is it unacceptable? It delivers way waayy more bang than most other games out there.

With the community update that will come hopefully rather sooner than later things will completely take off.

Last edited by a moderator:
whut?
lol.
Me and a group of regular racers have a :censored:load of fun with the game.
Why is it unacceptable? It delivers way waayy more bang than most other games out there.

With the community update that will come hopefully rather sooner than later things will completely take off.
I so hope to eat my words by way of a strong update... I've never wanted to be silenced so bad...

Congratulations to you and your buddies having so much fun. I'm envious. But so many more are not content with half a product on a disk and the other half as a "coming soon" list on the offical website.

GT 6 has delivered on physics (yet still a bit broken), tracks (most from previous title) , and cars... That is all... Nearly everything else is less than GT 5 by a big margin.

Hell, a direct port of 5, with more events, tracks, cars, and the new physics, would have made more business sense... An updated complete game is arguably stronger than any incomplete one.

So the argument isn't whether you are having fun, it's that we all expected more... And are still expecting... And patience is being tested.

Last edited by a moderator:

To be fair GT6 had next to no proper TV advertising and I don't remember PD shouting out loud promising things. Consumers do decide with wallets, but the video game market is a strange unpredictable place in which some games magically sell more than other. I've personally always been surprised at the amount of units GT sold of the course of 15 years, I don't think sales figures are a true relation to the 'hardcore driving enthusiasts' that look out for Gran Turismo titles and other racing games.. Gran Turismo has sold so well because it became a household name and has been accepted as it is to be a great game.

I don't think that changed as GT5 released, so with GT6 lagging a bit now in terms of sales, is this really a message of: Casual gamers in general are loosing interest in 'semi-sim racing' as a whole, OR: Gran Turismo 5 was really such a failure that tons of people decided 'no I'm not buying GT6 it's lacking a ton of features'? I think it's a bit of both, also because people's interest in general is not as high in this current gaming world, it's becoming pretty diversified out there.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that forums amplify the smaller problems, I'm pretty confident Gran Turismo is not going to setp away from being the game we racing fans want, top notch simulation and graphics as well as a great library of cars and tracks where you can learn and re-live automotive history being as close as possible to actually driving all the cars. But forums are definitely the #1 source for developers to look, there are so many good recommendations floating around that would be very good to implement.

With the whole physics side of things, it's awesome they struck up some partnerships with Yokohoma and KW Suspensions plus all the expanding projects they are doing with auto manufacturers. They should probobly have a little test team within GTAcademy to give feedback on where physics don't feel correct and can be refined.. I'm just saying PD are in the middle of a ton of (positive) changes, it's just going to take a bit more time until the individual efforts come together.

GT6 is exactly what I expected, I didn't have any surprises.

Maybe because I informed on the official site? Yeah, definitely.... :rolleyes:
This, I think we expect way too much from this game, I really like gt6 and I was not disappointed because I didn't have super high expectations like most people on here, I remember some of the stuff we used to complain about in gt5, endurance races being too long I will use as an example. Thy shortened them in gt6 and we all complain and say PD is so horrible. Why don't we take the game for what it is and stop complaining about what it does or doesn't have.

This, I think we expect way too much from this game, I really like gt6 and I was not disappointed because I didn't have super high expectations like most people on here, I remember some of the stuff we used to complain about in gt5, endurance races being too long I will use as an example. Thy shortened them in gt6 and we all complain and say PD is so horrible. Why don't we take the game for what it is and stop complaining about what it does or doesn't have.
well PD did tell us in advance that they were screwing us so I don't know why people were surprised.

For that example.. PD/Kaz are freaking bi-polar!

They go from 24 hours to... wait for it... 24 minutes? Not many people ever complained that about the 4 hour races, or 2.4 hour races. Why? because they were good. So PD screwed up again by taking them away. 24 hour races were too much for most, but some people liked them I am sure. That doesn't mean you cut out ALL OF THE ENDURANCE races, and call a 24 minute race an endurance race! That is a perfect example of Kaz/PD's completely bipolar attitude.

No one ever complained that the ai were "too good", and "too smart", yet they made them even dumber, and the brake checking is still there in abundance. No one ever complained that the career mode was "too interesting", or had "too many good races", or "too many interesting championships", yet they made the career mode shorter still, and made the races shorter, and championships aren't any better now than GT5..

No one ever complained that there weren't enough "chase the rabbit" single file start races in the game, yet PD use that formula for most races in the game.. total fail again. No one complained the ai were too fast, yet they made them slower, and made them slower if you go slower, taking the challenge completely out of the race even if you try to use a slower car to make it more of a challenge.. another huge fail by Kaz/PD.

Please. Don't give PD/Kaz a pass because your expectations were already so low. That is terrible way to look at the situation. Just because a few people complain about one thing, and then PD happen to change it, doesn't mean PD "listened to the customers" and made the changes because of that. There is no proof of that, and even if Kaz said that happened, I still don't believe it. We all know how much of a difficult time Kaz has with the truth lately.

I think they do what they want, and don't give a flying crap what the people who pay their salaries (us, the paying customers) think or want out of GT. I think they just take the easy way out, and are milking the series for everything it's worth. All the cars and tracks, and so little to actually do with them. Such a lack of progression in the game these days. When GT was more like how I (and many others) liked it, the game sold much better.

Sales figures are reflecting how much Kaz/PD has failed, me thinks. People are voting with their wallets. I personally think Kaz still doesn't care, and will take GT to astonishing new lows in the future, until he is either fired, or GT is gone forever. I for one hope he gets fired and someone who has some more creativity and managing talent takes over and makes GT as good as we all know it should be.

Why are there so many people complaining about Gran Turismo 6 and having such a "hard time"? Go sell your game, get some money and forget about worrying for updates. Everyone win, you get your money, we don't get some really aggressive and useless comments.

Peace...

Why are there so many people complaining about Gran Turismo 6 and having such a "hard time"? Go sell your game, get some money and forget about worrying for updates. Everyone win, you get your money, we don't get some really aggressive and useless comments.

Peace...
I don't think selling the game will fix things. I do understand the complaints (understanding ones), and I do at times get annoyed and jump on some of them. :P Maybe if PD could just hurry the heck up with the features, probably this place will kinda be better, but I highly doubt it. I don't know what's taking them... Ah great, now I'm slightly getting fustrated because Course Maker. Gotta go again, being fustrated is not my kinda thing.

Peace...

Not sure it really helps to complain about complaints, no matter how ill-conceived or unnecessary they are.

im confused, i thought GT6 is getting a good support from PD. All the cars they gave out has been free and its a lot of cars than the free cars we got in GT5. There's MB VGT, BMW M4, Hudson Hornet, Redbull X's, C7 Stingray GT Concept, Toyota FT-1 (i didnt have the game so i dont know if i miss some stuff). They could easily charge those but they didn't. Maybe you guys wanted more than those cars but from what i see, they are very generous.

im confused, i thought GT6 is getting a good support from PD. All the cars they gave out has been free and its a lot of cars than the free cars we got in GT5. There's MB VGT, BMW M4, Hudson Hornet, Redbull X's, C7 Stingray GT Concept, Toyota FT-1 (i didnt have the game so i dont know if i miss some stuff). They could easily charge those but they didn't. Maybe you guys wanted more than those cars but from what i see, they are very generous.
We don't really want/need more cars(though I do). We want/need the course maker, GPS phone app, B-Spec, etc

We don't really want/need more cars(though I do). We want/need the course maker, GPS phone app, B-Spec, etc
well, not all of us want the same thing, i mean different people have different intention and stuff, fair enough then. I dont really care for B spec, GPS app and Course Maker might interest me a bit though, thats why im just happy if they keep giving out cars for free, though i have a feeling thats about to change.

People saying that GT5 is much better than the current state of GT6 is absolutely laughable. GT6 physics already are far ahead of GT5, which had no body roll at all, and poor tire models.

Peace...

Why are these so many people complaining about people complaining? Leave the forum, increase your free time and forget about worrying for complainers.

Do you perhaps find anything wrong with this kind of binary thinking?

People saying that GT5 is much better than the current state of GT6 is absolutely laughable. GT6 physics already are far ahead of GT5, which had no body roll at all, and poor tire models.

Actually, people are saying GT5 is more complete in terms of features.

Be right back, playing shuffle online with GT5.
Be right back, turning on fuel/tire wear in arcade mode in GT5.
Be right back, grinding B-Spec Bob for cash in GT5.
Be right back, trying to duplicate Sebring in the course maker for GT5.

Sorry, I had to. Yes, I agree the physics are better for GT6.

Be right back, playing shuffle online with GT5.
Be right back, turning on fuel/tire wear in arcade mode in GT5.
Be right back, grinding B-Spec Bob for cash in GT5.
Be right back, trying to duplicate Sebring in the course maker for GT5.

Sorry, I had to. Yes, I agree the physics are better for GT6.
Who grinds B-spec for cash? That's so 2010 :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back