GT6 One of the PlayStation Store's Top 20 PS3 Digital Downloads in 2016

Since then, Polyphony Digital’s website has been updated again, tacking an additional 50,000 physical copies to the game’s total, bringing it to 5.06 million.

If the website we are referring to is this one, that's total sales. Not just physical sales.

Last edited:
If the website we are referring to is this one, that's total sales. Not just physical sales.

Huh, I've always been under the impression PD's site was physical copies only. My mistake. 👍

Not that I'm doubting you, but is it clearly stated somewhere?

Hey if GT6 was released on the PS4, I'd buy it again. Still find myself going back to this game, and what's more surprising is I often have to remind myself it's a PS3 title, over 3yrs old!
Preach on, I'd probably buy and revisit any of the GT titles if they released them on PS4. Tourist trophy as well. Not often a company can sell the same game more than once to the same customer.

Hey if GT6 was released on the PS4, I'd buy it again. Still find myself going back to this game, and what's more surprising is I often have to remind myself it's a PS3 title, over 3yrs old!
If they released a PS4 GT6 remastered without the standard cars I would consider finally buying that machine...
I am still on the PS3 and i dont feel the need to buy a PS4... ;)

Every time I try to download it digitally, The entire installation becomes corrupt. Can't find any more CDs of it where I live either, since it works properly on CD, that is of course until it wouldn't play because the CD melted due to console heat.

Would love to get back to online cruising!!

I got the digital download only last week. I held off for years as my PS3 fat is one of the original ones and I didn't want to stress/kill it with GT6. I couldn't find a copy of the game anywhere locally, and they finally lowered the asking price on the PS store to €20. One of the advantages of the digital over the disk is that it seems to run cooler for longer - fingers crossed so far. It is much improved in feel over GT5, and there are only 300 Skylines available...Yay!

Still a little sore about the fact that there hasn't been an update for it in over a year. Not getting anything and receiving empty promises instead has been difficult to swallow. As for GT Sport, we'll see if PD can create something worth coming back for.

It's an exclusive, GT is the PS3's main racing simulator, of course it's one of the most downloaded games on PSN. Not really a big surprise, if you ask me.

Another vote for GT6 on PS4 - I would buy, no question.

If money is what Sony wants how about selling PS3 slim "compatibility" box that interfaces to a PS4 Pro. Have it use the PS4 controller, audio, and video connections.

I'd give Sony money for that, and GT6 is the only PS3 game I have. I have a PS3 fat and I don't like maintaining a spot in my game cabinet just for it.

Huh, I've always been under the impression PD's site was physical copies only. My mistake. 👍

Not that I'm doubting you, but is it clearly stated somewhere?
GTPSP is the answer. It has long been out of print and the PSP itself is long since dead.

But it's on PSN and the Vita is only almost dead, so it keeps selling, and it is reflected every time PD updates.

Last edited:
I downloaded GT6 anniversary edition in early 2016 because the price had been slashed from $99.99 to $49.99 and then to $24.99!!! If the price is still that low (It was that low for months before I got it), I can completely understand why so many people bought it! :sly:

I downloaded GT6 anniversary edition in early 2016 because the price had been slashed from $99.99 to $49.99 and then to $24.99!!! If the price is still that low (It was that low for months before I got it), I can completely understand why so many people bought it! :sly:

Regular GT6 was discounted on the PS store rather quickly. By October 2014, less than a year at release, its permanent price was $29.99. Since June 2015 it has been $14.99.

Physical was the same. According to CamelCamelCamel on Amazon it was already around the $50 mark by December 2013, a month out. By July 2014 it was hovering regularly around the $30 mark. Since February 2015 it's been $20 or less, barring a couple of spikes. Obviously only one retailer but one of the biggest, so it's a pretty good indicator for the rest.

amazon.png

It surely wouldn't have sold as well as it did if it remained at $60 for as long as games usually did/do.

Isnt this the story with most games these days, release (and pre-order) at a high price, then once the initial fan crazed hype tails of so does the price!

One that springs to mind is the recent COD.

I tend to wait a little while after release these days, unless of course it's for my console purchase game ;) ... Then I wait a LONG time, celebrate two new year's, and settle back down for a little bit more waiting. THEN buy it on release day. :D

Back