Gt6 poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter loopyloogrrr
  • 43 comments
  • 2,157 views

Has gt6 lived up to your expectations?


  • Total voters
    220
  • Poll closed .
Can't be bothered to hook up my ps3 to play gt6 on 1.03. This has been the case since late December.
 
I've had this game since Christmas Day and in just 2 weeks basically I can't even bring myself to finish anything.

Honestly from a Casual(At least regarding this game) There are so many problems don't even know where to begin.

I'm just going to say this now everyone might even flame me, but PD let this premium **** go to their heads.

I'm happy we got premium cars mind you, but sometimes I wonder if we don't get the premium cars do we still get all the tracks and features etc etc.

Basically in a shorter way they've been spending too much time on the cars not enough on everything else. It really does show too like it or not.
 
Perhaps my expectation to the game was set way to high so therefore it did not meet my requirement. Just feel they should and could do a lot more.
But by saying I really appreciated what they have done so far as a company.
 
It's good. I don't mind that the game isn't complete yet, not having to wait another year or more would've been worse. They keep updating/improving it and GT6 is pretty good at what matters most, physics (without SRF of course).


Jerome
 
Last edited:
One thing we can rely on with PD is that they will continue to improve it, and for a decent amount of time, if GT5 is anything to go off. The game is a lot quicker, physics are better, more cars, great addition of tracks. I'm pretty satisfied, not great but good! 👍

I may be on my own here but I don't mind waiting for add ons, as it makes me appreciate it more once you do have it. Waiting a month or two is nothing when compared to the longevity this game will have, at least for me.
 
It's a good game I like it a lot and will play it for a long time. I also think it is a little early to pass judgment on it, There is still more to come. Having said that, as of right now, as I cast my vote, I like GT5 better. I think that will change as updates keep coming.
 
I love this game. I have only missed 2 days playing it since release. Lol I know. But I do wish for more content and customization. I feel it's lacking in that department.
 
I've played better but enjoying it , meaning, the game needs updates, lots of them, and I know they're coming.

GT6 will get better over time, right now, it's not ready for primetime.

and if PD is polling resources to fulfil GT7 onto PS4, then please, so be it! I'm all for THAT! GT6 is simply an expansion pack to GT5 as far as I'm concerned, and that is fine by me.
 
It's good, but I voted:

It's below expectations because I expect more from GT.


Good:
Good GFX *for a PS3*.. I think the lighting is better than GT5.

Below expectations:
The background shadows are horrifically bad, big huge blobs jumping around all over the place.. That's just nasty looking. No anti-aliasing on the white lines on the road make the game look very old and dated.


Seems like I am constantly adjusting brightness.. If it is a dark race, I have to crank up in-game brightness, if it is sunny day race, I have to crank it down.

More laziness from PD, not taking the time to tune the setting to each track/ car, etc.. And some cars still have "tinted windshields" after 1.03 that make it darker than it should be when you look oput.. And then the interior shadows that make the gauges worthless sometimes. Stuff like that is just lazy programming, it should be fixed by now.

Good:
Physics and force feedback are good enough.. great by GT standards.


Below expectations
..but obviously there are problems. In GT5 I thought the cars acted more natural when counter steering into a drift or slide. Now it is back to twitchy, unnatural feeling snap over-steer that feels exaggerated to me, especially on some MR race cars (Audis). It seems PD usually tweak the physics just about every single update, so who knows where it will end up.


Good:
It is GT. I've been a fan since the beginning and I like much about the game, but they need to go back to their roots I think.

Below expectations:
Sales suck compared to earlier versions of GT, so they do more of what made sales suck? It doesn't make sense. Don't make the game easier, make the game more of a challenge. When GT was selling in huge numbers, it had a huge single player "game" aspect, and was a good challenge. It was just a better value back then. You got MORE GT back then. Now it is a short, easy, forgettable race to 100%, and then nothing, except waiting for scraps of seasonals, promotional cars, and other tiny short races that are over in 3 minutes. I want more of GT, not less.


I'm just about done with the game and it is way too short.. the career mode is about 3 to 5 times smaller than it should be. I should still be playing in March and not be at 100% yet.

24 minute "endurance races"? Why is Kaz and PD so bi-polar? Why can't they settle in the middle somewhere? Ok, the 9, 12, and 24hr races were ridiculous in GT5..

So then they swing all the way to the other side and make 24 MINUTES the longest endurance? Really? How about a 4 hour race being the longest? Then a bunch of 2.4 hour "24hr" races, and then some one hour races. That would be perfect and not at all "too much". As it is, it's just a waste. 24 minutes is a tiny sprint race, I don't care how many times you have to pit for tires that wear out too soon..

The Ai are dumb, sometimes worse than GT5, and they "let you win" way to often in most of the game. There should be a difficulty slider. At least in GT5 you could take a slower car and make it a challenge, now it is even hard to do that. it is like PD is forcing you to win in a lot of the races. All those races are wasted, and it is a huge number of the races in career mode.

Then we have all the other known problems..

Bugs. Man, soooo many bugs these days in GT.

Clutch. This needs fixing.. like 5 years ago.

Sound. Come on PD.. we know you can do it.. some cars sound awesome. Fix the rest.

Standing starts abolished from most of the game. So instead of fixing Ai so that they are capable of standing starts, you just remove standing starts? Lazy!

---

I am not as optimistic about GT as some still seem to be. To me they have shown that they don't really care what customers want, they're going to do whatever they feel like and we can go pound salt.


I think they take for granted that there will always be another GT around the corner for them to make money off of.. Well, look at the sales compare to older, better, more complete, less buggy versions of GT in the past. People are voting with their wallets PD, maybe you should start to listen.

I think a huge part of the problem is Kaz's "racing career".. He needs to focus on GT, not racing. Either that, or give it up to someone who cares about it like he used to.
 
Last edited:
Make one yourself and go crazy.
we-have-a-badass-over-here.jpg

6HCYHn8.gif
 
Back