GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
YES!!!! Now if you excuse me. Oooh @SlipZtrEm, you're not gonna believe it. ;)

EDIT: Hmm. Seems to be ignoring me, am I too annoying? :sly:

I'm sorry you think six minutes is too long of a wait. Some of us have jobs.

What am I supposed to find hard to believe about the paintchips? Has it been confirmed we still have to buy the car with the colour we want first, to have infinite access to said colour? If so; wow, they've slightly updated a system that is still painfully simplistic in the face of the competition, and only marginally lessened the Pokemon-style gotta-catch-em-all mentality. "Progress".

Last edited:
Changed the exhaust on a standard, no visual difference to car model.

We can have picture of "AI Car Temperament" in settings mode with description, please ?
What's that?
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions BHRxRacer!.

Are there any signs of endurance races or are they still locked?
Long ahead. I did catch 1 make races and karting events though.
I was wrong about not being able to remove wings?!

@BHRxRacer Can you confirm this is an option for most cars? Can you try it on a Silvia K's AERO '96? <3
Tomorrow morning -.-

For example on the rocky walls of Trial Mountain... generally all the textures of those tracks were horrible.

(GT5 image)
Trial+Mountain+Circuit.jpg

With Autumn Ring they have done a great restyling job.
Will try that within the hour.
@BHRxRacer is it OK if I use some of your screenshots/videos in my video that I'm making?
If you credit me >_>

@BHRxRacer

(asked in other thread)

First of all thanks for all of your work.

Probably asked already by how about game performance in 1080p vs 720p?

You've played it and probably already noticed. For example in GT6 demo frame-rate drops in 1080p are immediately noticeable (stuttering). Same thing with replays in 1080p.

Can you switch to 720p and do quick race in cockpit view with as much opponents as you can?
(Or just switch to 720p and enjoy the game. If it runs better you will feel it)

That's most important technical question for many. Thanks!!!
Give me a few hours and I'll get back to you on that. I did notice the cockpit view suffers on 1080p but from the bumper view everything was fine. I'll try a full house race later on 720p and 1080p and compare.

Where are the BBS LM and Rays VR.G2 rims from GT5? The latter being on the cover and the GT5 disc itself?

GTFO.

Maybe there's more rims on better cars. I'll edit the video's title

@BHRxRacer How do you get two cars in photo travel?
There's an option to add a 2nd car and avatar.

Changed the exhaust on a standard, no visual difference to car model.

What's that?

Long ahead. I did catch 1 make races and karting events though.

Tomorrow morning -.-

Will try that within the hour.

If you credit me >_>

Give me a few hours and I'll get back to you on that. I did notice the cockpit view suffers on 1080p but from the bumper view everything was fine. I'll try a full house race later on 720p and 1080p and compare.

Maybe there's more rims on better cars. I'll edit the video's title

There's an option to add a 2nd car and avatar.

Please tell me when you have your hands on a Black Ed. GT-R, would love to see the parts, rims and max hp it has.

Where are the BBS LM and Rays VR.G2 rims from GT5? The latter being on the cover and the GT5 disc itself?

GTFO.

I don't think they were shown because they don't exist in that size, he should have shown 2 inch up (VR.G2 are 18 inch and up i think)

I'm sorry you think six minutes is too long of a wait. Some of us have jobs.

What am I supposed to find hard to believe about the paintchips? Has it been confirmed we still have to buy the car with the colour we want first, to have infinite access to said colour? If so; wow, they've slightly updated a system that is still painfully simplistic in the face of the competition, and only marginally lessened the Pokemon-style gotta-catch-em-all mentality. "Progress".
No, hasn't been said. However, I'm guessing so. You're very funny Slip, I'll give you that. ;)

Oh, and no prob. :)

If I am understanding the career mode correctly, license tests are required to be completed now? It wasn't like that in GT5, but all of the other GT games required it.

I don't think they were shown because they don't exist in that size, he should have shown 2 inch up (VR.G2 are 18 inch and up i think)

I have a bad feeling that PD wouldn't go this far. They've made mistakes with car model years, incorrect engines in R8s and all sorts. Even the Bugatti in GT6 is ridiculous, a 2013 model would be a Grand Sport.

Are we able to paint cars with two different colors? Like a primary and then a secondary. In the MB Vision GT trailer the cars were painted with two different colors (Like white/yellow, teal/green, etc...) Can we do that? You may not be able to afford cars with two different colors. It just sucked that if you painted a Veyron for example in GT5 the whole car would be that color.

Forza 5 > Mario Kart > GT3/4 > GT5/6 (so bad that they still contain bits from GT4/GTPSP)

They need to replace Kaz asap. What did they spend all that money on? this game is laughable.

Forza 5 > Mario Kart > GT3/4 > GT5/6 (so bad that they still contain bits from GT4/GTPSP)

They need to replace Kaz asap. What did they spend all that money on? this game is laughable.

I doubt Kaz could be replaced (since he started the series). But Sony could definitely step in more during the development or even completely take over the development of GT. But Sony being more involved would lead to other issues. Like DLC being an even bigger part of the game.

Mario Kart better? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: The meaningless hate.

I doubt Kaz could be replaced (since he started the series). But Sony could definitely step in more during the development or even buy out GT.

Buy out? Guys, what are you talking about?

Sony owns PD and does GT. So, Sony owns GT. Capiche?

Sony is a business. As soon as GT lose a big chunk of its sales... and I mean, instead of selling 10 million it sells like 1 million... they will check what is happening.

But the numbers says to them that it's ok... GT6 will sell in worst case, around 5-6 millions.

And forget about saying that Kaz need to be replaced. He's the soul of GT... what I think it would be good is to let some new folks enter the team, from all around the world. That would be interesting. And I think that may be happening, with the help of Lucas Ordonez in the team, and more talents will emerge and join them... with time... it's a slow process.

I see Polyphony Digital, in the long term, with Kaz as CEO and leader and a board of counsellors from all regions of the globe... 4-5 people, probably GT Academy Winners helping with the ideas and a better understanding of all regions.

It's already happening. Plus, Kaz being in contact with the design studios for the Vision GT project... a whole lot of different minds. It will happen, the change will happen, but it'll take a while to be done right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta say. Those "standard" models are a joke. You can compare this game with a professional artist's portfolio. In a good portfolio, you include only your best projects, so it looks good to whoever sees it. In a bad portfolio, you include all of your projects, good and bad ones, and the bad ones bring the overall level down. This seems to be the case with Gran Turismo.

Since the UCD is gone I'll probably be avoiding the standard cars for awhile. There aren't any rare standards now so what's the point of buying a poorly modeled car to show off now?

Back