* * * GT6 QUICK TUNE * * * TUNISMO APP NOW AVAILABLE FOR iOS!

Hi O'Lock.

Could you offer some advise on the following 6 speed gearbox set up?

I was unable to enter the initial settings so adjusted the final speed slider until gear 5 was 0.998 I was then able to adjust all six to match the QT spreadsheet.

Testing on Grad Valley speedway which has a 1/2 mile straight and a reasonably fast entering onto the straight. All other cars I have set are up are fine but even with the final gear set to a maximum of 6.000 I'm still 750rpm short of max power rpm with this car.

The above is fine as you can use the extra rpm to drag another car in a race but it must be costing a me a small amount of acceleration in a timed event.

Thanks JTF.

Tuning Feedback.

While testing some QT settings I took a the approach of making the changes one a time instead of loading all the numbers.

With the Suspension Level set to "3" the car, (Mazda RX8), felt good but needed more speed thought the apex on corners. I added the Damper settings, "7", and tested. The car felt more planted on the corners but I would lose control over the curbs, this resulted in slower lap times as I had to alter my racing line.

I then brought the settings back to default, changed the Suspension Level to "4". This time the car still felt planted but ran the curbs much better.

In the General Tuning Guide by DolHaus, In the section on dampers he states "generally if you use hard springs you should use soft damper settings and vice versa".

My experience above seem to agree with this.

Cheers JTF

Thanks for the feedback. Mixing and matching settings from different suspension levels is definitely a valid strategy, I do it myself every now and then. DolHaus' guide is very good, but I disagree about totally inverting the dampers and springs. The main function of dampers is to control suspension oscillations, the higher the spring rate the more damping is required. If you've ever seen a car bounce around on lowering springs with crummy stock shocks you'll understand what I mean. Overdamping is not quite as bad but not not ideal, either. If you do choose to soften the shocks with high spring rates, I'd suggest softening the compression only and keeping the extension relatively hard.

Last edited:
From Motor City Hami's guide.

"Should normally be set relative to spring rate (similar distance across slider)".

This agrees with the increased spring rate and increased dampers.

As I said in my post I felt the car was planted in the corners but didn't ride the curbs. I'll try adjusting the compression and extension as you say and see if it rides the curbs better.

It really helpful when the various guides disagree with each other, makes learning to tune more interesting.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers JTF

Hello and good day to you, and thanks a 1 000 000 again for the help with the calculations, entering tuned car data right now, which brings me to this; my memory of the stratos you tuned a while back was that it was a pretty good car, so I re-tried it to see if I could use it as a base setting for MR cars, I'm having a little difficulty driving it, have you re-tried it since?, has GT6 physics changed so much? Have I gone to the dogs as a driver?? No rush, I've got your Rocket, NSX, Countach, and Renault 5 to test for MR's, maybe you can tell me which ones you prefer.

Hello and good day to you, and thanks a 1 000 000 again for the help with the calculations, entering tuned car data right now, which brings me to this; my memory of the stratos you tuned a while back was that it was a pretty good car, so I re-tried it to see if I could use it as a base setting for MR cars, I'm having a little difficulty driving it, have you re-tried it since?, has GT6 physics changed so much? Have I gone to the dogs as a driver?? No rush, I've got your Rocket, NSX, Countach, and Renault 5 to test for MR's, maybe you can tell me which ones you prefer.

You're welcome. I think my Stratos tune was as stable as I could make it using QT and without using ballast, but it's always remained a handful. I that's just inherent with any car with a rear weight bias and what appear to be skinny, non staggered tires. Of the four cars you meantioned, I would say the Countach, NSX, and Rocket drive to my satisfaction. I wouldn't use either the Stratos or Renault 5 tune as a basis for anything.

You're welcome. I think my Stratos tune was as stable as I could make it using QT and without using ballast, but it's always remained a handful. I that's just inherent with any car with a rear weight bias and what appear to be skinny, non staggered tires. Of the four cars you meantioned, I would say the Countach, NSX, and Rocket drive to my satisfaction. I wouldn't use either the Stratos or Renault 5 tune as a basis for anything.
Thanks, I did try the Renault, it was a blast but not what I'm looking for, but I loved the 2000GT:tup:, and the Impreza:tup:, and I almost forgot the A110:tup: was a super delight, I also took the Viper GTS, the Countach and the NSX, all great cars, just loved those first three more. I sort of find it ironic in making an emulator that uses for data base a program generated tuning, kind of like a clones clone:lol:. I'm also on the lookout for cars from PD that drive great out of the box, Praiano suggested the Vantage V12 '10 (FR) which I found pretty good, and DolHaus gave me a list of models he thought were special out of the box, I took the RX500 from that list and mine (will try the rest of the list as time permits). So I'm still looking for a couple of FF's and 4WD, if you have any ideas your opinion is always valued. Really liked the Impreza, if my Subaru Outback H6 3.0 would drive like that I'd stop calling it "my 'ol tractor".

Thanks, I did try the Renault, it was a blast but not what I'm looking for, but I loved the 2000GT:tup:, and the Impreza:tup:, and I almost forgot the A110:tup: was a super delight, I also took the Viper GTS, the Countach and the NSX, all great cars, just loved those first three more. I sort of find it ironic in making an emulator that uses for data base a program generated tuning, kind of like a clones clone:lol:. I'm also on the lookout for cars from PD that drive great out of the box, Praiano suggested the Vantage V12 '10 (FR) which I found pretty good, and DolHaus gave me a list of models he thought were special out of the box, I took the RX500 from that list and mine (will try the rest of the list as time permits). So I'm still looking for a couple of FF's and 4WD, if you have any ideas your opinion is always valued. Really liked the Impreza, if my Subaru Outback H6 3.0 would drive like that I'd stop calling it "my 'ol tractor".

Glad you liked those tunes. I don't really drive a lot of cars "out of the box", as soon as I obtain one it usually goes straight into the tune shop. As far as tuned AWD cars go, I'm quite happy with the R35 Black and the Mine's R34 I posted. The best handling FFs are the ones that PD has inexplicably graced with totally unrealistic 53/47 weight distribution such as the the Sciracco and Clio RS. I don't even like driving them because they drive way better than any FF should.

Just tried both, R35 Black and the Mines, both are very good but I prefer the Mines, I find the steering direction is more precise, has less oversteer, keeps more tire contact to the road over bumps, and most of all it sounds better :lol:, so I've put that one in with the Imprezza, to bad you don't do FF cars, you know you won't catch a decease if you buy one. Thanks again, as soon as I finish finding the cars that I'm missing I'll post you the file. I didn't try your rocket because I already had two of them, one of them I got from an alien, thought it would be good to have a few of their tunings in there, might learn a new language.:cheers:

Big fan of Quick Tune and the new Tunismo App here! One question: which Quick Tune version is Tunismo based on and will it be updated each time Quick Tune is?

Right now the app is using the latest QT version, which is v4.3. I fully expect the developer to update it as I make alterations, but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment and I don't foresee any changes until after GT7 is released.

The big camber discussion might be the only thing to change in the near future. I read here you started to set 1 degree as default basic camber value. Personally I still feel more comfortable when setting it back to 0...but that might just be me and I have not fully tested it like some other people are doing it right now on the forum. Keep up the good work 👍

I've quickly skimmed though the camber thread but I'm not sure what conclusions, if any, were arrived at. Since the camber fix, every car I've went back to and added camber to felt smoother and more predictable as a result, so I feel content with the current default. Whatever works for you is fine, of course.

As always, glad to see people still find it useful after all this time. :cheers:

Of course it's useful and will always be I guess.
If I wanted to comment or add my 5 cents regarding the Tunismo App itself, where should I do so? There's no form of contact on the App's homepage. While the Quick Tune implementation is fine, the App could use some more features like saving cars / tunes. I find myself re-tuning the same cars over and over again on my iPhone since every time you use it for another car, the previous setup is gone and going back to that is basically starting from zero again, looking up the standard settings for ride height, springs rates etc. even if you only want to make a small change on an already existing tuned car (handling adjustment depending on track, tires, camber...).

That's a good idea, actually. Next time I talk to Anthony from FlameFront I'll forward your suggestion. Not sure if it will happen, but I'll give it a shot.

They're scattered from page 3 to page 9 of this thread. What do you mean?
Well for someone who is as good as you with data lists of all kinds :P, this is just an idea but how about an index for those tunes :lol:.

It's real nice to see people are still using it and having fun. I sure miss those days in the Difficult Car Of the Month with you :), and it's real cool to still have you here 👍. Take care and :cheers:.

Well for someone who is as good as you with data lists of all kinds :P, this is just an idea but how about an index for those tunes :lol:.

Not a terrible idea, but honestly the goal of posting tunes wasn't to become a tuning house per se. The primary objectives were a) to demonstrate how I use Quick Tune personally for people to use as a guide when creating their own tunes and b) to bump my own thread. :embarrassed:

It's real nice to see people are still using it and having fun. I sure miss those days in the Difficult Car Of the Month with you :), and it's real cool to still have you here 👍. Take care and :cheers:.

Thanks man. Yeah, unfortunately I've sort of fallen out of GT and got sucked into http://automationgame.com/ and some other things which eat up my free time. My driving skills are a bit rusty, but maybe I'll do another competition sometime. ;)

OK, found some, thanks for your help. I don't know whereo to even begin to learn how to tune, so thanks man

No problemo.

hi oppositelock, any news for the android vers? bought the apple vers for my bulky ipad but would be happy too to have the android vers for my small mobile phone 👍

hi oppositelock, any news for the android vers? bought the apple vers for my bulky ipad but would be happy too to have the android vers for my small mobile phone 👍
I've spoken to the developer about it, and due to slower than expected sales of the Apple app he's decided the cost/benefit ratio isn't there for an Android version at this time. Thanks for your interest, though.

I've spoken to the developer about it, and due to slower than expected sales of the Apple app he's decided the cost/benefit ratio isn't there for an Android version at this time. Thanks for your interest, though.

Sad to hear, thanks anyway

Back