GT6 Review Thread

IGN review is terrible, the reviewer starts off with negative comments and all he seems to care about is sound and damage.
I wonder why? :dopey:
It didn't believe IGN when they scored GT5 a mere 8 when it came out, and went ahead and bought it anyway only to be disappointed with the game. It's only normal he makes people aware of the bad points like sounds, damage and standards as those are things the average punter wouldn't expect when purchasing GT6, and will surely make for a bad surprise.

From what i heard and saw so far about GT6 here on the forum, 8/10 is the right score.

Excatly. Seriously, don't know why they never do that and think "Well, it's time to make a review" yeah, after playing 8 to 11 hours.... :rolleyes:
They had the game for a week already, it's not like they have to go to the store and buy it on release like the rest of us...

I know, but I expected at least around 8.5. Oh well, at least 8 is better than "65/100", really?
Yeah that one is ridiculous, make a car guy review the racing games at least.
On the other hand i saw another reviewer state that "he's not really into cars", and then scoring GT6 a 9/10, so it works both ways :)

I guess his hobby is gardening or cleaning the house as he doesn't mind lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners :D

Wow. You always find a way to mention this thing again and again. You should make a synonyms list of GT sounds..
However, I do think that any GT game deserves -20% points from the review score just for sounds.

Most controversial/back handed compliment quote of the reviews comes from Gamesradar:

It’s almost as if it’s been designed with the player in mind and not just the enjoyment of Kazunori Yamauchi.

IGN review is terrible, the reviewer starts off with negative comments and all he seems to care about is sound and damage.

"GT6's incredible array of tracks and fantastic driving dynamics are still being undermined by old series gripes."

Is that not a fair assessment?

I thought the IGN review summed up the issues with the game better than most (and that isn't setting the bar very high). The reviewer actually knew what he was talking about. However it is still IGN, so they wouldn't score it lower than 8/10.

Rushed reviews... the low scores are bad reviews.

It's just as easy to score a game an 8/10 or 9/10 and not displease potential advertisers on your site as well. Read the Telegraph review, they gave it five stars and yet the only thing it basically says is "it has 1200 cars, the grass is slippery and the menus are faster".

"GT6's incredible array of tracks and fantastic driving dynamics are still being undermined by old series gripes."

I thought the IGN review summed up the issues with the game better than most (and that isn't setting the bar very high). The reviewer actually knew what he was talking about. However it is still IGN, so they wouldn't score it lower than 8/10.

It's just as easy to score a game an 8/10 or 9/10 and not displease potential advertisers on your site as well. Read the Telegraph review, they gave it five stars and yet the only thing it basically says is "it has 1200 cars, the grass is slippery and the menus are faster".
No it actually said, "I am a racecar driver, and I love cars. 5/5" lol.

Polygon gives a 9 to GT6? well, that's weird.

"Gran Turismo 6 rights almost all of the wrongs of its predecessor to deliver one of the most expansive, beautiful and enjoyable racing simulations ever seen. If only the AI and damage modelling were better, this would be the perfect racing game."

I agree. The sound engine will come later, so that's not a problem. If GT5 has a 82 of average in Metacritic, this game will have at least a 90 :P

After all, the best reviewer in our opinion, is ourself :)

I think that is a fair summary. The game plagued with issues from previous games. How can it be wrong to acknowledge this fact?

I'd be more concerned if these things wernt mentioned.

And to those calling these reviews "rushed".... Please grow up lol

IGN only sometimes reviews like it has to be, most of the times they just say crap with games that deserve a higher score.

Reviewers that put a 60 to this kind of games, are just "unknown people", or like how we say in my country "4 de copas".

Polygon gives a 9 to GT6? well, that's weird.

"Gran Turismo 6 rights almost all of the wrongs of its predecessor to deliver one of the most expansive, beautiful and enjoyable racing simulations ever seen. If only the AI and damage modelling were better, this would be the perfect racing game."

I agree. The sound engine will come later, so that's not a problem. If GT5 has a 82 of average in Metacritic, this game will have at least a 90 :P

After all, the best reviewer in our opinion, is ourself :)
I think it should be about 90 too. Its not ground breaking like GT1 and GT3, but its better than GT5 (which got 84) but everytime the 2nd game on the same console got the lower rating.

I think it should be about 90 too. Its not ground breaking like GT1 and GT3, but its better than GT5 (which got 84) but everytime the 2nd game on the same console got the lower rating.
But why the lower rating? GT2 was way better than GT1, and GT4 than GT3, this is the same. If that happens, then this system is 🤬 up.

Rushed reviews... the low scores are bad reviews.

Having played the game for 3 days so far, I would have to disagree. It's the other way around. How can you rate something high when the biggest flaws of its past still persist and it even has features missing over its predecessor? A 70/100 sounds about right if not a tad generous.

Having played the game for 3 days so far, I would have to disagree. It's the other way around. How can you rate something high when the biggest flaws of its past still persist and it even has features missing over its predecessor? A 70/100 sounds about right if not a tad generous.
The name adds a +2 modifier I think.

But why the lower rating? GT2 was way better than GT1, and GT4 than GT3, this is the same. If that happens, then this system is 🤬 up.

But there is more improvement from GT2 to GT3 and GT4 to GT5, but GT5 didn't score very well... I don't really know why. Too difficult for the casuals? Venture kinda tells us that... He crashed 3 times on the first race, so he quit the game and posted his review. :D

The high scoring reviews are not rushed either??? Surely it works both ways here.

After looking through them a little Gamespot and Polygon have the best reviews, IMO. Gamespot has refused to score it until next week, and Polygon gave it a 9/10. Telegraph gave it a 5/5 but I don't think she played it for more than 20-30 minutes. lol!

Regarding gt6 being called gt5.5 is not really fair considering kaz said he wanted 2 more years to finish it. Well he has had 2 years so that would make gt6 actually gt5 and gt5 was really gt4.5

Most controversial/back handed compliment quote of the reviews comes from Gamesradar:

It’s almost as if it’s been designed with the player in mind and not just the enjoyment of Kazunori Yamauchi.

Hahahaha, what??

Last edited by a moderator:
But there is more improvement from GT2 to GT3 and GT4 to GT5, but GT5 didn't score very well... I don't really know why. Too difficult for the casuals? Venture kinda tells us that... He crashed 3 times on the first race, so he quit the game and posted his review. :D

The only "not great" improvement is the graphical, because of the hardware's limitation, but the other changes that we mostly can't see, but feel when we play, those changes are there. And who the hell is Venture? Another "unknown guy" for sure :D

You know why? Because it's three years later. What could have been revolutionary and exciting three years ago is maybe commonplace now.

Had GT6 been released when GT5 was, it'd probably be a ~90% game. Had it been released in 2008 it would have been a 95+% game.

Times change. GT6 is unquestionably a better game than GT5 when compared directly. Is it a better game for the time it's released in? Arguably not.

It's funny that 'gripes' just depend on the genre.

Pretty sure every JRPG in existence has the same gripes of being monotonous to a certain point and still this doesnt get mentioned.

Forza and GT on the other hand constantly get slated for haveing inferior damage models.

Regarding gt6 being called gt5.5 is not really fair considering kaz said he wanted 2 more years to finish it. Well he has had 2 years so that would make gt6 actually gt5 and gt5 was really gt4.5
He says a lot of things. And think about it.. if that were true then GT6 wouldn't turned about to be much better.

If this was his end goal then wow.....

Back