GT6 Review Thread

He kind of skipped over a lot of the info many people wanted to see such as standard car customizing ability and some special events. I personally think the garage looks a little cheap, for lack of a better word. Though, it does seem to flow much better.

Apparently Sony/PD provided them with that footage and they couldn't go into too much detail.

Found it interesting when he said that the engine sounds sound no different from the previous game... Or something like that.

I think sony and PD are a bit afraid for a possible :censored:storm with the reviews, thus the embargo until release to avoid many punters changing their minds...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think sony and PD are a bit afraid for a possible :censored:storm with the reviews, thus the embargo until release to avoid many punters changing their minds...

oooooofffff course that's what you think. Doesn't it sound more likely that they want the full game to be available before the reviews come out? Or that maybe they're trying to make sure that the reviews that do come out are thorough by having an embargo? I have never once seen a company launch a product that they thought wasn't good. Even if the product isn't good, the company and the people who worked on it don't know it until they are told it's not good.

Well, I'm pretty sure that they dont see GT6 as finished. But, that's what downloadable updates are for!
/sarcasm off

Funny you added "finished" to that. We all know PD and Kaz never consider GT "finished". But you are going to sit there and honestly tell me you think PD didn't think GT5 was good when it launched? Who are you trying to kid? Me? Or you?
I think you are basically kidding yourself ;)

Doesn't it sound more likely that they want the full game to be available before the reviews come out?

If the patch only brings "unlocking online features"(and I'm sure that this is what will happen) then the purpose of this embargo is to sell a lot of games before the official reviews...

If there are surprises with this "day 1 patch"(and I really hope that) then I will admit I was wrong...

If the patch only brings "unlocking online features"(and I'm sure that this is what will happen) then the purpose of this embargo is to sell a lot of games before the official reviews...

If there are surprises with this "day 1 patch"(and I really hope that) then I will admit I was wrong...

My thoughts exactly. A decision no doubt made by PR/Marketing.

It's a real shame and makes me wonder how confident PD are about this game.

I could tell you what you can do with your counter argument tough! :dopey:
I think he's talking about how you are always countering all the positive posts about GT6 with negative posts. Weeks ago you were really in a pissed off mood like Imari and nobody liked you for that, but now you seem to be pretty much chilling along and maybe add a little of this and that, and people are surprised you are not going to burst their bubbles, myself included.

There are people on GTP that are judging one of us right now. I should really stop that.

So the online 'features' are not considered part of the game? Are you not going to go online at all?

Of course they are therefore they need to be considered for an accurate review, if that side of the game isn't available yet then how can you rate it?

So the online 'features' are not considered part of the game? Are you not going to go online at all?

Of course they are therefore they need to be considered for an accurate review, if that side of the game isn't available yet then how can you rate it?

Ok, let me be more accurate :

If the patch only brings "unlocking online features" and it is the same as GT5 (except for the unbelievable feature that let you share your lobby setting with your friend OMG!), then the purpose of this embargo is to sell a lot of games before the official reviews...

If there are surprises with this "day 1 patch" including surprises in the online mode(like AI cars ?) then I will admit I was wrong...

I doubt this has anything to do with patches. I bet all of the major game critics have already completed their reviews of the full game.

The powers that be rather we buy now and discuss later lol.... Unfortunately, I'll be buying on day one. I just hope it's miles better than GT5

I doubt this has anything to do with patches. I bet all of the major game critics have already completed their reviews of the full game.

The powers that be rather we buy now and discuss later lol.... Unfortunately, I'll be buying on day one. I just hope it's miles better than GT5
If you really expect it to be miles better I would read the reviews first, from what I read so far from people that already own it it's basically GT5.5, so more like inches better instead of miles :D

If you really expect it to be miles better I would read the reviews first, from what I read so far from people that already own it it's basically GT5.5, so more like inches better instead of miles :D

Then I feel let down lol. Begs the question why they've even made it.

Despite this I'll still buy because it's the only console based sim racer out here.

Too bad his preview is ver. 1.00... The Day 1 Patch will be 1.01, I want to see that one. Also, someone who had the game said you can get GT6 for physics alone, as there are improved.

I don't recall anyone complaining about GT5's handling... I thought they were fine. I have no doubt they'll be as good in GT6.

My biggest concerns are content, presentation and AI.

I don't recall anyone complaining about GT5's handling... I thought they were fine. I have no doubt they'll be as good in GT6.

My biggest concerns are content, presentation and AI.

As far as content did you notice the total stars in the stats screen was about 540, at 3 stars per race that's around 180 individual races. Not sure if there are stars awarded for other aspects of the game

So let me get this straight...You think that PD, the company that has been showing it's new game off at every possible venue since may. Is ashamed of the game it has created and his holding back reviews because they fear that they will hurt sales? Yeah, that makes sense.

You know what would help this situation? If we had a little bit more information about embargo's and how they are normally used. If only we had like...and article or something...

*poof*
http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...s-of-review-game-embargoes-a-guide-to-what-it

Well would you look at that! I wonder what the article has to say...

“In some cases an embargo date is meant to give media outlets time to create their story – whether it’s video or a written piece,”

“Around E3, I hear grumblings from media folks about demos that aren’t embargoed. It means their story is rushed and often times it results in errors or misinformation being distributed and it causes headaches for everyone involved on the publisher side and on the editorial side.”

"The review embargo makes sure that everyone is given a chance to play the game, and it removes the impulse to rush through a release to get your review up first."

It's the very first thing they talk about in the "why" section of the article. I wonder if anyone brought that up already on here?

"Or that maybe they're trying to make sure that the reviews that do come out are thorough by having an embargo?"

Yup, there it is.

The idea that they are holding back reviews because they think they will hurt sales is nothing more than a conspiracy theory/wishful thinking by people hoping for the game to fail.

Hi everyone

If anyone is concerned about forthcoming EG's review , there's a quote from review on GT6 PS3 bundle and it goes > GT6's handling changes everything... I guess review will be GOOD :D

Conspiracy theory > there's no 10/10 score beside quote , as it is on Last of Us packed in this bundle. So , maybe just 9/10,8/10,7/10 ? But then , I don't think Sony would quote some less desired reviews on package.

Attachments

• 554867_360_250.jpeg
    554867_360_250.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi everyone

If anyone is concerned about forthcoming EG's review , there's a quote from review on GT6 PS3 bundle and it goes > GT6's handling changes everything... I guess review will be GOOD :D

Conspiracy theory > there's no 10/10 score beside quote , as it is on Last of Us packed in this bundle. So , maybe just 9/10,8/10,7/10 ? But then , I don't think Sony would quote some less desired reviews on package.
The reason why they don't include GT6's score is because they couldn't fit all the digits on the box. :lol:

A Googleplex/10.

So let me get this straight...You think that PD, the company that has been showing it's new game off at every possible venue since may. Is ashamed of the game it has created and his holding back reviews because they fear that they will hurt sales? Yeah, that makes sense.

You know what would help this situation? If we had a little bit more information about embargo's and how they are normally used. If only we had like...and article or something...

*poof*
http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/...s-of-review-game-embargoes-a-guide-to-what-it

Well would you look at that! I wonder what the article has to say...

“In some cases an embargo date is meant to give media outlets time to create their story – whether it’s video or a written piece,”

“Around E3, I hear grumblings from media folks about demos that aren’t embargoed. It means their story is rushed and often times it results in errors or misinformation being distributed and it causes headaches for everyone involved on the publisher side and on the editorial side.”

"The review embargo makes sure that everyone is given a chance to play the game, and it removes the impulse to rush through a release to get your review up first."

It's the very first thing they talk about in the "why" section of the article. I wonder if anyone brought that up already on here?

"Or that maybe they're trying to make sure that the reviews that do come out are thorough by having an embargo?"

Yup, there it is.

The idea that they are holding back reviews because they think they will hurt sales is nothing more than a conspiracy theory/wishful thinking by people hoping for the game to fail.

Your article talks about embargo -> thanks I didn't know how to use Google! Here, we are talking about an embargo with a day 1 patch, just 1 day before the end of the embargo with a review ban...

PD are not alone, there is also Sony and I think that they can choose/decide a lot of things about marketing. If Kaz talk so easily about a gran turismo 7 on PS4, I begin to think that perhaps he wanted GT6 on PS4 and they've been "forced" to launch a second gran turismo on PS3 -> look at the bundles (console, DS3 etc...) !

The game will not be bad, it's still a gran turismo. But if you read carefully what the majority of the lucky owners said after a couple of days on the game : "a little underwhelming". And IMO this feeling could have a huge impact on sales...

I think that this GT6 will be really far from the GT4 score (as a second gt on the same hardware) and I think that Sony knows that...

Last edited:
They gonna compare the excellent physics and lighting with the sounds, standards and challenge factor in career mode, so positive meets negative and that mostly ends with a 7 or 8.

Your article talks about embargo -> thanks I didn't know how to use Google! Here, we are talking about an embargo with a day 1 patch, just 1 day before the end of the embargo with a review ban...

PD are not alone, there is also Sony and I think that they can choose/decide a lot of things about marketing. If Kaz talk so easily about a gran turismo 7 on PS4, I begin to think that perhaps he wanted GT6 on PS4 and they've been "forced" to launch a second gran turismo on PS3 -> look at the bundles (console, DS3 etc...) !

The game will not be bad, it's still a gran turismo. But if you read carefully what the majority of the lucky owners said after a couple of days on the game : "a little underwhelming". And IMO this feeling could have a huge impact on sales...

I think that this GT6 will be really far from the GT4 score (as a second gt on the same hardware) and I think that Sony knows that...

Knowing how to use google and actually using it are two very different things. I just figured it would be better to actually know a little bit about what we were talking about rather than just have a bunch of people on here talking out of there asses.

I fail to see how the day 1 patch changes the nature of the embargo. Unless as I said earlier, that they want people to have the full version of the game (I imagine reviewers got the patch at least a little bit early) before they publish the reviews

Of course they are going to talk about GT on the PS4. That was the big question when we found out GT6 would be on the PS3. Would Kaz have liked GT6 on the PS4? I'm sure he would have, but you really think he doesn't see the benefit of having it on the PS3 without having to start over?

You're seeing "a little underwhelming" from a "majority" of the people who got the game early? Most people who have the game have done little more than answer questions about the game. We've had very little actual impressions thus far and the few we've had have often been after minutes of playing.

This all hinges on the reviews being bad by the way...so what happens if they're good?

Back