GT6 Sales Discussion

Here we go. :lol:

Will see in other more popular markets and in some time in the official PD numbers, with more updates, more features, reduced price, etc.

The final number will depend of how much delays GT7 in PS4 and how much physical versions will released meanwhile.

So, here we are, trying to create drama over supposedly 'disastrous' sales figures...all based on a few figures from a few places, only 3 days after release.

I swear some people were just waiting for the 'go' sign to start this 🤬

whether the game sells 500k or 5million the numbers themselves are quite irrelevant to the discussion at hand...while Gran Turismo remains the best console racer "on the track" in terms of physics...it has completely fallen behind the times in almost every other area...the UI is finally quite acceptable in GT6...actually more than acceptable, its good...

but its a game stuck in in the 1990's...and its competition is racing (pun intended) ahead...

It's not a very good game. GT5 is actually better. GT5 feels more rewarding when driving.

There is a lot of tear up on GT6 which happened only rarely on GT5.

The only saving grace is that they can update and hopefully make it a good game. I feel very cheated out of £40.

Apparently everyone sees something I don't. It's so crowded on that bandwagon I think the wheels are going to collapse

GT6 sales bandwagon.jpg

Gran Turismo 5 - 1051pt (410,486 first week, 600,860 total)
Gran Turismo 6 - 325pt

A. What's a pt?
B. GT5 first week was 410k then what's the 600K total refer to?
C. 325pt is closer to 1/3 of 1051 and that's in basically 3 days not a week...and they can't possibly have completely up to date accurate figures..whatever a pt is.

Here's an idea 💡💡 Let's wait more than 3 days before we condemn GT6 sales:idea:💡 Give it through the holiday season before the sky falls in maybe?:lol:

Last edited:
Also, how much time did we wait between GT5 and GT6? what was the wait between GT5 prologue and GT5 proper?

the fact that there was a shorter time between 5 and 6 makse me think that somew people are going to complete GT5 before buying and going for GT6.

That is a feeling I have at least one my friends confirmed. Plus, when I told my friend about some of the changes in GT6, he asked me bluntly why did PD has not made GT6 more like GT5, with a spec and b- spec and not licence specific.

so there you have it.

I think PD would be happy with 5 million copies sold all things connsidered.

Watching this video I noticed Gt5 sounds seem to have a HUGE amount of hiss to them. I am not talking about the wind sounds, they are just 90% hiss. There is also a lack of any distinct Turbo soudns blow-off reverb etc. People want that stuff exxagerated, and GT5 underplays these even compared to real life.

In real life your brain would filter out most of the hiss anyway I really think they should tone down their realism aspect of sounds and go for more brute sounds.

I was racing with the clio last night and i just git really really annoyed with the hoover sound, It really is a joke.

They could fix this short term very easily, When i drove passed the Lotus Europa it had a nice rasp to the exhaust as have a few other cars, PD should get rid of the hoover sound and put the exhaust sound in all views cockpit, bumper view etc

Also, how much time did we wait between GT5 and GT6? what was the wait between GT5 prologue and GT5 proper?

the fact that there was a shorter time between 5 and 6 makse me think that somew people are going to complete GT5 before buying and going for GT6.

That is a feeling I have at least one my friends confirmed. Plus, when I told my friend about some of the changes in GT6, he asked me bluntly why did PD has not made GT6 more like GT5, with a spec and b- spec and not licence specific.

so there you have it.

Nope...less than 30% of GT5 players even made it to the first "short" ending movie...less than 20% make it to the "long" version...and that happens WAAAAAAYYYY before completion of the game itself...

GT6 sales are suffering because of GT5...but not because people are trying to complete GT5 before moving on...

A Mazda has bass? Those rotary motors are about the highest pitch screaming motors I have ever heard other than F1, I can't stand them!

While it's true they really scream up to 9,000RPM (7-9k sounds like a motorbike) when the revs are low they burble quite nicely (Skip to 1:12)

Where is any of that in GT6? It doesn't exist.

While it's true they really scream up to 9,000RPM (7-9k sounds like a motorbike) when the revs are low they burble quite nicely (Skip to 1:12)

Where is any of that in GT6? It doesn't exist.

"burble" might be the last word id use to describe that exhaust note...

Because they barely did any actual marketing...
This is the reason it isnt selling i guarantee it.If it wasnt for me being a GTplanet user I wouldve never known about GT6,None of my friends even knew it was out.Sony probably assumed everyone frequents gaming sites and relied on the internet for marketing,obviously not a smart move

Watching this video I noticed Gt5 sounds seem to have a HUGE amount of hiss to them. I am not talking about the wind sounds, they are just 90% hiss. There is also a lack of any distinct Turbo soudns blow-off reverb etc. People want that stuff exxagerated, and GT5 underplays these even compared to real life.

In real life your brain would filter out most of the hiss anyway I really think they should tone down their realism aspect of sounds and go for more brute sounds.

Most stock, turbocharged cars with stock (restricted) exhaust will "hiss" from the exhaust under load.

This is the reason it isnt selling i guarantee it.If it wasnt for me being a GTplanet user I wouldve never known about GT6,None of my friends even knew it was out.Sony probably assumed everyone frequents gaming sites and relied on the internet for marketing,obviously not a smart move
Especially since that internet word of mouth includes a lot of talk about poor design decisions, negative impressions, etc.

Especially since that internet word of mouth includes a lot of talk about poor design decisions, negative impressions, etc.
That too and constant comparisons to Forza.I honestly havent seen a positive discussion outside of Gtplanet about GT6,beyond that I haven't seen any marketing at all here in Canada..no commercials,internet ads trailers anything.

This is great news and I really hope it continues like that. Any complaint fans make about the state of the game doesn't amount to much when the game keeps on selling and selling until it goes above 10 million. Crappy sales will serve as the best wake-up call.
Me too. Then maybe when they dont sell enough copies we might not get another GT game

I think it is hilarious to hear these people who are bashing GT5 and PD spin it to make it sound as though they are in the majority. The majority of GT5 players are/were casual gamers and they loved it.
No one would ever asked a serious, niche gamer about the quality of said game because it would never be "perfect" enough for they're standards.

I could name a ton things about GT5 I would have liked better, cars and tracks I wanted in the game, and various other improvements. But I still played it for over 2 years with seemingly thousands from this site and many, many more.

When there is a time trial 2 years after release and there are 50,000 participants, that is the indication of the quality of the game. Not a niche gamer who is angry at PD for not involving them in the games' creation.

I didnt buy it because I asked family to get it for me for christmas. And it turns out my brother in law asked for it too. So thats 2 sales that are not accounted for in week 1, wouldnt be surprised if a lot of others did the same thing.

I'm sure that 2-3 million sales will be the death of Sony's biggest exclusive.

/sarcasm

If Sony think GT's time is up they would kill it. Want an example?

Shift sold 5 million copies, Shift 2, 1 million. EA canned the franchise. That's what Publishers do. They cut their losses as soon as it becomes apparent that sales aren't meeting expectations.

They need to fix the bugs and put this on PS4 ASAP. I know people who refuse to buy games for an "old" system. I absolutely REFUSE to buy NASCAR 2014 when it hits early next year. Simply because they will not step up and put it on next gen systems.

If Sony think GT's time is up they would kill it. Want an example?

Shift sold 5 million copies, Shift 2, 1 million. EA canned the franchise. That's what Publishers do. They cut their losses as soon as it becomes apparent that sales aren't meeting expectations.

They would never kill it. It's like Top Gear, a big massive car industry market and the car industry love it.

Back