GT6 to be available on PSN for digital download

Great, Got a SSD drive. That will go a lot quicker then.
I can buy PSN cards with high discounts. So this is a win win for me.

i1UX3QtuhIwvAG.jpg

I want that parking for photomode location now :drool:

Some issues I've had with digital version of GT5P where I can no longer use it because the 2 machines I had downloaded it to are dead. They limit you on moving it to a new machine, can't be moved as many times as you want for some reason, even if you deactivate a machine it was on. This is never an issue with a disk.

Where does it give that listed 30Gb needed disk space required? That 30 Gb installed sounded small considering a bluray will hold more than 2x that.

If they offer an english version I may get it if it runs faster, that would be a big plus. What they really need to do is offer an option to install much much more of the game off the disk, then you get the best of both worlds.

Do you guys think that decision to sell credits will push ingame car prices higher so that they can make more money from credit sales?

Nah, if you look at the news post here you can see that "cars you can buy for 1mil credits". Looks preety standard like in past games.

And I pre-ordered the digital SE of the game. Gotta have them all.

Where does it give that listed 30Gb needed disk space required? That 30 Gb installed sounded small considering a bluray will hold more than 2x that.

If they offer an english version I may get it if it runs faster, that would be a big plus. What they really need to do is offer an option to install much much more of the game off the disk, then you get the best of both worlds.

It says the client is 14.3 or some gigs. Where did you get that 30 figure?

Nah, if you look at the news post here you can see that "cars you can buy for 1mil credits". Looks preety standard like in past games.

And I pre-ordered the digital SE of the game. Gotta have them all.

It says the client is 14.3 or some gigs. Where did you get that 30 figure?
A digital version needs twice the space for back up, so gt6 is 15gb, so it's needs 30gb of free space

Considering FIFA14 is about £55 in the PlayStation store (compared to £39 for the physical version on Amazon) be prepared for a 20% hike in price for digital version of GT6 too.

Will buy the physical version of the game.
Have had some problems with my downloaded games, ex. GTA V have some serious framerate drops and texture loading problems. And its not only me, many people who have downloaded the game from the store also have this problem.
This was because (what iv heard) GTA was designed to read from both the hardrive and the disc.
The downloaded version only read the hardrive and that was/is the problem.

Buuut, hopefully GT6 doesn't have this problem.

Considering FIFA14 is about £55 in the PlayStation store (compared to £39 for the physical version on Amazon) be prepared for a 20% hike in price for digital version of GT6 too.

Depends on the region :) Asian HK PSN Store sells GT6 Digital Download for only HK $412, as long as you have credit card or HK $ PSN Voucher, you can buy it, and DLC are cheaper too.

The physical copy equivalent - Limited Ed costs HK $ 459 - with optional premium preorder bonus - 8 GB USB GT6 car and Windbreaker.

GT6_jacket.png

GT6_USB.png

HMV HK sells them online and ships worldwide.

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=1441

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/games.asp?sku=220186

Will buy the physical version of the game.
Have had some problems with my downloaded games, ex. GTA V have some serious framerate drops and texture loading problems. And its not only me, many people who have downloaded the game from the store also have this problem.
This was because (what iv heard) GTA was designed to read from both the hardrive and the disc.
The downloaded version only read the hardrive and that was/is the problem.

Buuut, hopefully GT6 doesn't have this problem.
Isn't that due to "lower spec" hard drives used in manufacturing PS3s to keep cost low?
Upgraded mine to a 750gb Caviar Black, so I shouldn't have any issues if I were to download GTAV from PSN, unless the game really does have code deficiencies.

Last edited:
Some issues I've had with digital version of GT5P where I can no longer use it because the 2 machines I had downloaded it to are dead. They limit you on moving it to a new machine, can't be moved as many times as you want for some reason, even if you deactivate a machine it was on. This is never an issue with a disk.

you need to desactive your account from these ps3s

I wouldn't be caught dead in that rain coat :crazy:

:lol: It's a great package, for about US $59, the whole she bang, Beyond the Apex II book, 20 cars 15th Anniversary, Special DLC cars, 8 GB USB disk - car shaped, windbreaker jacket, 1 million credits, avatars, racing gears and helmets :bowdown:HongKong is getting the best deal ever.

its official, but it will be great to those who ordered disc to have also option to download it because of faster loading times (ps3 will no need to search something on Blue ray disk)
It is my understanding that disc based games that load content onto the hard drives have the fastest load times, as the game loads from both sources simultaneously. Digital only would be bottlenecked by the hard sata limits.

Of course this depends on the developer optimising the game for this, which in this case I am sure PD has.

I am ordering this today. And now I have to go buy a SSD to make it load faster. This is my early Christmas, and my family supports this, most of all!!!!

Depends on the region :) Asian HK PSN Store sells GT6 Digital Download for only HK $412, as long as you have credit card or HK $ PSN Voucher, you can buy it, and DLC are cheaper too.

The physical copy equivalent - Limited Ed costs HK $ 459 - with optional premium preorder bonus - 8 GB USB GT6 car and Windbreaker.

GT6_jacket.png

GT6_USB.png

Why does everyone but the U.S market get an interesting 15th Anniversary Edition? :( Screw you Sony...

Why is that @nickg07? I know grinding is the norm and I love it as well, I enjoy those long races to get those credits to buy the cars that meet my fancy. Though there are some car that you must have from the start besides what is given to us though pre-order's. My fancy is to have all of the race cars in GT6 of the jump, so I can get to work. While breaking in the cars and testing I'll work on getting the necessary street cars and special cars. Though some of us must have all the race cars from go.

Because the game should be balanced by default not rely on uber seasonal handouts or force you to buy credits to avoid grinding. Grinding should already be quite low, there should be little need to grind that much to upset you to force you to spend to equalise the game.

By buying credits and legitimatising them as a product it allows PD to make the game as grindy as possible and shrug and say, buy the credits then.

:lol: It's a great package, for about US $59, the whole she bang, Beyond the Apex II book, 20 cars 15th Anniversary, Special DLC cars, 8 GB USB disk - car shaped, windbreaker jacket, 1 million credits, avatars, racing gears and helmets :bowdown:HongKong is getting the best deal ever.

I'd pay 10$ more if they could keep the jacket :lol:

GT6_jacket.png

GT6_USB.png

Does anyone know which language the book is in?

Back