GT6 Tuning Guide 1.15

May I ask why the guide was taken down? You provided a lot of great insight for GT6 in particular (i.e. the quirks of its physics engine vs real life), and you explained the parameters in a better way than any other guide I've seen. You linked to another thread, but I can't find their tuning guide, just a directory of tunes.

May I ask why the guide was taken down? You provided a lot of great insight for GT6 in particular (i.e. the quirks of its physics engine vs real life), and you explained the parameters in a better way than any other guide I've seen. You linked to another thread, but I can't find their tuning guide, just a directory of tunes.
Here is the only explaination he has given us. It is sad to see that he has decided to close his garage and remove his very helpful guide from the site. @Motor City Hami has been very helpful in getting me interested into the tuning world of Gran Turismo and one of the main reasons I started tuning in GT6. Without his guide I wouldn't be half as good of a tuner that I am now.

Why was the guide deleted? Was it full of inaccurate information or was it more important to teach one person (or a small number of people) a lesson at the expense of removing a valuable resource for everyone else?

Whatever the reason, it's a shame and a loss to the GT6 tuning community.

Last edited:
Why was the guide deleted? Was it full of inaccurate information or was it more important to teach one person (or a small number of people) a lesson at the expense of removing a valuable resource for everyone else?

Whatever the reason, it's a shame and a loss to the GT6 tuning community.
I agree. I don't understand why the tuning guide has been removed.

I agree. I don't understand why the tuning guide has been removed.
From what I have got, I believe someone has upset Hami, therefore resulting in the deletion of his guide. Optic and Harsk, one thing you have to remember is that the upsetting thing isn't the fact we have lost the best in-detail tuning guide created, but we have lost a living legend named Hami.
:(

From what I have got, I believe someone has upset Hami, therefore resulting in the deletion of his guide. Optic and Harsk, one thing you have to remember is that the upsetting thing isn't the fact we have lost the best in-detail tuning guide created, but we have lost a living legend named Hami.
:(
Yeah, that's a shame that we have lost a tuner called Hami... :(

Closing and no longer updating the Hami Garage is one thing. I get it...drama here can run rampant; but completely deleting the Tuning Guide and linking to things (seemingly) unrelated is something else. I hope I'm wrong, but this seems like when a kid on the playground gets his feelings hurt and then takes his ball and runs home. Like I said...I hope I'm wrong. But if I am correct, something fishy might be going down.

Last edited:
100% guaranteed he'll be back, there's no chance he's quit.

There's nothing 'fishy' going on, this is just Hami doing what he always does. His ego got dented, so by closing down his threads it get all his supporters to post messages to re-inflate his ego.

He's just trying to kill 2 birds with one stone - as mentioned in his other thread, it's all about 'sides', all he's doing is re-inforcing the bond for all those on 'his side', and subsequently continuing his 'beef'/issues he has with others alive and well, which is why he posted those links for me and Cargo.

For someone who 'quit', he's spent an extraordinary amount of time visiting his tuning threads all throughout the day yesterday. No-one else involved in the 'drama' has changed, left/quit or done anything other than carry on as per normal.

He's had opportunities to let bygones be bygones, others did, but he chose not to. Anytime he wants to, others, including me, will. At the start of GT6 I apologised (NOTED: how others who did as bad, or worse never apologised) and both others and I showed we can let things be, but Hami didn't want to be part of that and carried on with his 'beef'.

The same tactic others on this sub forum have done, never admit the truth, always pretend you've done nothing wrong, don't ever apologise and make sure you keep your blindly loyal supporters on your side. Well, he can 'deny' all he wants, if his PM gets posted on facebook or Youtube everyone will see who's been the drama queen and who's been honest.

But what does that matter? The power of loyalty both on this site generally and sub forum is so strong it doesn't matter who's being honest, or lying, who's the protagonist and who's the victim, who's right or wrong, who apologises or not - the only things that matters is what 'side'' you're on.

If you're on the right side (dominated by a certain group on this sub forum), you can be as 'bad' as you want, your loyal followers will always support and believe you no matter what. Regardless of how 'good' you are, if you're not on 'that side' you'll get the cold shoulder and/or continuously be 'poked with a stick' by some of them.

C'est la vie...

So go ahead with your flaming, reinforcing your loyalties, or pedantically nit picking a post to find anything you can use to prove 'you're right'. What's new - deja vous, same is, same as was, same as it'll always be, because 'taking sides' and re-inforcing them is the most important thing isn't it...

See you soon Hami, as per normal, no doubt 👍

There's nothing 'fishy' going on, this is just Hami doing what he always does. His ego got dented, so by closing down his threads it get all his supporters to post messages to re-inflate his ego.

He's just trying to kill 2 birds with one stone - as mentioned in his other thread, it's all about 'sides', all he's doing is re-inforcing the bond for all those on 'his side', and subsequently continuing his 'beef'/issues he has with others alive and well, which is why he posted those links for me and Cargo.

For someone who 'quit', he's spent an extraordinary amount of time visiting his tuning threads all throughout the day yesterday. No-one else involved in the 'drama' has changed, left/quit or done anything other than carry on as per normal.

He's had opportunities to let bygones be bygones, others did, but he chose not to. Anytime he wants to, others, including me, will. At the start of GT6 I apologised (NOTED: how others who did as bad, or worse never apologised) and both others and I showed we can let things be, but Hami didn't want to be part of that and carried on with his 'beef'.

The same tactic others on this sub forum have done, never admit the truth, always pretend you've done nothing wrong, don't ever apologise and make sure you keep your blindly loyal supporters on your side. Well, he can 'deny' all he wants, if his PM gets posted on facebook or Youtube everyone will see who's been the drama queen and who's been honest.

But what does that matter? The power of loyalty both on this site generally and sub forum is so strong it doesn't matter who's being honest, or lying, who's the protagonist and who's the victim, who's right or wrong, who apologises or not - the only things that matters is what 'side'' you're on.

If you're on the right side (dominated by a certain group on this sub forum), you can be as 'bad' as you want, your loyal followers will always support and believe you no matter what. Regardless of how 'good' you are, if you're not on 'that side' you'll get the cold shoulder and/or continuously be 'poked with a stick' by some of them.

C'est la vie...

So go ahead with your flaming, reinforcing your loyalties, or pedantically nit picking a post to find anything you can use to prove 'you're right'. What's new - deja vous, same is, same as was, same as it'll always be, because 'taking sides' and re-inforcing them is the most important thing isn't it...

Wow,take time to take your thumb out of your mouth. Blowing on it does not inflate your ego.

C'est la vie...

So you're a mind reader now? If you'd really "let bygones be bygones" as you say and your so-called "apology" was sincere, you wouldn't have made that long winded, self indulgent, smug, self serving, flame baiting post, just to tell the community that you hold the moral and ethical high ground. If bygones are bygones you don't re-open old wounds, you actually let them go, hence the word:

by·gone
(bī′gôn′, -gŏn′)
adj.
Gone by; past: bygone days.
n.
One, especially a grievance, that is past: Let bygones be bygones.

Obviously you haven't let it go, so let's not pretend that you have, it's on full display in that post. It's that you still hold a grudge and aren't a big enough person to let it go. Maybe Hami can't let it go either, but let's not pretend that you somehow have the higher ground here.

I hope he comes back because @Motor City Hami is a valuable contributor to the community, and I know for a certainty that you'll make another sarcastic, smug, self-serving retort to tell everyone you were right and I hope that you do. Because having to pass by that bloated, ego puffing post of yours would be an insignificant price to pay, to have Hami come back.

So you're a mind reader now? If you'd really "let bygones be bygones" as you say and your so-called "apology" was sincere, you wouldn't have made that long winded, self indulgent, smug, self serving, flame baiting post, just to tell the community that you hold the moral and ethical high ground. If bygones are bygones you don't re-open old wounds, you actually let them go, hence the word:

by·gone
(bī′gôn′, -gŏn′)
adj.
Gone by; past: bygone days.
n.
One, especially a grievance, that is past: Let bygones be bygones.

Obviously you haven't let it go, so let's not pretend that you have, it's on full display in that post. It's that you still hold a grudge and aren't a big enough person to let it go. Maybe Hami can't let it go either, but let's not pretend that you somehow have the higher ground here.

I hope he comes back because @Motor City Hami is a valuable contributor to the community, and I know for a certainty that you'll make another sarcastic, smug, self-serving retort to tell everyone you were right and I hope that you do. Because having to pass by that bloated, ego puffing post of yours would be an insignificant price to pay, to have Hami come back.
not to mention that all i've ever seen hami ask for is hard data to back up a claim. he has always added that his views on a subject are based on what he feels from tuning and driving in game. he has never said that his way is absolute because he knows he doesn't have the numbers and data to back it up. Thanks to the motec program and the genius way that @DolHaus and the guys in the camber experiment are using it, we are finally starting to get data and evidence at what camber is behaving like. So hopefully soon the camber debate will be over.

however, if you are going to complain about something said in private and then spew some passive aggressive crap like that above, just keep your mouth shut @Highlandor because all you are doing is proving your immaturity and reinforcing our support for hami. If that's how you talk and converse I would grow tired of you very quickly too.

not to mention that all i've ever seen hami ask for is hard data to back up a claim. he has always added that his views on a subject are based on what he feels from tuning and driving in game. he has never said that his way is absolute because he knows he doesn't have the numbers and data to back it up. Thanks to the motec program and the genius way that @DolHaus and the guys in the camber experiment are using it, we are finally starting to get data and evidence at what camber is behaving like. So hopefully soon the camber debate will be over.

however, if you are going to complain about something said in private and then spew some passive aggressive crap like that above, just keep your mouth shut @Highlandor because all you are doing is proving your immaturity and reinforcing our support for hami. If that's how you talk and converse I would grow tired of you very quickly too.
Ask him about his adventure with a nail gun.I've used one since their invention. Need I say more.

I offer an apology to those who use this guide for taking it down a few days ago. I did so in anger and clouded judgement. It has been restored for your use. I do appreciate the kind words on the forums and through PMs. This content is back up for those of you who responded so kindly.

I am not sure that I will participate much on this site in the future. An internet argument has spilled over into a real life threat through a PlayStation message. I doubt that any action will be taken on the threat, but I have filed a police report as a precaution, on the suggestion of my cousin who is a Wayne County Sheriff. I did call a member of this site a name through PM that included a swear which resulted in a 10 point warning for me. That PM also sparked his threat. He was probably just angry too.

As for now, I have chosen to ignore two members of the site in an effort to put an end to the nastiness.

Carry on enjoying your video game.

I offer an apology to those who use this guide for taking it down a few days ago. I did so in anger and clouded judgement. It has been restored for your use. I do appreciate the kind words on the forums and through PMs. This content is back up for those of you who responded so kindly.

I am not sure that I will participate much on this site in the future. An internet argument has spilled over into a real life threat through a PlayStation message. I doubt that any action will be taken on the threat, but I have filed a police report as a precaution, on the suggestion of my cousin who is a Wayne County Sheriff. I did call a member of this site a name through PM that included a swear which resulted in a 10 point warning for me. That PM also sparked his threat. He was probably just angry too.

As for now, I have chosen to ignore two members of the site in an effort to put an end to the nastiness.

we've all been there when talking about something we care about, such as racing. If cooler heads always prevailed we'd have a lot less youtube videos lol. A personal threat over a different medium is pretty lame though and just proves an agenda past whatever the argument was originally about. It's so hard to ignore a troll but your tunes and insight have helped hundreds (if not more) of people have enjoyment while playing this game.

The spirit of competition is very alive in the FITT challenges and the chance of going up against and possibly beating some of the best tuners (you and others) is what enticed me to start partaking in them. I'll gladly take my ten points to say **** the haters and the children that try to act like adults and fail. The majority of the tuning community has a great amount of respect for you and always will. don't make yourself too scarce :cheers:

Don't worry Hami, you do get some idiots sometimes. Great to see you decided to put it back up, but I would rather you stay on GTPlanet mate :bowdown:

So glad to see you have brought it back Hami, what you do for others here on The Planet is a huge service and great help to many. Unfortunately, the drama will never cease, but those of us who work well together can always choose to ignore those looking to create strife and arguments for the sake of attention. You're still one of the biggest "helpers" here, and it would be a shame for the community to lose a valued and respected members work!

There's nothing at all stopping you from coming back to GTP, 'wiping the slate clean' and starting afresh. I said in my last message (about bygones be bygones) "Anytime he wants to, others, including me, will.". You've now had 2 opportunities for 'peace' - you had the same opportunity at the start of GT6 but chose to ignore that too.

Why is it you keep running away when someone gives you a chance for 'peace'?

I would extend the offer again, to wipe the slate clean, let bygones be bygones, have the same humility, civility, respect etc for both your supporters aswell as those you have an issue with, and you'll be treated the same in return, it's been done before with others and would be the same for you.

But that'd be pointless as you've no interest in this, only to do your best to discredit or bait those you have issues with.

As for being threatened, if a GTP member has done so on the PSN in a way that was (supposedly) so serious it warranted reporting it to the police, then why would they still be allowed to be a member of GTP or still have access to the PSN?

Maybe one day you'll stop being a manipulative drama queen and man up enough to consider truely 'put an end to the nastiness'.

Judging by your actions to date, that's going to be a long, long time...

Perfect example of your double standards - it's OK for you to support your friend, but if I want to support one of mine, then I'm supposed to "shut my mouth"....?

All you're doing is proving your immaturity by blindly supporting someone regardless...

And no, I never threatened him, haven't even sent him any kind of PM message on any format, in any way, either on GTP or off it since well before GT6 started. I haven't received any warnings or infractions regarding recent 'run ins' from the site staff either, and have as much right to post what I like within the AUP as anyone else.

As said by somebody else, if he can't handle it then why does he like to wind people up so much, he knows exactly what he's doing, if he can't handle the consequence of his actions then there's no one else to blame..

Once he's finished playing his games, he'll be back...

End of/

There's nothing at all stopping you from coming back to GTP, 'wiping the slate clean' and starting afresh. I said in my last message (about bygones be bygones) "Anytime he wants to, others, including me, will.". You've now had 2 opportunities for 'peace' - you had the same opportunity at the start of GT6 but chose to ignore that too.

Why is it you keep running away when someone gives you a chance for 'peace'?

I would extend the offer again, to wipe the slate clean, let bygones be bygones, have the same humility, civility, respect etc for both your supporters aswell as those you have an issue with, and you'll be treated the same in return, it's been done before with others and would be the same for you.

But that'd be pointless as you've no interest in this, only to do your best to discredit or bait those you have issues with.

As for being threatened, if a GTP member has done so on the PSN in a way that was (supposedly) so serious it warranted reporting it to the police, then why would they still be allowed to be a member of GTP or still have access to the PSN?

Maybe one day you'll stop being a manipulative drama queen and man up enough to consider truely 'put an end to the nastiness'.

Judging by your actions to date, that's going to be a long, long time...

Perfect example of your double standards - it's OK for you to support your friend, but if I want to support one of mine, then I'm supposed to "shut my mouth"....?

All you're doing is proving your immaturity by blindly supporting someone regardless...

And no, I never threatened him, haven't even sent him any kind of PM message on any format, in any way, either on GTP or off it since well before GT6 started. I haven't received any warnings or infractions regarding recent 'run ins' from the site staff either, and have as much right to post what I like within the AUP as anyone else.

As said by somebody else, if he can't handle it then why does he like to wind people up so much, he knows exactly what he's doing, if he can't handle the consequence of his actions then there's no one else to blame..

Once he's finished playing his games, he'll be back...

End of/
If I read Hami's post correctly, he has chosen to ignore 2 members.
I could be wrong? But IMO, one seems to be you! If you have nothing to contribute to this forum,other than trying to illicit a response from Hami, it won't happen, if your on the blocked,or ignored list. Sorry can't see your response! See how that works!
My suggestion is:
Start your own tuning guide, publish your thoughts and move on. Otherwise, there are lots of bridges to hide under or build.

Last edited:
I just want to thank you for putting this guide back up, honestly I did'nt even know it was removed. I just recently bought a PS3 with GT5 and just got GT6 a week ago( which I like a little better than 5). So I'm pretty new to the series
I'm not new to gtplanet or racing games thou.

Once I get some more cr I can start building and trying to tune a little more so your guide will be very helpful. The one question I have is how big of difference is there between tunes made and posted from the older game versions? should I not bother trying the older version tunes or do they just require a bit of tweaking. I hope to tune more on my own but I do like to try others as well.

I just want to thank you for putting this guide back up, honestly I did'nt even know it was removed. I just recently bought a PS3 with GT5 and just got GT6 a week ago( which I like a little better than 5). So I'm pretty new to the series
I'm not new to gtplanet or racing games thou.

Once I get some more cr I can start building and trying to tune a little more so your guide will be very helpful. The one question I have is how big of difference is there between tunes made and posted from the older game versions? should I not bother trying the older version tunes or do they just require a bit of tweaking. I hope to tune more on my own but I do like to try others as well.
Try to stick to 1.09 and later. 1.09 was the big Physics update. There was another camber update after that but it didn't cause any major differences. Pre 1.09 tunes are still better than factory setups but may not behave as intended.

What would the hypothesis be if I'm getting a red outside front both in slow corners under braking and medium-high corners under acceleration? It's usually happening when I'm on or near full steering lock.

Back