GT6 Tuning Guide 1.15

This is a great thread, I've met too many people that seem to think the initial torque on the LSD affects the torque of your engine. Something like "Yeah bro, 60 for maximum torque!" or... you get the idea.

It's hilarious but at the same time I can't just laugh at them and not help them out afterwards so... :lol:

What would the hypothesis be if I'm getting a red outside front both in slow corners under braking and medium-high corners under acceleration? It's usually happening when I'm on or near full steering lock.

LSD Accel: This setting has one purpose, to manage inside and outside wheel spin. If the inside wheel spins first, raise this setting. If the outside wheel spins first, lower this setting.

Try this! :)

What would the hypothesis be if I'm getting a red outside front both in slow corners under braking and medium-high corners under acceleration? It's usually happening when I'm on or near full steering lock.
What car are you using? Are you using a wheel or DS3?
The symptoms can have different causes and solutions depending on things like drivetrain and weight distribution, it sounds like your front springs/dampers might be a bit stiff perhaps

@PJTierney

I would look at your compression and extension settings. The issue under braking could be as simple as driving it in too deep, or it could be a case of too much or too little weight transfer to the front under braking

For the issue under acceleration it definitely sounds like the weight is moving to the rear too quickly. I would try increasing rear compression or front extension, or possibly a bit of both. Try one at a time and in small increments.

Thanks for the help. I'm on a DS3, Steering Sensitivity of 7. The braking scenario is probably me running too deep and overloading the fronts.

My experience has been as you said prolly diving too deep for braking. The mid-high speed with the outside front going red it is probably lack of weight on the wheel as stated by @F1Racer0101. I would take a conservative lap several seconds slower than normal see if the issues persist if they do it's a problem with the tune if they don't than your over driving the car/tune. If the mid-high persists than up the spring rate a bit say 0.25 at a time on the rear of the car. If you start having tail slide issues back it off to last setting with no problems. Than start with the front compression setting one click at a time down. If you can't clear it up put it where it felt the best and than move to the toe the back of the car would be fighting the front in This situation so reduce the number till it clears up, it could also be camber on the front is too high it applicable reduce it by 0.1 at a time.

Thanks for the advice.

I've come across another issue with a different car/event combo regarding tyre wear.

I did a bunch of Super GT sessions at Fuji last night, running the RS tyres until 1 of them hit zero.
Every time I did a run, the first tyre would wear out after 14 minutes, and the pattern would be as follows:

0|4
3|5

As the track has a lot of right-hand turns the left side does take a lot more load than the right, but the issue I had was that no matter what setup changes I did (changing weight balance, adding camber etc.), I would get the same result every time.
Could it just be that this car/track combo, plus the fact that wear was set to Very Fast, mean that this result is inevitable regardless of what I do with setup?

Maybe if tyre wear was on Fast or Normal the settings would have an effect, but with the tyres wearing so quickly it could be that I cannot actually see the difference that tuning is making?

(I know that my driving style may also play a part in this, so I'm not expecting a few settings changes to fix everything in an instant)

Thanks for the advice.

I've come across another issue with a different car/event combo regarding tyre wear.

I did a bunch of Super GT sessions at Fuji last night, running the RS tyres until 1 of them hit zero.
Every time I did a run, the first tyre would wear out after 14 minutes, and the pattern would be as follows:

0|4
3|5

As the track has a lot of right-hand turns the left side does take a lot more load than the right, but the issue I had was that no matter what setup changes I did (changing weight balance, adding camber etc.), I would get the same result every time.
Could it just be that this car/track combo, plus the fact that wear was set to Very Fast, mean that this result is inevitable regardless of what I do with setup?

Maybe if tyre wear was on Fast or Normal the settings would have an effect, but with the tyres wearing so quickly it could be that I cannot actually see the difference that tuning is making?

(I know that my driving style may also play a part in this, so I'm not expecting a few settings changes to fix everything in an instant)

Check your roll bar settings. Stiffer roll bars will help reduce the differential wear, but you won't be able to make the wear pattern exactly even. Honestly this pattern is pretty standard due to the nature of the track.

you know what you could try, . . .
Sometimes its hard to tell what tires need help on racing tires. throw some sports hard on them.
then hit up my favorite tuning track, Apricot hill. those turns on the first half will definatly show you what tires need damper work. Or even ballast work. Don't automatically dismiss ballast just because its a gt500 car, the Mobil-1 for example, works without, but drops over 3 seconds with 50kg sent backwards.
Anyway, the tire change will work for you.
If you find out but don't know what to do about it, recheck the troubleshooting guide MCH has on page 1. (im on my phone or I would link you)

Last edited:
I offer an apology to those who use this guide for taking it down a few days ago. I did so in anger and clouded judgement. It has been restored for your use. I do appreciate the kind words on the forums and through PMs. This content is back up for those of you who responded so kindly.

I am not sure that I will participate much on this site in the future. An internet argument has spilled over into a real life threat through a PlayStation message. I doubt that any action will be taken on the threat, but I have filed a police report as a precaution, on the suggestion of my cousin who is a Wayne County Sheriff. I did call a member of this site a name through PM that included a swear which resulted in a 10 point warning for me. That PM also sparked his threat. He was probably just angry too.

As for now, I have chosen to ignore two members of the site in an effort to put an end to the nastiness.

Carry on enjoying your video game.

I totally feel you mate!!There is so much nastiness and complex in some people!I met some persons the last two years that made me really disgusted.I still remember one guy that was calling me names through PM because I kicked him due dirty driving.Another one was calling me names just because....he lost it after the attempt to push me out of the racetrack!!!!Not to mention some pathetic characters who cant accept the fact that someone is just faster than them.That's why I am racing online ONLY with friends now!!I hope all goes well for you and be able to have fun again with the game!

Its pretty sad people can't seem to keep opinions to a 'polite' level. we all get frustrated and at times we all need to step back and take a breather before going forward.
When you ask someone to bury the hatchet, you are doing a great thing. Learning to get over disagreements that got out of hand is a really impressive quality. But downgrading and name calling to your oposition in the same sentence makes you look very bad. Makes what you say pointless.
When one party can't even stomach a 'lets get along' without calling the other party a bad name then there really is only one thing you CAN do. . . ignore them.
It takes a real adult to decide to do that, and not play that 'who gets the last dig on the other person' game. I commend you for doing that. I think you are doing the right thing.
Trying to get back to the point that it IS just a game, and strong emotions of anything but 'fun' would not belong.
If you would like to talk about anything to do with the console game GT6, feel free to message me. If anyone else see's this and thinks this is some kind of attack, please do not message me. This is not an attack at anyone, this is what most of us call polite and common sense thinking. Anyone who reads this at all and does not instantly realize that, please just leave it be. (besides, anyone who isn't friendly to the OP shouldn't even be in this thread anyway.)
Hope to hear from you soon man. Really wish you could have participated in the FITT comp this time around, would have been awesome. Maybe next time man.
Peace,
D€MON

I offer an apology to those who use this guide for taking it down a few days ago. I did so in anger and clouded judgement. It has been restored for your use. I do appreciate the kind words on the forums and through PMs. This content is back up for those of you who responded so kindly.

I am not sure that I will participate much on this site in the future. An internet argument has spilled over into a real life threat through a PlayStation message. I doubt that any action will be taken on the threat, but I have filed a police report as a precaution, on the suggestion of my cousin who is a Wayne County Sheriff. I did call a member of this site a name through PM that included a swear which resulted in a 10 point warning for me. That PM also sparked his threat. He was probably just angry too.

As for now, I have chosen to ignore two members of the site in an effort to put an end to the nastiness.

Carry on enjoying your video game.
Cheese and crackers!!! I was just poking around wondering why I haven't seen Hami for a while and found this was his last post. A real life threat?:eek: Nothing is worth that.:ouch: Hope it gets sorted out sometime soon:tup:👍

Cheese and crackers!!! I was just poking around wondering why I haven't seen Hami for a while and found this was his last post. A real life threat?:eek: Nothing is worth that.:ouch: Hope it gets sorted out sometime soon:tup:👍

It was hardly a real life threat. :rolleyes: Besides, Hami brought this all on himself by acting like a spoiled school child over something that wasn't even that important. I have the whole story, proof and all. Really getting tired of seeing all this "poor Hami" talk when he is the one that caused all the drama. Don't get me wrong, I like Hami but just have lost a lot of respect for him after his latest episode.

It was hardly a real life threat. :rolleyes: Besides, Hami brought this all on himself by acting like a spoiled school child over something that wasn't even that important. I have the whole story, proof and all. Really getting tired of seeing all this "poor Hami" talk when he is the one that caused all the drama. Don't get me wrong, I like Hami but just have lost a lot of respect for him after his latest episode.
Actually I didn't say anything about "poor Hami" or refer to any drama so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just realized he was gone and was expressing my surprise. Still, if you get a threat these days, even one over the internet, even from a complete loser for that matter whom you're certain is nothing but a windbag, you've got to take it seriously and follow the proper protocols. You just never know anymore.

Actually I didn't say anything about "poor Hami" or refer to any drama so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just realized he was gone and was expressing my surprise. Still, if you get a threat these days, even one over the internet, even from a complete loser for that matter whom you're certain is nothing but a windbag, you've got to take it seriously and follow the proper protocols. You just never know anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree, if there was a threat at all that is. My daughter got in big trouble in school for something similar and more serious than what happened here so yea, I'm well aware. 👍 :cheers:

Well,well,well! I thought this was dead.
I hope you don't look in the mirror in the morning.
Please tell me you actually didn't post this. As I can see who also liked this,it seems as if some people just can't move on. There is an opening at NBC for a job,as well as Comedy Central,
or maybe we should resurrect the old 3 Stooges Comedy show. Show some class gentlemen,your act is wearing thin.

Please tell me you actually didn't post this. As I can see who also liked this,it seems as if some people just can't move on. There is an opening at NBC for a job,as well as Comedy Central,
or maybe we should resurrect the old 3 Stooges Comedy show. Show some class gentlemen,your act is wearing thin.

Same for you.

Oh my God 'killer, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was simply replying to Johnny and giving my opinion on the matter so calm down. No one is trying to be funny here, at least not me so I fail to see the issue. Don't mess with me today 'killer, I haven't taken my meds yet. :P

Same for you.

Oh my God 'killer, don't get your panties in a bunch. I was simply replying to Johnny and giving my opinion on the matter so calm down. No one is trying to be funny here, at least not me so I fail to see the issue. Don't mess with me today 'killer, I haven't taken my meds yet. :P
Here is an idea everyone just chill out. I feel like I'm watching some teenie bopper show. Whats done is done. It can't be undone. Choices have been made, and only those that made the choices can choose to change them. Arguing about he said that he said this wont do anyone any good. Replying in spite or clouded judgement is what got this whole fiasco going, so lets stop it here.

Here is an idea everyone just chill out. I feel like I'm watching some teenie bopper show. Whats done is done. It can't be undone. Choices have been made, and only those that made the choices can choose to change them. Arguing about he said that he said this wont do anyone any good. Replying in spite or clouded judgement is what got this whole fiasco going, so lets stop it here.

Yes, thank you.

Respect to you for being impartial 👍

Hey I'm throwing out the Olive branch here. It seems to me that people that hide behind a computer and poke and prod and can't move on and let things be on 2 individuals need a reality check. Yes there is a ignore button,not much use as it shows ignored member posted,but hey,its there.
In a matter of a month we have lost 2 members who have contributed to this site. I take nothing away from the other 3 that have also contributed.
If this were a school yard sandbox and I happened to be in it,when all this transpired, all of you would be sitting on the grass,so to speak and I would have all your toys. You could kinda call it "School yard bully syndrome"
So grow up,move on and be nice.
Santa may not come to your house this year.
God I hope you guys don't buy PCars.
If you do tell me what system, so I can avoid this.
Hey Cargo,remember the old NASCAR fued,we had in GT5, we settled it on the track and moved on. Won't say who one,:rolleyes: but here we are today.
Get the point.

@killerjimbag part of that last line to a outside third party could con strew that as an attempt at a aggravating poke. But I see what your saying and thank you for helping to settle this down.
Oh believe me,you were not in the old NASCAR lobbies in GT5,we did not like each other, period! We both got kicked from many,many,rooms But in the end we :embarrassed:
and made up. Yes I will admit,he did occasionally beat me.:cheers: Yes Cargo I still consider you a friend.

Last edited:
Hey I'm throwing out the Olive branch here. It seems to me that people that hide behind a computer and poke and prod and can't move on and let things be on 2 individuals need a reality check. Yes there is a ignore button,not much use as it shows ignored member posted,but hey,its there.
In a matter of a month we have lost 2 members who have contributed to this site. I take nothing away from the other 3 that have also contributed.
If this were a school yard sandbox and I happened to be in it,when all this transpired, all of you would be sitting on the grass,so to speak and I would have all your toys. You could kinda call it "School yard bully syndrome"
Hey Cargo,remember the old NASCAR fued,we had in GT5, we settled it on the track and moved on. Won't say who one,:rolleyes: but here we are today.
Get the point.

OMG, You have me shaking in my boots. :rolleyes: I'm not intimidated in the least....and anytime you want to meet up on the track, I'd be more than happy to oblige. ;) And yes, I am buying PCars. I'll make sure it'll be on the same console as your choice just so I can further annoy the hell out of you. :sly: :lol:

@GTP_CargoRatt : Just realized now that you are now on D1 Bronze :) Congrats, looks like all the hard work paid off :P

Thanks Rido, appreciate it. And yep, right in there with the aliens now. :D

@killerjimbag Hey, you're the one that started it, coming in here with guns a blazin' just because of a reply I made to Johnny. It all would have been fine had you not felt the need to play hall monitor. :lol: Anyways, I'm done here, going to go back to playing the game. See you on the track 'killer. :sly:

Get the point.

You say you're throwing out an olive branch, but you can't leave without one final 'dig'.

To set the record straight, publically - same as what I said to Jordan and Famine privately:

I apologised way back, over a year ago, it did nothing, it didn't stop the antagonising or the UNIQUE CONTENT from my tuning thread being posted on another persons.

I could've put that quote in my OP over a year ago, but didn't - what good did apologising, not quoting and trying to walk away from confrontations with 'end of/' do - nothing.

In the end, after over a year, I decided the only way to deal with it was to prod and poke them back - and look at their reactions.

If they can't handle a taste of their own medicine, then why dish it out so much and so long in the first place.

Stop making it out this situation was one way traffic because it certainly wasn't. People like you who are blindly loyal to 'them' saying I'm a big bad wolf for prodding and poking them, but you won't mention all of their prodding and poking over the past year or when I tried to make peace, which THEY ignored??????????????

Now YOU (and all the others blinded by their loyalty to these 2 guys) get the point - all of us are just as responsible as the others involved, them 'leaving' (or coming back with a 2nd ID like Hami) is their choice, no one else's.

Just let it be and move on.

End of - period/

You say you're throwing out an olive branch, but you can't leave without one final 'dig'.

To set the record straight, publically - same as what I said to Jordan and Famine privately:

I apologised way back, over a year ago, it did nothing, it didn't stop the antagonising or the UNIQUE CONTENT from my tuning thread being posted on another persons.

I could've put that quote in my OP over a year ago, but didn't - what good did apologising, not quoting and trying to walk away from confrontations with 'end of/' do - nothing.

In the end, after over a year, I decided the only way to deal with it was to prod and poke them back - and look at their reactions.

If they can't handle a taste of their own medicine, then why dish it out so much and so long in the first place.

Stop making it out this situation was one way traffic because it certainly wasn't. People like you who are blindly loyal to 'them' saying I'm a big bad wolf for prodding and poking them, but you won't mention all of their prodding and poking over the past year or when I tried to make peace, which THEY ignored??????????????

Now YOU (and all the others blinded by their loyalty to these 2 guys) get the point - all of us are just as responsible as the others involved, them 'leaving' (or coming back with a 2nd ID like Hami) is their choice, no one else's.

Just let it be and move on.

End of - period/
I really don't want to go back to the days of GT5. Read your own posts,its public, so stop,its more than a year. I mentioned 1 members name not yours. We solved that issue 5 years ago and moved on. To be quite honest,I've used all of the individuals tunes at one time or another over the last two GT series. I really don't care who is being a drama queen or the bully. If it is attention,or lack of respect that anyone wants,try Twitter,there's all kinds of people there.
I'm not going to go on about a side.
You all can tune. So do it and end it.
Please don't bold cap me,not in the mood for reporting people today,I'm big enough to understand someone's maturity. Now can we just move on! Yes you were on my ignored list,I have taken the time to see your rebuttal, that's not picking a side now is it?

Thanks Rido, appreciate it. And yep, right in there with the aliens now. :D

@killerjimbag Hey, you're the one that started it, coming in here with guns a blazin' just because of a reply I made to Johnny. It all would have been fine had you not felt the need to play hall monitor. :lol: Anyways, I'm done here, going to go back to playing the game. See you on the track 'killer. :sly:
Yes I'm the hall monitor,or troll.:mad::mad::lol:
Also congrats on your improvement:tup:

Latest Posts

Back