GT6 Tyre Bug on MR/FR Cars

What I've noticed in online games, is that people don't know how to take care of theirs tirres. Career mode tought them to drive without tire degradation, so they drive it the same way online. The thing is, you should never go into red, if you do that you are burning them. It's perfectly possible to drive quick laps and taking care of tires at the same time.

It's all about tire management, and how well you use them throughout the race. I for one have done away with most of the aids (Including ABS), all of those things will play a factor in tire wear. Focus on driving technique and tire management are important for quick laps.

If it would be my driving i would also burn my first set of tires, no ?

But 1st set is perfect, front and rear wear is the same, car handles like in the other races or free drive in the beginning, then tires start to wear and i have to be a little more careful and become a bit slower. But no problem at all, car still has same balance under braking and accelerating. When i have to pit for fuel after 3 laps front and rear are still well over 50%.

After the pit stop it is a different car, even on new tires i notice there is less rear grip and i have to be more careful with throttle.
When the front is one bar down rear is already 2 bars down and cars starts to oversteer under braking, i have to shortshift out of every slow corner.
Once the rears are at 50% after just 2 laps it gets pretty much undriveable without TC on DS3.
Rear wear seems to double after the first stop. (After 2nd no difference)

And this is not only in the 24min LeMans race, its the same in all the S races with race cars.

There is something wrong with rear tires after the 1st pit stop !

I think I'll post this here too!

Ronda_1.2.jpg
Ronda(1).jpg

I am a very happy man right now. I love the M4 and the FT1 is kind of cool, but THIS was a priority fix. PD has delivered and for this I am thankful. Now to buy all the 50 something cars I haven't got because of the tire width glitch :lol:!

But does this also fix the "pit stop bug" ?

I think there was no visual difference in tire width before and after pitstop, and also no custom rims involved on race cars.

im very happy that this bug is fixed (on MR cars), hopefully the pit stop bug too, with the 2nd set of tyres.

So who are these guys they would say that there isn´t any bug? ;) :D

But does this also fix the "pit stop bug" ?

I think there was no visual difference in tire width before and after pitstop, and also no custom rims involved on race cars.

not at pit stop, there was a different tyre width when you change your rim´s with some aftermarket rim´s

Have anyone tried the R8 LMS Ultra Phoenix on Sports medium/soft tire ? I did this earlier, and I kind of like it than with racing tires as even racing hard feels too grippy at times. The R8 still enjoyable driven with sports hard too, raced it with sports hard in arcade race at bathurst, good fun.

The tire width was impacting performance. On RS tires, you could lose as much as 5 seconds a lap around the ring. On the flip side, because the tire width of all the custom wheels was the same, this bug actually benefitted some cars.

I haven't verified that the visual change mean that the handling has improved as well.

A always, check out my wizard to help speed up the tuning process.

Tire width bug has been fixed in 1.03 :) There's a post with Cizeta on stock and aftermarket wheels, both have the same width now.

Intermediates feel a lot more stable in the wet now.

How did the R8 Phoenix tune drive in races ? Hope you are enjoying the car.

And kaz saying they cured some gtr flaws on the track using the game... Sure sure...
I was looking at z4, r8 and gtr gt3 specs, irl,
R8 uses 12x18 305 tires in the front, 13x18 325
Gtr has 13x18 all around, but, rear offset is very diferent.
Z4 uses 300 680 18 front and 310 710 18 rears, with diferent offsets too
So my point is, this is a pit crew error putting front tires in rear and vice versa.
Not the first or last time pd inverts settings.
Even matches to the fact r8 with bigger diference in size would display bigger diference in time as the others being smaller changes, less time diference. Anyone knows a mr car with same sized tires, offset , and all to test this? Like a K car or something?

Last edited:
R8 is handling like magic ridox.:cheers:

That's so good to hear, I might post my Diablo GT2 tune for racing hard tires on my replica garage soon, I've been racing it in arcade at Willow Springs and Bathurst. This car has no downforce both in game tuning menu and in car data codes ( verified in replay ), seems to be the downforce included in chassis code, which is very odd ( secret downforce spec :lol:)

So far the simple suspension and LSD tune for the Diablo GT2 works quite well on sports hard and racing hard :)

And kaz saying they cured some gtr flaws on the track using the game... Sure sure...
So my point is, this is a pit crew error putting front tires in rear and vice versa.
Even matches to the fact r8 with bigger diference in size would display bigger diference in time as the others being smaller changes, less time diference. Anyone knows a mr car with same sized tires, offset , and all to test this? Like a K car or something?

I feel like different car definitely are affected differently....The Bentley was hurt by this a lot when I ran the Le Mans race. But the R18 was not much affected at the Spa race, nor was the M3 GT, HSV-010, or GT500 GTR. But the post stop times are slower even for those, and tire wear pattern were reversed. I am used to setup my car for more stability so I use up the front tire usually faster, but in all those cases after the stop the rear will be deteriorating....

it WAS affecting gameplay , changed the car's handling in bad way
You don't had to put custom rims on your cars, if you did not there was no problem.
Also you did not had to use the few "broken" cars, so also not that bad.

But you can't do the "S" races without pit stop, so this bug is effecting gameplay while the others where annoying but could be worked around.

Last edited:
But the R8 is already suffering from to much front and not enough rear grip.
(Which can be cured by big camber at front for example)

So if the crew would put the wider tires to the front and the narrow ones to the rear it would be FUBAR.

Anyone tested how the GTR is effected by this ?
If it uses same front and rear it should suffer less than the other cars.
IF this bug is tire related.

Yeah i know, i was hoping it is the same bug (not visually but in phys. eng.) or they would fix them both.

Seems they only fixed the one one that was NOT effecting gameplay...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/weird-bug-after-pit-stops-in-online-mode.294753/page-3

That's a different glitch and apparently it wasn't fixed. The custom wheel glitch that made your rear tires as skinny as your front tires was fixed, and it DID affect handling.

I noticed a considerable change in handling in my M5 today. The difference between front and rear tires in the car isn't that much, but it was making the car oversteer violently under acceleration. I had to put Sport Medium tires and tamper with the LSD settings to remedy this and I did NOT like that.

Mount.Panorama.Motor.Racing.Circuit.jpg

Mount.Panorama.Motor.Racing.Circuit_1.jpg

Now the car behaves much differently than before. The car is steady, doesn't lose traction unless you really want to, and if it does, it's easy and very predictable to correct. I am back to stock LSD and Sport Hard Tires.

And it's not only the handling... but damn those wheels look great in the old E60.

NOTE: Both pics are after 1.03

Back