GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
I was just driving around on arcade mode and noticed that the handbrake takes about 1.5 seconds to lock the wheels. If I remember correctly, just tapping the button would cause the wheels lock. I might be wrong though.
Was it like this since the beginning in GT6?

I'm not sure when it happened (not the last release) but yes, there is now progression on the handbrake. I don't think it's been recorded on any of the update threads though. If you map it to an analogue button/stick you have even more control now. It's a shame a DFGT doesn't have any other analogue controls to map the handbrake to. Not sure about other wheels.

Last edited:
I'm not sure when it happened (not the last release) but yes, there is now progression on the handbrake. I don't think it's been recorded on any of tge update threads though. If you map it to an analogue button/stick you have even more control now. It's a shame a DFGT doesn't have any other analogue controls to map the handbrake to. Not sure about other wheels.
I like it now 👍, the instantly lock was weird.

If someone's mentioned it already then I apologise. The customisation options for the 97T basically make the 98T from 1986.

I noticed that and after that look at that sculpture in the Goodwood thread, I suspect you could also make the 99T as well.

• "The RA menu's is now enabled and can be used for car in the Coffee Break Drift Challenges"
does this mean we can adjust brake balance during an endurance race?

I have 393.6 miles (633.4 km) on my 97T. It has yet to show the dreaded "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate". Either the 97T has been programmed to never deteriorate or the "body rigidity" calculation has been changed.

504bf774-8745-4941-ba12-e7261445747d.jpg

Can anyone else confirm?

Not sure which update but the online race fastest lap time is awesome. Just needs displaying on the race results screen too.

I have 393.6 miles (633.4 km) on my 97T. It has yet to show the dreaded "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate". Either the 97T has been programmed to never deteriorate or the "body rigidity" calculation has been changed.

Can anyone else confirm?
Have you raced it online much? Online races without tire wear will increase the mileage but not actually wear the car out, leading to things like this.

Have you raced it online much? Online races without tire wear will increase the mileage but not actually wear the car out, leading to things like this.
Funny you ask. I've truly put at least twice that mileage on it, but each time I exit either online or single player, the mileage resets. It stayed at 380 miles the entire time I was running the GTP WRS. Only God knows the actual mileage.

I had to go online to someone else's room to make it get to the 393 number to make sure I wasn't losing my mind or something. It doesn't seem to add miles in Single Player mode at all. And adding miles Online seems hit or miss. It should have close to 1000 miles, if not more considering how much I used it just for the WRS...not counting all the other fun I've had with it.

Ok every time I enter a time trial (arcade) with the Lotus 97T, when I hit driving options I get kicked out of the race.

Anyone experience this?

Edit : Fixed on restart.

Last edited:
DOn't know if it was already fixed on previous updates (noticed only now), but in drifting events, the HUD showing the start/end of the drift section (the 2 big dots at the sides of the road) do not show when you take a photo.

I'm pretty sure they were showing before, but i didn't try to take a photo on drifting for quite some time...

DOn't know if it was already fixed on previous updates (noticed only now), but in drifting events, the HUD showing the start/end of the drift section (the 2 big dots at the sides of the road) do not show when you take a photo.

I'm pretty sure they were showing before, but i didn't try to take a photo on drifting for quite some time...
Yes it did show in photomode

OP Updated :)

So, my house mate likes/needs to have the driving line on as he's never driven a car before or knows the layout of any track. I get fed up of turning it off so tend to leave it on these days, and I'm dead certain now that it has been vastly improved.

I believe the racing lines are pretty much the same, but the red block indicating when to brake comes on much, much later now, as in, it's actually very close to being spot on for late braking. There's been a few corners where I've tested it, braked exactly when it said to and actually missed the inside apex slightly. The lines also hardly ever turn red while you're mid corner either; before the game used to really underestimate the speed you could take a corner, now it pretty much tells you to be on the throttle the whole time after the braking zone.

Can anybody else confirm this? Perhaps I can do a direct video capture to show what I mean, often the driving line's braking indicator comes on significantly later than the flashing gear indicator, whereas before I'm sure it always used to come on earlier. The driving line now seems to be very useful for lesser experienced drivers.

I noticed a couple things. Last night, I noticed that the scaling is changed on the garage images (in car selection). Refresh your images to see the change. It's small, but it's a change.

Also, I have been feeling like the RS tires had less grip. They were closer in grip to the other Racing tires. I decided to put it to the test with lap times.

500PP BTR at Ascari on RS tires consistent 2:04's (as per the lap time leaderboard)

Last night, same car, same track, same set up...consistent 2:05's. I could not get into the 2:04's.

Has anyone had problems with their G27? Specifically, the pedals? My Brake somehow is always left automatically on 20%. Even when I plug out the wheel, it still remains. Thank you

I noticed a couple things. Last night, I noticed that the scaling is changed on the garage images (in car selection). Refresh your images to see the change. It's small, but it's a change..
changed as in bigger or smaller pics?

I have been feeling like the RS tires had less grip. They were closer in grip to the other Racing tires. I decided to put it to the test with lap times.
that would explain why I can't run fast laps at Daytona lately, been losing 2 tenths or more...

I noticed a couple things. Last night, I noticed that the scaling is changed on the garage images (in car selection). Refresh your images to see the change. It's small, but it's a change.

Noticed it too, it's almost like it's rescaling from a 16:10 ratio to 16:9, subtle but noticeable enough to question why.

Yes, but I'm not sure it's the HUD that is flickering. I think it was introduced with the 3D update (1.06).
I may have read this in another topic too, not sure...

But the flickering HUD is (at least that is what I am seeing) combined with the headlights going on and off.
Since I did over 500 Nürburg 24' races (and still going...) it is really bothering me for several months now.

This "phenomenon" starts in the third lap, headlights going on and off all the time for various time periods. One moment you're driving without headlights, the next moment you almost get blinded by the refection of the high beam in the crash barriers of an upcoming corner... :irked:

I really wish PD to do something about that. Can't be that difficult or time consuming ??

Back