GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by AJHG1000, May 30, 2014.

1. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

I'm not sure when it happened (not the last release) but yes, there is now progression on the handbrake. I don't think it's been recorded on any of the update threads though. If you map it to an analogue button/stick you have even more control now. It's a shame a DFGT doesn't have any other analogue controls to map the handbrake to. Not sure about other wheels.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Rafael F likes this.
  2. Rafael F

Rafael F

I like it now :tup:, the instantly lock was weird.

3. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I noticed that and after that look at that sculpture in the Goodwood thread, I suspect you could also make the 99T as well.

4. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

OP is updated now, it is now more friendly to the eye and has more information..

Thank you guys for sharing all the information and sorry for not updating the thread

5. Chrunch Houston

Chrunch Houston Premium

This isn't true.

6. ADR_PILOFINO

ADR_PILOFINO

• "The RA menu's is now enabled and can be used for car in the Coffee Break Drift Challenges"
    does this mean we can adjust brake balance during an endurance race?

7. crowhop

crowhop

I have 393.6 miles (633.4 km) on my 97T. It has yet to show the dreaded "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate". Either the 97T has been programmed to never deteriorate or the "body rigidity" calculation has been changed.

[​IMG]

Can anyone else confirm?

ProjectF and AJHG1000 like this.
  8. nickg07

nickg07

Not sure which update but the online race fastest lap time is awesome. Just needs displaying on the race results screen too.

9. crowhop

crowhop

1.07, I think. It is a great feature.

10. dylansan

dylansan Premium

Have you raced it online much? Online races without tire wear will increase the mileage but not actually wear the car out, leading to things like this.

11. crowhop

crowhop

Funny you ask. I've truly put at least twice that mileage on it, but each time I exit either online or single player, the mileage resets. It stayed at 380 miles the entire time I was running the GTP WRS. Only God knows the actual mileage.

I had to go online to someone else's room to make it get to the 393 number to make sure I wasn't losing my mind or something. It doesn't seem to add miles in Single Player mode at all. And adding miles Online seems hit or miss. It should have close to 1000 miles, if not more considering how much I used it just for the WRS...not counting all the other fun I've had with it.

12. jammy21

jammy21 Premium

Single player mileage are saved if you go setup before exit from track.

13. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Ok every time I enter a time trial (arcade) with the Lotus 97T, when I hit driving options I get kicked out of the race.

Anyone experience this?

Edit : Fixed on restart.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  14. Tails

Tails

DOn't know if it was already fixed on previous updates (noticed only now), but in drifting events, the HUD showing the start/end of the drift section (the 2 big dots at the sides of the road) do not show when you take a photo.

I'm pretty sure they were showing before, but i didn't try to take a photo on drifting for quite some time...

15. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Yes it did show in photomode

OP Updated :)

16. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

I think that was changed before this update. No photos as I don't attempt drifting often but I seem to remember hearing word of the change prior to 1.08

17. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

I'll check that when I have the time to

18. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

So, my house mate likes/needs to have the driving line on as he's never driven a car before or knows the layout of any track. I get fed up of turning it off so tend to leave it on these days, and I'm dead certain now that it has been vastly improved.

I believe the racing lines are pretty much the same, but the red block indicating when to brake comes on much, much later now, as in, it's actually very close to being spot on for late braking. There's been a few corners where I've tested it, braked exactly when it said to and actually missed the inside apex slightly. The lines also hardly ever turn red while you're mid corner either; before the game used to really underestimate the speed you could take a corner, now it pretty much tells you to be on the throttle the whole time after the braking zone.

Can anybody else confirm this? Perhaps I can do a direct video capture to show what I mean, often the driving line's braking indicator comes on significantly later than the flashing gear indicator, whereas before I'm sure it always used to come on earlier. The driving line now seems to be very useful for lesser experienced drivers.

SCER and AJHG1000 like this.
  19. meek

meek

@Lewis_Hamilton_
    I noticed this in the last GT academy TT but only there.

There's a maintenance on Wednesday BTW...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    AJHG1000 likes this.
  20. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

I noticed a couple things. Last night, I noticed that the scaling is changed on the garage images (in car selection). Refresh your images to see the change. It's small, but it's a change.

Also, I have been feeling like the RS tires had less grip. They were closer in grip to the other Racing tires. I decided to put it to the test with lap times.

500PP BTR at Ascari on RS tires consistent 2:04's (as per the lap time leaderboard)

Last night, same car, same track, same set up...consistent 2:05's. I could not get into the 2:04's.

Smuttysy likes this.
  21. Coffee_N_Cars

Coffee_N_Cars

Has anyone had problems with their G27? Specifically, the pedals? My Brake somehow is always left automatically on 20%. Even when I plug out the wheel, it still remains. Thank you

22. meek

meek

changed as in bigger or smaller pics?

that would explain why I can't run fast laps at Daytona lately, been losing 2 tenths or more...

23. Smuttysy

Smuttysy

Noticed it too, it's almost like it's rescaling from a 16:10 ratio to 16:9, subtle but noticeable enough to question why.

24. bonannogiovanni

bonannogiovanni

cockpit is ok, more or less, but I use exterior view anyway

25. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

I may have read this in another topic too, not sure...

But the flickering HUD is (at least that is what I am seeing) combined with the headlights going on and off.
    Since I did over 500 Nürburg 24' races (and still going...) it is really bothering me for several months now.

This "phenomenon" starts in the third lap, headlights going on and off all the time for various time periods. One moment you're driving without headlights, the next moment you almost get blinded by the refection of the high beam in the crash barriers of an upcoming corner... :irked:

I really wish PD to do something about that. Can't be that difficult or time consuming ??