GT6 Update 1.08 (Undocumented Changes in OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 474 comments
@BrandonW77: The Formula 3 car

Strange. My only other thought is that the host had the power limited to the non-oil change power and if you had changed your oil you wouldn't have met the restrictions. That, or it was just another in a long list of GT6 oddities. It baffles me why they removed the "reset to default" option, it solves nothing but causes many problems.

It could just be an occasional bug. I've had this problem a couple of times now, most recently was in the BMW VGT car a couple of weeks ago.

I had two in my garage, a black one with tuned suspension and aero on tuning sheet A, then a white one that I had not even entered since buying the car. The black car could not enter the track on an untouched tuning sheet, and the white car, which I had only just entered for the first time, could not enter the track either.

you can CLEARLY see if a car has camber or not...

The way the original post I quoted was implying(or what I thought was implying) was that there must be a disconnect to what the setup menu reads and what is actually in the physics of the game(0 in the menu and graphics is not actually 0 in the game's physics). Which I just don't think so.

The mercedes CLK-LM has had a name change. It is now known as AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98

It's been like that since 1.01-1.03 if not the very beginning. So not exactly 1.08 change.
In 1.01 or 1.02 the Bentley EXP Speed 8 '03 's name got changed.

I don't know if this has been stated but the Auto Union Streamliner is improved a bit. When you put a chrome colour on the car, the chrome effect appears on it. The steering wheel of the Streamliner can now be turned. 👍

It could just be an occasional bug. I've had this problem a couple of times now, most recently was in the BMW VGT car a couple of weeks ago.

I had two in my garage, a black one with tuned suspension and aero on tuning sheet A, then a white one that I had not even entered since buying the car. The black car could not enter the track on an untouched tuning sheet, and the white car, which I had only just entered for the first time, could not enter the track either.

Yes, I too think it's a bug. Possibly it's the verification process gets confused when changing tabs. However it is difficult to reproduce which might make it difficult to reproduce.

For the record when it happened to me it was Silverstone National and the car was a Red Bull Jnr with oil change (which is allowed in tuning prohibited races @BrandonW77 )

For the record when it happened to me it was Silverstone National and the car was a Red Bull Jnr with oil change (which is allowed in tuning prohibited races @BrandonW77 )

:confused: I know, and I even stated as much on the previous page. I only do tuning prohibited races and I change the oil on every car I race before I take it to the track. Custom wheels, even of different sizes, are also allowed under tuning prohibited, as is use of the power limiter and brake bias adjustments.

I do remember a couple of updates ago there was a bug effecting tuning prohibited rooms. I forget the details of it, but if you had created it as a tuning-unlimited room and then after the room was open changed it to tuning-prohibited then it wouldn't allow any car on track (stock or otherwise). But if you created the room originally as tuning-prohibited then stock cars could enter the track. Or something like that, I may have that backwards as I never experienced it. Maybe there's still a lingering piece of this bug causing random problems?

:confused: I know, and I even stated as much on the previous page. I only do tuning prohibited races and I change the oil on every car I race before I take it to the track. Custom wheels, even of different sizes, are also allowed under tuning prohibited, as is use of the power limiter and brake bias adjustments.

I do remember a couple of updates ago there was a bug effecting tuning prohibited rooms. I forget the details of it, but if you had created it as a tuning-unlimited room and then after the room was open changed it to tuning-prohibited then it wouldn't allow any car on track (stock or otherwise). But if you created the room originally as tuning-prohibited then stock cars could enter the track. Or something like that, I may have that backwards as I never experienced it. Maybe there's still a lingering piece of this bug causing random problems?
I also run a majority of tuning prohibited races.

We figured out if you open every window for your setting sheet with stock settings, it would work. Not sure if I am talking about the same glitch though...

Cheers!

So no one else is reporting an issue with the PHEV Evolution time trial that runs the car as rear wheel and not AWD? I have used it in Arcade mode and it handles like AWD with AYC but in the time trial is handles like a rear drive car you feel literally no front end pull and the car is twitchy.

EDIT.
Switched controllers, now I can feel my front end pull. Do not buy any DS3 (CECHZC2E) S/N 711719805225 made in china, their rumble is extra weak and calibration is very off and too sensitive makes for horrible driving. Time to get another new controller, made in japan.

Last edited:

Sorry I didn't read your message properly. Anyway I suspect the issue is what you said in your last sentence.

I might see if I can recreate it.

Last edited:
I also run a majority of tuning prohibited races.

We figured out if you open every window for your setting sheet with stock settings, it would work. Not sure if I am talking about the same glitch though...

Cheers!

Ok, I've managed to recreate this bug for two types of car only.

With the Red Bull Jnr I opened the room with tuning prohibited set and tried to enter a track, it allowed me in..... However, I went back to the set up in the car's tuning sheet and opened an expandable section (suspension) and made no changes before exiting set-up. Tuning prohibited would then display and entry would be refused for the setup in that tab. These setups are subsequently banned in tuning prohibited rooms. Once all 3 tabs have been clicked on (even if only to view the setup you can't use the car in tuning prohibited rooms. I don't seem to be able to reverse this using the method above.

As there's another car that someone has had issues with in this thread, I tested the Mitsubishi VGT and that too has the same issue. No changes were made to either car on any settings.

I haven't tested opening the same sections in the offline garage and seeing if the same thing happens when opening another tuning prohibited room..

So far I've only found the 2 cars above that this happens to. I tried the other new Red Bulls but they didn't have the issue. Haven't tried any other cars.

Flagged for @AJHG1000 attention so original post can be updated.

Last edited:
I call attention to the fact that the OP AJHOOOOO hasn't cared to edit his thread for the undocumented changes and I will say that we still can't drive cars on Kart Space. WHY Not?

Kart Space... an original circuit; we, the players, cannot drive cars on this track / layout as we were able to after an update in GT5. It's starting to take its toll on me that we don't have the Course Maker. For crying out loud, answer this ANNOYANCE.

Actually, IT IS MORE than an annoyance....

Holy crap

I wrote more than this but the "saving" of the draft didn't work this time.

For crying out loud, let us have free roam and the course maker. Free roam at the Photo Travel locations and free roam wherever.

If not, let us HAVE the Course Maker or let us know why GT6 doesn't have it when it is easily the only option / reason that I have hope for GT.... considering how small or little that the offline is and HAS been.

Give / Sell us El Capitan or the Seattle Circuit.

WHY?

AND DAMN IT, I am selfishly posting something like this for once.

Margaritas, any one?

Last edited:
So no one else is reporting an issue with the PHEV Evolution time trial that runs the car as rear wheel and not AWD? I have used it in Arcade mode and it handles like AWD with AYC but in the time trial is handles like a rear drive car you feel literally no front end pull and the car is twitchy.

EDIT.
Switched controllers, now I can feel my front end pull. Do not buy any DS3 (CECHZC2E) S/N 711719805225 made in china, their rumble is extra weak and calibration is very off and too sensitive makes for horrible driving. Time to get another new controller, made in japan.
they're all Made in China, you sure you didn't buy a replica?

I checked this thread's OP, and the OPs for the Update Log, 1.07, 1.06 & 1.05 undocumented changes threads...
...and found no mention so I am posting this here.

The RA menu's B/B adjustment is now enabled for Courtesy Cars in GT6's Coffee Break Drift Challenges.
Tried it last night, was amazed they fixed it, I posted about this issue back on Jan, 16, 2014.

Haven't yet checked if this applies to the non-drift GT6 off-line courtesy car events too.
If this has been reported previously, please excuse the redundancy.

I also posted this on the Update Log thread.

I just countered the following change / bug online:

When typing with a USB keyboard you now have to press the speechbubble first to be able to write.
Before , all you needed to do was to type/press letters to activate the (small) writing window. The window still pops up but doesn't reqister any text when written.

Anyone with a USB keyboard able to confirm?

Last edited:
OFFLINE AI are improved. I raced on Brands Hatch as always 42 laps. The lead car just opens the gap. I caught up in traffic and passed. I let the AI pass me during braking, to see as it stayed in my slipstream.
That was a mistake. With 8 laps to go, it won.

A 42 lap GT3 race at High Speed Ring saw the lead car pull away from the pack at almost 2 seconds per lap. I couldnt gap the rest of the pack. So I battled all the way to lap 26 and quit the game. By that time, the lead car was holding at 14 seconds per lap. But, it was cool racing 4 other car down the pit straight.

Next, im going to try GT500 cars to see if the AI react the same.

I checked this thread's OP, and the OPs for the Update Log, 1.07, 1.06 & 1.05 undocumented changes threads...
...and found no mention so I am posting this here.

The RA menu's B/B adjustment is now enabled for Courtesy Cars in GT6's Coffee Break Drift Challenges.
Tried it last night, was amazed they fixed it, I posted about this issue back on Jan, 16, 2014.

I am sure it has always been enabled, I can remember using the RA menu's B/B adjustment for the Drift Challenges back in December.

But if you are referring to it remembering your settings with each restart, I do recall being frustrated when it wouldn't do so, but am sure that has also been fixed for quite some time now too.

I just countered the following change / bug online:

When typing with a USB keyboard you now have to press the speechbubble first to be able to write.
Before , all you needed to do was to type/press letters to activate the (small) writing window. The window still pops up but doesn't reqister any text when written.

Anyone with a USB keyboard able to confirm?

As far as I recall this is still working for myself. I'll double check next time I'm on the game.

If someone's mentioned it already then I apologise. The customisation options for the 97T basically make the 98T from 1986. A few pics. These are mine cos I can't be bothered to google them. Yes it did crash. Gary Ward was the driver and he is a decent driver who I think drives the car in the masters GP series. Problem with Goodwood (where pics were taken) is the rally cars go on the track before the 1970's+ F1 cars.

1075867_553438881389726_1948917550_n.jpg

Here you can see the extra brake vents/ducts.

988622_553438898056391_848637156_n.jpg

Snorkel type air intake on the sidepod and the double spoiler. Also this shot you can see him just turning into the slide. Lots of grass left from the rally cars being thrown behind to.

1005196_553438938056387_2122642165_n.jpg

And hmmm... Yeah the end result of that skid. Anyway the 12 is on the sidepod. Not just behind the wheel like it is on the 97T.

But if you are referring to it remembering your settings with each restart, I do recall being frustrated when it wouldn't do so, but am sure that has also been fixed for quite some time now too.

Yes that's what I meant. Excuse my post then, didn't realize they had been fixed a while back.
Seems as if they still don't remember for the non-drift courtesy car off-line events though.

I was just driving around on arcade mode and noticed that the handbrake takes about 1.5 seconds to lock the wheels. If I remember correctly, just tapping the button would cause the wheels lock. I might be wrong though.
Was it like this since the beginning in GT6?

I don't know what the hell is happening with alerts, I tought this thread was dead already and I see it with pages of posts I haven't read..

I am so sorry, I'll be updating the OP right now

Back