GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Where are the grid lights again, just multiplayer and are you talking about the on screen ones or on track ones?

I was referring to the online ones, and I'm not sure where the offline on-track grid lights function because I haven't played the game and added the update yet.

It looks like you wrote something on the track just before you flipped, cant think what.:scared:

Old timer, knock me out or buy me a drink, or else I say that there is a lot very good pixel photohoppers out there.

Or I can just say:

hqdefault.jpg

..each car apparently takes six months to render after all.

Those "six months" is something called "man hours" and it is an industry standard for process of car modeling. The same "six months" timeframe is used by almost all modeler companies that are working on the high-detailed modeling, from those working for the Forza series (Rabcat, GlasssEgg, Dhruva..) to modelers of pCARS.

Logically, modeling cars for games such as iRacing, RaceRoom, rFactor, etc. takes much less time because those cars are very low on details, mesh complexion and shader/textures implementation.

Real time to render a vehicle for GT/Forza/pCARS (exterior and chassis in parts) is around 4 weeks, while interior can take up to 2-4 weeks more, depending on complexity.

Those "six months" is something called "man hours" and it is an industry standard for process of car modeling. The same "six months" timeframe is used by almost all modeler companies that are working on the high-detailed modeling, from those working for the Forza series (Rabcat, GlasssEgg, Dhruva..) to modelers of pCARS.

Logically, modeling cars for games such as iRacing, RaceRoom, rFactor, etc. takes much less time because those cars are very low on details, mesh complexion and shader/textures implementation.

Real time to render a vehicle (exterior and chassis in parts) is around 4 weeks, while interior can take up to 2-4 weeks more, depending on complexity.

Amar, is it right to expect more like this from PD in future - can we expect more regular content additions from now on?

Real time to render a vehicle for GT/Forza/pCARS (exterior and chassis in parts) is around 4 weeks, while interior can take up to 2-4 weeks more, depending on complexity.

You learn something new every day.

Amar, is it right to expect more like this from PD in future - can we expect more regular content additions from now on?

I honestly hope so.

What I am seeing here is how major details (camber fix, PIT mark for drivers in the list and Default tuning option) are something intensively discussed at the Q&A section.

Great to see things are moving on on the rapid pace in last 6 weeks.

I honestly hope so.

What I am seeing here is how major details (camber fix, PIT mark for drivers in the list and Default tuning option) are something intensively discussed at the Q&A section.

Great to see things are moving on on the rapid pace in last 6 weeks.

Q & A section there is probably something.

But I'm sure all contents is planned from the beginning.

I would not be surprised if they waited 1 or 2 months to send content more regularly.

I must admit I was one of them I meant to vote yes but was watching the tv too and taped the wrong part of my ipad screen 🤬 you can't revoke my vote
Don't worry. We need a few negatives to keep PD on their toes and not let things go to their heads. Another fantastic recent update and another step in the right direction.Glad to see PD are putting things together and haven't abandoned GT6 for a PS4 version.

Now all we need is Zahara and a course creator as promised. Then we can have the "no" option turned off (I joke).

Last edited:
If anyone needed confirmation that Polyphony Digital listen to the comments and suggestions on gtplanet, this update was that confirmation.

Errm how do you come by that conclusion , pd release what they want when they want, we can only hope someday in the future we as customers and players become as important to kaz as the manufacturers and maybe he will listen when sales fall for ps4 gt game. But they certainly ain't listened to community for the last 6 months kaz has employed see no evil hear no evil speak no evil tactic.

Not really an undocumented change, but worth to mention:
In regards to the physics- and tiremodel changes, PD claims that default car settings (most important suspension here) has been altered to match changes.
Here's my find: if you want to drive your already owned cars stock, you have to hit "set to default" on your former stock suspension column, 'cause whole new settings will appear then stock!

Errm how do you come by that conclusion , pd release what they want when they want, we can only hope someday in the future we as customers and players become as important to kaz as the manufacturers and maybe he will listen when sales fall for ps4 gt game. But they certainly ain't listened to community for the last 6 months kaz has employed see no evil hear no evil speak no evil tactic.

Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A Guidelines and Discussion

Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A

Adjustments to the physics simulation model
The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved;
(2) The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the "Camber Angle" option);
(3) The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;

Someone ought to test the R8 GT3, it could be, dare I say it, driveable.

Don't copy and past a link mate what do that prove either have a discussion or don't bother , fact if they haven't given us anything we wanted pd has only release stuff they wanted to release. Iam not bashing them but people here are blinded by a small update look at the bigger picture or there site were they list missing features that we all want.

Would you rather this update over the track creator bspec communityfeatures the gps mobile app ...really? Have they really listened to us ?

Actually its GT GREY 001-N
Is it , wow looks like the spagna bronze by BMW ..... I best go to specsavers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back