GT6's 1.19 Update next June 1st?

• Thread starter RACCAR
  • 256 comments
I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment... This is the final round of GT Academy, I don't think they'd want attention diverted from that, whether or not new content is ready. Perhaps a second update later in the month if the content is ready, but I'm not so sure we have any real evidence that it is...

Last edited:
How about Pikes Peak? Didn't they tell us about that?

That was more of a sponsorship deal, people are just speculating that it could mean Pikes Peak is coming since like the Nurburging 24, its sponsored by Gran Turismo.

This is a partnership.

But considering the importance, this track will probably in Gran Turismo.

It remains to be seen if it will be for GT6 at the end of june or it will be GT7.

Going off past history, we had an update two days after GT Academy last year which brought 3 new cars and the Red Bull Ring.

So an update following GT Academy isn't impossible.
Did you see what I wrote on the previous page?

This is a partnership.

But considering the importance, this track will probably in Gran Turismo.

It remains to be seen if it will be for GT6 at the end of june or it will be GT7.

People however automatically assume PD have somehow "licensed" it just based on them sponsoring the event.

Edit: Also, I think we can confirm this update is officially coming June 2nd so change of thread title is kinda needed.

Last edited:
People however automatically assume PD have somehow "licensed" it just based on them sponsoring the event.

Edit: Also, I think we can confirm this update is officially coming June 2nd so change of thread title is kinda needed.

Anything that affect closely Gran Turismo, Kaz puts in the game:

Red Bull : Vettel, Newey, Red Bull Cars, Red Bull Ring
24H Nurburgring : main sponsor, present in GT, Kaz's cars
GT Academy : Silverstone, RJN GT-R, Zyteck, GT-R LM

Etc.

Pikes Peak. Between partnership and participation of Kaz, there is a good chance we find this track in GT ;)
Then one of the news cars in GT6, 3 or 4 are approved Pikes Peak...

Last edited:
Anything that affect closely Gran Turismo, Kaz puts in the game:

Red Bull: Vettel, Newey, Red Bull Cars, Red Bull Ring
24H Nurburgring: main sponsor, this track is present in the game, Kaz's cars
GT Academy: Silverstone, RJN GT-R, Zyteck, GT-R LM

Etc.

Pikes Peak. Between partnership and participation of Kaz, there is a good chance we find this track in GT ;)
Then one of the news cars in GT6, 3 or 4 are approved Pikes Peak...

I just think automatically assuming is setting people up for disappointment, like the ones who for some reason really think 1.19 will have that feature that'll easily overshadow the final round of GT Academy.

Did you see what I wrote on the previous page?
Yes I did. And it's certainly out there in the realm of possibilities.

No ones said it yet so I'll throw some extra coal into the burner of the train... The Isle of Man TT kicks off on the 3rd June, 2 days after the update. And Thursdays are always good for new seasonals Hmmm... Manx academy TT lol I'd prefer that over yas marina if we were to get a new track. Even though the mountain isn't lmp1 friendly but it would definitely test everyone's limits
Thursdays' have only ever had an update once, back in December of last year. So don't expect another update on a Thursday in line with Seasonal's. Seasonal's bringing in an update is a big common misconception.

As for the Isle of Man TT for Round 4. Not a chance. Why? The track is nowhere near safe for an LMP1, let alone conventional, and as @RACECAR has noticed, most rounds follow a pattern of the car being used at a track where that said car races. The GT-R NISMO at Silverstone, the GT-R GT3 at Brands Hatch, and the LMP2 at Spa. So based on that, Le Mans or COTA look to be in the running. Yas Marina has only been brought up due to Euro Race Camps being held there now, but other than that, there's not much to support that prediction.

As for the Isle of Man TT for Round 4. Not a chance. Why? The track is nowhere near safe for an LMP1

Lol..and who said GT was anything like realistic?
If Isle of Man TT makes it in then you'll still be able to drive any car on any track.

It was confirmed on April 23rd, 3 weeks before this thread was opened, because it's in the rules for GT Academy:
5. Online Qualification
5.1 Entrants must update their copy of the Game, on or after 21 April 2015 at 08.00 BST, and take part in a specially created in-game event.
5.2 Entrants must perform the first three (3) non-competitive rounds of the in-game event, which will each become available at 08.00 BST on the following dates, and must be performed before the end of the Online Entry Period:
(a)Round 1: 21 April 2015;
(b)Round 2: 5 May 2015; and
(c)Round 3: 19 May 2015.
5.3 Entrants must then again update their copy of the Game, on or after 02 June 2015 at 08.00 BST, and, when prompted, accept these Terms and choose to enter the Competition before completing the fourth (4th) competitive round, which will be available on 2 June 2015 at 08.00 BST

As for the Isle of Man TT for Round 4. Not a chance. Why? The track is nowhere near safe for an LMP1

Lol..and who said GT was anything like realistic?
If Isle of Man TT makes it in then you'll still be able to drive any car on any track.
I never said GT was realistic, but GT Academy should be kept as close to reality as possible. It wouldn't be in the best interest of Nissan to train and/or source their soon-to-be graduates on or with something that doesn't replicate a real life situation. There hasn't been round in GT Academy where, for instance, a Nissan GT-R GT3 has to be lapped around the small and compact GT Arena.

But as I pointed out;
... and as @RACECAR has noticed, most rounds follow a pattern of the car being used at a track where that said car races. The GT-R NISMO at Silverstone, the GT-R GT3 at Brands Hatch, and the LMP2 at Spa. So based on that, Le Mans or COTA look to be in the running.

why not the Aston Martin GT12 ? Kaz was in during practice for the 24h Nordschleife Race . Last year we got the Lexus ISF CSS-R

kaz.JPG
aston-martin0-3hdy-gt3-2015-dk3-61.jpg

There "may" be some logic in PP coming to GT. Why would we have the Monster Tajima cars otherwise? Even though there are plenty of other cars in game with no real in game venue for them.

It would NOT be a GTA round 4 though.

I'm still in the camp of, nothing too big in the update other than the GTR-LM and possibly Yas. But I still think LeMans is quite likely the R4 track.

Update June 2nd:

It is now possible to color front spoiler and side skirts.

All standard cars now have wiper activation.

That is all. :sly:
You know, that would be pretty darn awesome!
Why? Because it would be living proof that they are slowly getting all the standards to at least 'semi premium' quality. :)

Back