GT7 at Gamescom 2014?

• Thread starter Soulbaker
  • 77 comments
Yeah, good looking logo indeed. But still, let's see what the Gamescom really brings to us. I could swear that there won't be any "big" information released on GT7, but if it happens I would go partying the c**p out of me. I think that they might give us some further information on future GT6 updates, you know, how the progress on the next update is going or so, or when the promised features will eventually come.

They could just tease us with a super GT500 car and some awesome sounds (they could be real world sounds, it's just a tease) and at the end just show us a 7

They will not announce GT7 before releasing DriveClub. This only happens if GT7 demo (or beta!) will be in DriveClub discs! Then DriveClub sales will be much better and we can see GT7 sooner than later! :D
I think we can hope for a new GT6 trailer and some big updates. Maybe GT6 Spec II.

They will not announce GT7 before releasing DriveClub. This only happens if GT7 demo (or beta!) will be in DriveClub discs! Then DriveClub sales will be much better and we can see GT7 sooner than later! :D
I think we can hope for a new GT6 trailer and some big updates. Maybe GT6 Spec II.

I doubt.

Sony seems to want to focus on the PS4 at the conference.

But maybe we will have information on the official website or elsewhere? Maybe.

I'd rather it was announced when gameplay is ready instead of some silly teaser that doesn't reveal anything and is practically pointless. I know that's an uncommon practice in the industry these days to wait for real progress before flaunting the game but it would make the doubters second-guess their decision to already shoot down GT7.

Don't mean to sound rude but why on earth is this thread still open? The link doesn't work and no other soild source about GT7 being at Gamescom was heared or discovered. No point in speculating either so, this thread should be closed before tomorrow...

Don't mean to sound rude but why on earth is this thread still open? The link doesn't work and no other soild source about GT7 being at Gamescom was heared or discovered. No point in speculating either so, this thread should be closed before tomorrow...

Because GTP mods would rather hunt down grammar mistakes.

:lol:

And they would have to re-open this thread if GT7 is at Gamescom?

How are they related in any way?!?! Do you even Gran Turismo?

How are they related in any way?!?! Do you even Gran Turismo?
They're related because Driveclub is Sony's racing game that it wants to display atm. In the end, not even Kaz and his amazing powers of denial can't stop Sony Entertainment executives. Also, GT7 needs development time, no matter what Kaz says about the project.

They're related because Driveclub is Sony's racing game that it wants to display atm. In the end, not even Kaz and his amazing powers of denial can't stop Sony Entertainment executives. Also, GT7 needs development time, no matter what Kaz says about the project.

They have nothing to do with eachother whatsoever, they just happen to be PS exclusives, they aren't even made by the same studios, all Sony does to each one of them is this "Alright, you got the money, NOW MAKE US THE GODDAMN GAME", they are mearly the publishers -_-

Oh and I think Sony has had enough of DC who cares about a 1 course with 11 track variation, totally free-to-play game if you have PS plus

They have nothing to do with eachother whatsoever, they just happen to be PS exclusives, they aren't even made by the same studios, all Sony does to each one of them is this "Alright, you got the money, NOW MAKE US THE GODDAMN GAME", they are mearly the publishers -_-
I don't think you understand. Releasing GT7 this early would divert all the hype (at the consumer level) away from Driveclub, which is Sony's party piece right now. Gran Turismo is one of the trump cards that Sony has offered for 16 years now, the name alone would arouse attention at a gaming conference.

Oh and I think Sony has had enough of DC who cares about a 1 course with 11 track variation, totally free-to-play game if you have PS plus
Right, because publishers give up on game studios for no reason on a regular basis.

I don't think you understand. Releasing GT7 this early would divert all the hype (at the consumer level) away from Driveclub, which is Sony's party piece right now. Gran Turismo is one of the trump cards that Sony has offered for 16 years now, the name alone would arouse attention at a gaming conference.

Right, because publishers give up on game studios for no reason on a regular basis.

I agree with the fact that Drive Club would keep fans waiting for the next gen gran turismo (like many game reviewers have said, it's just an appetizer capable of showing the ps4's power) but the way Dingo Dile said made it look like DC was made by PD

It's highly possible, remember when "GT5 was revealed" at the launch of the ps3? It was just a few GT500 cars racing arround New York (it doesn't even make sense :/ )

They could just give us a 30 secs trailer and say "2015" it doesn't have to be playable. I hope it's announced today because if it's not then the closest BIG event is E3 2015 and that would mean no GT in 2015.

Anyone got a time table of the conferences? I don't want to miss a minute.
The Sony conference is at 19:00 PM here in Europe. That's all I can say because I don't know what time it is then in the other time zones, maybe one of you guys can find out when the conference is taking place in the othwr time zones (sry for my not so good English hehe).

They could just give us a 30 secs trailer and say "2015" it doesn't have to be playable. I hope it's announced today because if it's not then the closest BIG event is E3 2015 and that would mean no GT in 2015.
Why do you want a GT 2015?

When GT6 came out last year Kaz said "GT7 for the end of the year 2014 in the best scenario". We all knew at this time that it wasn't realistic...

But Kaz said it, so it means that there was a (really really) small probability that the game would be ready for december(only 4 months from now). He also said 2 months ago "I don't think it'll make this year!". He still speaks as if the game will almost be ready for the end of the year! This is why, I have the feeling that the game is "ready" (new graphical engine, new physics, new AI + copy/paste for tracks/cars from GT6 + the new ones they have modeled). I begin to think that the only problem of GT7 is GT6 and the fact that they have to deliver what they promised on a hardware they don't want to work on anymore...

Remember that we also heard about GT7 Tech demo video on november 2013 oO.

For me GT6 is already dead(I don't speak about the hardcore fanbase like us), it came out on an outdated console (PS3 = 2006 = 8 years old), it doesn't respect the philosophy of the series : "One of the best looking/photo-realist game @each release!". The sales are clearly bad, I really think that they should show something quickly just to show that they are still here and capable.

GT6 looks like GT5 and GT5 Prologue (2007) so it looks like 7 years old game, people want something NEW.

Last edited:
Why do you want a GT 2015?
What do you mean? I want GT7 to come out in 2015 and if they don't announce it today the closest big event is E3 2015. I know that GT6 was announced at it's own small event but it was also just a minor improvement over GT5 (some would argue it was a downgrade).

MM and GG are supposedly showing their new games, almost no chance for PD to show GT7, they'll probably show it at their home turf at TGS

What do you mean? I want GT7 to come out in 2015 and if they don't announce it today the closest big event is E3 2015. I know that GT6 was announced at it's own small event but it was also just a minor improvement over GT5 (some would argue it was a downgrade).
I'm asking why do you want a GT7 just two years after GT6? Abandoning GT6 now would be one of the biggest mistakes PD could do, let them finish it first.

I'm asking why do you want a GT7 just two years after GT6? Abandoning GT6 now would be one of the biggest mistakes PD could do, let them finish it first.

10 millions of people bought GT5 and only 1/4 of them bought GT6 (2.39M). The majority of them played the game for a couple of weeks, said "But it is GT5.1 ?!" and put the game in a closet. The only one that kept playing this game is us ! And how many are we ? 10k ? 100K ?

If you were Kaz, do you prefer to try to satisfy 100k players or reconquer 10M players with the most beautiful car game ever made ?

IMO, they should release a simple course maker (just to not be called liars) and "abandon" GT6... Each minute they spend on GT6 it is a minute lost on GT7 and the gap between other games (project cars, assetto corsa, raceroom) keep growing.

Still hard working(big features) on a 8 years old hardware is crazy IMO.

Last edited:
10 millions of people bought GT5 and only 1/4 of them bought GT6 (2.39M). The majority of them played the game for a couple of weeks, said "But it is GT5.1 ?!" and put the game in a closet. The only one that kept playing this game is us ! And how many are we ? 10k ? 100K ?

If you were Kaz, do you prefer to try to satisfy 100k players or reconquer 10M players with the most beautiful car game ever made ?

IMO, they should release a simple course maker (just to not be called liars) and "abandon" GT6...

And those 100 million will of course all have PS4's won't they?

Back