GT7 Cross Gen killed the game for PS5 owners

Apparently Microsoft paid for priority when making chips for the consoles so thats why they are now readily available.

If Sony had done this we'd have more people playing on PS5. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a PS4 (i skipped that gen) JUST to play GT7. Ended up paying $580 for a disc PS5. Oh yes, you bet your ass when I land a new one I'm going to resell for at least $600.

Apparently Microsoft paid for priority when making chips for the consoles so thats why they are now readily available.

If Sony had done this we'd have more people playing on PS5. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a PS4 (i skipped that gen) JUST to play GT7. Ended up paying $580 for a disc PS5. Oh yes, you bet your ass when I land a new one I'm going to resell for at least $600.
I'm no expert but when it comes to a consoles availability I'd say it's more about supply and demand than anything else Microsoft may or may not be doing. You still can't readily get a Series X or either version of the PS5 in my country but Series S are always available and it's rare if you can't pick one up at discount prices.

Edit:

Last edited:
I'm no expert but when it comes to a consoles availability I'd say it's more about supply and demand than anything else Microsoft may or may not be doing. You still can't readily get a Series X or either version of the PS5 in my country but Series S are always available and it's rare if you can't pick one up at discount prices.

Edit:

Uhh, isnt that what I talked about? MS paid the foundries to give their chips priority (https://techgamebox.com/xbox-series...-end-as-microsoft-pay-to-increase-production/), which is why they're readily available. It may not be available in Aus, but it is in the US. Are you saying demand for the SX isnt as high? Who knows, but if I'm a hardcore gamer I'd definitely go with the SX and get gamepass.

I have both consoles now even tho I've been dogging PS, right now its my favorite despite only playing one game. It feels good to be back, after a no-PS4 hiatus.

Anyone who has actually played the game knows this is incorrect. The PS5 struggles with the current car count on certain tracks.

Uhh, isnt that what I talked about? MS paid the foundries to give their chips priority (https://techgamebox.com/xbox-series...-end-as-microsoft-pay-to-increase-production/), which is why they're readily available. It may not be available in Aus, but it is in the US. Are you saying demand for the SX isnt as high? Who knows, but if I'm a hardcore gamer I'd definitely go with the SX and get gamepass.
What I'm saying is that in my country Series S has freely been available since shortly after release and easily obtainable at discount prices, so yes, this console isn't popular. Series X and both PS5 versions on the other hand are all still unavailable because they're popular. Whether Microsoft did or didn't, and it's still not clear they did from your link, hasn't changed that.

Edit:

If Microsoft did in fact pay extra for the chips then why the hell didn't they put them in the more popular, difficult to obtain console :confused:

What I'm saying is that in my country Series S has freely been available since shortly after release and easily obtainable at discount prices, so yes, this console isn't popular. Series X and both PS5 versions on the other hand are all still unavailable because they're popular. Whether Microsoft did or didn't, and it's still not clear they did from your link, hasn't changed that.

If Microsoft did in fact pay extra for the chips then why the hell didn't they put them in the more popular, difficult to obtain console :confused:
The SoC in the Series S is noticeably smaller, so it's easier to produce in higher quantities. It's simply more available because they can make enough of them to satisfy the demand unlike the Series X.

I believe that sport mode, daily races etc. are segregated that PS5 players will not race PS4 players for the lag reasons.
Correct me if wrong....

They did, its just that US is a better market then Aus.
It still doesn't make sense to have an over abundance of the cheaper version and yet your flagship model is still unavailable to those who want one (like me for example), especially if they're paying extra for these chips. Concentrating them on the Series X would make more sense. Seems like poor business to me.

I do understand that the US market is far bigger and therefore more important to MS but FFS stop flooding our market with the low end ones and show us some love DownUnder.

Hmm, I checked on Amazon and seems as though the Series X is unavailable in the US as well :confused:

The SoC in the Series S is noticeably smaller, so it's easier to produce in higher quantities. It's simply more available because they can make enough of them to satisfy the demand unlike the Series X.
That makes sense, but see above.

I always thought cross gen would be the wrong move to make, even before I had a PS5. So the launch of this game has went more or less what I expected given my experiences with other cross gen games.

I just cannot wait until developers forget about last gen consoles, because they are bogging down the gaming industry at this point. Although, the Series S will do the same in a few years.

I’m pretty much at the end of my rope with console gaming anyway, mainly because of this kind of ********.

Last edited:
I think cross-play wouldn't be so bad if word differently, like Cross platform. As in, current gens, not previous gens.

But even if you decide to run the gambit and make it current gen, different specs means there's always going to be some sort of middle ground having to be reached.

Basically, your only experience is subjected to the BOP

Last edited:
So much BS on this thread.
The majority of GT7 sales are on the ps5.
GT7 was not made for the ground up for the ps5 , Polyphony litteraly just upscaled the ps4 game engine .
PS5 strugles at 4k 60 fps in scenarios the PS4 pro and PS4 don't ( digital foundry documented this) .
GT7 never was intended to be a PS5 only game .. They were just smart about it unlike GT6

Dailies are not cross gen and still randomly limited to 16 cars. And we see Massive frame drops in os5. The game doesn’t look good enough to be seeing frame drops, even at 4k. Clearly not optimised but at least use DRS so we can lock 60fps.

You can partially thank all the scalping parasites and their enabling customers for that one.
You also have to consider that at this point in time there have only been 18 million PS5s sold while there are over 110 million PS4s out in the wild so PD would be cutting out a lot of the audience for a game which is designed to be a best seller.
Im hoping this wont be an issue when GT8 is ready to launch and I think GT8 will smooth over all the shortcomings of a cross platform launch by being PS5 only.
It won’t though because the PlayStation 5 probably won’t come now this year they will skip it and put it on ps4

Exactly. Any 'limitation' - if indeed there actually are, is such a first world problem. I can probably afford a PS5 in a few months. But even if I can, a lot can't. It's still a lot of money for a lot of people
I can’t afford one Iam on benefits due to health issues

It's not just about affording one, I've never seen them in stock anywhere in the UK, ever. I saw a news story the other day about some stock existing, so looked at a few retailer websites, but still none of them had any.

Do you have that stock checker site/discord group?

You'd definitely have one in your hands now if you followed that.

Last edited:
It's not just about affording one, I've never seen them in stock anywhere in the UK, ever. I saw a news story the other day about some stock existing, so looked at a few retailer websites, but still none of them had any.
There are none in the uk anywhere for sale due to the chip shortage for them I think they will skip the ps5 now

They come and go. If you’re expecting to walk into Dixons and nab one it’s not going to happen. You need to subscribe to a stock checker and jump into online queues. Most retailers have a decent enough system now to combat the scalpers.

They come and go. If you’re expecting to walk into Dixons and nab one it’s not going to happen. You need to subscribe to a stock checker and jump into online queues. Most retailers have a decent enough system now to combat the scalpers.

:D Dixons

Yeah, screw all those people who don't have a PS5 yet during a chip shortage because you had to compromise so that they could enjoy the game too. How selfish of them.

I'm also guessing that PS4 is the reason why we don't have city courses
Keep playing the game and you'll unlock Tokyo Expressway.

Also there already were several street circuits in the PS1 games. Obviously the PS4 can handle street circuits as well. Which is why it does.

Yeah, screw all those people who don't have a PS5 yet during a chip shortage because you had to compromise so that they could enjoy the game too. How selfish of them.
I can’t afford one yet Iam on benefits I enjoy playing gran trisomo 7 so keep quiet

Back