GT7 Cross Gen killed the game for PS5 owners

I believe that sport mode, daily races etc. are segregated that PS5 players will not race PS4 players for the lag reasons.
Correct me if wrong....
First of all I am a PS4 (Pro) owner. If we are not segregated they should do it. Or if they don't want segregation they should reduce the workload (by means of resolution, details, effects, etc.) on the PS4/Pros.
I will survive, I started in 1982 with Chequered Flag on ZX Spectrum:

FD7C593C-10EC-48A3-A661-09BE7081B1DB.png

I hope Sony will pull itself together. If they get back the chips injected into people with covid vaccines 😉 and finally finish uploading the black market, we all will be able to buy PS5 at reasonable price.

Last edited:
Don't worry bud, I was being sarcastic towards the OP. I think cross platform was the right call because it means people like you and me can still play (I'm on PS4, myself waiting for a PS5).
Iam as well I enjoy it on the PS4 I think the graphics are amazing

I’ve purchased a PS4/PS5 version of GT7 @ NZ$15 over the standard PS4 version so when I can finally buy a PS5 in New Zealand I’m ready to go having already paid the difference. There are PS5’s for sale here but they are from scalpers at double the price. I can afford to pay that but no way am I going to buy one and reward that type of behaviour and I wouldn’t pay that because I would never feel good about paying such an exorbitant price. I’m quite happy to continue playing it on my PS4 Pro for the foreseeable future.

Definitely a decision from Sony as to, you know, make more money. Seeing the PS5 is so hard to get, it makes sense from a business point of view.

Sony shot themselves in the foot with the lack of availability of the PS5, some of which might not be their fault (chip shortages, procurement issues, etc.). If PS5s were sitting on shelves of stores collecting dust I could see them making GT7 for only PS5 in order to try and coax people into buying it, but that ain't the case and I think they saw this coming.

I feel fortunate to have a PS5. I don't play a lot of video games, but the ones I do play I play a lot. GT was one of the reasons I wanted a PS5.

Definitely a decision from Sony as to, you know, make more money. Seeing the PS5 is so hard to get, it makes sense from a business point of view.

Sony shot themselves in the foot with the lack of availability of the PS5, some of which might not be their fault (chip shortages, procurement issues, etc.). If PS5s were sitting on shelves of stores collecting dust I could see them making GT7 for only PS5 in order to try and coax people into buying it, but that ain't the case and I think they saw this coming.

I feel fortunate to have a PS5. I don't play a lot of video games, but the ones I do play I play a lot. GT was one of the reasons I wanted a PS5.
Ditto. When Target did their mid-March restock, by the time I straightened out the issues with their website, the closest store to me was sold out. Fortunately, the next-closest one wasn't.

I'm actually more fortunate that Sony still was shipping out the pre-order version of the 25th Anniversary (and if memory serves, base Launch Edition) disc versions a week after launch, and the pre-order code worked (more for the cars because I redeemed the codes on my Plus account instead of the GTP account).

Now all I need is a decent 4K monitor. All of the ones with HDMI 2.1 are hideously expensive and have subpar HDR, while the one sub-43" 4K TV (a 32" Samsung that might barely fit my setup) doesn't have HDMI 2.1 or true local dimming.

You can partially thank all the scalping parasites and their enabling customers for that one.
You also have to consider that at this point in time there have only been 18 million PS5s sold while there are over 110 million PS4s out in the wild so PD would be cutting out a lot of the audience for a game which is designed to be a best seller.
Im hoping this wont be an issue when GT8 is ready to launch and I think GT8 will smooth over all the shortcomings of a cross platform launch by being PS5 only.
Gt8 will be on PlayStation 4 as well because the PlayStation 5 will still not be available

I don't think Cross-Gen is the biggest Problem. GT7 looks really outstanding and sounds extremely good on most of the cars. And there is the Problem, the rest of the game just lacks the need of beeing completely finished, wether it is the very poor AI which isn't capable of doing real racing, just rubber-band catching up and running into you or the weired physics, which sometimes really gives you a good feel and the next second it is just crap or behaves like it never should. The racing system or campaign are outdated. Nothing you expect these days anymore. I am so fed up on some point with GT7. And in the end running 16 cars is outdated as well. It is more a carscollectors game than an racing game, by far not a Real Driving Simulator, which it claims to be on its title. Sorry, but for real racing I choose ACC, GT7 is for nice replays, car liveries and photoshooting. I am really sad for just feeling this way at the moment. My two cents on this.

All the issues are not the fault of cross platform. They could have optimised code for BOTH.

Its PDs incompetence plain and simple.
They just keep refreshing old potatoes and polish them.....

Last edited:
The game will be okey, if they will delete the Cross Gen option. Then they can optimise fully the game for PS5 consoles.
You could be sarcastic but I agree...If they knew things were going to be this horrendous, they could have taken the pragmatic approach and a) made it a PS5 exclusive, then b) updated GT Sport for PS4 players with a few of the GT7 features as a teaser, like camera wobble.

It's the best idea I can think of...

Last edited:
Just to beat the PC port drum I would buy this game again on PC if it ever happens. There was some appearance of GT7 in PC listing and software DB's so maybe some day.

All the issues are not the fault of cross platform. They could have optimised code for BOTH.

Its PDs incompetence plain and simple.
Agree. Forza Horizon 5 is cross-gen too but it runs super smooth on both my Series S and Series X. So no, being cross-gen is no excuse. I really don’t know why PD took so long only to release GT7 in such a bad state. Heck, most of the background music and sound effects are recycled from GT Sport. They didn’t even need to hire any voice actors, instead we get pathetic talking heads.

I play GT7 on both PS4 and PS5 and even on PS5 in performance mode, I can tell it’s not a locked 60fps during replays. I see a lot of judder and frame drops. It’s not my TV as I am playing on an LG CX. Hopefully Sony will enable VRR to help smooth things out.

Last edited:
They come and go. If you’re expecting to walk into Dixons and nab one it’s not going to happen. You need to subscribe to a stock checker and jump into online queues.
Yeah, I got my 3080 by using distill to check retailer websites and pouncing when one was in stock, but I'm not quite bothered enough about getting a PS5 to sit at my PC every minute of the day for weeks like that again. They're worse for stock than graphics cards in that you can now simply buy a graphics card from stock at large retailers.

Last edited:
Agree. Forza Horizon 5 is cross-gen too but it runs super smooth on both my Series S and Series X. So no, being cross-gen is no excuse. I really don’t know why PD took so long only to release GT7 in such a bad state. Heck, most of the background music and sound effects are recycled from GT Sport. They didn’t even need to hire any voice actors, instead we get pathetic talking heads.

I play GT7 on both PS4 and PS5 and even on PS5 in performance mode, I can tell it’s not a locked 60fps during replays. I see a lot of judder and frame drops. It’s not my TV as I am playing on an LG CX. Hopefully Sony will enable VRR to help smooth things out.
Ive played FH5 on 3 different systems and they all look great, xbox 1 x, SX, PC rig - 3950x/3080.

Ive played FH5 on 3 different systems and they all look great, xbox 1 x, SX, PC rig - 3950x/3080.
Yeah, I also have a PC rig too with a 10700k/3090 but I prefer to play FH5 on the Xbox. Quick resume on the Xbox is really awesome. I’ve been playing FH5 more than GT7, because every week there are new cars to win. I can’t even be bothered to play GT7 just to complete the daily workout due to the pathetic roulette payouts.

Yeah, I also have a PC rig too with a 10700k/3090 but I prefer to play FH5 on the Xbox. Quick resume on the Xbox is really awesome. I’ve been playing FH5 more than GT7, because every week there are new cars to win. I can’t even be bothered to play GT7 just to complete the daily workout due to the pathetic roulette payouts.
Yea FH5 is awesome to cruise in with much newer cars. Trying to get a 765LT now. When I get tired of grinding the Tomahawk to get 20 million, Ill probably switch to FH5.

I know cross-gen is no excuse simply because it's been done plenty of times in other games (and IMO developers shouldn't do it if they can't pull it off) but Series S and Series X are both current gen consoles not cross-gen, so I'm not sure of you're reasoning with those two. :confused:

Yeah, I got my 3080 by using distill to check retailer websites and pouncing when one was in stock, but I'm not quite bothered enough about getting a PS5 to sit at my PC every minute of the day for weeks like that again. They're worse for stock than graphics cards in that you can now simply buy a graphics card from stock at large retailers.
The telegram bot I used notified me with a link to the retailer and was straight in to the queue. I used my phone.

Yes. Perfectly!

If GT7 purports to be a long-running game, with systematic updates, there would be no logical reason to release the game on both platforms. Over the years, the game would pay off and feed Sony-PD's coffers. When producing a game for two platforms, the game must be produced within the limitations of the worst platform. Not to mention that launching on two consoles also generates a loss of work time and financial resources.

Considering that PD's production pace is extremely slow and fruitless, in terms of delivering unprecedented and current content (cars and circuits), the situation tends to get even worse. It's no wonder that GT7 is basically the re-release of the reorganized GT Sport.

Last edited:
Have you got some proof of that, beyond assumptions? Because it was certainly promoted as that initially.

Screenshot_3-91b4.jpg
Please go read gaming news, they leaked this game launching on the ps4 very early on and people were denying it , Sony touted GT 7, Miles Morales, god of war Ragnarok, and horizon zero dawn as PS5 exclusives, before disclosing none of them would be at a later date. You literally CAN NOT swing ship that late in development without disastrous consequences. Further GT 7 looks BETTER than did when first revealed.
It was never intended to be a ps5 game, I don't care what sony told the public, it was a marketing strategy to sell ps5's and nothing else. These games have 4-5 year dev cycles now, you must be really daft to think sony just decided a year before two of them launched to say " hey bud's you know that game you are making, make a ps4 version too!". It's a lot more logical to assume they were making both versions since day 1 and logistically, the only real explanation. the ps5 version is just a better ps4 version, you guys are lying to yourselves by thinking GT7 was made for the PS5. It clearly wasn't.
Forza Horizon 5 is cross-gen too but it runs super smooth on both my Series S and Series X.
Forza horizon five has some of the worse pop in i have ever seen in any modern game, If you jump a bit to high entire chunks of the earth vanish out of existence on ALL versions .
This is a case of developers spreading their resources between 6 SKU's and in PlayStation's case THREE sku's .

Last edited:
I know cross-gen is no excuse simply because it's been done plenty of times in other games (and IMO developers shouldn't do it if they can't pull it off) but Series S and Series X are both current gen consoles not cross-gen, so I'm not sure of you're reasoning with those two. :confused:
Yes I know they’re both current gen, my point was the game runs super smooth on both, despite also being available on two last gen consoles (Xbox One S and One X).

Please go read gaming news, they leaked this game launching on the ps4 very early on and people were denying it , Sony touted GT 7, Miles Morales, god of war Ragnarok, and horizon zero dawn as PS5 exclusives, before disclosing none of them would be at a later date. You literally CAN NOT swing ship that late in development without disastrous consequences. Further GT 7 looks BETTER than did when first revealed.
It was never intended to be a ps5 game, I don't care what sony told the public, it was a marketing strategy to sell ps5's and nothing else. These games have 4-5 year dev cycles now, you must be really daft to think sony just decided a year before two of them launched to say " hey bud's you know that game you are making, make a ps4 version too!". It's a lot more logical to assume they were making both versions since day 1 and logistically, the only real explanation. the ps5 version is just a better ps4 version, you guys are lying to yourselves by thinking GT7 was made for the PS5. It clearly wasn't.

Forza horizon five has some of the worse pop in i have ever seen in any modern game, If you jump a bit to high entire chunks of the earth vanish out of existence on ALL versions .
This is a case of developers spreading their resources between 6 SKU's and in PlayStation's case THREE sku's .
So in short, no, you haven't.

Wow ... What is happening with this game ? Gran Turismo 7 is running only with 16 cars on the grid in Online Races because with 20 cars on the grid they can not guarantee a solid 60fps all the time on PS4 consoles.

So because of Cross Gen, the PS5 console owners can not enjoy the full potential of PS5 and because of Cross Gen the PS5 owners has huge optimisation problems with the game, like huge frame drops, picture skippings, stutterings. Just because of that to make the game playable versus PS4 console owners.

So basically we are in 2022 with the newest console (PS5) that run the same amount of cars on the grid like console from 2014 (PS4)

I know this will be a post with a lots of poo reactions, but the true is harsh most of the times.
Basic lack of understanding on this topic....You could run this game on PS5 and PS3 if they wanted, with no hitch. The PS5 renders locally, and the PS4 renders locally. The performance of the PS4 has no impact on the performance of the PS5.

In online racing, it's just client server communication. One client's system does not impact the other client's system. The connection does, but the system itself does not.

City circuis...Um, Tokyo? If they can do Tokyo, they can do any city circuit.

PS4 at 60 fps - Many people dropped their PS4 to 1080p to get (more) consistent 60. Either way, still, the PS4 performance has no impact on the PS5 performance.

The blame lands squarely on Sony/PD - They decimated the online community with their N-class in GTS. They leave online to the community, which is a huge mistake. And they focused everything on MTX (look no further than all the trophies for buying cars and spending credits.

Can I get a 'lol nope' 😅
Not because it can't do 20. It's because there's fewer people playing.

My friends list if qualifying times is often empty, and there's some pretty high end guys in that list. Im the first week, the list was full and so were the races.

There is always a downside to cross gen. Even on PC many games are tailored for middle or even low tier to maximize the potential playerbase. That said, I still think the PS5 is a myth since I have yet to see one in the wild and so Im thankful for the PS4 version of the game 😛

I’ve purchased 5 consoles so far for myself and friends. I work full time. Y’all just aren’t trying hard enough.

Back