GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
The guy in P1 has to have a trick. Half a second is a 100 miles at this place. If I recall, last time this was a Daily there was someone with a similar gap to P2. I don't recall the name but it was probably this same person.
I tried experimenting with different things, but haven't been able to figure out how he did it.
There's a reason he killed his replay.
It may be the same as GT Sport, where immediately after completing the lap, you just shut the console down before the lap can be uploaded.
I did it once in GTS at Blue Moon Bay, when I got the #1 time on my Asian account by intentionally hitting the wall at turn 1, and I didn't want people to see how I did it.

Last edited:
And grid start. 99% chance it'll be the RA272 since we've had this exact combo already (but with fixed settings).

And it's being used for the GTWS at Watkins as well.
PD definitely using us Sport Mode players to help with their BoPs and car/track combos. We can see it plain as day for the Trial Mountain with the specified road cars race as that was a Daily C a few months back; those same cars were then used at Nord for a Daily A the following week. I am sure there are more examples as well (Gr3 at wet to dry N24 recently?).

I have no issue with this at all, just pointing it out.

PD definitely using us Sport Mode players to help with their BoPs and car/track combos. We can see it plain as day for the Trial Mountain with the specified road cars race as that was a Daily C a few months back; those same cars were then used at Nord for a Daily A the following week. I am sure there are more examples as well (Gr3 at wet to dry N24 recently?).

I have no issue with this at all, just pointing it out.

I agree. I also find it quite interesting the more recent ish TTs then become a daily race combo.

What is even more interesting is when the TT is Gr3/4 as that definitely feels like a test to see which cars are meta etc in the "average" players hands not just the top guys.

I felt like Costco peanut butter between a couple of pieces of fancy French bread:

1712930861773.png

And you know what happens when you drop a slice of bread with peanut butter on it - it always lands peanut butter side down.

But I managed 6th, with the top 5 being A+ or A, so it wasn't too bad. At least I never felt nervous - I just made a few too many mistakes.

And it's being used for the GTWS at Watkins as well.
And it still won't be any longer than Race A...💩
If thats the case I think im not moving from race A because the RA272 is one of the best (if not the best) cars to race in VR!
I agree. It's a shame they keep wasting it (and the other F1 cars) on meaningless Race A. I hope they at least turn DR on for this so that it actually means something for once...

Hello fellow racers
Long time reader, new time poster. Playing out of Australia.
Low A high B rating. Really enjoy online racing.
Anyway, jumped into Deep Forest in the Veyron for some qualy before hitting the race up. Man, what a struggle, I was 3 seconds off my friend list pace. Perseverance I thought, that is the key. 45mins later I’ve got the gap down to 1.5secs. Hitting brake markers etc just wresting the car round. After all that, I AM AN IDIOT. Realised I had inters fitted the whole time. lol. Fitted the hards and now had to unlearn all the brake markers and acceleration points etc. oh well, got a half decent 1:33.3 after a few more laps, using the lancer though, although I’m finding the WRX to be a solid choice in the race.
welcome.gif

I've only run a handful of laps this week and all were in the Veyron. Will have to give the WRX a run...I just hate gettin' hunted down and being helpless to defend in the final straight.🤣

:cheers:

My last 3 races could not have been more different to one another... All with my best time so far of 1:33:160, with resident alien @Nebuc72 0.06 ahead of me in the friendly LB 😋

1712940123155.jpeg

Race 1 - Start P5, finish P4 with some good racing and a fastest lap of the race to boot! Happy days 😀

Race 2 - I start in P6 and so many drivers just didn't care about who is around them, could even say a lot of hits between cars were NOT accidental... This one mixed bag of horse and elephant poop of a person rammed his way from P9 to P4, sending people off all race and not even a single penalty! 💔😡

Of course, this all happens around me.. In between trying to survive and getting pushed off track by the same driver I mentioned and me receiving a 1s penalty for being the victim (?!?!?!) as well as being punted off TWICE, I finish in P8..

And yes, I know it was a **** move from me across the finish line, not proud, but I was angry as a podium was surely on the table and at that point, I had no idea who was hitting me so I acted out.

Race 3 - Which was this afternoon. I start dead last with some big names in the lobby. Kept my nose clean, attacked when I could do so cleanly a few times (but no chance against Veyron top speed) but I still managed to make up 5 places and finish in P11. No idea why I lost my clean bonus for this one though...

1712940158721.jpeg
1712940190109.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My last 3 races could not have been more different to one another... All with my best time so far of 1:33:160, with resident alien @Nebuc72 0.06 ahead of me in the friendly LB 😋

View attachment 1345997

Race 1 - Start P5, finish P4 with some good racing and a fastest lap of the race to boot! Happy days 😀

Race 2 - I start in P6 and so many drivers just didn't care about who is around them, could even say a lot of hits between cars were NOT accidental... This one mixed bag of horse and elephant poop of a person rammed his way from P9 to P4, sending people off all race and not even a single penalty! 💔😡

Of course, this all happens around me.. In between trying to survive and getting pushed off track by the same driver I mentioned and me receiving a 1s penalty for being the victim (?!?!?!) as well as being punted off TWICE, I finish in P8..

And yes, I know it was a **** move from me across the finish line, not proud, but I was angry as a podium was surely on the table and at that point, I had no idea who was hitting me so I acted out.

Race 3 - Which was this afternoon. I start dead last with some big names in the lobby. Kept my nose clean, attacked when I could do so cleanly a few times (but no chance against Veyron top speed) but I still managed to make up 5 places and finish in P11. No idea why I lost my clean bonus for this one though...

View attachment 1345998 View attachment 1346000

Ha I see my name ;)

The guy in P1 has to have a trick. Half a second is a 100 miles at this place. If I recall, last time this was a Daily there was someone with a similar gap to P2. I don't recall the name but it was probably this same person.
Objection, that's not 100% correct.

Everyone who is faster than my lame ass has a trick, obviously. Or a bag of tricks. Or a boatload of tricks! 😆

View attachment 1345997

View attachment 1345998 View attachment 1346000

In my poor poor NSX. Took the most unnecessary stray ever in the BoP changes. I have no idea why they nerfed it.

Voodoo magic right there!! 🔥🔥

Well done @newmedia_dev 😎

Curious, what positions do you and the rest of the gang start in Race B? I really am surprised as did another one now and again, dead last! Only managed P13 this time as it was me who made a mistake, hit the tunnel barrier Sector 1 and got a 1.5s gift...

Last edited:
Voodoo magic right there!! 🔥🔥

Well done @newmedia_dev 😎

Curious, what positions do you and the rest of the gang start in Race B? I really am surprised as did another one now and again, dead last! Only managed P13 this time as it was me who made a mistake, hit the tunnel barrier Sector 1 and got a 1.5s gift...
I start in first place, first place 3rd, first person to be 8th and first person to be 7th....

Now where I finish is not those places. Sometimes I'm 1rd others 15nd 🤣

As I've said a million times before, the only way I win is if I start pole, or the people in front of me screw up. So, thank you to the guy in 1st who screwed up.

1712945084443.png

I'm trending up:

1712945137625.png

Now if I could only figure out how to take turns 8-10 more efficiently... I swear, the leaderboard leaders are using different tires than I am. I think the key is somewhere in taking a shallower path through T8, in other words coming into the turn closer to the barrier on the right, but I still can't get it quite right.

And yes, I'm whining, even though my time is inside the top 2,800, which for me is pretty darn good. It's just that I feel like I'm this close to having a breakthrough.

As I've said a million times before, the only way I win is if I start pole, or the people in front of me screw up. So, thank you to the guy in 1st who screwed up.

View attachment 1346012

I'm trending up:

View attachment 1346013

Now if I could only figure out how to take turns 8-10 more efficiently... I swear, the leaderboard leaders are using different tires than I am. I think the key is somewhere in taking a shallower path through T8, in other words coming into the turn closer to the barrier on the right, but I still can't get it quite right.

And yes, I'm whining, even though my time is inside the top 2,800, which for me is pretty darn good. It's just that I feel like I'm this close to having a breakthrough.
I have a tip for you dude, go do 10 laps in the KTM TT, hop back in the big bug and things will click ;)

Edit

In all seriousness go do something slower and less grippy.

I think the thing that concerns me a little is that "you can only win from pole" you gotta detach a little from winning them all mate, more focus on improving the way you keep up or move through traffic, I mean that's racing. Driving a procession home isn't racing it's time trial with people following.

Last edited:
Separate rant, mods feel free to merge or warn.

I don't understand the need/desire in this weeks races. Ok I get race A is a bit of a free for all, but actual races that are more than bump drafting and timing nitro

They are so hit and miss, just the quality of decision making is so so poor. Yet In other races it's super good. I just don't understand how much the quality varies and I'm not even pulling out driver ranks or sr here. It doesn't seem to matter.

Weird week is all I can say. The racing can be excellent or it goes in to the thirst pit of doom.

I think the thing that concerns me a little is that "you can only win from pole" you gotta detach a little from winning them all mate
Oh believe me, I'm not focused on winning at all. If I were, I'd get frustrated and quit racing. For me, the game is most fun when:
  1. I can manage to get a good QT. That's at least half the fun - maybe more - for me with GT7.
  2. I can hold my own in a race. If I start pole, then obviously the goal is to win. Otherwise, it's to keep my position, or manage to better it a little.

If your ass is lame, mine is dead!
My tail is burnt from the intense racing at times, but I always get back up the next day and start over from scratch.

@mellofello9 I'm trying to figure out where my autism came from, I mean it's good I have some mental and physical talents, but I feel hesitant whenever I am in a large race with 16-18 players. When I'm near a cluster of cars I'm claustrophobic. Maybe one day whever things settle down from my crazy schedule, we can do some lobby races with some other members here. How does that sound?

Last edited:
Finally got some time in at DF and, well....
ooooh_my.png

Took a minute but I've started to find my groove here. The elevation changes are a blast and I am diggin' this course, if not finally.

Am hoping the combination of PS4 + early morning lobbies = fun. I'm down to a 1:33.4xx in the Bug', which I'm hoping is good enough for P8+ starts here in Slow States of America territory.

Good luck racin' and keep it sticky-side down out there!😁

:cheers:

Back