GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
So, after doing my third week of the Daily C races, the data is becoming meaningful.

Mondays are a waste.
It takes me 4 days to really make advances on a new track.
Im high D/ Low C lobby.
Im usually placed in a lobby where Im 2 seconds behind pole.
If Im placed in a race lower than 9th, I will always finish higher.
If Im placed in a race higher than 5th, I will generally underperform.
Times are much slower after a bottle of wine at dinner.

So, after doing my third week of the Daily C races, the data is becoming meaningful.

Mondays are a waste.
It takes me 4 days to really make advances on a new track.
Im high D/ Low C lobby.
Im usually placed in a lobby where Im 2 seconds behind pole.
If Im placed in a race lower than 9th, I will always finish higher.
If Im placed in a race higher than 5th, I will generally underperform.
Times are much slower after a bottle of wine at dinner.
Plus Monday is usually a boring day of the week. I know it was during my 12 years of school. Friday was the best!

Just leaving this here..... 🤣 😀🤣❤️

1713003193115.png

1713003210104.jpeg

Also, apologies to mods for unintentionally by-passing the swear filter last night - wrote the word in an attempt to not be too serious in tone, wasn't aware the actual word (other word for poop) was not allowed! By bad... 😇

Finally, do you guys think I was unfairly blocked here? He had been swerving on the straights all race but I didn't mind it. But I feel his sudden move before the corner was blatant... Ended up with damage and cost me P3 from that move...

Last edited:
Finally, do you guys think I was unfairly blocked here? He had been swerving on the straights all race but I didn't mind it. But I feel his sudden move before the corner was blatant... Ended up with damage and cost me P3 from that move...

Yes.

At first I thought the move was fine as he went to the middle of the track to pseudo-defend, which is fine... but now that's his lane he picked. You went to the tight inside line and he moved again, and in the braking zone. Moving under braking is a big no-no. His fault IMO

Finally, do you guys think I was unfairly blocked here?
Yes.

At first I thought the move was fine as he went to the middle of the track to pseudo-defend, which is fine... but now that's his lane he picked. You went to the tight inside line and he moved again, and in the braking zone. Moving under braking is a big no-no. His fault IMO
I completely agree. Not cool.

Ran a few Gr.4 races and 1st one went fine, 2nd one I punted someone and was given a deserved 4 second penalty (which took me to DFL), and 3rd was ran into the wall by a gaggle a I was the one given 4.5 seconds for hitting the wall 3 times. Overall driving in all 3 races was terrible but the bright side is my EMEA account has no DR so there was no loss today.

Ok, quick question for the Deep Forest crowd. Before I irritate anyone (else), what is the collective opinion on going side-by-side through the first section (T1 through first tunnel)? Had someone argue post race that there was "no way" you could get through there two-by. I beg to differ, obviously, but that's just me...and now I'm here. Don't let me down, please show me the way.😁

So what say you, GTP? Is it:
  • Never Good
  • Perfectly Fine
  • Last Lap Only Shenanigans
And, yes, I know it's slower. I'm just curious is there's an etiquette based reason for me to NOT do that. I've only run three races so far, and am right where I though I'd be on the grid to start (P5-7). Was able to bring home two P3's and a P7 I had to fight tooth-n-nail for.🤣

Thanks in advance for the guidance!:cheers:

EDIT
This is NOT something I would do on a longer race. And maybe that's the issue with the mentality sprints create as there is no pacing yourself....that just paces you out of the race. IMHO, of course. 👍

Last edited:
Rando question:

How do people with a hyphen for dr/sr get in a dominate B with a few C’s race? I had 4 in one race the other day.
Were they showing as hyphens from the start? I think drivers who leave the race are shown with hyphens at the end of the race. If they were showing up as hyphens from the start, I have no clue.

Ok, quick question for the Deep Forest crowd. Before I irritate anyone (else), what is the collective opinion on going side-by-side through the first section (T1 through first tunnel)? Had someone argue post race that there was "no way" you could get through there two-by. I beg to differ, obviously, but that's just me...and now I'm here. Don't let me down, please show me the way.😁

• Never Good
  • Perfectly Fine
And, yes, I know it's slower. I'm just curious is there's an etiquette based reason for me to NOT do that. I've only run three races so far, and am right where I though I'd be on the grid to start (P5-7). Was able to bring home two P3's and a P7 I had to fight tooth-n-nail for.🤣

EDIT
This is NOT something I would do on a longer race. And maybe that's the issue with the mentality sprints create as there is no pacing yourself....that just paces you out of the race. IMHO, of course. 👍

If the 2 drivers have respect, 2 can make it. The inside of the right turn into the tunnel becomes the outside for the next left. So it's a race to the tunnel exit, won most of the time by who gets the traction/ power down best.

Of course, the loser of the 50 foot race must have the sense to yield because 2 cars won't make the exit most times. Someone will either go on the grass, hit a barrier or one of the above and end up hitting the other car.

It's definitely slower to compete for position in that part of the track, but can be done for sure. Seen it happen in front of me, done it myself as well.

Hope this helps 😁

Saw three very rare things in Race B this afternoon:-

1 A fellow GTPer (@newmedia_dev ), albeit he was at the front end of the grid, and I was at the back!

2 A race without a single Veyron in it

3 A clean race bonus! After lots of those mysterious races where my SR went down with no apparent contact or penalties, I was beginning to think a clean race bonus was impossible in Race B!

If the 2 drivers have respect, 2 can make it. The inside of the right turn into the tunnel becomes the outside for the next left. So it's a race to the tunnel exit, won most of the time by who gets the traction/ power down best.

Of course, the loser of the 50 foot race must have the sense to yield because 2 cars won't make the exit most times. Someone will either go on the grass, hit a barrier or one of the above and end up hitting the other car.

It's definitely slower to compete for position in that part of the track, but can be done for sure. Seen it happen in front of me, done it myself as well.

Hope this helps 😁
THANK YOU! I'd witnessed the same thing in the few that I ran (the "What? Johnny's doin' it!" mentality) but wasn't sure if they were just as misguided as I was.

The person that complained took a bigger bite than they should have outta the inside of T3, which unsettled them into the T4 complex. Horrible place for things to go wrong as there is almost no saving it once you're out of shape. It was a no-touch event until the exit of the hairpin into the tunnel where they pounded my FR into oblivion. I'm flat/bumper cam so the radar can only tell you so much in milliseconds. Kinda 'split-second-avoidance-challenged' over here.🤣

That said, and the important lesson I picked-up, was something they pointed out...we could've worked together to win. Undoes my "pacing yourself out of the race" comment from earlier. Luckily, I CAN still learn.👍

• Never Good
  • Perfectly Fine

EDIT
You can drive 2 cars side by side round the entire track.

As long as both drivers can actually drive that is.

Its not optimal for overall race time and probably let's guys behind catch up but it is fine if there is compliance and respect and most importantly awareness.

What the main issue is people overtaking off line and expecting racing line exits which they can't because a car has danced round the outside of them, conversely cars on the outside turn in for the racing line apex only to find a car there.

Awareness and understanding of general racing it's sensible to do in daily races.....not sure.

Funny enough I have a vid to share of 3 switcheroos at the DF hairpin in the same race to share.

I’ve hit a plateau I think

Might just be because it’s the end of the race week though

At my highest rank ever, just short of A+ and probably been the closest I’ve been to top quali time in Daily Race B, top 500

But even at that the lobbies I’m in have me starting near the back of the grid 😂 and even though my race pace is usually better than my quali pace I’m still dropping off the packs

Thought I’d be able to sneak A+ before GTWS race 1 but doesn’t look like it. I’m really on the limit every race now and still being dropped 😂

The Veyron seems to be the top times but I’ve noticed that WRX looks extremely nimble, any thoughts on swapping cars? The top speed is a killer though so I’ll be murdered the one place I can actually keep up in the races then lol

How is this rare 😝 I do race a lot ya know :)

Was nice to see a forumererer in the race though 👊

The lesser spotter Glen tit 🤣
I race a lot too, and it's rare because our ratings are usually way apart from one another - no doubt you've found it as difficult as me to keep ratings at a sensible level this week! 😆

I'm usually fixed at bottom end B and top end S....

I race a lot too, and it's rare because our ratings are usually way apart from one another - no doubt you've found it as difficult as me to keep ratings at a sensible level this week! 😆

I'm usually fixed at bottom end B and top end S....
I so so so hear you I started the week mid A/S with a top 1000 QT then and currently repairing from B/B - it will be A/A by the end of the day.

That said if the sky internet issues keep going who knows!

You can drive 2 cars side by side round the entire track.

As long as both drivers can actually drive that is.

Its not optimal for overall race time and probably let's guys behind catch up but it is fine if there is compliance and respect and most importantly awareness.

What the main issue is people overtaking off line and expecting racing line exits which they can't because a car has danced round the outside of them, conversely cars on the outside turn in for the racing line apex only to find a car there.

Awareness and understanding of general racing it's sensible to do in daily races.....not sure.

Funny enough I have a vid to share of 3 switcheroos at the DF hairpin in the same race to share.
Copycat! 🤣

Also, scroll to the top of this page sir, you might have missed something 🤪

Yes.

There is a streamer I watch that does this. Its very very very hard to watch sometimes.

If you pick a defensive position it's because you've calculated the angles and can drive to those angles....apparently this is difficult for the the weavers who also brake and go wide at the same time thus negating picking the position in the first place :/

I have a very very low tolerance of people who weave/block and take defensive lines but don't understand what they are doing.

If I take the racing line I can always brake more and just go under them, unless I've been run wide because they can't brake in a straight line and try to eek out a wide line.

Its really becoming a bug bear right now because it compromises everyone's races just for a single position.

If this was the world finals of the e whatever cup sure I could see it. It's a race we literally can do 9 mins later :/ grrrr Glen rant over.

Have a good night peep 🍻

Edit before I go:

Weaving down straights....just lol. It's pointless to break the "slip stream" sure it does but think of the tires, the extra miles and tire wear....when someone is already close to you just, not a thing you should do. This isn't F1.

Blocking....it's cute you keep the position but look like a moron doing it. "Damn dude I was racing you to the line"

Taking odd defensive positions:

What does that mean?

There are "typically 2 racing lines, and when I say racing I mean lines that you race on."

The first is the normal one we all know, it's the fast line the line that gives us the best exit.

The other is the slower competitive line you use to overtake, this line is used to block pass (and if not done well, going in to hot is the switcheroo) and that is a standard racing line "he parked it on the apex" what is not a standard line is parking it in the middle of the track expecting the speed, line and defence. Its poor race craft and just general poor understanding of driving a car fast.

Moving in the braking zone....what does this mean Glen?

It means in race conditions and the expectation of the race is that we are all going one direction as fast as we can that we don't move in or around the braking zone. If you do, you do it once and you take an attacking or defensive line. You don't move across the track to make your line better if you aren't in front.

See my previous comment.

All this said it's clear that casuals aren't bothered and GT Ridge Racer is how they play, but at the overall quality of the peeps on this forum this would be my minimum expectation.

I can wax lyrical about this stuff but stopping now for actual dinne 🤣

Last edited:
Wasn't really sure where to put this, but I finally got to be in a race with one of my favorite streamers, Digit. It was a lobby and not a daily but figured this would be a good place(?). Was kinda cool to get like 10 mins of airtime on the stream!

Anyway, it was a five lap race at N24 in dry-wet-dry. It was fun being able to hold him up for the most of the first lap. Both pit for IMs at the end of one and I lost a lot of time at that point, but once the rain came I was able to make it all back up. He pit for RS and I stayed out, which ended up being one too many laps on the IMs; he made up the whole pit delta on the following lap as there was a definitive dry line. I pit for RS at the end of lap four, yadda yadda yadda finished 40 seconds behind in P2.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240413132835.jpg

Starts here if anyone cares:

Last edited:
Back