GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
....But how satisfying is it when it happens?

I think @NAXEHT and I shared a couple of moments earlier in the week. Glad to see a familiar name in my lobbies!
Yeah, good to see you on track! Sadly somewhat of a rare sight to see GTP names around, from my perspective. But every now and then.

The Chaparral 2J at Monza No Chicane has been a really fun combination, enjoyed myself quite a bit. In fact I did 55 races (~2,100 kms). Somewhat frustrating at times given that the car and track is clearly above certain player’s capabilities. But with the right crowd it was fun. That car is incredible.

Two short clips below, one fun last lap and one cool (and clean) moment. ;)

I know we've done something like this before, but there's some new people here, and also I don't remember the results. So, how do I compare to you guys?

View attachment 1348806

My Current Main [EMEA - Wheel - DR Very low A+] - McLarens only for Gr.3/4 Dailies

20.5% Win Rate
60.0% Top 5 Rate

IMG-0032.jpg

Previous main [Asia - Controller - DR HighB/Low A] - Metas for Gr.3/4 Dailies

24.7% Win Rate
80.5% Top 5 Rate

IMG-0033.jpg

Last edited:
Well, well...

Finally, I tried two races C on my practice account (B/B) just to try and get used to actual racing again.

It was a .....show. Not unexpectedly.

I went with the G70, Digit's very nice tuning (I've missed to purchase the Alfa on that account), and started from pole in my first DR/SR affecting race since about 10 months ago. Decent start, fair battle with P2 for three laps, before he decided to rear-end me to pass in the final double turn before the main straight. Unnecessaryly, because he was slightly quicker than me and could have beat me with an under- or overcut in the pits. This is what it looked like shortly before the incident:

IMG_4416.jpeg

Needless to say, after crawling out of the dirt, I found myself in a tight battle for P 3/4/5, had some good and some bad maneuvers, but finally got shoved into the gravel again. P6 in the end, should have been a podium in a fair race.

Next one, full clown show. Starting from P2, I find myself in a complete destruction derby - everyone against everyone. After the dust settles a bit, I'm chasing P5 for two laps, who then brake checks me on the straight. I wasn't prepared and lost two positions and more than five seconds. In the final lap I caught up to him. He was battling with then P6, now trying to ram and shove everyone in his vicinity into the barriers (twice against yours truly), but picking up 6 seconds of penalties in the process. He even tried to ram me while he was serving the penalty 🤦‍♂️.
P6 in the end, could have been even worse.

Surprisingly my DR and SR went up in both races. Which is nice, but it will take me some time to get used to that stuff and be better prepared.

Last edited:
Yeah, good to see you on track! Sadly somewhat of a rare sight to see GTP names around, from my perspective. But every now and then.

The Chaparral 2J at Monza No Chicane has been a really fun combination, enjoyed myself quite a bit. In fact I did 55 races (~2,100 kms). Somewhat frustrating at times given that the car and track is clearly above certain player’s capabilities. But with the right crowd it was fun. That car is incredible.

Two short clips below, one fun last lap and one cool (and clean) moment. ;)

It's great fun, whatever happens. But I did find in my 5 or 6 races that when I was knocked off track by someone, my biggest issue was the prospect of finishing the race without any decent battles rather than the disappointment of lost place.

I actually laughed out loud at Ascari when a C/S driver threw me into the gravel, but then you know you're sentenced to go around the track alone, passing the occasional DNF prospector.

Last edited:
Have you applied for the S licence?

Genuinely you should mate.
You mean this?

1713738306938.png

Admittedly, I am just now going back and golding them all. I actually just got done doing the Super license and the Master IA license, so I could get the cars and sell them (as I already owned them). Got a bit over 2mil for the 926 and X2019.

The Porsche 917 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had bronzed it a long time ago but haven't touched it since. Don't get me wrong, it took a few laps to gold but as long as you keep it on the dry bits it wasn't bad.

9e78ffcee2cdaca99774a0314ca578e0_photo.webp

Just have a couple more to go gold; I don't think they'll be giving me too much of an issue as they're the easier ones.

1713738540627.png

Anyway, getting off topic.

ETA - Or did you mean DR of S? Don't be fooled by the 'maxed out' A+ bars as that is a glitch when viewing them on the site (only happens to A+). Rest assured, I am nowhere near maxed out A+ or an S rating (which you need to literally qualify and participate in a GTWS event to obtain an S, as I understand it). I'd guess my main account DR is about 65k.

THnaks for thinking I possibly could, though. :lol: :cheers:

Last edited:
Well that's me done racing til I come back from holidays... I probably won't miss next week's selection anyway.

I finally got down to a qualy time at Spa that had me starting 8th in the 650 - hurray!! No more lurching around the chicane at the start. Only one win (on US account) and mostly finished sixth to eleventh in the UK - but considering the speed of the competition, I was pretty pleased.

I was mighty impressed with your move in to the chicane, passing two at once I think? I was kinda sad to find you pointing the wrong way on the exit😞
Had to make the JP livery - love the black and gold look. I'll have to do a Gr4 version too. Currently working on a few more McLaren GT3 liveries at the moment.

I tried your setup and have an optimal of a 2:16.9** but can never get it all right - stuck on a 2:17.3ish I think. I'm low A and getting put in with up to eight A+ guys who are occasionally in the 2:15.9s in the race!! I'm delighted if I can finish 10th in those races 😆

Edit / improved to a 2:17.1** - and now starting even further back than before, 14th 🙄🤣 optimum lap is now a 2:16.8xx, but would only have had me 11th in the same race. I do wish they'd bunch the cars up to reduce the huge gap to the lead.
Sorry for my late reply, was just browsing the old posts.

Good thing is even if you finish 10th you still gain DR as they are pretty close to Top split. With tuning the lobbies are certainly getting much quicker towards the end of the week as people gaining access to the faster tunes on Metas...

That move at the bus stop was a bit of a raged sends as I just got pushed off track from 3rd earlier in that lap (in the 3rd race in a row). 3 wide into bus stop never works and I think the inside-most GTR spun both myself and the middle GTR getting out of the chicane.

Looking forward to your McLaren GT3 liveries! Congrats for the win and have fun in your holidays.

Last edited:
Here's my best lap and tune so far for the new Race C where I am currently fastest worldwide for a Viper.

I'm not really used to making the best of limited suspension settings like this but my general thinking is make the car more loose on corner entry so it can rotate quickly but have the car as stable as possible getting back on the throttle. It might help wheel users to have lower suspicion settings for the front of the car but I have it about as loose as I can drive consistently on controller.

Good morning,

I have entered Nations cup on Saturday - 2nd round. I have raced at least 5 times, from which I was 3 times at top 5, once even on P3. But in the total I have earned only 6 points - can somebody explain this to me please? I'm confused how points are calculated. There is no direct support from the game on PS5, so I don't know where to claim this issue.
Thanks

Good morning,

I have entered Nations cup on Saturday - 2nd round. I have raced at least 5 times, from which I was 3 times at top 5, once even on P3. But in the total I have earned only 6 points - can somebody explain this to me please? I'm confused how points are calculated. There is no direct support from the game on PS5, so I don't know where to claim this issue.
Thanks
Only the last race you did counts, every time you re enter, you erase your previous result.

SPA... Is it just me or .....

is the gap between QT and Race laps greater at SPA than anywhere else?

The Gist - During QT laps I can consistently hit my marks, braking and accelerating, I can consistently hit my turn in and out points. At roughly 90%. To the point where I'm very confident. I can run smooth laps.

But, start the race and that 90% drops to about 60%. (And I understand the rule of a full gas tank adding more weight to the car and maybe taking a bit to warm up the tires for better grip) But that number is consistent through the race, not just the first lap or so. And I'm talking about in clean air with distance between the cars in front and behind me, NOT in traffic and giving and taking.

At other tracks for me it's usually QT - 90% and Race - 75/80%. But at SPA its like 90/60.

Just curious if anyone else experiences this, or is it just me especially sucking at SPA?
100% confirmed. I love Spa and got a rather decent QT but lost the race two times in the first round without accident. The short race B made it worse as you can not regain a lot during 4 laps... The Nations Cup wasn't a problem (and good fun). So, you are not alone.

Only the last race you did counts, every time you re enter, you erase your previous result.
OK, make sense then. But as there was for example 11 points for P1 in the race table, then how can some racers achieve around 60 points in one round (one day)?

OK, make sense then. But as there was for example 11 points for P1 in the race table, then how can some racers achieve around 60 points in one round (one day)?
The higher the average driver level in the room, the higher the points available. The top lobby with all A+ 100k DR drivers gets over 400 points for a win.

Weekly Roundup: Last week was pretty good for me, all things considered. After good results on Friday, I skipped the dailies on Saturday to focus what little time I had on the the GTWS Round 2. Wish I hadn't bothered as I finished 15th! 😂 I do like the Honda though...
Managed 4 races at Spa yesterday, 1st, 15th (2 self inflicted spins :banghead:), another 1st, and a 2nd in my last race of the week, got me back up to DR B for the 2nd time!:D I don't think I'll be up there for long as I don't have the consistency to race at that level yet, but I'm steadily getting a little quicker, so progress is being made, despite limited time available to practice.
None of the Dailies appeal to me this week, so I think I'll focus on some career mode goals and spending some time in league practice lobbies.
Good luck this week everyone! 🤞

Before the reset, I like to jump into different cars just to see how they do. I was pleased how well this did.

I love the Citroen, drove it the first 5 or 6 Manufacture's Series in GTS. Once you learn how to drive MR it is a dream although always thought GT4 car was lacking in power (just like the Hyundai Genesis GT4).

Good morning,

Thanks
You were in DR D lobby (lower points handed out due to lower DR racers) and only the last race points values count. Luckily any DR gained from the races does count.

Last edited:
Getting back into this online racing now, think the f1 season coming back as helped. Hopefully be back in C class by the end of the week. Should be good racing at trial mountain. Two races this morning where quite good, got squeezed into the wall on the finish straight off someone who just come out of penalty ghost. But all good racing other than that.

I'm qualifying now using my Sciccoco car, I hope it's the right car for this short circuit. I rented one.

EDIT: Ran my first lap and clocked a 0'50.087. I was hoping to get a sub 0'48.000 time or around that vicinity.

Last edited:
I realize this is as of 6am on Monday on the west coast, but it's 9am on the east coast, so all things considered, I'm pretty chuffed*:

1713791080234.png

Obviously it won't stay there, but I also know I've left a lot of time out on the track, so we'll see how the week progresses.

I'm surprised how well Gr.3 on hards works. Doesn't feel slippery at all, at least not in the R.S.01 (BB -5). I'll be trying other cars, including the 911 because that's often the car of choice in races here.

* That was for you, @newmedia_dev, @AdxRE, @bone_tone, @MetalApe, @Fezzik, @Barney Da Dog, and anyone else from over the pond I might have left out. It's actually a pretty good word.

Race A is absolute mayhem. The slip is so strong and it takes a looong time to slow the car down from 300kmh.

But it might be the most enjoyable car/track combo I’ve ever used. It feels like I was made to drive that 911 around Le Mans. Currently 16th best Q in the world and I think I have at least another half second in the bank.

I haven’t been doing many dailies lately, but this one might keep me hooked all week.

Last edited:
Race A is absolute mayhem. The slip is so strong and it takes a looong time to slow the car down from 300kmh.

But it might be the most enjoyable car/track combo I’ve ever used. It feels like I was made to drive that 911 around Le Mans. Currently 16th best Q in the world and I think I have at least another half second in the bank.

I haven’t been doing many dailies lately, but this one might keep me hooked all week.
Mulsanne corner is a mess.

Back