GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,713 comments
I really don't like race A this week. Should have safety rating turned on at least. You spend half the race looking into the radar to try and spot which drivers are just trying to yeet you off into the corners, the walls on the straights, or into other cars because apparently that's fun for some people. 3 races at lunchtime, all the same, cba anymore. Shame as I love that car / track combo.

I really don't like race A this week. Should have safety rating turned on at least. You spend half the race looking into the radar to try and spot which drivers are just trying to yeet you off into the corners, the walls on the straights, or into other cars because apparently that's fun for some people. 3 races at lunchtime, all the same, cba anymore. Shame as I love that car / track combo.
Agree - it's a 200 mph Demolition Derby. Utterly pointless.

Race A is absolute mayhem. The slip is so strong and it takes a looong time to slow the car down from 300kmh.

But it might be the most enjoyable car/track combo I’ve ever used. It feels like I was made to drive that 911 around Le Mans. Currently 16th best Q in the world and I think I have at least another half second in the bank.

I haven’t been doing many dailies lately, but this one might keep me hooked all week.
I agree, I think it is both mayhem and a fun combo.

But.... I had just enough time to run a couple before I'm off to the airport. The first race caught me unprepared for the slip and speed and chaos. Disaster. Second race, better prepared, squeezed and shot thought the chaos at the corner and got the win!

Give it more than one run figure things out, there is nothing to lose; and it's fun. The 911 is a blast to drive and the night is also a nice change.

Haven’t given it a shot yet but yeah, SR should be on.

I was in a dilemma on which Daily I should focus to the point where I decided for today I did Race B and for tomorrow it'll be Race A.

I only did two races for today and here's how it went.

First session - Jeepers all I can say is that I'm glad I started pole on this race as this happened.

So that happened and as a result the whole grid got oofed while the BRZ managed to get a start early while I was still stuck in the 3 2 1 START sequence. Due to that I got passed early but I was able to get the lead back on the long straight. From there I was able to get my first Trial Mountain Gr.3 daily race win. Not gonna lie this is not how I envisioned my 250th win be like.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240422192448.jpg

Second session - It felt like I need to win this after that oof session so once again I got pole position and really nothing noteworthy happened as I was able to win this one without any hiccups.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240422192535.jpg

Had some good racing at this past week's daily C at Dragon Trail Gardens. This course is now a favorite of mine after initially disliking it. Was able to get my quali down to 1:38.5 - which was the optimal was I seeing I could achieve during the mid-week of racing. I think I had more room for improvement to have gotten it lower.

DR didn't really change at all - possibly a NET gain for the week. Still at about 50% DR B. Wish I had more time to have raced this weekend.
Saturday - got about 4 races in - on 2 of them, there was a contact happy car in both races and I made mistakes trying to pass them without them swiping me (and also thinking it was a good idea to go three wide through the double sausage curb area on one race); spinned out to last place each time but was able to fight back 4-5 positions.
Sunday - was able to race 2 times - got 2nd and 4th with some 'A' levels in the lobby.

Gonna try to Race C again this week. Lago Maggiore and all it's variations (30 or so?) is a course I've had never really spent a lot time with.

Is it me or the SR rating is working way more "aggresive" than before"?
Last week on spa I had a race were I got involved in a "pinball incident" at La source at first lap.
The car on pole brake too early and all the cars behind punted each other in chain.
I was on 5th place, the car on 6th place also rammed me very hard resulting on me punting again the car ahead but this time sendig him to the moon and a 4 secs penalty was given to me.

That "only" incident on the race cost me at least 1/3 of the SR bar.
In oher races I had negative SR also, when the only contacts I remember were just bump drafts at kemmel.

Does this time of "manouvre" affecting SR?

Last edited:
Is it me or the SR rating is working way more "aggresive" than before"?
Last week on spa I had a race were I got involved in a "pinball incident" at La source at first lap.
The car on pole brake too early and all the cars behind punted each other in chain.
I was on 5th place, the car on 6th place also rammed me very hard resulting on me punting again the car ahead but this time sendig him to the moon and a 4 secs penalty was given to me.

That "only" incident on the race cost me at least 1/3 of the SR bar.
In oher races I had negative SR also, when the only contacts I remember were just bump drafts at kemmel.

Does this time of "manouvre" affecting SR?
I had similar SR loss with two incidents - one where I braked late and made enough contact to cause bumper damage, then another where I clipped a car that was already out of control and going off (got a 4 second penalty there too🙄)

After those two events, my full SR was sitting at roughly 30/40 %

That sounds just what we need, was it Grid that had a proper Destruction derby mode in it? Whatever it was it was great fun.
I proper demolition derby would be hugely entertaining. Have a hard damage model, rally-cross track, and last car running wins!

Should call it the the Jalopy Challenge and you have to enter with a car below 300pp. :D

PD finally used some common sense with Daily Race B this week. The kerb/wall penalties from the past races have been toned down. You can now brush the kerb and not get the instant penalties of the past. Thank you, PD!

I mentioned yesterday that I didn't want to start this week at DR A, and it turns out it didn't matter:

1713804583923.png

No worries, though. Started P5, finished P5, but the race itself was wild and wooly. Not unexpected for a Monday race, where people are still getting their feet wet (including myself).

I was worried to use the R.S.01 there, because unless my memory is really bad, the last time I used it there the R.S.01 couldn't accelerate fast enough at the start. But no problems this time.

Early shift at work so got a couple of races in earlier than usual this week.

Race A - Hilarious, but I'm not sure the joke will be funny for long. Last week in the fridge was fun but this is a different beast with no S/R and in the race I did only 3 people put a QT in. Presumably this is to get the slipstream on the straight, but you have to get there first. People getting smashy and getting penalties in sector 1 doesnt bode well. Also judging by last week, the driving standards dont generally improve as the days go by, so if I do witness people getting through the mulsanne corner unscathed, I will likely bin it it due to shock.

Race C - I don't care for Gr.4 but the Alfa is one of the more nicer drivinÄť experiences in that category. However I was in P9 and the field spread after 5 laps. The resulting 15 laps were essentially a practice session as there was no one around. The mandatory pointless pit stop didnt mix it up either. I nearly fell asleep. I will give it another go as hopefully this was an anamoly.

Last edited:
I proper demolition derby would be hugely entertaining. Have a hard damage model, rally-cross track, and last car running wins!

Should call it the the Jalopy Challenge and you have to enter with a car below 300pp. :D
A long long time ago I wrote an Oval Racing game for Mobile phones, inspired by British Banger racing, which is most definitely a contact sport.

I don't either, plus I'm having to use all assists because of it being dark. I may have to use the brake indicator to give me an idea of when to brake. I'm glad we are not dealing with the two big chicanes but still it's a task to get a low solid lap time with what is provided and the weather setting.

And I will be renting all cars this week, no buying any from scratch!

@GrumpyOldMan is PD Trial Mountain happy here? I've seen this track 4-5 times in a 7-9 month period.

Last edited:
Got a couple of As under my belt. That ones bonkers, Mulsanne corner I just can't get round yet and the track limits are rubbish. Get a penalty even if you've lost time in your excursion. Will try that again later but time to try C.

At least the track penalties are less severe than normal.
Wall penalties but the cut ones are way tighter for 1 & 2 unless you lift!

That said reversing in to a barrier to correct your spin/accident should never be a penalty EVER especially if they want people to stay.

The turn four and turn 8 in to the tunnel was alway generous to be fair as long as it's not the front if the car that hits it. It does mean you are losing a bucket load of time down the straight through.

Edit:

Gonna get tomatoes thrown here.

But why are you hitting walls? You can go fast not hitting them. Glen top tip

Last edited:
Edit:

Gonna get tomatoes thrown here.

But why are you hitting walls? You can go fast not hitting them. Glen top tip
Sometimes some people tends to believe that throwing YOUR car against a wall makes THEM faster.... and when that happens (last chicane or tunnel entrance) and YOU get the penalty ... well, you get the point

I need to add some more people to my friends list. I like to have a huge cluttered board so we can compare our times. I keep going into the sand at that sharp right turn after the long straightway at Le Mans. I'll post a video showing you what I mean later tonight. The Porsche '01 car is fun to drive and it is mostly stable on the road.

What a mistake Daily A is. Looked a fun little race, but after seeing some races tonight it’s just descended into an absolute mess! People cutting corners to stay in slip stream, people punting cars on purpose as they know it’s quicker then braking and that slipstream effect is awful.

Le Mans no chicane just doesn’t work as a track in my opinion on this game. Unless PD fix the bump drafting physics that race will always be awful. Same reason why I didn’t like the Gr4 race last year with the dynamic weather. People bumpdrafting which then caused people to fight on track for slipstream position. Just stupid!

Daily C looks boring!

Daily B the only race I’ll probably enter. Love Trail Mountain and especially in Gr3 cars. Last time the Porsche was my choice of car and hope that still the case

Here are two of my Daily C races I ran at about lunchtime, check out the action. I finished 3rd in Race #1.

Here is the second one, I finished in 8th and did a little worse here.

20 laps isn't bad including the short pit stop, at least it's a short track this week.

Last edited:
Back