GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,433 comments
Okay. Winning is winning, DR affected or not.
That's your response? Very well, man. :lol:

Have a look at this.
18190929a021-screenshotUrl.png

Man oh man he's working hard for those wins! :rolleyes: The funniest part was in the following race where I had a slight issue with a different driver and Mr. 8:17 had the audacity to comment the following:

1819092b4e597-screenshotUrl.png

but I don’t think people should model their driving on dear old JP.
Now that is true. He has used some dirty tactics over the years!
I don’t drive like JP or use dirty tactic (as far as I know)
100% his fault. Not even up for debate. Look at him forcing someone else off and trying to tap someone in the rear just before your incident. Just a raging idiot who can't take being passed.

From his perspective (without a proper view), you were forcing him wide on the corner, but he left an opening anyway and you were within your rights to go up the inside. It's not like you forced him off track.
Thanks, all valid points and will use this to improve my standards. I understand what your saying in pushing him wide, but I didn’t think I was, I still left plenty of space on the outside of the corner. Still have the replay saved so I will check it out later and ride onboard with them and check there inputs. 👍🏻

Thanks, all valid points and will use this to improve my standards. I understand what your saying in pushing him wide, but I didn’t think I was, I still left plenty of space on the outside of the corner. Still have the replay saved so I will check it out later and ride onboard with them and check there inputs. 👍🏻
No, I'm not criticising at all. I'm just trying to adopt the other drivers perspective to understand what was going through their heads. I'm sure if he watched the replay he would realise he was totally wrong. Good idea to check his replay though, might give you another perspective.

Can anyone say whether they have changed the PP calcs? Had a few Atenza clowns in my Race earlier, but none finished near the front. Am assuming they have had to drop their BHP following patch (or they are just crap).

Last edited:
No, I'm not criticising at all. I'm just trying to adopt the other drivers perspective to understand what was going through their heads. I'm sure if he watched the replay he would realise he was totally wrong. Good idea to check his replay though, might give you another perspective.

Can anyone say whether they have changed the PP calcs? Had a few Atenza clowns in my Race earlier, but none finished near the front. Am assuming they have had to drop their BHP following patch (or they are just crap).
I know your not criticising, but it’s good getting feedback from all angles. That’s why I posted it as other see something that you missed and it make us all better drivers. And like you say I’ll ride onboard there car and see it from there angle. Was in a rush saving the clip so I could join the next race.

As for the change in PP, I think they have made some small changes. I saw that Kie‘s YouTube video and he was saying some cars have been altered by 0.5%. Think tyre handling has been altered a little bit too as I was getting a bit more oversteer.

If anyone else is fed up of the daily racing carnage give me or @PirovacBoy a shout. Lobbies seem viable now and time for some chilled clean racing! (European times)
I’m up for some racing. Let me roughly what sort times you are looking to start lobbies etc…
My PSN to add is SRRacing87 and that goes for anyone else

Would like some fed back on this…..
So this idiot just took me off track. I question them in chat and was told it was my fault as I was bashing him in the corners. This was the first time I was close to the driver.

@Mercia Hyundai at Spa is a beast. Just done another race now. Started P7 and won the race. You can run on mix 2 all race and then mix 1 for some of lap 5.
View attachment 1164185

Automatic or manual short-shifting? I’m running a Beetle and this race is killing me with fuel saving.

Last edited:
I seem to have lost my pole positions, which is interesting.
same here, i had 6 pole positions, now there are 2 (set in 5 different events) .
And i got two more top five positions then i actually had. I know for sure that i did not have 9 top five finishes, as i quite 1 race and was disconnected during another of my total of 9 races.
Weird....
Hope somebody knows why this is?

1655991484363.png

Automatic or manual short-shifting? I’m running in Beetle and this race is killing me with fuel saving.
Manual shifting. When the bar starts flashing blue I change up. And when I get to about 155mph I’ll shift up to 6th. Majority of the corners you take in 3rd gear and a bit of lift and coast works too.
I’ll try and upload a lap today. Im at a 2.21 so I’m not sure if that to slow or quick for you?

Would like some fed back on this…..
So this idiot just took me off track. I question them in chat and was told it was my fault as I was bashing him in the corners. This was the first time I was close to the driver.

@Mercia Hyundai at Spa is a beast. Just done another race now. Started P7 and won the race. You can run on mix 2 all race and then mix 1 for some of lap 5.
View attachment 1164185

Don't worry, you drove neatly and fairly... if he had had enough care/oversight, he would have known that you were on the inside next to him, but either he didn't know... which is well... or he knew and wanted to massively block you there.. You didn't push him out unnecessarily, which you could easily have done... But he still had to push you out extremely hard. The guy is an unsportsmanlike idiot... unfortunately there are many of them... and with an intact penalty system he would have easily gotten 5 seconds for it... which doesn't do you any good... but a penalty in the race definitely affects the SR.

Attachments

• 20220623_160551.jpg
    20220623_160551.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
If anyone else is fed up of the daily racing carnage give me or @PirovacBoy a shout. Lobbies seem viable now and time for some chilled clean racing! (European times)
I'm hoping for the lobbies, too. Despite the fact that these weeks races have had less carnage than the last two weeks. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Even the Races A have been much cleaner than expected, apart from occasional divebombing and retaliation acts. People even seem to understand a bit better now that it's a friendly act to let someone retake his position, when you (accidentaly of course) had pushed to pass him in a corner. I always do that after my wrongdoing. Maybe because I like to overtake the same driver twice. 😇

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

The latest set of Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races has arrived to cover the next seven days, and there’s something of a shakeup to the procedures this week...
Really love Spa and have enjoyed some great runs in this week's race. I'm not normally as competitive in Gr.3 cars but Spa is a good place to me. It's a shame that the rolling start is so screwed up, though. While I've benefitted from it in a lot of cases, being stuck starting mid-chicane or behind it while everyone else pulls away is not cool. And the disconnects have been awful. Lost two cars after the rolling start in my last race, between the top three and 7th starting position, so there was absolutely no hope for keeping the draft in a 5 lap race, by the time you rounded La Source, it was over.

But the longer daily races are a welcome change in GT7 vs GTS. 5 laps is much better than 4!

same here, i had 6 pole positions, now there are 2 (set in 5 different events) .
And i got two more top five positions then i actually had. I know for sure that i did not have 9 top five finishes, as i quite 1 race and was disconnected during another of my total of 9 races.
Weird....
Hope somebody knows why this is?

View attachment 1164215
My stats didn't change after the update. It might be because I started sport mode last week with the suzuka event. Maybe earlier stats were lost or recalculated?

1655999899589.png

Manual shifting. When the bar starts flashing blue I change up. And when I get to about 155mph I’ll shift up to 6th. Majority of the corners you take in 3rd gear and a bit of lift and coast works too.
I’ll try and upload a lap today. Im at a 2.21 so I’m not sure if that to slow or quick for you?
I'm at 19.8 but it's definitely not manual vs automatic shifting because I was in a race where everyone was auto and they destroyed me on fuel saving (certainly not skill because I was driving perfectly, I love the track and car). I haven't raced a single online race since then because it totally killed my spirit. No one was in a Beetle though so it must have something with that. I really don't know what's going on.

Last edited:
I'm at 19.8 but it's definitely not manual vs automatic shifting because I was in a race where everyone was auto and they destroyed me on fuel saving (certainly not skill because I was driving perfectly, I love the track and car). I haven't raced a single online race since then because it totally killed my spirit. No one was in a Beetle though so it must have something with that. I really don't know what's going on.
Have you been watching race replays? I’ve thought exactly the same as you that people were running AT. I think this a bug in the game. I’ve seen 4/5 videos from the last week or two and they all seem to be AT.
Ill be honest I cant drive the bettle so I stay away from it. Seems to be a mix of AMGs, WRX, Supra and 911s at the minute for race b.

Absolutely buzzing for a race on Watkins Glen in sport mode next week. Adore this track so much, put so many laps into it on iRacing etc. (done a few 6 hours of Watkins Glen) so was ecstatic to see it come to GT finally.

Lobby races on it have been great (they do seem a bit more stable than before, which is very welcome) so Sport races will be a blast.

I've never driven there before... but it's really fun, did the CE there, was interesting and exciting to drive. The track reminded me a bit of RBR but nicer to drive overall.

Have you been watching race replays? I’ve thought exactly the same as you that people were running AT. I think this a bug in the game. I’ve seen 4/5 videos from the last week or two and they all seem to be AT.
Ill be honest I cant drive the bettle so I stay away from it. Seems to be a mix of AMGs, WRX, Supra and 911s at the minute for race b.
True. Can confirm that bug is still here in GT7. The replay only shows correct transmission for yourself. It’ll say automatic on everyone else even though they’re on manual, @Sarajevo89.

I have a 19.3 qualy time with the supra but recommend the Aston V12 for the race. Amazing in corners and at speed, top speed is about 6mph less than supra but it's also very fuel efficient. With the supra I have to play with maps 3/4/5 but with Aston it's just 3 and 4 and use map 2 after turn 1 all the way after au rouge

I have a 19.3 qualy time with the supra but recommend the Aston V12 for the race. Amazing in corners and at speed, top speed is about 6mph less than supra but it's also very fuel efficient. With the supra I have to play with maps 3/4/5 but with Aston it's just 3 and 4 and use map 2 after turn 1 all the way after au rouge

With the Ford GT LM Race Car SPEC II

Fuel from 2-4 most Time i run with 3 and works OK.

That Car can be much faster then my Q Time.

Attachments

• 18191b09e2521-403c513ed21ff1040c4238d8c20147c7a9cc3096-131_message_423935941083301_1655999769856.jpg
    18191b09e2521-403c513ed21ff1040c4238d8c20147c7a9cc3096-131_message_423935941083301_1655999769856.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 9
With the Ford GT LM Race Car SPEC II

Fuel from 2-4 most Time i run with 3 and works OK.

That Car can be much faster then my Q Time.
Are you on a controller or wheel? I cannot break .20 in any car with a controller. I probably just suck.

Interesting…? Ive tried the Aston Martin and I was struggling for fuel and pace. I might give it another go, but for me the Hyundai is my go to car for this track. Managed to set my fastest lap in it too, high 19‘s.
Not used the supra

Gave the Hyundai a go, it does work pretty well but gets gobbled up in the straights (as expected though, most cars do).

The Suzuki is pretty fast down the straight but it's such a weird car to drive through the corners, I haven't seen anyone drive it and place at least the same as they started, everyone just falls down the order with it.

Spec 2 GT drove pretty well, though was a bit thirsty so there was more fuel management than with the other cars I use (jag, merc, hyundai), but I pulled off a 2nd in it so it's inherent pace is pretty strong. Tried the 2018 Ford GT as well but struggled a lot more with that, though it's certainly better than before the BoP changes. Think the merc is still my favourite so far, with the hyundai and jag tied for a close second.

I've a 2:17.5 with the Mustang as a quali time (controller, as someone asked earlier), the times been serving me well but have yet to try that car in the race.

Last edited:
I've a 2:17.5 with the Mustang as a quali time (controller, as someone asked earlier)

Holy cr@p!

I can't get below 2:20 with any car. Not even the Supra. Actually, I'm one second slower with the Supra than with the 911 tank, which I used mostly in the races. Something must be very wrong with my driving style in Spa. I really like the track, but I'm so far off the pace compared to other tracks (quali time barely in the 10000s, while on most tracks I manage to be in the 3000s or even 2000s.

Here's hoping for next weeks Race B...

Last edited:
Holy cr@p!

I can't get below 2:20 with any car. Not even the Supra. Actually, I'm one second slower with the Supra than with the 911 tank, which I used mostly in the races. Something must be very wrong with my driving style in Spa. I really like the track, but I'm so far off the pace compared to other tracks (quali time barely in the 10000s, while on most tracks I manage to be in the 3000s or even 2000s.

Here's hoping for next weeks Race B...
Supra is really driving style dependant I found.

I couldn't drop below a 18.5 in it but I switched to the WRX and knocked off half a second, and then another half second when I switched to the Mustang. Might be worth a gander.

Back