GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,430 comments
Holy cr@p!

I can't get below 2:20 with any car. Not even the Supra. Actually, I'm one second slower with the Supra than with the 911 tank, which I used mostly in the races. Something must be very wrong with my driving style in Spa. I really like the track, but I'm so far off the pace compared to other tracks (quali time barely in the 10000s, while on most tracks I manage to be in the 3000s or even 2000s.

Here's hoping for next weeks Race B...
Supra is all about throttle control and patience round corners. Brake and drop down gears as needed then coast until the apex corner is in sight and floor it. Any throttle before and it will slide and lose you precious tenths from your time.

It might look slow when you're going around, waiting and seems ages but trust me, it's way faster than gas, lift, gas, touch brake and gas!

Holy cr@p!

I can't get below 2:20 with any car. Not even the Supra. Actually, I'm one second slower with the Supra than with the 911 tank, which I used mostly in the races. Something must be very wrong with my driving style in Spa. I really like the track, but I'm so far off the pace compared to other tracks (quali time barely in the 10000s, while on most tracks I manage to be in the 3000s or even 2000s.

Here's hoping for next weeks Race B...

Stupid question... do you mean the old Toms Supra or the new one? The old one is.. well interesting to drive, unfortunately it suffers from patch 1.13 before that it was better. The new one has been extremely fast since 1.13 and has impressive grip. However, you cannot/should not want to drive the Supra like the RSR, they are fundamentally different.
Try the white Ford GT LM SpecII RaceCar. It gives me a lot of pleasure.. and well, in my opinion, it's fiery faster than the RSR...

Imagine tryharding a no DR/SR race like this to get "wins":
1819258c45672-screenshotUrl.png

:lol::lol::lol:

Man the Ferrari 458 is actually pretty good in race B? Fuel economy is great, no fuel saving needed, and it takes the straights about as well as anything else I've tried. Really surprised me actually. Pulled off a couple podiums in it the last couple races.

How I can compete with Ferrari 430 on Dayli Race A? Its 550 pp.
Go buy the power restrictor and ballast ( and maybe the fully customizable suspension I’m not sure I haven’t tried the car yet) and reduce the power and add weight (ballast). You can also buy the racing computer and turn the power down that way. 🍻

Supra is really driving style dependant I found.

I couldn't drop below a 18.5 in it but I switched to the WRX and knocked off half a second, and then another half second when I switched to the Mustang. Might be worth a gander.
I tried the Mustang and improved my laptime by half a second immediately. Seemed to fit my driving style, really a fun car to drive. But then I felt like I was stuck again. Certain sectors, no matter how hard I tried, just couldn't go faster than my ghost. Like getting held back by an invisible force.

Then I realised what it was: traction control, of course. So far I've always used it (on 1), because I didn't trust my trigger finger to be sensitive enough. I switched it off, and immediately found that through some sectors I could push the car much faster. Of course I spun a lot, couldn't finish a single clean lap for half an hour, but then it went better and I shaved off another half second, with quite some potential to improve once I get the hang of it. 2:19:5 now, a high 2:18 might be possible. Well, another task: from now on, hopefully, without TC.

Except for the Escudo. :)

Last edited:
PD can we have penalties back please?? I growing a disdain for quite a few Brazilian drivers because of the dirtiness & cheap tricks to run you off track or try to, especially trying to use your car as a brake when they divebomb in corners...went from 3rd to 9th & 10th last 2 spa races, almost everytime over past 2 weeks i have been demolished, its been by them during this time usually.. Why? And last race he had 5 people going off on him in chat and he said WE were the dirty drivers... So im asking nicely PD, can we please get them penalties back like yesterday..

Stupid question... do you mean the old Toms Supra or the new one?
The new one. Which dominates the leaderboards. No idea how to drive it, and I don't like it either.

The RSR is one of my favourites because of the nice Jägermeister livery I found for it... :) But yeah, it's slow.

Fun little 08 focus for daily A. Wont set top leaderboard times but can compete with most cars. Wide bodied forsure, pretty sure wide wheels too.

Attachments

• 0EF53440-1351-462C-BE55-2A3AF6C7B001.jpg
    0EF53440-1351-462C-BE55-2A3AF6C7B001.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 8
  • BFCCBB33-EBAF-4F2D-88DD-7605BF3F26CF.jpg
    BFCCBB33-EBAF-4F2D-88DD-7605BF3F26CF.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 8
  • EB8162BE-068B-461D-836E-745DBF63466A.jpg
    EB8162BE-068B-461D-836E-745DBF63466A.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I finally had time to do some Race C today and either I am the outlier or the members of GTP are because it was great racing again.

My first race had a dirtbag but that's it. The next few races had some aggressive drivers that led to a few incidents but I don't mind that at all. I shot myself in the foot a few times due to not knowing what to do with tire strategy but my final race ended up with a P2 so I ended up figuring it out.

Great combo and let's hope it continues into next week.

I finally had time to do some Race C today and either I am the outlier or the members of GTP are because it was great racing again.

My first race had a dirtbag but that's it. The next few races had some aggressive drivers that led to a few incidents but I don't mind that at all. I shot myself in the foot a few times due to not knowing what to do with tire strategy but my final race ended up with a P2 so I ended up figuring it out.

Great combo and let's hope it continues into next week.
I’ve had nothing but good racing in C this week. Having something that encourages different strategies in a range of cars makes a huge difference. People are much less likely to fight tooth and nail from T1 if they know that the race will have different phases and lots of cars with different strengths.

Just like in GTS, it’s the no strat sprint races which bring carnage (and always Monza of course).

I’ve had nothing but good racing in C this week. Having something that encourages different strategies in a range of cars makes a huge difference. People are much less likely to fight tooth and nail from T1 if they know that the race will have different phases and lots of cars with different strengths.

Just like in GTS, it’s the no strat sprint races which bring carnage (and always Monza of course).
You are right; that makes sense. But RBR two weeks ago (the last time I raced - 13 times) was equally clean.

It also helps that half my races today were filled with A+ Europeans but still.

One thing I really appreciate is the lack of penalties in these kinds of races. There was a lot of bumping going on but it was self policed. I just wish everyone at every level could race like this so the incidental minor contact wouldn't warrant penalties.

Have you been watching race replays? I’ve thought exactly the same as you that people were running AT. I think this a bug in the game. I’ve seen 4/5 videos from the last week or two and they all seem to be AT.
Ill be honest I cant drive the bettle so I stay away from it. Seems to be a mix of AMGs, WRX, Supra and 911s at the minute for race b.
Yea, that is a glitch. Replays show everyone but you as AT whether they are or not.

Race C was fun all day again. I had great battles in multiple races with this one driver, but then this... and even after this had some fun clean battles with him for 4-5 more races. I'm assuming he wasn't using radar and didn't know I was on his outside? Seems odd, he's an A driver, nearly A+. He had chances to take me out in that race and many other races so have to chalk this one up to a mistake... that cost him the win as I was going to back off and give him the corner.

Last edited:
Race C was fun all day again. I had great battles in multiple races with this one driver, but then this... and even after this had some fun clean battles with him for 4-5 more races. I'm assuming he wasn't using radar and didn't know I was on his outside? Seems odd, he's an A driver, nearly A+. He had chances to take me out in that race and many other races so have to chalk this one up to a mistake... that cost him the win as I was going to back off and give him the corner.

Strange because why would he take the inside if he wasn't aware of you? So perhaps he misjudged your location but then it looks like he kept pushing you.

Race A Atenza vs Celica lap and tune.

That's OK...I wish you and everyone who "copies" it a lot of fun with it.

For my part, I find such "tuning settings" just horrible and I would/will definitely not drive with them... either correctly, with a "clean" reasonable setup and therefore slower or not at all. I just don't like this abuse of cars with suspension settings that iRL would definitely not allow to keep these cars on the track like that.
For me, that's just "bug using" which I wouldn't do because it takes the fun out of it.

That's OK...I wish you and everyone who "copies" it a lot of fun with it.

For my part, I find such "tuning settings" just horrible and I would/will definitely not drive with them... either correctly, with a "clean" reasonable setup and therefore slower or not at all. I just don't like this abuse of cars with suspension settings that iRL would definitely not allow to keep these cars on the track like that.
For me, that's just "bug using" which I wouldn't do because it takes the fun out of it.
I don't race any of the OP cars, I just like tuning and testing to get everything I can out of the car. Tuning hasn't changed much from even GT5 really with the meta bring high front end, low rear end and manipulating the power curve so at this point I just look at it as don't hate the players, hate the game. Y'all can take it so you may if I hate the game.

I don't race any of the OP cars, I just like tuning and testing to get everything I can out of the car. Tuning hasn't changed much from even GT5 really with the meta bring high front end, low rear end and manipulating the power curve so at this point I just look at it as don't hate the players, hate the game. Y'all can take it so you may if I hate the game.
I purposely did NOT mention the WORD hate because it's a hard word AND doesn't reflect what I think about it. Like I said... anyone who wants to drive a car like this in the game should do so. I don't want to and I don't do it, even at the risk of being slower.. for this reason I don't do any A races, because although it's about "nothing"... I just don't feel like just being in the middle field to drive when others are simply pulling away with an absolutely unstable vehicle. I much prefer the at least halfway functioning BoP. And no, it's not enough for me to be in midfield under these conditions.

So again very friendly WITHOUT!!! HATE or MALICIOUS THOUGHTS. I wish you and others who want to do it like this a lot of fun, seriously, it's just not for me.

The Plymouth Superbird has a setup bug as well. Its stock PP (on CS tyres) is 471,1.

FWApZetXkAIaYml

Using the power restrictor you have to reduce its power from 425 to 314 BHP in order to get it down to 450 PP:

FWApqoCXoAAg7TW

However if you install a racing gearbox the PP go down to 403,3 which means that you don't have to reduce its power at all. As a result it has 111 more BHP than it should and is absolutely flying on the straights.

FWAqkI3XEAAI9EI

Installing anything that increases power (or reduces weight) will correct the PP though, so you can't abuse this to the moon and back like with the Mazda. The Superbird also lacks the Mazda's four wheel drive, so traction becomes an issue.

Last edited:
The Plymouth Superbird has a setup bug as well. Its stock PP (on CS tyres) is 471,1.

FWApZetXkAIaYml

Using the power restrictor you have to reduce its power from 425 to 314 BHP in order to get it down to 450 PP:

FWApqoCXoAAg7TW

However if you install a racing gearbox the PP go down to 403,3 which means that you don't have to reduce its power at all. As a result it has 111 more BHP than it should and is absolutely flying on the straights.

FWAqkI3XEAAI9EI

Installing anything that increases power will correct the PP though, so you can't abuse this to the moon and back like with the Mazda. The Superbird also lacks the Mazda's four wheel drive, so traction becomes an issue.

I would NOT say it's a bug. As far as I know, the standard Plymoth has 3 or a maximum of 4 gears right?
If you now use the fully adjustable gearbox, a lot changes in the translation and that must/should be taken into account first. So it's normal behavior in my opinion.

And the TopSpeed doesn't count that much if you can't get this case around the corners. How is he driving? What times have you already reached with it? Just because it's COOL, it's worth using if you want to ride there.

I would NOT say it's a bug.
It seems you missed the part where I said that the PP gets corrected if you install anything that increases power. Add a Sports Air Cleaner and the PP jumps from 403,7 all the way up to 491,99. That absolutely is a bug. You are not making a sacrifice by installing a racing gearbox. It is orders of magnitude better than the standard one.

I just did a quick lap with and without the bug. Didn't need any practice laps as I entered the race multiple times with this car already.

Laptime without the bug: 1:46.953
Laptime with the bug: 1:44.768

That's a difference of over two seconds on the very first lap. Go ahead and try it out yourself. You get less PP for installing a better gearbox AND 111 BHP of extra power. That's not how the PP system is supposed to work.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's q glitch with another Mopar I've been fine tuning as well that is even crazier than the Superbird. I should have it ready within 24 hours.

Yeah, there's q glitch with another Mopar I've been fine tuning as well that is even crazier than the Superbird. I should have it ready within 24 hours.
Good that someone is putting the time into finding glitches I suppose!

The Superbird thing - sounds like a flaw, but certainly not as bad as the suspension abuse posse. It's problematic. Where do we draw the line? At what point do we realise that something is a glitch and not the intended result.

Back