GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,103 comments
Exactly! I like them having tuning opened sport options, but I really like the prescriptive fair play of single make non-tuning races. I like sport mode to be more about the driving than the tuning. Plus I don't want to have to spend a crap ton of credits tuning each races cars to a decent level.

Last edited:
I like the fact that you can see easily how the tuning affects the PP. At the end of the day it will give everyone the choice of prioritizing different aspects of the car (e.g. great cornering vs top speed, or better brake performance vs better acceleration, etc). Basically we can do whatever we want to the car as long as the PP and weight limit is respected. This should ideally improve the situation about some races becoming merely spec races and everyone using the same car.
This doesnt apply to a casual gamer though. I really don't get it. If I want to race competitively I now need to Google for a setup before jumping in or I will be last every single time. Online racing should be about practice, talent, racecraft. Not whoever tunes best wins.

I think it's kind of funny that when they removed setup options in GT Sport, everyone complained about it, but now that they brought back setups everyone is complaining about it again.

There's pros and cons to each and I'm not going to pretend like I know which option is best, but I think open setups are more interesting with the more casual orientation of the game. With or without setups the top split guys are all going to be going for the same car and tune anyways, so it's good to let people in the lower rungs who don't care about it as much play around and experiment a little.

Last edited:
Upgrading and tuning cars is what GT has always been all about, or was before Sport. That was a one off in that regard, but now we've returned to the "old" formula I'm not sure why people are surprised online mode is following that traditional ethos.

Surely if fixed car, fixed regulation racing is what you're after there are better games for that? GT is about run what you bring, everyone has different cars, and has some fun. The serious, professional approach of GTS online is surely what turned a lot of people off.

Last edited:
Upgrading and tuning cars is what GT has always been all about, or was before Sport. That was a one off in that regard, but now we've returned to the "old" formula I'm not sure why people are surprised online mode is following that traditional ethos.

Surely if fixed car, fixed regulation racing is what you're after there are better games for that?
Which games? I just own a ps5. ACC is even worse. I confess I only played gts before this, but I really liked the BoP solution. Just jump in and race. I don't have time to prepare and test setups every time it changes. Seeing the many likes on my comment about this in the daily thread proves I'm not the only one.

Which games? I just own a ps5. ACC is even worse. I confess I only played gts before this, but I really liked the BoP solution. Just jump in and race. I don't have time to prepare and test setups every time it changes. Seeing the many likes on my comment about this in the daily thread proves I'm not the only one.
You don't have to though, just bring your best car that fits the regulations and have fun. If someone else in the race has spent 8 hours fettling their car and beats you, it's not the end of the world is it? Eventually I'm sure you'll have a solid range of cars suitable for the different parameters the game gives. A 500PP hot hatch, a 750PP Hypercar, a 400PP RWD Japanese car etc etc.

I get that you want a level playing field but as I say, the past GT games have never really been about that. The game wants you to upgrade your cars in hundreds of different configurations with all the parts available, which GTS didn't have. Trying to apply BOP would be impossible, so they're relying on PP.

I'm sure at some point there will be fixed events for race cars that can't be modified though, or stock road cars.

Last edited:
You don't have to though, just bring your best car that fits the regulations and have fun. If someone else in the race has spent 8 hours fettling their car and beats you, it's not the end of the world is it? Eventually I'm sure you'll have a solid range of cars suitable for the different parameters the game gives. A 500PP hot hatch, a 750PP Hypercar, a 400PP RWD Japanese car etc etc.

I get that you want a level playing field but as I say, the past GT games have never really been about that. The game wants you to upgrade your cars in hundreds of different configurations with all the parts available, which GTS didn't have. Trying to apply BOP would be impossible, so they're relying on PP.

I'm sure at some point there will be fixed events for race cars that can't be modified though, or stock road cars.
Fair enough. I don't mind if I finish 12th as long as it was a tight race for 11th.

Fair enough. I don't mind if I finish 12th as long as it was a tight race for 11th.
Well indeed, bear in mind that the hardcore racing fans who will spend hours tuning cars and finding the absolute best cars are in the strong minority, most people in the 10 million+ playerbase that will eventually exist will be just racing whatever they've got. There will always be "that guy", but as long as the other 12 drivers are not taking it so seriously, I'm sure you'll have fun.

I'm not feeling confident enough with the new physics model to go race other people just yet, but I am starting to get the hang of it.

I just tried a race A in a stock Aqua, not fully realising it wasn't a provided car until I saw the four people who "got it" 40s ahead in their tuned starters. Didn't come last but uh... Race A isn't very casual or closely balanced at the moment, think I'll just go back to the campaign for the weekend.

I just tried a race A in a stock Aqua, not fully realising it wasn't a provided car until I saw the four people who "got it" 40s ahead in their tuned starters. Didn't come last but uh... Race A isn't very casual or closely balanced at the moment, think I'll just go back to the campaign for the weekend.
I mean, you have the BHP guidelines, it's not exactly hidden that the base cars are way below that. It takes not even 5 minutes to get the parts from GT Auto that knock 10+ seconds off your laptime.

Million percent this. PD is basically walking away from the "middle aged guy with wife/kids/mortgage" who is time poor market. I see zero advantage allowing either tuning or set up changes in SPORT, that is what FIA races are for.

The big joy with sport was turn on the PS4, enter a race and within 5 minutes you are in a room with 19 other folks who are close to your skill level. Amazing stuff. Now that's all out the window. Absolute shame IMHO.

Last edited:
the difference between DR A and A+ is bigger than the difference between DR D and A. . 🤷‍♂️
No way. My SR dropped a bit recently and I was in with D drivers, race B, Maggiore group 4. My qualy time is within 2 seconds of the top time and i was doing laps 4 to 5 seconds faster than the D drivers. My DR is 38K, slap average A driver. Even GT Blade tells the story, I often outqualify 10 to 15pc of A+ drivers but maybe, maybe 1 or usually 0 D drivers will outqualify me.

Million percent this. PD is basically walking away from the "middle aged guy with wife/kids/mortgage" who is time poor market. I see zero advantage allowing either tuning or set up changes in SPORT, that is what FIA races are for.

The big joy with sport was turn on the PS4, enter a race and within 5 minutes you are in a room with 19 other folks who are close to your skill level. Amazing stuff. Now that's all out the window. Absolute shame IMHO.
Oi oi I have a wife, kid and definitely a mortgage but I'm not middle aged! I'm still a young man just nearing my 40s 😅

Last edited:
2nd attempt, wasn't disconnected but only 1 bar connection. Started 3rd/finished 7th. Had an awsome spin.

A short sample of the in-game auto-generated Music Replay. It's very cool.

I mean, you have the BHP guidelines, it's not exactly hidden that the base cars are way below that. It takes not even 5 minutes to get the parts from GT Auto that knock 10+ seconds off your laptime.
The problem with that is spending hard to come by credits on a car that will get mothballed once that daily switches over to the next lot.

PD are in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation though. I personally preferred the bop setup in Sport, but there would be people that are loving this new setup.

The perfect daily setup for me would be 6 races each week. A, B and C pretty much the same as GTS, D and E dupes of B and C with tuning, and F a drag strip.

I plan to make tunes for various vehicles and maybe tutorials depending on how fast I am, but I have a few questions before I start. Is a Playstation + subscription needed for every account to compete in Sport Mode or just one account per console? Does each race have top 10 leaderboards with replays like in GT Sport? Also, does the Driver Rating reset still happen after getting to a low Sportsmanship Rating, and if so how likely is it to gain SR race by race? Thanks.

So what are the other options?

They introduced an insanely good customisation system to GT7, the best one they've ever done. You want them to remove that from Sport Mode? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but it's the only way you're going to get that same level playing field, because BOP is impossible when there are probably billions of car combinations with all the customisation options.

If there are so many people like yourself then surely you're still going to meet those same people soon enough, whilst all the people with free time to fettle their cars to find the perfect builds will move above you in the rankings and race among themselves.

Racing isn't cheap/it's easier when you become a millonaire.

Don't make me feel bad for buying a wing for a Toyota Aqua on Day1. :lol:
You do you with your Aqua my friend. :D

I know irl racing isn't cheap and at some point hopefully the need to be frugal with credits will diminish, but I just preferred the way Sport was set up. To me the simplicity of being able to race was perfection. I'll have a play with the tuning at some point, but in online I just want to race without the pissing about. Options to suit both camps would be the go. Sport has always had a big base of players, so splitting them wouldn't be a huge deal I'd imagine. The tuning option would likely attract a few that previously had no interest as well, it's just not for me.

I plan to make tunes for various vehicles and maybe tutorials depending on how fast I am, but I have a few questions before I start. Is a Playstation + subscription needed for every account to compete in Sport Mode or just one account per console? Does each race have top 10 leaderboards with replays like in GT Sport? Also, does the Driver Rating reset still happen after getting to a low Sportsmanship Rating, and if so how likely is it to gain SR race by race? Thanks.
I don't know the answer to last questions but you only need one PS subscription for all of your accounts for Sport Mode.

does anyone know how to save the tune ? i’m trying to tune the 1965 Mini cooper so i can complete menu book number 6. it says my car needs to be over 360PP i went to the tuning shop bought the parts necessary but they don’t increase the PP on the car and it stays the same so then i go to the garage and go into car setting and i select all the tunes on a sheet but how do i save them on to the car because when i back out of car settings it still shows a low PP. please someone help !!

I'm personally all for it.
Apparently you can't flip the trannies anymore, and with the PP. system based on power/weight but also simulated performance done by the game, the Bop should kinda sorta work itself out at least for road cars.

does anyone know how to save the tune ? i’m trying to tune the 1965 Mini cooper so i can complete menu book number 6. it says my car needs to be over 360PP i went to the tuning shop bought the parts necessary but they don’t increase the PP on the car and it stays the same so then i go to the garage and go into car setting and i select all the tunes on a sheet but how do i save them on to the car because when i back out of car settings it still shows a low PP. please someone help !!
It's not the tunes (setup) sheet you're looking for. You have to buy aftermarket parts (tires, muffler, ECU, etc...) to increase PP.

It's not the tunes (setup) sheet you're looking for. You have to buy aftermarket parts (tires, muffler, ECU, etc...) to increase PP.
i bought everything like you said ! do i have to add everything i buy to the car or is it automatically added to the car after i purchase the part ?

i bought everything like you said ! do i have to add everything i buy to the car or is it automatically added to the car after i purchase the part ?
The parts are applied automatically. Maybe you are suffering the progression bug. There has been lots of talk about it in the bug thread. Like not being able to advance in the career despite complying with the menu requests.

Latest Posts

Back